California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MrJellyLee wrote:Also, for VP Baltar, I'm afraid you'll have to live with my long posts. I have truly tried to play games where I keep my posts short, but I always have a tendency to revert to my standard posting style.
:( Ok.... You were the least offending party anyhow. I basically view a large portion of this back and forth coming from people simply wanting to be right. It's pretty obvious elmosaurian is scum at this point. That fact has been proven repeatedly with his illogical stance on KY and insistent nudging toward door #2. No need to clog the thread or cause those who are behind to slip even further back because the page length explodes every time they log on.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:44 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

[PJ Posting]

I guess we disagree then. I am not convinced Yos is scum, but I do have definite problems with him. I'm largely trying to decide if he actually thought or could reasonably think what he
claims
to have thought. I have been in plenty of situations where I second-guess people proclaimed to be "obvscum" (even when I claim somebody is obvscum), but I really think KY Krew was such a unique situation that I am having trouble understanding how somebody could seriously doubt it.
VP Baltar wrote:I basically view a large portion of this back and forth coming from people simply wanting to be right.
It's funny you say that, because I actually hope I am wrong about Yos and that he convinces me he is town. *shrug*
In flapdoodle we spew.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MJL wrote:I am having trouble understanding how somebody could seriously doubt it.
That's exactly it from my perspective. I don't have a lot of experience with Yos, but I respect him as a highly logical player who, as town, always pursues the best course of action for town. Given the Day 1 actions of KY, which Yos was fully aware of, I don't see how he could reach the conclusion that he did. Too scummy to be scum doesn't seem like something that would enter his thought process, imo.

I also don't see why he doesn't see that the scum team putting KY in as advocate was the most logical move for them. KY was a guaranteed lynch. People were foaming at the mouth for it before the scene even started. If I was on the scum team, I would most certainly have him take the Advocate information and cause confusion and WIFOM before he bit the bullet. Had they put in a different member of their team and town picked the wrong door at their guidance, town surely would have wanted that person lynched next. This has all been said before, and Yos' responses have not given me any reason to believe that he actually felt that way.

You can keep trying to get him to prove his towniness to you, but imo he has had plenty of opportunity to explain it and hasn't come up with anything logical to back his stance.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Gaspar »

Yay. I was actually expecting that the game would be back into Scene Three by this afternoon, so I'm pleased that I get to ramble at you more.

Nearly every time the Talitha half of Talilan posts, it gives me hope that they might actually be protown. Maybe I just have an issue with Ortolan's gameplay in this game. I don't know. That's mainly why I find the Talilan hydra "moderately Scummy" right now. I am trying to decide if Ortolan's just an idiot townsperson, or if Talitha is saving face for a bad scumbag.
Yos wrote:It's "unnacceptable" to have doubts about someone's alignment? It's "unacceptable" to have a gut feeling, based on stuff that's happened in the thread, that I might have been wrong yesterday and that the guy I was trying to lynch yesterday might actually be town?

Or is it unacceptable for me to say things you don't agree with, no matter if they're right or not? Because you don't seem to care if my logic came to the right conclusion or not, you just want to use it as an excuse to lynch me.
It is unacceptable to me to believe that you, as a protown player, would use another player's general mood to trump their obvious and repeated anti-town actions. It's a stance that I cannot and will not get over. It has me convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you are scum. I'm not even sure why we keep going in circles about this, but you seem to want to rhetoric me into some kind of submission. Ain't gonna happen, Yos.

With regards to my General Case, you missed my point again. I'm going to spell it out one last time, and that's it. Read the following bracketed part of my post carefully, and respond to it all at once rather than taking each scenario out of context of the general picture.

------------------------------------

There are two possible cases for the size of the [Something Else] group when we reach Endgame. Either there are two [Something Else]s left, or there are more than two [Something Else]s left.

Let Player X be an arbitrary member of [Something Else].

If Player X plays "sacrificial lamb" for group [Something Else] -- for ANY reason (to lead a mislynch, confuse the town, because they made a terrible move by stunting themselves onstage rather then claiming during Scene One, etc.) -- then they will very probably be lynched before Endgame. Thus, when Endgame hits, Player X will not participate in Endgame.

