SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:10 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

This game needed a deadline 2 months ago.

I thought Percy had self-hammered, and I hung my head in sadness. I was really challenged. Had I been wrong about everything? Had all those signs added up to the wrong conclusion? etc etc

Then I saw he hadn't, and it was l-1, and he quickly unvoted (and fair enough too, either way. Self-voting sucks.)

So we're back at this impasse where we can't quite get enough to vote Percy. I think Empking looks scummy, primarily because he's Empking. I think Sajin always was suspicious in his vote for Percy, but a) I still hold that there's more concrete links and evidence against Percy than any other player and b) his alignment is critical. If he is discontinued mafia and there is another faction, then there are bound to be scum on his wagon, probably yesterday as well. If he's town, I'm less sure, but it's possible. I think Empking and Sajin are certainly possible to be another mafia faction, but it's vital that we know Percy's alignment, know whether he is discontinued is he is mafia etc etc.

This game desperately needs a kick and that's where it'll be, in my opinion.

Percy - I have to say that your play has been so impressive over the past month or two. Whether you're town or scum, you haven't stooped to insults or OMGUS or given up (apart from the self-vote, which I think was a gambit anyway) or lashed out, in fact you've had a number of solid attempts to change the town's focus off you and on to other people or a mass claim or another event. I think if the town had been more active you'd have either been successful or lynched a lot earlier and you'd be spared this irritating impasse. And I know that I've been obstinant in my suspicions of you, so my opinion is unlikely to be reciprocated, but I felt it had to be said that whatever your alignment is, I've personally had nothing but admiration for the way you've kept at it.
I'm old now.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Fishythefish »

SerialClergyman wrote:...and b) his alignment is critical. If he is discontinued mafia and there is another faction, then there are bound to be scum on his wagon, probably yesterday as well. If he's town, I'm less sure, but it's possible.
How would Percy's town/discontinued flip tell us about the players on his wagon? Any other scumgroup would (presumably) not know his alignment.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Vino »

Empking wrote:
Vino wrote:
Empking wrote:Would you mind telling me how that question is game relevant?
It's not. I'm just wondering.
Then why am I scummy for not answering it?
*sigh* That's not what I'm saying. Nevermind.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 am

Post by Empking »

Vino wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vino wrote:
Empking wrote:Would you mind telling me how that question is game relevant?
It's not. I'm just wondering.
Then why am I scummy for not answering it?
*sigh* That's not what I'm saying. Nevermind.
I must have misunderstood you.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Vino you are looking fetching this morning!

Empking! Perhaps I should have been more clear! It was regarding 'scaring' fishy!
Immoral Acts: 0
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Fishythefish wrote:Percy's town/discontinued flip
Ohai. Know something we don't? This kind of post makes me feel that there are two scum groups, and Fish here is in the other one.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Empking »

Head_Honcho wrote:Vino you are looking fetching this morning!

Empking! Perhaps I should have been more clear! It was regarding 'scaring' fishy!
Can I not be suspicious of a player obviously performing a chainsaw defence for Percy?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Riceballtail wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:Percy's town/discontinued flip
Ohai. Know something we don't? This kind of post makes me feel that there are two scum groups, and Fish here is in the other one.
I was quoting a post which said that we would know more from whether Percy flipped discontinued or town. Did you read what I was replying to? Also, the words "this kind of post" imply I have made such a post before. This is completely false.
This attack does not feel like one made in good faith.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Frankly, I'm more worried about the fact that Gorrad seems to be inactive than I am about player inactivity.

I'm not sold about Percy being scum, but I'm finally convinced that this game isn't going to go anywhere until Percy is dead.

Not sure if Riceballtail is in Percy's faction or elsewhere. If Has is scum he's probably in the same faction as Percy. (That's assuming Percy is group scum; even if he's not town, nagging voice has been saying for a bit that his play and claim is even consistent with UNK SK.)

Unvote if voting, Vote: Percy
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

I for one am convinced Percy might be Hitler!

