Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by GreenDude »

I really think that we misunderstood Chamber. That he doesn't mean that he justs votes and expects you to understand, but that he leads up to the vote but won't outright explain the vote. At least that is what I thought. I might be wrong. I thought that we should see in the future to see what he means. And that it was stupid that we put him at L-1 in page 2/3 (somewhere there).
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

SOG wrote:
Unvote; Vote: ZazieR
Now, I think Zazie's actions have been kinda strange, certainly not my playstyle, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. Chamber's playstyle was wrong; Zazie's, not so much, and definitely not worth a vote. I think SOG is either trying to make a case where there's not one just for the sake of making a case, or picking on the replacement, both of which are scummy.

Vote: semioldguy
since this is the first thing I've seen since chamber left that I see as scummy.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

When I scrolled back through the posts and saw ~20 points all from zazier, I did one hell of a facepalm. I was ready to keep my vote on and start bitching lol

However after reading through all of them, they are legitimate comments imo about all of the posts hes missed as he replaced in late.

ZazieR wrote:
Post 22 – For clarification, what was your reason to unvote,
Chibo
?
I was unvoting my RVS sort of as a joke since after the first time I posted in the game I realized how hard it was to read my cyan posts as well, and I had RVS voted him solely based on color and it being hard to read.

I really don't like how SoG instantly voted zazier when he found out he was replacing chamber by referencing past games. i mean sure it has happened plenty of times, but we need to be voting mafia members out here, and such a hasty vote (hasty as in the reason he did it as in just seeing him post for the first time) really has no base.

Josh Lyman wrote:
I agree. Posting "reminders" to yourself in a public thread seems ..... I don't know, less than Town. Surely you have the means to keep notes to yourself on your own computer, or perhaps a piece of paper, or maybe scrawling in crayons on the wall.... It just seems to be shitting up the thread for no apparent reason.

Yes, I see that there is an alternative to it as well (self notes), but what exactly makes having them be public make someone "less than town?"

Zazier at this point as at least earned my benefit of the doubt.

Unvote ZazieR

FoS: SoG
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Why only an FoS ChiboSempai?

FoS:
ChiboSempai

The only time I like to see FoS'es are when your vote is already somewhere else that you like better or in special circumstances such as LyLo or at an L-1 wagon, etc. Neither of those apply to your FoS on me and I've caught scum this way before. I think you are afraid to look OMGUS-y from my suspicion and vote on you early in the game because you might be scum.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:56 am

Post by ZazieR »

semioldguy wrote:
What's the point to all the self reminders and the "elaborate later" type comments? I don't like that at all. If you have something to say either say it now or keep it to yourself until it's relevant, hinting at it does the town no good and is only a distraction.
Zaz Reminder
means I have to look back at something.
I only said at one post that I'd elaborate further later in case Kirby, at whom the post was aimed, wanted to respond first.
Ignore the ''R''
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

semioldguy wrote:
Why only an FoS ChiboSempai?

FoS:
ChiboSempai

The only time I like to see FoS'es are when your vote is already somewhere else that you like better or in special circumstances such as LyLo or at an L-1 wagon, etc. Neither of those apply to your FoS on me and I've caught scum this way before. I think you are afraid to look OMGUS-y from my suspicion and vote on you early in the game because you might be scum.
This makes no sense. I'm just not throwing my votes around. No need to pressure. I'm not ready to vote you yet, not enough evidence. I'm just formally letting you know that I'm keeping an eye on you now. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:06 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

[/color]
lol
Show
join game

lynch town

win
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

ZazieR wrote:
Post 121 – Scummy post from
Bunny
. First of all, acknowledging that it’s Chamber’s playstyle.
What's so scummy about that? I've seen playstyles like that before, so I'm not really surprised.

ZazieR wrote:
The part about Budja shows some serious fence-sitting.
Fence-sitting? I gave my opinion on it. What else did you want? A whole speech about why I don't buy the case?

ZazieR wrote:
And as SoG already asked, explain the part about Sociopath.
I meant Sociopath pointing out SoG's rolefishing in [ulr=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 94#1875194]post 32[/ulr]

ZazieR wrote:
But now for the thing that is really scummy. The part about SoG. Reason stated that he’s scummy is the vote jumping. Yet, she agrees that Chamber’s playstyle is scummy and she can see the Budja case. Meaning that she thinks that SoG had good reasons to switch votes, yet still sees it as scummy. Explain why.
One thing is the usual playstyle, the other is a specific situation. I can see why others would go for Budja case, but I don't think it's strong enough (more like a misunderstanding).
SoG's vote jumping I don't like, but that doesn't mean he can't have reasons to move from one place to another. I just don't like that he can't keep a vote in a single place. And that's not the real problem. The thing is that he moves back and forth from the players he previously voted. That, I don't like. I'm not saying that it's a scum marker, but it's something worthy of looking up.