If the mafia players do not have a "sacrifical lamb," they might reach endgame with more than two [Something Else]s left. In this case, an arbitrary Player X could be chosen not to participate in Endgame, because only two [Something Else]s can. Thus, when Endgame hits, Player X will not participate in Endgame.

This applies to each individual scumbag. Either they will be lynched down to two left, or they will have to choose some of their own to be excluded to endgame.

My point is this:
[Something Else] has ZERO REASON to play to have ALL OF THEIR MEMBERS SURVIVE, because they will have to exclude all but two of them anyway. Like I said in my last post, if I'm scum, I would totally use at least one of those extra players to confuse the town for several days, even if it meant they would eventually get lynched.

Thus, the idea that "Player X wouldn't make a play because it would get them lynched" falls through. If Player X will not participate in Endgame even if they play to survive, why not use them in a manner which will confuse and mislead the town?

The ONLY manner in which this fails is if Player X is offered up as a sacrificial lamb and somehow manages to NOT GET LYNCHED, while the town lynches all but one of his friends. THEN he would be a "sacrificial lamb" who made it to endgame. However, I see this scenario as being EXTREMELY rare.

------------------

Now, read that all at once, as one point, and stop and think about it, Yos. Then read it again and stop and think about it some more. I hate having to baby somebody who's been around as long as you have, but you're completely missing what I'm saying, and thus making arguments that don't make sense due to lack of proper context.

Yos wrote:Ok, so you said "partial information credibility" instead of "partially confirmed", but it means the same thing.
Another example of you not understanding what I post. Read it again:
Gaspar wrote:During Scene One, CKD proposes the whole "recruit me to their team" idea, knowing full well that a cult-like recruitment fits in with the flavor, and gives his fake "Parital Information" credibility.
This gives credibility to
his "recruit me to their side" Partial Information
. It is NOT intended to make CKD look more protown. They are NOT the same thing. Not even remotely.

If I post "Partial Information" that looks credible, it does NOTHING to confirm my alignment one way or another. Scums can give credible information just as easily as Innocents can give credible information.
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:02 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

Oops.. [mbl] didn't realize this thread was here. I was wondering why Grey was dawdling with the set and cameras for so long...

First off, Pooky, you're off-stage. Hiding behind a character's no longer acceptable in here, nor is it flavor-accurate. Unless you're Allen Iverson starring as Kobe Bryant. :)

Second, CKD's suspicions post is possibly the most tone-deaf I've ever read in a mafia game. And I got that from skimming it and this thread. More in detail after I get down to the nitty-gritty with it. I also thought the way he talked about the Valentine vs. Locke choice D1 seemed bizarre.

Elmo's attack on Gaspar rubs me super-funky, like a wool thong on a summer day. Either they're scum together, or Elmo's flailing scum, or Elmo's a cop with a guilty on Gaspar (not likely, but if that's the case, Gasparscum surely suspects it after these bizarre rants so I do no disservice to Elmo by pointing it out.)

Talilan continues to strike me as town, primarily for tone. I haven't gotten heavily into game logic yet at this point.. I'm more making calls based on who seems distractive and who seems to be asking the right questions. Some people are a little more defense-oriented than I'd expect, but meh.

In general, PJ and I will try to synch up before posting so we don't leave you all with a healthy dose of "he said she said". We won't always reach consensus but we'll try to. Right now, I can't reach him and I want to post in case this thread gets closed before I have the chance.

I don't mind being on-stage at all. I think there are head-games to be played with any scum that end up out there, and I'd love to play them.

I don't think Elmo's choice of Door Two means a thing, nor do I particularly see anyone's choice of Door One as town-confirmatory. A dandy scumstrategy would be to be first out of the gate with a confident "Door One" stance, which wins regardless of what the town does. Same applies to all future choices. Perhaps in endgame we'll know what the results of the choices were and can retroactively read more into certain people's gentle pushes on various days.