Now Tar! How do we get to UNK SK!? I thought the whole thing was a combination of 'must hammer cop!' and 'omg KORLASH!' I love that you have declared me a confirmed townie and everyone buys that but frankly this last post rubs me the wrong way a bit!

Empking! How is it so clear to you that Fishy is scum concerned with a buddy's lynch as opposed to a concerned citizen!? I am glad you brought it up because I would like to see specifically how you have made this distinction!

Does it seem likely to you that scumFishy would chainsaw for scumPercy after what happened to poor ActualScumKorlash!? Is it not more likely that this was just a throwaway comment because you didn't feel like responding to post 1066(The battle of hastings!)!?

Which is my roundabout way of saying fishy asked some relevant questions which I would like to see answered!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Empking »

Head_Honcho wrote:I for one am convinced Percy might be Hitler!

Now Tar! How do we get to UNK SK!? I thought the whole thing was a combination of 'must hammer cop!' and 'omg KORLASH!' I love that you have declared me a confirmed townie and everyone buys that but frankly this last post rubs me the wrong way a bit!

Empking! How is it so clear to you that Fishy is scum concerned with a buddy's lynch as opposed to a concerned citizen!? I am glad you brought it up because I would like to see specifically how you have made this distinction!
Town may argue against points.

Scum chainsaws.
Does it seem likely to you that scumFishy would chainsaw for scumPercy after what happened to poor ActualScumKorlash!?
Yes.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

i believe i've already mentioned that i don't really have anything more to say until percy is lynched. this post is to acknowledge that yes i'm still participating in this game so no whoever takes over doesn't need to worry about replacing me.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Vino »

Honcho, I like the cut of your gib! You look dapper in your smiley shades today! I was just thinking about how funny it would have been if you had been assigned the role of T-Rex from Dinosaur comics, instead of Gil!

In any case, is Percy now at L-1? Maybe we can get the game to not die by hammering and asking the backup mod to move us into night. I know this is a rather anti-town thing to suggest, but given that the real deadline for this day was weeks ago and the game is threatening to stall without a mod around, I think it might be our most prudent option.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Tarhalindur wrote:Frankly, I'm more worried about the fact that Gorrad seems to be inactive than I am about player inactivity.
This is my big issue with this game right now. We have players who haven't posted in months and a mod in MIA. It's not helping matters.

I know I have been slacking lately as well, just having a hard time caring about this game when so many others don't.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Sotty7 wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Frankly, I'm more worried about the fact that Gorrad seems to be inactive than I am about player inactivity.
This is my big issue with this game right now. We have players who haven't posted in months and a mod in MIA. It's not helping matters.

I know I have been slacking lately as well, just having a hard time caring about this game when so many others don't.
^this
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Vino wrote:In any case, is Percy now at L-1? Maybe we can get the game to not die by hammering and asking the backup mod to move us into night. I know this is a rather anti-town thing to suggest, but given that the real deadline for this day was weeks ago and the game is threatening to stall without a mod around, I think it might be our most prudent option.
I toyed with the idea of hammering earlier. Thing is, with so many players just not here, there's no point going into night without replacements (as a minimum, for Zazie, Tzee and Sajin). While a hammer would move the game, it wouldn't move it far, and as you say is an anti-town move (at least if made for that reason) - when the town aren't doing so well anyway. We need some serious mod intervention before anything happens- whether that's for loads of replacements or just abandoning the whole affair.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Percy »

Empking 1098 wrote:
Empking; Why is posting bad denying that (doing an Empking) pro-town.
Percy; Where did I say it was?

