The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Plum wrote: Checking up on SB, she did make it clear that her original claim was primarily for the purposes of providing a "safe" investigation for any Cops. Not really worth it, not sure where she got the idea, but it looks like she believes that it is an optimal Miller play and she's not saying something she believes is BS because she's scum. Having said that
@Snow_Bunny
- link to the game you mentioned when you said "In other games with many investigative roles. It helped them clear their sanity. In another game, a miller didn't claim and thus was killed on D2, and the whole town demanded that player to know why didn't he claim early on." I'm especially interested in an example for the first, where the Miller helps confirm a Cop's sanity, but I really need both, thanks.
I'll try to find the games, and I'll post the link to them.
Plum wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Ugh.. This is fake scum-hunting. Attacking people for perfectly reasonable assumptions.
Disagree. It's a reasonable assumption, but a QT is not the be-all-and-end-all of a scum PM. Though Kise's statement isn't by itself strongly indicative of anything, it was a road worth looking down, not without potential, so SB's scumhunting here doesn't look faked to me (especially considering that she didn't make said relative molehill into a mountain).
I'm sorry, but I didn't post that. But I'm guessing you meant the accusation I did to Kise about he knowing there was a mafia QT, which, btw, everybody ignored... T_T

Plum wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Any roads, tubby's gameplay seems fishy to me. I'm playing with him in another game, and he's definitively playing different. I'll analyze this thing further.
I'm very interested in the results of your investigations. As soon as you have them, post 'em and let me at 'em.
Ok-dokey.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

Snow_Bunny wrote: I'm sorry, but I didn't post that. But I'm guessing you meant the accusation I did to Kise about he knowing there was a mafia QT, which, btw, everybody ignored... T_T
I thought I did comment on that, wondering if there was an instance in which scum didnt have a QT.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:04 am

Post by tubby216 »

plum #346 wrote:Tubby:

Pact? What's the precedent for that, and what do you mean by it? You push it for two posts, take a break to vote SB with what seems to be an "I policy-lynch Millers" stance, go back to working on this mysterious, ultimately useless 'pact', break from your pure policy-lynch stance to argue that SB is scummier than before without offering useful details.

tubby216 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Snow Bunny is obvtown. You have 1 post in which to remove your vote from her, or you earn mine.

I can't believe you are actually making me link this game. You just wanted to dig up the wounds after they finally healed.

stop being dense get on board and lynch snow NOW!! or you will earn my vote!

Why is having what appears to be a mere difference of opinion on the subject of this sort of policy-lynch scummy? You also say the under-explained 'pact', which you've spent much of your posts blah blah blah. Another exhortation - a pushy, almost bullying one - to get VP Baltar to join the SB wagon without explaining very well why. Above all I see no actual scumhunting, just talk of a pact and some kazoo-tooting for what he tries to pass off as a policy lynch - but his actions and tone don't quite match up. Tubby, what do you think of SB's claimed flavor?

1st the pact, I believe the first appearance was in Mafia 82, where BM brought it up and it failed there to.But anyway I was always interested in the idea but i cannot get the wording down right to make it more usefull for scum hunting. Basically people will enter the pact and vote and hunt as a group in a sense greating a game within a game.

2nd snow bunny, her post 262 on page 11, just smells really bad of scum setting an investigative trap. Especially in a game this size and this complex. either a) she is scum and will come up guilty and thus being confirmed will cost for the rest of the game. b) she is some type of GF hybrid that cause all investigatives to call their sanity into qquestion. c) the scum group does have a watcher and their watcher will be able see who targets her.
So in that post alone we have, trying to direct pro-town investigative roles, and a giant appeal to emotion. Ever post there after seems like a bigger appeal than the one before it.

I feel that there are far better choices for the investigative roles to look into in i leave it to them to make their choices.

@ lama yes i played a couple games with millers on site and got burrned buy them don't like they should be lynched and lynched early when the town still has the numbers to recover.