I think one of our goals is to continue to force the scum to help us make the correct decisions each day. I suggested to PJ that one way we can do that is to take the scummiest players in town and have them make the big choice, and lynch them the next day if they're wrong. We don't even have to follow their call.. for this idea to work we'd just have to follow through on the lynch if their vote was incorrect.

As for the cult vs. mafia debate, it's only interesting to me right now insomuch as the more dirtbags talk about the setup the more likely it is that they leak/lean accidentally. Before I reread, my gut tells me that CKD's early mention of a cult is suspicious--it hints at foreknowledge of a Scientological flavor.
In flapdoodle we spew.
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:06 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

ps.

Was KYCrew inHim and raj? That's sad.. I didn't even get to say hi.
MrJellyLee wrote:"he said she said"
oops.. either this becomes "he said, he said," or PJ gets to be the chick in this Hydra.
In flapdoodle we spew.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Gaspar »

MrJellyLee wrote:ps.

Was KYCrew inHim and raj? That's sad.. I didn't even get to say hi.
Yes, they were. That reminds me. Did Elmosaurian ever respond to this:
Talilan wrote:
elmo (1008) wrote:Go back and read his posts, carefully, and then tell me if you think he was "playing dumb" or if he actually had no idea what was going on. I got a very, very strong vibe it was the second one.
Question: Have you played with inHimShallibe or raj previously?
I think it's a damned good point, and I don't believe Yos ever responded to it. inHim/Raj is about as sneaky as a Hydra to get, so to suppose that those two can't "play dumb" is absurd.
MrJellyLee wrote:PJ gets to be the chick in this Hydra.
Lies. PJ always wears the pants. I may or may not know this from experience.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Gaspar »

Oh, one other thing. (Yeah, I've been multiposting a ton in this game. Don't care. Sue me.)
MafiaJin wrote:Nice lists. But I think they are completely bad to post and particularily bad for this game. If my theory is correct and we reach endgame with 13 people alive or so, then scum will be allowed to pick of half the group the people they think they can manipulate the best to vote off each other. Lists just help scum at this point. I would advocate to not have anyone post more lists.
I was actually thinking about this while driving home from an interview this morning. While I disagree tha tit's "completely bad to post" in the general case, I have to say that I agree that they are bad in this particular game, because of how Endgame is set up.. I'm seriously considering not posting condorcets at all anymore, because of Endgame rules. Condorcets let the scums decide who the most collectively suspected Innocents are, so that they can be preserved to Endgame.

So yeah. Seriously major bonus points to Saijin for pointing this out. I'd expect scums to keep this point close to their chests, so Saijin bringing it to light is a megabonus.
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:16 am

Post by elmosaurian »

MrJellyLee wrote:[PJ Posting]

Yossy, I am just plain having trouble thinking about your numbers.

You say you are 90% sure that Gaspar is scum.
How sure were you that KY Krew was scum?
Day 1, when I started the KY wagon and almost managed to lynch him out before he ducked out, I was pretty sure; say about 80% sure.

Day 2, after the scum picked him for advocate and after his postings in the thread, I had second thoughts; it became more of a 50/50 60/40 thing.

And yeah, I'm at least 90% sure Glork is scum. His play here reminds me so much of his play last time I saw him as scum. He's not looking at things in a pro-town way; everything he's doing is an attempt to manipulate the lynch here, he's not honestly looking for scum, and I don't really think he has been all game.

But, yeah, I am 90% sure. If this was a betting game, i'd be willing to bet on him being scum at anything up to 10:1 odds.
I personally cannot off-hand think of a single game I have ever played (forum or otherwise) where I was
so
sure somebody was scum without the help of investigation / logic from public information (i.e. set-up has a Cop, two people claim, one dies as Town) as I have been about KY Krew. Without external help, I rarely can bump anything in my mind beyond 60% on a given player. So what makes you 90% sure that Gaspar is scum?
Town glork does not play like this. Generally when I play with town Glork, he goes on the offensive against scummy people bascially from the start of day 1, and I tend to agree with almost everything he says. Something is badly off kilter with his play this game, and I'm pretty sure it's his alignment.

