hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by hohum »

The basis of Baltar's case seems to be that I'm attacking him, therefore I'm not scum hunting. His reaction to everything going on D2 so far has been OMGUSY and WIFOM.

[quote=baltar]ten bucks says he now attempts to call this OMGUS[/quote]

I don't like the preemptive defense here. It is OMGUSy. I usually dismiss OMGUSy reactions as anti-town but the fact that you're aware that it's OMGUSy makes it a huge scum tell.

You also have yet to post the full ISO analysis that you've been promising since the weekend, and now you're all pissed off because someone called you on your bluff. It's a diversion tactic, designed to hide the fact that you really don't have a solid case on ANYONE right now.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by hohum »

this thread needs more baltar lynching.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Notice how hohum doesn't respond to anything I said, and calls it OMGUS (like I said he would) despite the fact that I attacked him first.

Also, quote where I said I was going to post a full iso analysis. I said I was going to read people in iso, so you're quite obviously trying to strawman away from the case that was made against you.

bn, what do you think about a hohum lynch today?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Btw, hohum, please give a reason why you didn't respond to this post at all. Do you not consider this to be a significant analysis?
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Far_Cry »

VP Baltar wrote:What is strange about having a wide attack? Town members do not know who is scum and therefore have to question most everyone to build accurate reads.
There's nothing wrong about a wide attack, but voting every single person in the game is at the very least strange.
hiphop wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
hohum wrote:A large part of my demotivation has to do with his presence in this game. I requested that this setup be run again and I was /in the game before he was. When I saw he signed up I asked him not to /in himself; however, he knows the mod IRL.

I just simply don't like him, for better or worse. He's an automatic policy lynch for me.

There's no reason other than meta that I prefer a zwet lynch to a hiphop lynch. My reads on hiphop are pretty null.

I actively dislike zwet, to the point that I don't really care if he flips town or not. He needs to be bounced out of this game.

unvote, vote zwet
I believe that he really doesn't like zwet, so I could definitely see him as scum just bussing him for the hell of it.
This is the only part of your case I like. If anything will convince me that hohum is scum, this quote will.
Far_Cry wrote:I went and looked at hiphop's other games. One thing I've noticed is that when he is townie, he plays safe, and doesn't come out of his shell. He's doing the exact opposite. He is attacking everyone, common of newb scum.
How many of my games did you read? Perhaps you had better take another look. Besides there are only two games in which you can confirm my role anyways. And those were my first two games on this site. Sorry can't quote any because they are all still on going. Look on my wiki, for all the games I have played in.

Then you come back with this statement.
Far_Cry wrote:VP has voted or attacked almost every person in the game.
We both can’t be scum, and yet you say we both are doing the exact same scummy thing. That’s strange.
I know you can't both me scum. Don't try to call me stupid. That's why I'm trying to figure out who is. Scummy actions is something that makes one believe that one is scum; its simple: however has more scummy actions, is probably scum.

By the way, 2 games, whether their your first or not, are enough to find out about one's playing style.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Far_Cry »

Ok, I think I can answer this question:
VP Baltar wrote:
Far Cry wrote:Your reasons for voting hohum are pretty valid. However, gut feeling tells me he is town. It's hard to explain but it's just what I think
What are your feelings on the case he made against me? I am looking forward to you reading the three of us in iso and giving your opinions.
Hohum has presented a mediocore case at best. He hasn't really given enough reasons to call you off as scum. Earlier this day, he voted hiphop and went on to put him under heavy fire. He did have valid reasons to vote hiphop; he had put up a very bad case against me, and was acting generally as newb scum. However, his switch to you didn't make sense in my eyes.

So therefore, I need to say the following things and ask some questions:

@hohum: Give me a bullet list on your reasons for voting VP.
Also, what are your thoughts now on hiphop?

@VP: Who is your prime suspect?

@Brothernature: Who is your prime suspect? What are your thoughts on hiphop? What do you think about the hohum/VP argument?

@Hiphop: Other than me, who's your next biggest suspect? What are your thoughts on the hohum/VP argument?

After these questions are answered, I will place down my vote.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Mod
: Can we get a prod on Brothernature?
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by brothernature »

I've only been gone three days. Calm yourself. And sorry. Teachers have been loading us down with homework. I haven't had much time to get on my computer. I'll go catch up on what I missed real quick and be right back to answer your questions...
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
-Al Capone
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Sironigous »

Vote Count!

hohum - (1) VP Baltar
Far_Cry - (1) hiphop
VP Baltar - (1) hohum
hiphop
brothernature

Not voting: brothernature, Far_Cry

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline for Day 2 - October 17, 2009 ~ 9:00 P.M. EST
Last edited by Sironigous on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinka Trinka!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Far Cry wrote:@VP: Who is your prime suspect?
Hohum, obviously. Like I said, I think I have this setup cracked right now.

Also before you place your vote, simple yes or no, do you think the cop should claim today?
YOUR AD HERE

brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by brothernature »

Far_Cry wrote:@Brothernature: Who is your prime suspect? What are your thoughts on hiphop? What do you think about the hohum/VP argument?
Right now, hohum. I don't like how he didn't respond to any of the points Baltar made and simply wrote it off as OMGUSing on Baltar's part. Even if it is OMGUS, Baltar made some valid points that hohum should answer. I believe that answers the first and third question.

As to hiphop, I don't know about him. I'll have to go and read a couple of his games and check him out, see how he normally acts and whatnot.

Also, I'll be V/LA until Friday night, most likely.
Got three huge tests to study for on Friday and a huge project due on Monday.
And, Sironigous, you have hohum's name listed twice on the Vote Count. The first and last name on the list are both 'hohum.'

