Newbie 835: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:02 am

Post by purple princess »

orangepenguin wrote:I think Devot and Webz are scum buddies.
Care to elaborate on this?

@ kirbyoshi, nice to see you trying to blend into the background now that there is a bit less pressure being put on you. I know this could be seen as OMGUS as you are now pointing the susspision towards me, but saying that you must just be a bit slower than everyone else is a bit of a poor answer to me.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:02 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@ kirbyoshi, nice to see you trying to blend into the background now that there is a bit less pressure being put on you. I know this could be seen as OMGUS as you are now pointing the susspision towards me, but saying that you must just be a bit slower than everyone else is a bit of a poor answer to me.
This sets off every warning bell in the whole fire station. I'll explain later.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Replacing rules page on OP, found a better one, btw.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Oh wow, just posted on the wrong thread entirely. That was for my Scrabble game. Delete this and the other, Thok. :D

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Basically, here are the main points that pop out at me when I read princess' quote.

1- I don't know what you mean by "it's nice to see you blend in the background." Gives me a bad vibe.

2- You put a mention of OMGUS that makes no sense. You hardly attacked him. This sounds like contrived distancing.

3- This sounds like scum communication in general.

They're slightly gut reads, but given all I've seen, they make sense from my vantage.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Webz wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I think Devot and Webz are scum buddies.
Congratulations on your epiphany. Care to state your reasons? :roll:
It wasn't an epiphany, I was thinking that when I first listed my suspicions about both of you. I wasn't sure if I made that clear or not, so now I have.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Webz »

orangepenguin wrote:It wasn't an epiphany, I was thinking that when I first listed my suspicions about both of you. I wasn't sure if I made that clear or not, so now I have.
Maybe it's clear, but it is equally meaningless now, as no one else has said they see it, and you haven't elaborated.

Yabba, I also dislike that PP post (325). I think that maybe she meant to say the opposite, that it's good that he's coming out of the background, but either way it is a very, very fishy post. I don't like it at all.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I don't like the post either.
purple wrote:@ kirbyoshi, nice to see you trying to blend into the background
Why is me blending in to the background a good thing? That's something I called Devotress out on as a scumtell, so how is it a good thing I am committing one of my own cases? (Btw, to clarify, I don't see that as what I'm doing)
now that there is a bit less pressure being put on you.
Is there? Has anyone unvoted me? I ask merely for information.
I know this could be seen as OMGUS
Why are you trying to give everyone a pair of colored glasses to see your post through?
as you are now pointing the susspision towards me,
Spelling fail. Just saying.
but saying that you must just be a bit slower than everyone else is a bit of a poor answer to me.
I'm truly sorry you don't like it, but it's the only way I can think of to describe it.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Devotress »

OP just believes in a minimalist playstyle is all :P

Regarding pp's post:
"I know this seems scummy but" type posts worry me and give me all kinds of scum vibes. It's like you're trying to pre-empt the suspicions people are about to post.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Webz »

PBPA, on general gist of posts by Purple Princess.
purple princess wrote:Okay my brain is hurting after reading all of that!

That was a really stupid mistake from YamiJoey to hammer Double A wih such a long time untill deadline, I feel that we may have missed out on valuable information on other players and giving scum an easy time with ending the day early and letting them get their first night kill in.

Right now I do belive that it was a total mistake on YamiJoey's part for hammering so early, surley no scum would hammer so quickly? especially knowing that they would have to have a pretty good defence to get themselves out of being lynched on day two.

Sometimes I think people can focus on one thing which seems to over-shadow all other questions allowing scum to get another "free pass" into day three.

I am still trying t digest the whole of this game, wil re-read and post when I can.
This is the first post where she is waffling, but it can be seen from both sides. She says she sees YJ as dramatically anti-town, yet still town.