I was suspicious of Glork this game from day 1, when he was focused on mafiajin almost to the exclusion of everything that was going on in the game. Elmo also told me he had a strong gut read on Glork being scum, and I trust his judgement. His responses today have completly convinced me; I really can not imagine Glork being town here.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

where was my "early mention of a cult"....this is why I find Mr. JellyLee scummy, putting out misinformation as fact.....sure sure, once he "rereads" and finds that Ky was actually the first person to mention a cult, and I FOUND THAT odd and questioned him about it, Lee will say he just misread....

anyway, going to try to read now..and catch up.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 am

MafiaJin wrote: CKD- What do you think about Scientology? What do you think about my theory on the last page?
Interesting so many people put forward theories that paint me in a bad light, but you are the first to actually ask my opinion on things….this is why, I am on the fence about you. This looks like an attempt to scum hunt….even though I am the target, of this…it still looks good (imo).

Ok, so I am missing your theory “on the last page” can you please repost. I don’t know what to think about the Scientologist. I wasn’t in the first of this trilogy, but a quick skim shows other alignments. I don’t think that the Scientologists are the mafia. I think when we do hit a mafia, they will be displayed as mafia. Some would view Scientology as a cult, whether they are a cult in this game or not, I am not sure. Given the mechanics and flavor, it doesn’t make any since that they are a cult. It might be some third alignment that has a strange win condition that doesn’t involve us or the mafia.
MafiaJin wrote: Bottom line- Would you not be upset if you posted that you were bringing someone to another thread to talk to them and then they daykill you without talking? That is exactly what it felt like.

Why do you fully expect Talian to fire you? Do you want her too?
sorry you feel that way, but you are going to have to get over it. I didnt/dont fully trust you. I dont recall seeing your post about wanting to talk about it on screen...but even if I did, I would have done the exact same thing anyway.

I have a feeling Talian will...and I dont have a problem if she does. I think some information can be gathered with who people chose to go on stage. Do I want her to?...no, I dont fully trust her either, and would rather keep the role....but sitting down and trying to figure out who to take, who I felt was scummy...who needs to post more....what ratio I should send, became maddening...
Talilan wrote:Oi! IMO as there are two advocates, the scummiest advocate by consensus vote should be made to give their information first. This is important.
why talk about this before the scene starts? why talk about this before the mafia picks advocates?
Gaspar wrote: The nature of CKD's claimed information doesn't jive with Panzer's, it references a "Bad Outcome" which only makes sense if the Advocate is of Innocent alignment (which wasn't necessarily going to be the case), and it doesn't lead to a tangible "Worse Endgame" for the Innocents if chosen.
How do you know what Panzer’s PM said…what we got for him was pretty vague. Why do you instantly assume that I am full of crap, but Panzer was telling the truth? Werent you in the first one of these trilogies? Wasn’t there other alignments other than “mafia”…funny you seem to be forgetting that. Why is that?

Curious Gaspar, if you think I am bullshitting or providing misinformation, when do you think I should be eliminated? Now, when I flip town, do you think you should be held responsible for your current attacks?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 am

Also Mr Jelly Lee…there is only 11 pages in the on screen thread…so please explain to me why you missed this…..

KY 178

“All I was ever told was to be ready to "make a deal!"

I have been given information that my charity was greatly helped by getting rid of Door 3. Something about "the mafia" not liking my choice one bit. I'm convinced this means the cult's door is still in the running.”

Me 183

“Cult? Who said anything about a cult? You must have been told more than that if you mention a cult. Fisher tell us everything that you know.”

KY 196
“The gossip I received specifically hinted that following a woman in Scene 1 may lead to more harm, and that was a sneaky way of saying that while it wasn't the incorrect choice for the Scene, it instead created a new evil. Then, this Scene has three doors, of which I was given no information about, which in itself is suspicious. The only information I do have I shared. This "mafia" would be unhappy if I did not pick a certain door, leading me to think the cult's door is left.