@ snowbunny good luck on your meta read, here are some helpful tips. you can ask Vi or Adele they have the best meta reads on me that are currently n ot in this game. Or you could look at. Mafia 82, Mafia 88, Xyl's relative chaos, Mini 806,Vipod mafia,newbie 779,newbie 795,

wich reminds me i need to do a wiki page sometime soon.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sajin is usually more balls to the wall protown questioning and stuff. Here, the best he's done is call slip on a reaction to a slip. I'm just not seeing the Sajin I'm used to. There are still better lynches than him today though, so I'm not going to push this too far right now.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Vaya »

stark wrote:1. My wagon really really needs to dissolve fast.
2. I hope you all saw that wagon hop from Vaya.

Vote: Vaya
What's wrong with it? I already said that I'm suspicious of you and bunny because of the comments about the Council being stated as town in the town role pm. Right now, I'm believing bunny's miller claim, so my vote is on you.
LlamaFluff wrote:
Vaya wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: @Vaya - What about the wording of the miller claim makes you disbelieve it? Also do you belive it?
Her flavor, however, seems believable. It's not too straight-forward about why she's a miller, and overall doesn't really sound completely made up. I'm leaning toward believing its real right now.
So is that a yes?
That would be a yes.
Plum wrote: Vaya, what about BN's wording of the Miller-claim bothered you? It doesn't seem to be policy vote - specifics would be helpful.
I just want to make it clear that she is right about my vote on her not being a policy vote on millers. Miller claims usually don't bother me, bunny's simply gave me some bad vibes. As I said before though, I think I may have been wrong.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Cass »

I really dont understand. Someone voting stark maybe help me out?
It really has been cover by other, but I'll repeat: Stark said it should say in DN's pm that he's town. This is simply not true (going from my own role pm and the public information at least). I felt very very much like a scum gamble to get DN quicklynched. Well, this scum lost his gamble - he later gave a convoluted reasoning as to why twon alignment was obvious, which directly contradicted his earlier remark to DN.
His recent posting makes me pretty sure he is scum indeed. I think it is a really good wagon and at this point I'd say a good day 1 lynch.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:21 am

Post by vollkan »

VP Baltar wrote:
Vollkan wrote: why should we lynch millers?
Should we not? Don't make me get kublai in here.
The general presumption is that you don't lynch somebody without overwhelming good reason. I've never seen an overwhelmingly good reason for lynching claimed millers. If you have one, I'm all ears.
~Jordan` wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Sajin wrote:
stark wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Where does it say what is town anywhere? Is it listed that Council=town? If so, point it out to me please.
It should say it in your PM, scum.

unvote

Vote: DeathNote
Explain this stark. Now. Are you mafia or 3rd party?

unvote; vote: Stark
I like this better.

Unvote, Vote: Stark
this is amazing.

So DN made a mistake by not reading background, and then Stark agreed w/ him and called him stupid.

I had thought DN was joking when he said that, but Stark's response was obv serious.

vote Stark
FTR, I don't disagree with your and others reason for voting Stark, but I'm not joining the wagon yet because I think I can see another, less obvious, logic hole.
Vaya wrote: Unvote, Vote: Snow_Bunny, because I also am weary of that miller claim.
Should that be "wary"?

Anyhoo, explain why lynching millers is a good thing

Battle Mage wrote:
Vaya wrote:When I first read my role PM and it said and it said I was aligned with the council, I wasn't sure if I was town until I looked closely at my role PM and didn't see any scum partners and noticed my town looking win condition. So I don't blame Death Note for his unsureness, and if anything, it makes me want to believe that he's town.

I really don't like the "It should say the council is town in your role PM" comments from Snow_Bunny and stark. Nothing in my role PM outright states that the council is town.

