Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Konowa »

Peabody, I am voting Chibo currently; in response to your question in 176.

Looker is more annoying than scummy to me at the moment with the apathetic attitude.

Really, really do not like how cb poked his head in and has disappered again.

*twitch*
Rosso Carne wrote:Oh wait

vote for alamaster. hes scum.

Ive written about this in depth.
Really? The only thing I can see that you have attributed to Almaster being scum is his scum list that you misconstrued. What other things have you written in depth?

Chibo, it really looks like you are pushing for a Rosso lynch more based on his playstyle than anything else.

In no particular order, cb, Chibo, and Rosso top my scumlist.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:58 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:I've never played with Rosso when he was scum before, but if he's town I think he can be very helpful. One time he vigged me N1 correctly(, I was the mafia godfather). He said that he based it of of D1 reads, and considering that I had never played with him before, I think he can play a good pro-town game. I say that we don't lynch him today, and wait until tomorrow to see how scummy he's acting then.
I was in that game and, to be fair, you were pretty obvious. You were Lew and I's number one suspect as well. Unfortunately, we could only chit-chat about it.

That being said, I don't have a problem keeping Rosso around another round or so. The only problem is what happens in D2 or 3 if he hasn't done anything? Are we going to lynch him then? No. Everyone will probably forget about D1, Rosso will be like "it's not my fault I don't nail scum every time," and he'll run free. It's a dangerous situation.
J-Fox
J-Fox
Townie
J-Fox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:59 am

Post by J-Fox »

I apologise, been busy past couple of days with schoolwork, sorry for the long post forthcoming:
AlmasterGM wrote:
SCUM

canadianbovine
- hasn't done ANYTHING except confirm and random vote. Literally, he has two posts.
Lurking does not equal scum, lurking could just mean he is busy or away and not told anyone here or something. A lurker is simply an easy target for someone to say they're scum because they are not around to defend themselves.

And oh dear, I really did not like parts of your next post at all either:
AlmasterGM wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:random stuff
Why is it that you say NOTHING until your name is mentioned, and then you suddenly pop out of nowhere? Where were you?
Chibo has already made this point, so trying to pass it off as your own to look involved is not a good thing to do.
AlmasterGM wrote:
Haylen wrote:1) I vote for who I see as most scummy at the time, you all are on a huge line graph in my head, and the person whose point is highest on there when i mentally update it gets my vote...
Ok - it's just a little odd that 1) this conveniently changed twice to reflect bandwagons that someone else started and 2) you never gave any reason for doing anything.
The first one of these changes (to yourself) was during the end of the random period, so understandable. And the 2nd one (changing to looker), she gave valid reasons for, unlike what you claimed.
AlmasterGM wrote:
="Haylen"]2/3) I've been busy and distracted as of late, in between moving houses. I got my keys today It's this weird digital thing and it's round and purple If you notice, my activity has dropped in all my games...
If you're busy, you're busy. Your posts don't give a busy feel, they give a "I want to appear involved" feel. Also, if you are busy, how did you have time to go through and determine who you thought was scum?
Because that's what we're supposed to do on the site, if you can't be arsed to do that, you may as well not be posting at all. Explain how they give a a "want to appear involved" feel please.

I find it interesting how Peabody waited for someone else to vote for Rosso before taking the plunge himself, were you simply waiting for someone to do so first so that if something went wrong with it (eg. Rosso got lynched and turned up town), you could blame Ray for it? To be fair to you, I did like how you took your vote off when you realised Rosso was at -2, quite wise.

Also, AGM's vote for Rosso straight after these two votes was highly hypocritical on his part, considering one of the reasons he said he didn't like Haylen was bandwagon hopping with little reasoning.
ChiboSempai wrote:... and suspecting inactives is always appropriate...
Why?