I guess it could be coincidental, but I lean toward the cult formation.”

Me 197
“when did you get this this (scene 1) information?

Why assume a cult over other things?”

now please explain to me now
this
isnt spreading misinformation and why
this
isnt scummy.
MrJellyLee wrote:
As for the cult vs. mafia debate, it's only interesting to me right now insomuch as the more dirtbags talk about the setup the more likely it is that they leak/lean accidentally. Before I reread, my gut tells me that CKD's early mention of a cult is suspicious--it hints at foreknowledge of a Scientological flavor.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 am

edit..."now" = "how"

ok, got to work...pretty much the next 3-4 days I am only going to have time for one liners and updating my modded game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 am

Post by hewitt »

Gaspar wrote:I was actually thinking about this while driving home from an interview this morning. While I disagree tha tit's "completely bad to post" in the general case, I have to say that I agree that they are bad in this particular game, because of how Endgame is set up.. I'm seriously considering not posting condorcets at all anymore, because of Endgame rules. Condorcets let the scums decide who the most collectively suspected Innocents are, so that they can be preserved to Endgame.

So yeah. Seriously major bonus points to Saijin for pointing this out. I'd expect scums to keep this point close to their chests, so Saijin bringing it to light is a megabonus.
Well they do pretty much already have lists like that by using just the condorcet voting system. It's not quite the same thing as a list but it's pretty close. For example if the 2 something else and 5 town were to happen tomorrow I think it'd be pretty clear that I would be chosen considering I'm so high up on everybody's condorcet votings.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

curiouskarmadog wrote:now please explain to me now
this
isnt spreading misinformation and why
this
isnt scummy.
Scum don't intentionally make blatantly false statements they know will be easily caught. I find it difficult to believe anyone'd find that memory error on my part points to me as manipulative, lying scum.

Regardless, as I take the time to reread I'll correct the record and let you know how I REALLY feel about you.
In flapdoodle we spew.
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:35 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

[PJ Posting: for the record, Post 1139 was from MBL]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I could just be reading this completely wrong or forgetting, but CKD, before MBL ever posted Off-Screen, you posted:
CKD, Post 1075 wrote: MrJellyLee (MrBuddyLee/petroleumjelly), replacing Seraphim S1----scum
MBL then said just today, in his first post Off-Screen:
MBL, Post 1129 wrote:Before I reread, my gut tells me that CKD's early mention of a cult is suspicious--it hints at foreknowledge of a Scientological flavor.
Then you said:
CKD, Post 1134 wrote: where was my "early mention of a cult"....
this is why I find Mr. JellyLee scummy, putting out misinformation as fact
.....sure sure, once he "rereads" and finds that Ky was actually the first person to mention a cult, and I FOUND THAT odd and questioned him about it, Lee will say he just misread....
It is looking to me like you just made up a reason for your claimed “suspicion” from Post 1075 after the fact. If you suspected me for reasons prior to MBL being factually wrong just now -- which is very simple to point out -- then I want to see those reasons.

I
[PJ] have never claimed to suspect you for “mentioning a Cult,” or anything of the like. I suspect you because I find it difficult to believe Mr. Grey would give a
random
player an offer to turn scum – precisely because such an offer might go to somebody who is already scum in that group, or in the alternative, they might be scum in a different group.

Now: quote where I have been “putting out misinformation as fact.” If I’ve been doing it, it should not be difficult for you to quote it. Is the only instance what MBL did just now, are do you actually have something else in mind?
In flapdoodle we spew.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:59 am

Post by sottyrulez »

StarKiss Post 950 wrote:Scientologist.. I take it that's not [Something Else].
If it's not [something else] what the hell is it?
VP Baltar Post 952 wrote:I'm going to take it that Mr. Grey meant the outcome for Scene 2 was good. Anyhow, Scientologist sounds like a cult to me....guess KY Krew was telling the truth perhaps. Though it seems strange that he would tell us there was a cult when we would have had no clue otherwise.