Unvote, Vote: Snow_Bunny
, because I also am weary of that miller claim.
Battle Mage wrote: Thats dumb. Why would Snow Bunny-scum claim miller, when she was highly unlikely to be investigated, and it would put her under loads of heat? She's pretty well confirmed town imo.
I very much disagree with this. I've heard plenty of talk of KK winning a game thanks to a miller claim. What makes you think that all throughout the game, no cop would ever want to investigate her? She's hardly confirmed town.

I'll also second vollkan's question towards Snow_Bunny, because the way she worded her claim bothers me. Where did you learn that millers should claim early on?
No, Vaya, it makes no sense. Think in terms of Reward vs Risk. What the hell is the merit in claiming something that may well get you lynched Day 1 or Day 2, with the prospect of not getting in trouble if there is a cop alive at endgame. I dont think Snow Bunny is anyone's top investigation choice in terms of experience. Look back at the responses to Kise's claim of a guilty. There was speculation about why he would target somebody inexperienced.

Snow Bunny is obvtown. You have 1 post in which to remove your vote from her, or you earn mine.

BM
Miller claiming is a nulltell, to slight towntell. Snow's reason for claiming isn't the main one (which imo is the prevention of a cop outing itself on a miller investigation), but it's valid enough.
Spyrex wrote: Then, after Volkan asked me about the logic I opted to go waaay back and look at it contextually and then cried a little inside. Because, really, one or two people could make the mistake I did but that many? No.
Agreed. (Did I miss the 'splaining by people?)

I should mention, my willingness to accept your actions as a mistake is heavily influenced by the way you reacted to me: ie. immediately admitting error. In my experience, scum would have been more likely to either argue back or (more likely given how fundamentally flawed the wagon was) wait and see whether anybody else tried arguing against me.
Spyrex wrote: However, this belies the other issue this game is having:

Condense. Your. Posts.

There is no reason we've got this many posts this game. Its not a race, and if it were it's a race to failure. Make sure its relevant, and then post it.
/agree

Over-posting is just as anti-town as lurking
Kmd4390 wrote:Spy, why so sure you were wrong about DeathNote?
Are you even reading this?

Spy didn't say he was sure about DN - but he is (quite rightly) convinced that the reasons for the wagon are bullshit (for reasons I gave).
KMD wrote: Spy, didn't Yaw's game teach you anything about speed of wagons? I got run up pretty quickly as scum.
GOOD IDEA!

Let's run crappy, baseless wagons on people; that's sure to catch scum.

Unvote, Vote: Kmd
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

populartajo wrote:KK and Vaya, what do you think of this answer and Bunny's motivation to claim miller?
The answer and motivation are consistent with a miller role. However that's pretty easy for scum to fake. The part I dislike most about Snow_Bunny's claim is the repeated insistence that she be investigated before we lynch her.
populartajo wrote:This is a terrible post. Not because you fakeclaimed miller that means everyone claiming miller must be scum. Also its pretty obvious that Bunny's motivations are not scummy and you trying to paint her obv newbie motivation (get any investigating role to confirm its sanity) as a mafia watcher move is scummy as hell.

You are like pressuring someone for no reason at all.
Oh, hai! Thanks for waiting for my answer before rushing to judgement! Wait, wait... you did no such thing. Weird.

Your "obv newbie" read is my gambit-read. The amount that she has begged to be investigated convinces me that she is scum and trying to draw investigations/vigging so that the mafia has a leg-up on a power-heavy town through the use of a watcher. She should be lynched.

Go back and re-read her claim. She didn't even claim a power, just an alignment switch caused by circumstances in her flavor. That doesn't raise a red flag or two?