What's with the vote on Pomegranate in Post 250 Looker? You gave absolutely no reasoning for it as far as I can see
Rosso Carne wrote:
ChiboSempai wrote:There's a limit to how effective anyone's skills are in D1, there's hardly anything to go by. I will explain the reasoning behind my questions after Rosso answers them. I don't want to give away my thoughts behind them until he answers lol.
This is honestly completely utterly false. D1 is the absolute most important day, grazing it off like you are isnt scummy, its just clear you havent had much practice. D1 is boundless in showing someones potential. once roles start being flipped up, the D1 emotions simply become the purest in the game, unskewered by anything else.

And give me a list of said questions again, because i dont remember any and im too lazy to look.
Yes, but he was saying that during it's current time, Day 1 is the hardest as there is nothing to go by while playing through it. I suspect you're probably correct about Day 1 being useful to glean over near endgame for extra clues however.

Chibo, Post 274 was far and away the worst I've seen all game, you're basically saying you're voting Rosso because you don't like him and you feel he's detrimental to the town, NOT because you feel he is actually scum, which is who we should be eliminating. Saying we should lynch someone simply because they aren't contributing anything is a PERFECT scum method of getting the town to off someone who is annoying (and therefore an easy target) but town instead of scum. I am not saying I feel Rosso is definately town, but your reason for voting him was simply horrible and gives off huge scum vibes. I was considering taking my vote off you up till that post, but now I'm definatly keeping it on unless something VERY scummy comes along. NOTE: I see Ray's covered this in the very next post, but I shall keep this here anyway as reasoning for my vote.

I'm not entirely convinced by your reasonings in Post 276, Rosso hiding info could well be playstyle, or he might have a decent reason for it, it definatly isn't a crime you should vote someone for.

Ray, why should Rosso have to post full scumlists on Day 1? As we've established, there is little info to go off on Day 1, yes I suppose making connections could be helpful, but on Day 1, it's highly unlikely anything major in that department will be much more than wild speculation, so asking him for a full scumlist is a bit of a waste of time really.
...and if you don't like it, you can kiss my fuzzy ass
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:08 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

I meant suspecting inactives as in like, it would be good to keep an eye on them or try to get them to talk, not thinking they are scum yet. However keeping active and talking a lot is likely to make someone slip or something. Not talking in the first place doesn't let anyone have any reads on you, good or bad. Also by suspecting a inactive and being vocal about it, you're forcing them to sort of come back and defend themselves.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Haylen »

I am writing a terrifically long (or horrifically long) post, depending on whether or not you have had experience with my long posts...

Any post from now on til I post it will be considered by me as a simulpost. I REALLY hate simulposts.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
J-Fox
J-Fox
Townie
J-Fox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 am

Post by J-Fox »

ChiboSempai wrote:I meant suspecting inactives as in like, it would be good to keep an eye on them or try to get them to talk, not thinking they are scum yet. However keeping active and talking a lot is likely to make someone slip or something. Not talking in the first place doesn't let anyone have any reads on you, good or bad. Also by suspecting a inactive and being vocal about it, you're forcing them to sort of come back and defend themselves.
That's not suspicion worthy, there are prods and replacements for that purpose. Voting should be reserved for scummy behaviour, not to coerce someone back to posting
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:36 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Whats the difference between that and a using a voting bandwagon to apply pressure to someone?
lol I have a feeling that like half of the players here play the exact opposite of the other half.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Konowa »

Chibo, why do you think Rosso is scum?
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Konowa »

Double-post.

Change my no particular order list, in post 300, to a scum-list in this particular order:

Chibo, cb, and Rosso a distant third.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

He's not playing how himself said a townie should play. He dodged practically all of my questions (holding back info). If you are innocent, there should be nothing to hide.

I really didn't mean for my vote to be based on his playstyle, (which I'll admit is annoying to me) but I've been trying to see past it. I've been reconsidering my thoughts after your reply #300 and J-Fox's post #302.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
J-Fox
J-Fox
Townie
J-Fox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:12 am

Post by J-Fox »

ChiboSempai wrote:Whats the difference between that and a using a voting bandwagon to apply pressure to someone?
Bandwagon pressuring someone is valid because it encourages people to post
better
, not more.