I want to look back and see who believed him out of hand about the cult when he first brought it up.
I still don't think there is a cult. I think KY Krew claimed the one thing that would make us panic the most. Unless you can explain to me how a cult works in the endgame that is laid out for us?
Gaspar Post 974 wrote:So, I've been thinking about the "Scientology" and "SMG" alignments, looking at the rules, and musing on the previous CT games, and I have some thoughts.

In the first CT game, BALCO was a third-party alignment, whose sole member had to sell 'roids to three different people. In the second CT game, there was a "Zodiac killer" which didn't actually exist. It was but a red herring.

The rules state that there are "two main alignments: Innocent and [Something Else]." Based on that and what CKD said, I believe that one of two scenarios is likely:
1) CKD is also a Scientologist and simply lied about the mafia group's name. His mentioning of the mafia name "SMG" came after Krew's Scene One debacle, which could usefully serve to create this kind of confusion as we look in the wrong directions.
2) Krew/Cruise was a Scientologist, there is in fact a Screen Mafia Guild, Kruise was probably operating alone as a third party. If this is the case, we probably won't be able to find out anything useful about him unless he was in fact a cult-ish role. But as others have stated, I don't think he'd say "there's a cult" if he were a cultist/cult leader. It seems particularly self-destructive.
What about:

3) The SMG and scientologists are one in the same? There is a bunch of actor scientologists that could be the role names here. http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_s ... ogist.html or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientologists They could also be part of the SMG.

GoofballsAndBaloons Post 994 wrote:ALSO cults really make sense with the Day 1 on stage talk about John Locke turning into a villian.
Actually this is a very good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Okay sorry, but catch up is on hold. Posting what I have because I am rushing out and might not finish catching up till tomorrow now. Up to page 41

-Sotty
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:09 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

[PJ Posting]

Question at large
: For those of you think the Scientologists and Screen Mafia Guild are "one and the same," then suppose CKD is telling the truth and was recruited to the Screen Mafia Guild. When he dies, would he be revealed as "Screen Mafia Guild" or "Scientologist"?

Also, I would like to point out that for those of you who believe CKD's claim and his being town, then you basically accept that had we chosen CKD to drive on Scene One, then not
only
would that be bad for the
endgame
(as per the rules), but it would
also
be bad in-game because the town would automatically lose a member and the scum would also gain a member.

I don't see a compelling reason for Mr. Grey to force us to choose between an option that is "doubly bad" and a decision that is apparently only "singly good."
In flapdoodle we spew.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sottyrulez wrote:I still don't think there is a cult. I think KY Krew claimed the one thing that would make us panic the most. Unless you can explain to me how a cult works in the endgame that is laid out for us?
The only idea that occured to me was this:
VP wrote:Stray idea popped into my head: if we are facing a cult and a mafia, the good or bad decisions we make on screen (or successful lynches) could determine who we face in end game. Personally, I would not want to have to root out a cult in the scenario. I have no idea if this is the case, but thought i would put it out there.
I don't know if that's really likely, but it's the only thing I could think of that would semi-make sense with multiple scum factions.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:43 am

sure sure, lapse of memory.

Lee, it was one reason why I currently think you are scum...I havent liked your play much at all...call it gut...if you have a problem with that..push for my lynch.

and you were pushing misiformation without fact checking or looking into it...do you typically do that when looking for scum? The fact that you werent really checking the facts, but just throwing it out there to "discredit" me is telling.

its a scummy move...

also, in the first game of this trilogy, there were "other" alignments that werent named mafia...thoughts? Why are you completely overlooking the fact that? I think the Scientologist are something different. Could be some sort of cult....I dont know...the one thing that is certian, is Mr. Grey loves odd mechanics and spins on the game. Seems like you are really trying to out guess the mod, to paint me scummy?

why?

what happens to all this fluff, when a mafia does flip? Where do I stand then with you?