Ah, I almost couldn't finish this post. MafiaScum was having problems loading up pages.

Arrggg!!! Posting quotes in this game is a real pain! Stupid color tags!
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:55 am

Post by ZazieR »

semioldguy wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 27 – Why the ‘warning’,
SoG
?
Because I didn't want people making a useless vote for that reason. I thought it better to warn than to not warn. As if I didn't warn and just voted someone who said that it could be seen as an excuse to vote that person rather than an excuse to vote that reason. It's more difficult for people to try to frame or misrepresent me if I provide a warning declaring my intentions. It also ends the random voting.
Due to the first sentence, the following question:
Do you see it as scummy for voting with such a reason or not?
Again, it seems you are scared of getting attention.

SoG wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 32 – Scummy from
SoG
for pointing out a possible breadcrumb.
In my experience I've seen more breadcrumbs from scum than I have from town. I am also against breadcrumbing entirely, for reasons already mentioned.
So you think it's scummy that he 'bread-crumbed'?

SoG wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 60 – Though Kirby gave multiple reasons what he didn’t like about a certain post of Chamber. You,
SoG
, didn’t do so, but you do state that you agree with most of Kirby’s points. Why didn’t you point these reasons out then?
Also, can you re-phrase the last sentence?
I felt that I did, but that he just stated them better. As for rephrasing I thought it was pretty straightforward. He issued an ultimatum/challenge to the town, that in itself is scummy and was deserving of my vote. This was prior to the meta defense of chamber and the ultra-fast wagon.
Kirby mentioned three things against Post 53. Your response to Post 53 only shows Kirby's second argument. I don't see anywhere the first or the third argument.
Why did you write the last sentence? Did those two things effect your view of the wagon? If so, why and how?

SoG wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
semioldguy wrote:
Anyone who tries to vote for someone because they have an unreadable color will earn my vote from this point forward. There are much easier ways to deal with being able to read them (such as highlighting all their text with your mouse).
A silly blanket statement that can't be enforced.
You can't lynch someone based solely on them voting for a person over an off color.

Nor did you follow up on your apparently hollow threat. I voted you for an even more ridiculous reason, and yet you shrug if off as a random vote. I already made a random vote. And you were already calling out people with their random votes. And yet you ignore a blatantly obvious post that is right up your alley? Is that because it was targeted towards you? You didn't want to OMGUS yourself especially after calling someone else out on it with your NEXT post after my vote?
I like this argument that Socio used in Post 77. SoG’s post that follows doesn’t explain this as he didn’t change his vote at all in the post that he’s describing. Why didn’t you do so,
SoG
?
This was already explained. I said that I would vote for the next person to do X. SocioPath didn't do X, he did Y. Therefore, I did not vote for him. Yes, X and Y are very, very similar, but they are not the same.
Due to the first quote of yours in this post, this explanation is bad.
You state that you made the 'warning' so that other players wouldn't make a useless vote for a difficult-to-read colour. Key words: Useless vote. As SocioPath's vote could also be defined as useless, you need to explain why you didn't vote him for his 'useless' vote.
Also, I was talking more that you stated that you were thinking of voting him, but in the end decided not to do so.

SoG wrote:
Zaz wrote:
Regarding the bolded: Seems somebody is scared to get attention.
If that were true, which it isn't, then why would I point it out and bring attention to it myself?
As it was the only excuse you could think off to try and get the argument away of not voting SocioPath?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

semioldguy wrote:
Pointing out a breadcrumb isn't scummy. Scum would benefit more from keeping quiet about it and just silently killing that person during the night.
Tell that to Nuwen :roll:
And no, scum can have reasons to talk about it in the game. For examples:
-Getting discussion at a possible powerrole.
-Trying to make a player look bad if he claims a powerrole.
-Looking into reactions from other players to see who can be a powerrole, especially at the one who 'breadcrumbed'
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 am

Post by ZazieR »

Manzcar wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 137 – Scummy. Will elaborate later.
Please elaborate now. You took the time to make the post take the time to validate your claim. I would like to know how it is scummy. I don't see anything scummy there. Statements without reason do nothing for the town.