Besides, mod cannot prod someone if they're already posting, but he can prod inactives.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Konowa »

Did not catch this first time around.
AlmasterGM wrote:That being said, I don't have a problem keeping Rosso around another round or so. The only problem is what happens in D2 or 3 if he hasn't done anything? Are we going to lynch him then? No. Everyone will probably forget about D1, Rosso will be like "it's not my fault I don't nail scum every time," and he'll run free. It's a dangerous situation.
So.....what are you pushing here? This really looks like you are pushing both sides of the issue here. The first sentence is pretty straight forward opposing a Rosso lynch today. However, the rest of the quote really reads as you subtly pushing for his lynch. Combine that with a lack of a un-vote and this really sets off some bells and whistles for me.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Peabody »

Konowa wrote:Did not catch this first time around.
AlmasterGM wrote:That being said, I don't have a problem keeping Rosso around another round or so. The only problem is what happens in D2 or 3 if he hasn't done anything? Are we going to lynch him then? No. Everyone will probably forget about D1, Rosso will be like "it's not my fault I don't nail scum every time," and he'll run free. It's a dangerous situation.
So.....what are you pushing here? This really looks like you are pushing both sides of the issue here. The first sentence is pretty straight forward opposing a Rosso lynch today. However, the rest of the quote really reads as you subtly pushing for his lynch. Combine that with a lack of a un-vote and this really sets off some bells and whistles for me.
Great post. Fencesitting is scummy. This question needs to be answered.

My vote for Rosso was mostly a pressure vote. At that time, I hadn't realized how many votes were actually on Rosso. I guess subconciously I assumed there were 2 or 3 votes on him at the time I placed my vote.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Pomegranate »

ChiboSempai wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:I've never played with Rosso when he was scum before, but if he's town I think he can be very helpful. One time he vigged me N1 correctly(, I was the mafia godfather). He said that he based it of of D1 reads, and considering that I had never played with him before, I think he can play a good pro-town game. I say that we don't lynch him today, and wait until tomorrow to see how scummy he's acting then.
Seems interesting. Did he play the same way that game that he is now? Normally I don't like to bring other games into stuff, but info is info.
I won't talk about ongoing games. But it seems as though it will end soon.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

J-Fox wrote:Lurking does not equal scum, lurking could just mean he is busy or away and not told anyone here or something. A lurker is simply an easy target for someone to say they're scum because they are not around to defend themselves.
Ok, so if I'm ever in a game with you and I'm scum, I can just lurk and you'll never lynch me. Thanks for the pro-tip.
Chibo has already made this point, so trying to pass it off as your own to look involved is not a good thing to do.
Obviously you just decided you were going to line-by-line me and didn't actually look at the context my post was made in. I write my posts in textedit before I make them, and I made my post like a half hour after Chibo - it was just a simulpost. Moreover, even if there was a little lag time, how am I trying to "pass the point off" as my own? That makes no sense.
The first one of these changes (to yourself) was during the end of the random period, so understandable. And the 2nd one (changing to looker), she gave valid reasons for, unlike what you claimed.
Matter of opinion. Personally, I don't think "the end of the RVS" and a one liner about tunneling constitutes a sufficient explanation.
Because that's what we're supposed to do on the site, if you can't be arsed to do that, you may as well not be posting at all. Explain how they give a a "want to appear involved" feel please.
Go back and read them in isolation. You'll see it.
That's not suspicion worthy, there are prods and replacements for that purpose. Voting should be reserved for scummy behaviour, not to coerce someone back to posting
Wrong. Learn to play.
Konowa wrote:So…..what are you pushing here? This really looks like you are pushing both sides of the issue here. The first sentence is pretty straight forward opposing a Rosso lynch today. However, the rest of the quote really reads as you subtly pushing for his lynch. Combine that with a lack of a un-vote and this really sets off some bells and whistles for me.
I'm merely presenting both sides of the coin for consideration. This isn't an OBV-DO-THIS situation - there are pros and cons to both options. Given the lack of an unvote, like you mentioned, though, I don't see how you can say I'm fencesitting - my position is crystal clear.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

re J-fox:

If I remember correctly what post you are referencing, you are asking about the question I put to Rosso saying there are three scum, and asking who the third is from his point of view...