As it stands lets look at the facts.

fact 1..I pushed against HEAVY opposition to make valentine drive which gave us +1.

fact 2...I was the first one who adamantly didnt want to choose door 2, because we had discussed it in the "off" scene. This choice resulted in a +1

sure this is all WIFOM bullshit, but the fact that you are going out of your way to discredit me, making wild assumptions, and pushing unresearched misinformation, when every action I have made has been protown is scummy.

Lee, why can a scientoligist be some sort of 3rd alignment that has nothing to do with end game? Why cant they be a 3rd alignment that has some other win condition that has nothing to do with us or the mafia?

do you usually think so black and white?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Gaspar »

elmosaurian wrote:But, yeah, I am 90% sure. If this was a betting game, i'd be willing to bet on him being scum at anything up to 10:1 odds.
I'll take that bet. Your $100 to my $1000?

Elmosaurian wrote:Town glork does not play like this. Generally when I play with town Glork, he goes on the offensive against scummy people bascially from the start of day 1, and I tend to agree with almost everything he says. Something is badly off kilter with his play this game, and I'm pretty sure it's his alignment.
Elmosaurain wrote:I was suspicious of Glork this game from day 1, when he was focused on mafiajin almost to the exclusion of everything that was going on in the game. Elmo also told me he had a strong gut read on Glork being scum, and I trust his judgement. His responses today have completly convinced me; I really can not imagine Glork being town here.
Wow. You already brought up this erroneous point once, and I already responded to it:
Gaspar wrote:Since then, I've weighed in on KY Krew, Zwet, Talilan, CowBagelFrogThing, and the On-Camera Decision situation in general
Your response was essentially "but you seemed to focus mostly on MafiaJin."

So, let me see if I've got this right.

I go after a scummy-looking player at the start of D1, while weighing in on other relevant topics, but this doesn't fit what you JUST NOW SAID:
Elmosaurian wrote: Generally when I play with town Glork, he goes on the offensive against scummy people bascially from the start of day 1, and I tend to agree with almost everything he says.
The only difference I see is that you don't agree with me. If there's more, please tell me. If not, then you're falling into the same pit of despair that Ortolan has exhibited all game.

Try yet again, Yos. I'm still not buying what you're selling.

hewitt wrote:Well they do pretty much already have lists like that by using just the condorcet voting system.
This is exactly why I said I'm considering not using Condorcets anymore. It's a curious line to walk. On one hand, I typically request complete transparency from players, since Innocents have nothing to hide. However, the mechanics of this specific game make that a bad idea. It is inherently frustrating.
CKD wrote:How do you know what Panzer’s PM said…what we got for him was pretty vague. Why do you instantly assume that I am full of crap, but Panzer was telling the truth? Werent you in the first one of these trilogies? Wasn’t there other alignments other than “mafia”…funny you seem to be forgetting that. Why is that?
It may be my interpretation, but the tone/nature of Panzer's information just didn't match with the tone/nature of yours. I obviously have no hard evidence of this, but it's just how I feel about the matter. As far as the previous games, go, yes I was in both of the other ones, and I've already talked about how they have impacted my opinion of this game. My biggest thing is that I do not believe that there are three factions, based on Endgame, which I am now repeating for the third time, I think. It does not make sense to me. I believe that there are only two group factions, with POSSIBLY a single individual.

Because of the description of "entering Endgame," Krew's behavior, Yos's reaction to Krew, and the timing of your "it was called SMG" coupled with Krew's "I think there's a cult," I am reasonably certain that SMG is but a red herring, which makes you a liar, which makes you scum.

As far as when you should be eliminated -- I would like to see Yos lynched during Scene Three. If he comes up Scientologist, I definitely, 100% want to see you lynched during Scene Four. If he comes up SMG, I want you alive (at least for the time being). If he comes up Innocent, I think I would want you lynched during Scene Four, but I'm not sure about that.