Also, she questions the suspicion of the hammer, when it was made extremely clear by me and yabba that it would not be acceptable, but doesn't argue from the point of "YJ didn't see the posts" and "YJ didn't know the full consequences of his actions."
purple princess wrote:]
YamiJoey
What a stupid, stupid move you made on hammering Double A, especially when we were quite away from deadline, we may have missed out on vital information on who may be scum instead of getting rid of town, I agree that you should be lynched just for this silly move, but with this being a small game we cannot afford to run the risk of loosing more town right now. I think you should make yourself incredibly usefull on finding who is actually scum in this game just to try and save you own arse right now.

Kirbyoshi
seems jumpy, voting all over the place early on in this game, could be nothing, could also be a scum tell.

Webz
I kind of have to agree that he looks a bit 'too townie' right now, his posts seem far too long, but they don't really have much point to them.

FOS Webz
Here, you seem to be toing and froing aswell on YJ's lynch. Also, you go at me without much of a reason. Also, waffling and unsure of yourself when it comes to Kirby.
purple princess wrote:I just don't beleive that scum would make such a reckless move, surley the object of there game is to stay alive to win. When day two had started mostly everyone was ready to lynch him, which doesn't really look good if he is scum does it? one scum down, one to go, I think we would be looking at a town win. I just belive that scum would be trying their hardest to steer votes away from them.
Too much WIFOM. This is not valid, especially assuming YJ didn't know the full consequences.
purple princess wrote:
Webz wrote:The reason that I have "changed" might be because I actually think that PP probably is scum, rather than the scummiest. It might be because I started playing another mafia game. It might be because I read quite a few games and found out that I wasn't quite doing it right. It's not conscious.
Okay so you reasons for thinking I am scum are because you have started playing another mafia game? how does that make sense? or help town in anyway? Could you elaborate on what you wern't doing right? That statement kind of hints to me that you may not be as good as you thought you were at hiding your scum role.
Misinterpretation. It may be real misinterpretation, it may be interpreting from a scummy mindset.
Also, being quite aggressive.
purple princess wrote:@ YamiJoey, I am unsure why you feel he need to agree with evrything Webz either says in response to peoples posts or reply to things which have been directed towards him. I know this is going to sound a little OMGUS as most of this is directed at me, but I can handle that if it means we get progression in this game.
Webz was applying some pressure towards you ealier on in this game and now his attention is directed towards other people it seems to me like you are trying to almost hide behind him without going un-noticed as that would be active lurking, but there just seems to be something that doesn't sit right with you imo.

FOS YamiJoey
purple princess wrote:Okay, my Devotess = town, is kind of wearing out. Recently you seem to be "thorwing" things out there and seeing what sticks without actually commiting to anything. This seems a little scummy to me. It is as if you are frightend to comment on stuff just incase people question you or even vote for you, kind of like you are trying to go under the radar without drawing any suspiscions towards yourself.

I still have my suspiscions about Webz, but right now I think Devotess is looking scummier.

VOTE Devotess
Two aggressive posts in a row. This is where it looks like you were muddying the water, because you were seemingly going from person to person and pressing their buttons. Throwing things out, but in a more aggressive way than Devotress.
purple princess wrote:@ Devotress, Thanks for noticing that I had replaced FA, shame that it took me voting for you to start though, but god to see that you are commiting yourself to what you post instead of, "hmmm it could be nothing, but I thought I would mention......"
Hypocrisy, and aggression again.
purple princess wrote:@ kirbyoshi, nice to see you trying to blend into the background now that there is a bit less pressure being put on you. I know this could be seen as OMGUS as you are now pointing the susspision towards me, but saying that you must just be a bit slower than everyone else is a bit of a poor answer to me.
Again, I don't think that this is how you meant it to read, but it is still scummy and overly defensive by offense. Normally people wouldn't consider a post like this to be an attack, yet you mention that it could be seen as an OMGUS, so it seems you are more interested in getting someone (who isn't you) lynched than actually helping the town.

Overall, the aggression and waffling stand out to me as reccuring scumtells.

vote: purple princess
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count (deadline 9/29)

Kirbyoshi (2): (yabbaguy, Devotress)
purple princess (2): (YamiJoey, Webz)
YamiJoey (1): (Kirbyoshi)
Webz (1): (orangepenguin)
Devotress (1): (purple princess)
yabbaguy (0):
orangepenguin (0):

Not Voting (0):

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Please let me know if I've made a mistake.