Or this:
Snow_Bunny wrote:This is not directed only at Sajin, but at other players that has suggested a vig kill on me.
It's no good to direct the town power roles.
First, it seems as if you are role-fishing, and second, it'd seem that you are using them for your own personal intentions. And that, in general is no good.
{Bold mine}
Don't direct power roles?!? Isn't that exactly what she's been trying to do since she claimed?
Snow_Bunny wrote:I really don't propose much. I just leave that to your own opinions. Tell me, would have been better if I had keep my role for myself?
I'm just saying, if any investigative role wants to test out their alignment, then investigate me.
If not, then just don't. Then, if you want to lynch me for that, then go ahead, that'll confirm me (though it will be useless). Why do you cling so much to that claim? Would you think I'm scum if I wouldn't have claimed?
{Bold mine}
Investigate, but don't vig. Little too much of a survive-at-all-cost mentality for me. Not town.
Plum wrote:Considering that KK's only comment on the DN wagon was that it was a "a great bandwagon", that he dodges the brunt of the question ( which was: How many bandwagons getting very hot have you jumped onto? The answer being two or three, depending on how bandwagoned SB got, I'm just not in the mood to open yet another tab to analyze that, so forgive me) and that I didn't ask DN any questions (well, one which he basically answered, and there was one open-ended one about whether Benmage was a player with or without brains) - *shudder*. Get's back onto the SB wagon with relatively little explanation - policy lynch back on, dude?
It's now a "dodge" to point out a loaded question? Despite the number of pages, this is still a very young game. Kise's uncharacteristic Mastin-like play deserved pressure to either get him to stop or explain himself. Similarily I jumped on the DeathNote bandwagon because of his seeming slip until I did what SpyreX did and saw it more in context. However DeathNote's reactions to pressure was useful in itself and pinged my scumdar.

I find nothing wrong with jumping on a few bandwagons in early game to get some immediate and baseline reactions from people. Keep in mind that not all votes are intended to lynch (especially in the early game).

curiouskarmadog wrote:
LlamaFluff replaces Porkens.
Welcome LlamaFluff, good to play with you again.
LlamaFluff wrote:Also no one point me to a game where scum claimed miller else you want me to point you back at four miller claims (including death millers *shudder*) from games ive been in from town.
Heh. Ironically, I was in *that* game, too.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

populartajo wrote:Okay. Bunny is town.
Kublai Khan wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:confirmed town, barring a counter-claim.
I loved comments like this when I fakeclaimed miller.
Snow_Bunny wrote:That's why I'm telling you, you can lynch me whenever you want, but I claimed for the sake of town. If any investigating role wishes to confirm its sanity, just check me, and if you still don't believe me, you can easily lynch me tomorrow (and thus reveal that I'm just a townie that feels guilty.)
Sounds like the mafia team has a Watcher role.

unvote
vote: Snow_Bunny
This is a terrible post. Not because you fakeclaimed miller that means everyone claiming miller must be scum. Also its pretty obvious that Bunny's motivations are not scummy and you trying to paint her obv newbie motivation (get any investigating role to confirm its sanity) as a mafia watcher move is scummy as hell.

You are like pressuring someone for no reason at all.

Vote : Kublai Khan.
I like this. Will look at Jordan again later. In the meantime, this could go somewhere.
Unvote, Vote: Kublai Khan

Also, meta-wise, VP Baltar is likely to be town. Something in my gut says Stark is town too. At the very least, we should give him another day or 2.

Vaya is very scummy, and if there's any degree of consensus on that, i'd absolute love to join that wagon. :D

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Plum wrote: BM, you didn't seem to like that I thought some useful reactions (scummy ones) came out of Kmd's fake-dayvig-gambit, or that I was enthusiastic about it; you even voted me apparent;y because of that. Care to expound?
Gladly. I dont have an issue with you saying that useful reaction came from the DayVig gambit. Iirc, i had major issues with the manner in which you claimed the reaction was scummy, when in fact, it really wasnt. You were blowing smoke, when in reality, i dont see any reason to back up your belief.
Plum wrote: I have a huge aversion to those who want to confirm SB up simply because of the Miller claim. Llama's stance is one I've previously adopted, and especially given notorious shenanigans by Kublai in a recent game- which many are aware of - there's too much WIFOM to confirm
anything
about a Day 1 Miller claimer. The Battle Mage, I say: I don't think BN, is, at this point, scummy enough to warrant today's lynch but: WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM, and not the helpful kind, either.
EH? 0.o

Obviously, Plum-scum (haha) may be buddied with KK or Jordan.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:50 am

Post by populartajo »

KK wrote:The answer and motivation are consistent with a miller role. However that's pretty easy for scum to fake. The part I dislike most about Snow_Bunny's claim is the repeated insistence that she be investigated before we lynch her.
Yeah but thats an obv newbie town move, not a scum move. She wants cops to check sanity with her. Which is a dumb idea but not scummy.