Fixed and noted! Good luck with your tests and project.
-Al Capone
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by hiphop »

Far_Cry wrote: @Hiphop: Other than me, who's your next biggest suspect? What are your thoughts on the hohum/VP argument?
It is kind of a tossup between Vp and Hohum, though I am kind of leaning toward Hohum being the last scum. Pretty much the one point that Hohum has on him that is more scummy is post 274.

One of the main points of Hohum’s arguments is that Vp is tearing down bws. Yet he is the one that told VP he would rather see zwet lynched instead of me. So ultimately he is responsible for tearing down my bw and than trying to build it back up. So I don’t believe Hohum has any really goods points on Vp. So I will
unvote
vote: hohum

Vp if hohum is not scum, who is your next suspect?

I believe the only way the cop can get a fair chance to live through the night, is if I am lynched, or there is no lynch. I claimed vanilla so there is no way I can be the cop. This means the cop must be one of the remaining three characters. Also the scum must be one of them too, so if we lynch Hohum, and he is a vanilla, than the scum has an easy shot at the cop. This applies to anyone being scum (besides me, because if I am scum, we lynch someone there will still be two people who the cop can be), and anyone being lynched(besides me, Bn, and whoever scum is). So if we have a lynch today, the cop will die. However hohum seems to be scum to me.
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Sironigous »

Vote Count!

hohum - (2) VP Baltar, hiphop
Far_Cry
VP Baltar - (1) hohum
hiphop
brothernature

Not voting: brothernature, Far_Cry

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline for Day 2 - October 17, 2009 ~ 9:00 P.M. EST
Last edited by Sironigous on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinka Trinka!
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by brothernature »

hohum, your at L-2. Claim-time, perhaps?
-Al Capone
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by brothernature »

Myself wrote:hohum, your at
L-1
. Claim-time, perhaps?
Edit by post.

Gotcha.
-Al Capone
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 am

Post by hohum »

I'm not ready to claim yet because I still have more to say; however I don't have time for a long and involved post at the moment.

I'm trying as hard as I can to not to drop this game for a second time, but I've gotten busy again this week. On top of a hectic work schedule, I'm also trying to adjust to a polyphasic sleep schedule so I'm barely even coherent at this point in time.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

hiphop wrote:Vp if hohum is not scum, who is your next suspect?
Depends on who claims cop. Which brings me to my next point:
hiphop wrote:This means the cop must be one of the remaining three characters. Also the scum must be one of them too, so if we lynch Hohum, and he is a vanilla, than the scum has an easy shot at the cop. This applies to anyone being scum
I've been thinking about this, and I agree with you. I think the cop is pretty much guaranteed to be doomed tonight. Therefore, I'm tossing my hat into the ring that thinks the cop should claim today. From a townperson's perspective this will boost the chances of being right from 33% to 50%. Taking additional information into account, these odds go even higher and I think we have a very good chance of winning this today.

So, to hohum, Far Cry and bn, do you think the cop claiming today is a good idea? If no, please explain why.

Also, no one hammer hohum yet, I think we still have some discussion left before that happens.

@hohum, that sleep schedule sounds crazy cool...though I don't know how i would fit into into my work life. Good luck.
YOUR AD HERE

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:45 am

Post by hohum »

I pretty much already know who the cop is. I breadcrumbed it earlier.

I'd love to hear him claim though, to see if I am correct.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think I know who the cop is as well. That's why I think we may as well come out with it.
YOUR AD HERE

Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

VP Baltar wrote:
Far Cry wrote:@VP: Who is your prime suspect?
Hohum, obviously. Like I said, I think I have this setup cracked right now.

Also before you place your vote, simple yes or no, do you think the cop should claim today?
Hmmmm. Interesting question. See, the problem with the cop claiming is that he will most likely be a scum kill tonight, that is if we don't find scum today. However, in such a situation as this, when we know that bn is town but not cop, a claim for me or the other three (hiphop, VP, or hohum) could help town catching scum.

I'm sure you guys already know, but
I claim cop
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by hohum »

yep I was right.

And I'm sure your investigation result was a not guilty on brothernature, amiright?

Which narrows the pool down to hiphop (which is why I insisted on trying to get him to drop more tells, because I don't have a good read on him) and Baltar (who is intensely scummy looking to me right now)
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by hohum »

P.S. I really wish you hadn't wasted your investigation on an uncounterclaimed doc. :(
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

hohum wrote:yep I was right.

And I'm sure your investigation result was a not guilty on brothernature, amiright?

Which narrows the pool down to hiphop (which is why I insisted on trying to get him to drop more tells, because I don't have a good read on him) and Baltar (who is intensely scummy looking to me right now)
yes
hohum wrote:P.S. I really wish you hadn't wasted your investigation on an uncounterclaimed doc. :(
I didn't believe him at first. I just have something with claims.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by hiphop »

I guess you targeted Bn being you said he was town.

Now I am starting to have misgivings about Vp. The reason is because Hohum is the one who said the cop should not claim, even though he knew who it was from post 288. Vp on the other hand came into day two not quite agreeing with everything I said. So,
unvote
Vote VP Baltar.

This will also correct Sironigous votecount because he said I am voting for him anyways.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

hiphop wrote:I guess you targeted Bn being you said he was town.

Now I am starting to have misgivings about Vp. The reason is because Hohum is the one who said the cop should not claim, even though he knew who it was from post 288. Vp on the other hand came into day two not quite agreeing with everything I said. So,
unvote
Vote VP Baltar.

This will also correct Sironigous votecount because he said I am voting for him anyways.
Not too long ago you thought hohum was scum. Why do you keep switching your vote?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”