Kirby I don't find you scummy it just seemed lazy to me for you to want others to tell you who to vote for. Which is how I took your statement.
The way you formulated your question from the earlier post and not responding to what Kirby's response was.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:56 am

Post by ZazieR »

Josh Lyman wrote:
semioldguy wrote:
What's the point to all the self reminders and the "elaborate later" type comments? I don't like that at all. If you have something to say either say it now or keep it to yourself until it's relevant, hinting at it does the town no good and is only a distraction.

semioldguy wrote:
Manzcar wrote:
Please elaborate now. You took the time to make the post take the time to validate your claim.... Statements without reason do nothing for the town.
I agree completely.

I agree. Posting "reminders" to yourself in a public thread seems ..... I don't know, less than Town. Surely you have the means to keep notes to yourself on your own computer, or perhaps a piece of paper, or maybe scrawling in crayons on the wall.... It just seems to be shitting up the thread for no apparent reason.
Ctrl+f is my best friend after Wikipedia ;)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:03 am

Post by ZazieR »

Josh Lyman wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 31 – Scummy from
Josh
due to calling a player out on lurking on the same day (At least, in my time) that the game started.
You missed the part where I said "semi-random" -- right?
No. It's why I pointed it out.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:04 am

Post by ZazieR »

semioldguy wrote:
Sorry,

Unvote; Vote: ZazieR
Why?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:16 am

Post by ZazieR »

In response to the part of Kirby's three arguments against Chamber -
SoG
, with which of those did you agree?
Ignore the ''R''
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Zazie wrote:
I only said at one post that I'd elaborate further later in case Kirby, at whom the post was aimed, wanted to respond first.
I don't know what you want me to respond to, as the post to which you referred was made by Manzcar, not me.

Also, another point against SOG:
SOG wrote:
What's the point to all the..."elaborate later" type comments?
Misdirection, as Zazie only made one "elaborate later" comment.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Quote tag fail, but y'all get my point ;)
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

As said, if you wanted to respond to it as Manzcar was talking to you. As you didn't, I pointed out why it was scummy to me.
Ignore the ''R''
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 am

Post by semioldguy »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Zazie wrote:
I don't know what you want me to respond to, as the post to which you referred was made by Manzcar, not me.

Also, another point against SOG:
SOG wrote:
What's the point to all the..."elaborate later" type comments?
Misdirection, as Zazie only made one "elaborate later" comment.
You omitted the part of the sentence that makes it plural. Looks like the misdirection is on you.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 am

Post by semioldguy »

ZazieR wrote:
In response to the part of Kirby's three arguments against Chamber -
SoG
, with which of those did you agree?
All of his points minus the part that he thought abrasiveness was a scum tell. I already said this. You should read my posts.

Yes, I think it is potentially scummy that Josh Lyman might have breadcrumbed. I stand by my opinion that scum would be better off not bringing up potential breadcrumbs. If you think scum benefit from talking about it (I don't think this) then why do you keep bringing it up? That seems like a contradiction to me. If you were town and thought this then you would just request to have the subject dropped.

Chamber's explanations were good, yet despite that his wagon and lynch support continued to grow. Yes I am suspicious of his wagon, as evidence by my reason for voting Budja and my case against him.

The questions you are asking almost all have already been answered if you go back and actually read my posts.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

ZazieR wrote:
Josh Lyman wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 31 – Scummy from
Josh
due to calling a player out on lurking on the same day (At least, in my time) that the game started.
You missed the part where I said "semi-random" -- right?
No. It's why I pointed it out.

Got it. No random voting stage with
ZazieR

Anything else I need to know to keep from offending you?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Manzcar »

ZazieR wrote:
Manzcar wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Post 137 – Scummy. Will elaborate later.
Please elaborate now. You took the time to make the post take the time to validate your claim. I would like to know how it is scummy. I don't see anything scummy there. Statements without reason do nothing for the town.

Kirby I don't find you scummy it just seemed lazy to me for you to want others to tell you who to vote for. Which is how I took your statement.
The way you formulated your question from the earlier post and not responding to what Kirby's response was.
Can you please elaborate.
How did I formulate the question in a scummy way?
Also are you saying that I am scummy because I didn’t respond to Kirby’s response? .
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

semioldguy (3) – ZazieR, SocioPath, Kirbyoshi
ZazieR (1) – semioldguy
GreenDude (1) – Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny (1) – Nachomamma8
SocioPath (1) - GreenDude

Not voting (5): Josh Lyman, Manzcar, Pomegranate, Budja, Chibosempai

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Activity Check is coming up!

EDIT: Added ChiboSempai to the Not Voting list, removed Kirbyoshi from the Not Voting list
Last edited by Battousai on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Post coming later.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:01 am

Post by semioldguy »

@people not voting
Why aren't you voting? Who would you vote if you had to place a vote right now?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”