So do you think Bunny is more likely scum trying to make retarded cops to investigate her so that watcher can catch them or do you think its more likely that she is a newbie miller with a silly idea?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:53 am

Post by populartajo »

KK wrote:Your "obv newbie" read is my gambit-read. The amount that she has begged to be investigated convinces me that she is scum and trying to draw investigations/vigging so that the mafia has a leg-up on a power-heavy town through the use of a watcher. She should be lynched.
KK, really?

Ill give you a last chance to isolate Bunny, trying to find at least a protown motivation for her proposals.

Also do you think that everyone that claims miller is scum?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:53 am

Post by populartajo »

Also BM, strop triple posting.
Call me Tajo.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

bah the site is flipping me off atm. Mod, please delete my 2 previous posts.

BM

Deleted - Mod
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

populartajo wrote:Also BM, strop triple posting.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

populartajo wrote:So do you think Bunny is more likely scum trying to make retarded cops to investigate her so that watcher can catch them or do you think its more likely that she is a newbie miller with a silly idea?
The former is a safer assumption. Even if she is a newb-miller, then she's still the perfect target if there is a Mafia Watcher. If she's a newb-miller and there is no Mafia Watcher, then she'll probably create WIFOM problems later. I believe that it's generally in the mafia's best interests to keep a miller alive in the game as long as possible.
populartajo wrote:Ill give you a last chance to isolate Bunny, trying to find at least a protown motivation for her proposals.
Of course, there's a possibility that she's pro-town. I just happen to think that it's more probable that she's scum. Failing that, it's also advantageous to remove the miller earlier than later for reasons already stated.
populartajo wrote:Also do you think that everyone that claims miller is scum?
No. But my current Mafia Theory is that millers shouldn't claim early on Day 1. There's no real benefit to the town when the setup is closed. I'd sooner believe a miller who claimed at L-1 (or L-2) then a miller who claimed without any pressure. (Millers who claimed after a cop investigate are extremely suspect, but that's why the person with the miller role tends to be doomed from the start).

Death millers should claim early on Day 1 and accept their quick Day 1 lynch.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:21 am

Post by cicero »

The answer and motivation are consistent with a miller role. However that's pretty easy for scum to fake. The part I dislike most about Snow_Bunny's claim is the repeated insistence that she be investigated before we lynch her.
This.

Everyone in this game has a power. I hardly find it unlikely that some scum's power could be to identify the powers and/or people that target them. Depending on how and when outcomes are communicated it is possible that that info could then be passed on to scumbuddies. Heck the surprise could be even nastier than that.

Most miller claims are "don't waste an investigation on me". This one is "please waste an investigation on me." Weird.

Even if Snow Bunny is a miller, it's always bad to have scum know where cops will be pointed. If they have a watcher, you've basically given away the cops to the scum.

So this is all kinds of dumb. I don't think sanity testing outweighs the harm.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I might be a little early, but...

Mod: Could you please prod DrippingGoofball & alvins95
before the game gets away from them?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:40 am

Post by tubby216 »

cicero wrote:
This.

Everyone in this game has a power. I hardly find it unlikely that some scum's power could be to identify the powers and/or people that target them. Depending on how and when outcomes are communicated it is possible that that info could then be passed on to scumbuddies. Heck the surprise could be even nastier than that.

Most miller claims are "don't waste an investigation on me". This one is "please waste an investigation on me." Weird.