And yes, I am prepared to deal with the consequences of you possibly being protown. I think that people should generally be held accountable for leading mislynches. Your last question is silly, pointless, and rather obtuse. Threats of "Oh yeah, well what are you gonna do when I flip town" or "What happens when an SMG flips" make it sound like you're trying to browbeat people into rethinking themselves with fear tactics. This does not reflect well on your character, or your alignment.

sottyrulez wrote:3) The SMG and scientologists are one in the same? There is a bunch of actor scientologists that could be the role names here. http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_s ... ogist.html or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientologists They could also be part of the SMG.
Possible, but unlikely in my opnion. I posted the two scenarios that --- and I quote myself DIRECTLY --
I believe...[are] most likely
. I never said they were the only two possible, which two people now have tried to insinuate.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 am

Gaspar, lets play that WIFOM gamre real fast..

lets says that I am a liar and a member of the Sci...that I made SMG up and Sci are the only alignment against the "town"...what is there to gain? Why would I not just say I would be recruited into the Sci? How would the "misinformation" help me? IF I was sci with KY, why didnt I immediately fire MJ when he entered and told me the town wanted me to?

Lets say instead of saying "SMG" I said "Sci"...and then KY flipped Sci..what would be your current stance on me then?

Gaspar..what would you do in my situation?

you are giving a choice stay innocent or join the SMG...you decide to stay innocent and not join the SMG...would you tell people the information you were given? why or why not?
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by MrJellyLee »

[PJ Posting]

CKD, if you addressing me in particular please use PJ; if you are addressing MBL in particular, use MBL.

If you are addressing:

1.) I already am pushing for your lynch. I seem to recall doing this pretty much since Day One.

2.) I am not discounting the possibility of multiple scum-groups. I just doubt Mr. Grey would offer a random player the chance to become a part of a scum-group on Day One of a game.

3.) I don't care if you push the right On Screen decision
every
day: the scum still get their best endgame if they manage to get the town down to 5 players. I consider getting good choices On Screen is secondary to lynching. If I think the Town takes a turn for the worse Off Screen, then I might change my tune, but for now On Screen is just a safety net.

4.) Fact: When something is an obviously provable fact -- for example, whether or not you speculated about Cult early -- there really is not a reason to claim the contrary unless you make an honest mistake. There are naturally exceptions -- such as claiming deadline is in 10 days when deadline is 1 day (since this obviously has an impact on the game) -- but statements made by MBL in-between Day Two and Day Three (read: is not going to influence votes right now), while at the same time saying he has to reread the thread (read: he told you straight up that he needs to reread to make sure what he said was correct to begin with), is pretty obviously just a mistake.

So: Do you MBL took something he knew to be a fact and said just the opposite in order to paint you? Or do you think MBL just got the fact wrong?

5.) "Gut" isn't good enough. Your post leaves the impression that I have "put out misinformation as fact" multiple times. If the only time you can substantiate this is solely because of MBL's catching-up post, then I am far from impressed.

~

Not really concerned with the rest of your post. You just go ahead and keep threatening about what happens when such-and-such happens. In case you are not familiar, I already played a "just wait one more day for scum-X to show up!" game in Verbose 2 Mafia, and I'm not keen to play it again.

For reference: In Verbose 2, Fiasco claimed (and pretty early to boot) that he was searching for a "scum pope," and fairly early in the game. He survived until the end of the game. No scum popes were ever revealed. And in fact, there were no scum popes at all, or popes at all in the game. Fiasco was just lying scum trying to confuse the town, which he did very successfully.

So excuse me for not taking your claim that there is a "Screen Guild Mafia" at face value, or your constant threats about what will happen "when we lynch a Screen Guild Mafia."
In flapdoodle we spew.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Gaspar wrote:My point is this:
[Something Else] has ZERO REASON to play to have ALL OF THEIR MEMBERS SURVIVE, because they will have to exclude all but two of them anyway. Like I said in my last post, if I'm scum, I would totally use at least one of those extra players to confuse the town for several days, even if it meant they would eventually get lynched.

Thus, the idea that "Player X wouldn't make a play because it would get them lynched" falls through. If Player X will not participate in Endgame even if they play to survive, why not use them in a manner which will confuse and mislead the town?
So why do you think we won the point yesterday?

And who is confusing the town the most?
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:22 pm

does your opinion change if a SMG is lynched? why or why not?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”