There's roughly six days before the deadline hits. Remember, by my deadline rules you need 3 votes to lynch at deadline (and if two people have three votes, nobody will be lynched.)

Prodding YamiJoey, who hasn't posted since Saturday.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:09 am

Kirbyoshi wrote:Why is me blending in to the background a good thing? That's something I called Devotress out on as a scumtell, so how is it a good thing I am committing one of my own cases? (Btw, to clarify, I don't see that as what I'm doing)
It's not a good thing, well not a very town thing to do anyway.
Kirbyoshi wrote:
now that there is a bit less pressure being put on you.
Is there? Has anyone unvoted me? I ask merely for information.
Of course there is, the attention has been drawn away from you, and with agreeing with everyone else people will find other things to vote on in time.

Just for the record I only posted that it looked omgus, because if I hadn't someone would surely point out that it was.
Webz wrote:Overall, the aggression and waffling stand out to me as reccuring scumtells.
Sure they do, sorry if you don't like my playstyle, but that is just the way it is I'm affraid.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

PP wrote:It's not a good thing, well not a very town thing to do anyway.
You said it's a nice thing to see, yet you think it's anti-town?
PP wrote:Of course there is, the attention has been drawn away from you, and with agreeing with everyone else people will find other things to vote on in time.
Attention may have been drawn away from me, but I am still tied for the lead in votes. By my estimation, that means no pressure has been taken off of me.
PP wrote:Just for the record I only posted that it looked omgus, because if I hadn't someone would surely point out that it was.
A town player would wait and see if someone calls it OMGUS. If they don't, then good for you, since they don't find you scummy.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Webz »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
PP wrote:It's not a good thing, well not a very town thing to do anyway.
PP wrote:Of course there is, the attention has been drawn away from you, and with agreeing with everyone else people will find other things to vote on in time.
Attention may have been drawn away from me, but I am still tied for the lead in votes. By my estimation, that means no pressure has been taken off of me.
PP wrote:Just for the record I only posted that it looked omgus, because if I hadn't someone would surely point out that it was.
A town player would wait and see if someone calls it OMGUS. If they don't, then good for you, since they don't find you scummy.
1) Because the post was meant to say the opposite thing, I think. PP, is this true?

2) Not true at all. You are now off the main scum list of me and YJ, and you are not necessarily the most likely to be lynched now. The pressure is, obviously, still there, but not as much.

3) This is fine. I, of course, would rather that you hadn't, but it was probably >1/2 likely that someone would say it was an OMGUS. There is such a thing as time and effort, kirby :roll:

V/LA
: From in 24 hours for 3 days and a half.

Also, in a week and a bit, I'll have to be replaced, I think. I'll be away for 9 days. Sorry. Starting the saturday in just more than a week.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by YamiJoey »

purple princess wrote:
Webz wrote:Overall, the aggression and waffling stand out to me as reccuring scumtells.
Sure they do, sorry if you don't like my playstyle, but that is just the way it is I'm affraid.
Your playstyle is to act scummy? That's a bad playstyle, as you either force the Town to jump on you and mislynch, or you get lynched as Scum. Either way, your team loses out.
Kirbyoshi wrote:
Purple Princess wrote:It's not a good thing, well not a very town thing to do anyway.
I agree with this. How in the world can you
want
someone to act scummy and post that on the thread? Sure you can want someone to act scummy to cover yourself (as scum) and get them lynched instead, but what exactly drives someone to go out and admit that? It'd either be as scumbuddies and trying to keep suspicion off of Kirby by saying it's good, getting called out and then changing your statement, or it'd be excessively bad play, which PP has admitted to in my quote above. However, I'm going to go ahead and throw in a few of the more ridiculous scumtells like misinformation, and say actually scummy. Scumtells such as:
Purple Princess wrote:Of course there is, the attention has been drawn away from you, and with agreeing with everyone else people will find other things to vote on in time.
You do realise that people are keeping their vote on Kirby and consistantly reinforcing their point against him, don't you? -
Misinformation
- Just needed to highlight that one, as PP just moved way up on how scummy I think she is. (Though I'd []i]still[/i] feel safer outing Kirby.)