Even if Snow Bunny is a miller, it's always bad to have scum know where cops will be pointed. If they have a watcher, you've basically given away the cops to the scum.

So this is all kinds of dumb. I don't think sanity testing outweighs the harm.
likes this post alot!

hey are you and I in agreement on something?

btw who you votin?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:50 am

Post by dramonic »

Knowing all this, I doubt any cop in their right mind would investigate SB tonight
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Only a page over night....that's an improvement I suppose:
stark wrote:Also, Snow_Bunny, what's your name?
Why did you ask her this? I see it as fishing for information.
Llama wrote:Can someone also give me a good consise version of why stark is being wagoned? Im trying to string it together and cant tell if I am missing something or if its grasping at straws.
People have answered this already, but I'd like to look at the actual posts, because I think interpretation is particularly important in this case.

The important post is stark iso 4:
stark wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Where does it say what is town anywhere? Is it listed that Council=town? If so, point it out to me please.
It should say it in your PM, scum.

unvote

This is after DeathNote's alleged slip. He was confused over where it was clarified that council is the name for town in this game. Stark comes in and says that this is in his PM and votes him over it. Now, it actually does not say in the PM that council=town.

When questioned over this, stark later changes his story to 'compare your PM against the opening post to determine you are town'.
Stark wrote:1. The game begins with the death of "The Giver"
2. "The Giver", as stated in the introduction, is aligned with the Council
3. "The Giver"'s name has been written in green.
4. Green is the color asigned to all dead player/NPCs aligned with the town.
5. I am aligned with the council

I don't understand how this was even a question.
I fail to see how what stark first said equates to his later explanation. I hate going after people for scum slips, and that is why I have asked him to clarify, but this does seem significant enough to me to warrant suspicion. Given the complexity of the role pms, I could see a scum tripping themselves up on it.

DeathNote wrote:The first thing I thought was, "Damn, that sucks..." The first thing I did was ask Mod for clarification on my role. I sent him a message detailing what it was I could do and what I couldn't.
Did you ask if you were town or scum?
Plum wrote:Tubby's policy vote is *shudder*. Was he in the game with KK and traumatized?
No, he wasn't.
Plum wrote:Snow_Bunny - link to the game you mentioned when you said "In other games with many investigative roles. It helped them clear their sanity.
I can link a game where I, as scum, argued for this exact point to direct investigations away from me, though the miller was real in that game.
volkan wrote:The general presumption is that you don't lynch somebody without overwhelming good reason. I've never seen an overwhelmingly good reason for lynching claimed millers. If you have one, I'm all ears.
See the game I linked. KK was found guilty on a N0 investigation and just happened to claim miller immediately (don't ask me how he got that lucky). He survived to endgame and won because of this. I realize it is only one game, but it was pretty highly praised move, and I think it is reason enough to shift the site meta back toward lynching claimed millers well before endgame.
poptajo wrote:Yeah but thats an obv newbie town move, not a scum move.
Didn't she already say she's not a newbie? She said she had experience on the site about six months ago and then left for a bit. I don't remember if she said how much experience that is. I think I have an idea of what her other account was, however.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

(iso-reading at populartajo's request)
Snow_Bunny (262) wrote:First, as I wasn't listed any partners, I supposed I was town. Second, the flavor make me think I was town.
Third, my power, when I'm investigated I look like a converter,
make me believe I was town (well, I still haven't played the first mafia where scum has investigative roles). And fourth, though it wasn't on my pm, the flavor of the first role confirmed my suspicions that The Council was town (the npc found dead was the leader of The Council).
Snow_Bunny (291) wrote:1- I'm nothing more than a beggar. Some guy gave me money to give some message to some guard. After that, I was enjoying my new-earned money when the news that The Giver was killed broke out. And it seems, that, somehow, I feel guilty for that (for passing the message).
{Bold mine}

Snow_Bunny, please clarify. Do you investigate guilty because of your flavor or your power?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:10 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

tubby216 wrote:@ lama yes i played a couple games with millers on site and got burrned buy them don't like they should be lynched and lynched early when the town still has the numbers to recover.
Links?
Kublai Khan wrote:Death millers should claim early on Day 1 and accept their quick Day 1 lynch.
Disagree with this too. Last game I played with a death miller, their wagon was half mafia/SK. Maybe its not having played ever with someone faking miller (I can off the top of my head count three games with millers) but its not an auto-lynch claim.