Percy; How was I intending to scare off Fishy?
Are you just making stuff up?
Is "Blacken my name" melodramatic or overdefensive?
I was making fun of your terrible post. The fact that you took it seriously is *hilarious*. Empking is scum, guys, just check him out in ISO for some scummy goodtimes.
SerialClergyman 1100 wrote:b) his alignment is critical.
I understand that now. It sucks, because I don't know how much my townflip will help the town.
SerialClergyman 1100 wrote:Percy - I have to say that your play has been so impressive over the past month or two. Whether you're town or scum, you haven't stooped to insults or OMGUS or given up (apart from the self-vote, which I think was a gambit anyway) or lashed out, in fact you've had a number of solid attempts to change the town's focus off you and on to other people or a mass claim or another event. I think if the town had been more active you'd have either been successful or lynched a lot earlier and you'd be spared this irritating impasse. And I know that I've been obstinant in my suspicions of you, so my opinion is unlikely to be reciprocated, but I felt it had to be said that whatever your alignment is, I've personally had nothing but admiration for the way you've kept at it.
Thank you.
I did give up for a little while, because goddamn this game has just weighed on me for so long. I'm glad I stuck around, especially to talk a little more about scumSotty. It's going to be interesting watching everyone's reaction tomorrow, but the fact that my lynch is essentially an information lynch means laying blame for the mislynch will be harder.
Tarhalindur 1108 wrote:nagging voice has been saying for a bit that his play and claim is even consistent with UNK SK.
You've got to be kidding me.

OK, so to reiterate, here are my scumsuspects:

Empking
Sajin
RBT
Sotty

I've tried to keep my posts about these players (except perhaps RBT, who I suspect largely on the back of Tar's case) brimming with information and links, so after my flip tomorrow I hope people take a look at my work in a new light.

I've made so many "about to be lynched" posts, so I'm just going to call this one here. I know the only reason I'm still alive right now is mod neglect of the game.

It's been a pleasure, guys. Go town.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Percy wrote:Empking is scum, guys, just check him out in ISO for some scummy goodtimes.
Yup! Look at his rhetoric, Percy didn't just hammer LC, he quickhammered the likely cop! Percy quickhammered! The likely cop! My favorite is when Empking specifically says we should say 'the likely cop' instead of LC because it is 'easier to remember'! Nobody else between qwints' claim and Percy's hammer bears any responsibility for voting the likely cop!

Were we going to glean more information from LC!? This was the second time that day he was at L-1!
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Vino »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not!
Show

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I am talking about Empking there when I say 'his rhetoric'! I am describing why I find Empking's approach to pushing a Percy lynch rather scummy!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Percy »

Lolz, I missed that, HH. Here it is for everyone's benefit, just in case you think he's exaggerating there:
Empking 1065 wrote:How is saying "the likely cop" different from saying "LC" they're both referring to the same person in the same manner. Its just that the first one is easier to remember.
Yeah.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Empking »

Head_Honcho wrote:
Percy wrote:! My favorite is when Empking specifically says
we should
say 'the likely cop' instead of LC because it is 'easier to remember'!
Quotes please.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

My mistake! Percy quoted what I was referring to, you said that the statements were equivalent and I took 'the first one is easier to remember' to mean you found it preferable! This seemed like BS to me because obviously you know who LC is, and obviously there is quite a leap in what is being discussed when you go from 'he hammered LC' to 'he hammered the likely cop'!

As I said before though, if for all intents and purposes LC can definitively be referred to as 'the likely cop' then wouldn't it follow that literally half of the town is scum!? Why is Tar(not a reflection on you here Tar you are just someone he seems to think holds a certain level of town cred this game!) not scum for voting 'the likely cop'!?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count brought to you by VG Cats. "Updating Every Monday".

Percy (8): SerialClergyman, Roflcopter, Sajin, Empking, Sotty7, Vino, Mastermind of Sin, Tarhalindur
Empking (2): Head_Honcho, Fishythefish
Roflcopter (1): Riceballtail
Sironigous (1): Hasdgfas
Snow White (1): Sironigous

Note Voting (4): ZazieR, Tzeentch, Snow White, Percy
With 17 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

I'm sorry about the drop-off-the-face-of-the-Earth.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that Fishy was NOT voting Percy. Game on, sorry for the mistake.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Vino »

Gorrad wrote:
Vote Count brought to you by VG Cats. "Updating Every Monday".
Ransoomar keeps that release schedule as much as Gorrad keeps his deadlines. *smirk*
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”