YJ
Show
i l o v e s e c r e t a g e n t s

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

[b]V/LA on weekends a lot. Soz beefz.[/b]
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by YamiJoey »

EBWOP:
Webz wrote:2) Not true at all. You are now off the main scum list of me and YJ, and you are not necessarily the most likely to be lynched now. The pressure is, obviously, still there, but not as much.
My posts 303, 301, and previous post all show my suspicion towards Kirby. I
still
have Kirby down as the most scummy in the game right now. Just making sure no-one thinks that I've changed because of Webz's post. (Slight misinformation, but I've been accidently inactive for half-the-week.)

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by Webz »

Sorry, YJ. I kind of assumed it because of your absence/vote, but I do remember that you said that Kirby was more scummy. But still, your attention has probably (subconsciously?) been brought away partly, because you have the case and the general attention on PP. We can't lynch both.

I think that Princess is most scummy at the moment. The confessing to scumtells is one thing, the lack of defence is another, but arrogantly saying that she's not going to stop being scummy is really, really bad for the town.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:10 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Unvote, Vote: Purple Princess

I agree. Even if I'm wrong about the exact scumpair, I think princess has turned into a more likely scum target.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:47 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Webz wrote:I think that Princess is most scummy at the moment. The confessing to scumtells is one thing, the lack of defence is another, but arrogantly saying that she's not going to stop being scummy is really,
really bad for the town
OK; can we go ahead and read into this properly. "Bad for the Town", not "Means that she is definitely Mafia.". We can't afford to go ahead and lynch someone who has the possibility of being Town. If we're wrong, we will lose the game.

Unvote PP

Simply because even if someone comes out and does hammer, and PP does turn out to be town, and we lynch and they are scum, we're still in an extremely bad position. This is the same reason I wouldn't vote Kirby, and I would much rather hit Kirby than PP. It still feels the safer bet.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

YJ wrote:Simply because even if someone comes out and does hammer, and PP does turn out to be town, and we lynch and they are scum, we're still in an extremely bad position.
QFT, and this is something scum would not post, no
Unvote: YamiJoey

HoS: Purple Princess
for reasons already stated earlier, and to avoid a quick hammer.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:20 am

Webz wrote:1) Because the post was meant to say the opposite thing, I think. PP, is this true?
This is true, it was suppose to be sarcastic, but I guess it went over some peoples head.
YamiJoey wrote:You do realise that people are keeping their vote on Kirby and consistantly reinforcing their point against him, don't you? - Misinformation - Just needed to highlight that one, as PP just moved way up on how scummy I think she is. (Though I'd []i]still[/i] feel safer outing Kirby.)
I don't think think I am misinforming people, right now most of people's questions are being directed towards me, which means although you still have your vote on Kirby he has a bit of breathing space. I'm sure within time, people's votes would change as he wouldn't have said anything recently to draw suspicion to himself, thus being able to slip under the radar.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Devotress »

I'm going to be V/LA for about a day. I'll be back then.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by YamiJoey »

I am slightly suspicious of Webz at the moment. I would like him to please post his thoughts on posts since his last one (341) before I can actually continue to do anything, though.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:20 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I'm really confused right now.
Deadline's in 3 days
, YJ, and L-1 becomes a lynch if we hit deadline. Why are you trying to screw around with votes again, when all you say is "there's a possibility she's town"? We're basically NEVER certain for sure, and we need SOMEBODY lynched, considering how we've basically split ourselves into two camps at present.

Confused by Kirby's 344 as well, in general.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:52 am

@ YamiJoey, did you unvote for me because you know I am not scum? With deadline so soon, does it really matter if I am killed by hammering or by the deadline? Do you not want to vote for me beacuse you may be asked questions on day 3 that you cannot simply answer as a town player?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”