For the whole stark thing, I really dont like the wagon. The implication seems strong that council=town, while never outright saying it. How he reacts when challenged is a bit off how I would of in that case, but I still dont see any reliable tell here. Ive got my picks down to three and once a few more answers to what I have out comes in I will have a vote up.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

KMD wrote:Spy, didn't Yaw's game teach you anything about speed of wagons? I got run up pretty quickly as scum.
Speed is one factor. Rationale is another. I'm all for power wagons, hell, even power wagons based on a slip. But not wagons based on something that didn't happen.
SB wrote:I really don't propose much. I just leave that to your own opinions. Tell me, would have been better if I had keep my role for myself? I'm just saying, if any investigative role wants to test out their alignment, then investigate me. If not, then just don't. Then, if you want to lynch me for that, then go ahead, that'll confirm me (though it will be useless). Why do you cling so much to that claim? Would you think I'm scum if I wouldn't have claimed?

I'm not trying to pull a gamebit, I say all of you that. What else do you want me to say? I already paraphrased my role pm. So, what else?
If a cop wanted to test their alignment (which one doesn't make a perfect litmus test but) they would be far better off investigating
themselves
. You could be a mafia PGO for all we know.

As for "clinging to the claim" - you've claimed a classic role that has to go before lylo (this is something generally I'd agree with, after recent events would do so even more).

But, that aside, what have you done aside from the claim? Really?
Plum wrote: ^^ These still read more like tripped-up or otherwise screwed scum than Town. Logic break that I'm struggling to see or not - oh, I think I get it. Um, okay, maybe. SpyreX, vollkan, DN, if you could just assume I'm slow and help fill in the blanks for SpyreX's logic breakthrough to confirm that I'm seeing, maybe, what they're seeing, 'twould be helpful.
You are correct and he isn't exonerated. Just a bit more backburner for the moment - they confuse the hell out of me and
could
be town throwing in the towel but... yea.

As for the wagon, and my issues. DN did said he didn't know the Council was town, BUT the implication contextually is that he IS Council:

Kise: You don't want to welcome an investigation?
DN: That depends... is council (
my affiliation
) town?

Now, does that make this statement not weird generally? No.

All it does is means the main rationale for the wagon is bunk and I could see one, two, three people making that mistake but 8?
Benmage wrote:Lol

Note to everyone: don't ask me questions with restrictions, I wont listen.
This is not helpful. There's reasons to ask a question like that and sweeping doesn't make it go away.

---

More catching up later.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 am

Post by stark »

DeathNote wrote:
stark wrote: It should say it in your PM, scum.

unvote

This is where the bandwagon started. He is assuming that the Mod told me I was aligned with Town/Mafia/Third Party. What he didn't know wast that I was only told I am aligned with Council. I had to deduct that this meant Town which I did a poor job of. The reason this post is scummy is that he is making it seem like he had his role told to him. Unless the mod played favorites and told him he was town (doubt it) then he should have to do the same deductions as me, therefor his reasoning is bogus. He says it should be said in my PM, yet it didn't. I only concluded that the mod must have told him his alignment was scum when revealing his scum buddies in his role PM.
It was obviously an over-estimation of deductive ability. I had read the flavor before the game started, and became acquainted with the different forces in the game. I assumed that others had done the same. When I got my PM, and it said I was aligned with the Council, I interpreted it to be the town, which it was.

I was concerned when DeathNote expressed confusion on the matter. This concern dissapeared over a very brief period of time; incidentally, this particular process would be really nice to see in terms of my wagon.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”