In this case, Rosso had stated the two he found to be scum, but not the third or the SK players. Because of this, I was curious if he had any scum reads from other players. It helps to know the opinion of the other players and their reasoning in one's own scum hunting.

FoS: Almaster
cuz fencesitting on its own isn't scummy enough to vote for.

Pome, Konowa, and everybody else catching up:

what are your reads/feelings about the number of interactions so far in the game?
don't you feel silly now?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Haylen wrote:I am writing a terrifically long (or horrifically long) post, depending on whether or not you have had experience with my long posts...

Any post from now on til I post it will be considered by me as a simulpost. I REALLY hate simulposts.
Still working on this?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Pomegranate wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I'm interested in seeing more from Pome. I'd like her to clarify whether she's still happy with her vote on me or not[....]
Sorry, will
Unvote
you for now. I need to get some good reads before voting.
Well we're 13 pages in now, how much more time are you going to need to get your good reads?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by RayFrost »

She probably fell asleep. :lol:
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

RayFrost wrote: Pome, Konowa, and everybody else catching up:

what are your reads/feelings about the number of interactions so far in the game?
I personally want to see more from Pomegranite and Haylen.

Not particularly liking what I am seeing from Chibo, Peabody and Alamaster.

Looker could actually be a decent scumhunting tool depending on his alignment. (Which I think it should be quite important for us to determine ASAP.) I won't elaborate further at this time on that matter.

Everyone else is kinda off my radar for one reason or another, which could be due to needing to post more, or needing to post something that grabs my attention.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

RayFrost wrote:what are your reads/feelings about the number of interactions so far in the game?
AlmasterGM- I see him as slightly town, but not very. I think he's expressing his views well.
canadianbovine- Would like to hear more from him.
ChiboSempai- Will read up on.
Haylen- I see her as townish at this point; I guess it's gut. Would like to see the long post she promised a few hours ago...
J-Fox-
J-Fox wrote:
ChiboSempai wrote:I meant suspecting inactives as in like, it would be good to keep an eye on them or try to get them to talk, not thinking they are scum yet. However keeping active and talking a lot is likely to make someone slip or something. Not talking in the first place doesn't let anyone have any reads on you, good or bad. Also by suspecting a inactive and being vocal about it, you're forcing them to sort of come back and defend themselves.
The reason why lurking is generally considered scummy is because through lurking one can avoid saying scummy things. Everyone is now saying that lurking=/=scum, which is sometimes true, but I usually see that a pressure vote or two doesn't hurt, and in some cases, lynch is the best option.
Konowa- Hasn't posted much, but makes enough sense in the posts he does make. Not sure how I feel about him.
Looker-Is acting a bit scummy, but mostly in a newbish way. Having some trouble getting a good read on him though.
Peabody- Neutral read.
RayFrost- Giving me somewhat townie vibes.
Rosso Carne- Don't think him being lynched at this point would be good, but still keeping an eye out.
Zachrulez-
Zachrulez wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I'm interested in seeing more from Pome. I'd like her to clarify whether she's still happy with her vote on me or not[....]
Sorry, will
Unvote
Well we're 13 pages in now, how much more time are you going to need to get your good reads?
I'd be fine with this if not for this, a few minutes later:
Everyone else is kinda off my radar for one reason or another, which could be due to needing to post more, or needing to post something that grabs my attention.
That seems hypocritical to me. Could you explain why it's not (unless you think it is too :?)?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

And could everyone please try to spell my name correctly?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by almightybob »

Votecount 1.5

Rosso Carne - 3 (canadianbovine, AlmasterGM, ChiboSempai)
ChiboSempai - 2 (J-Fox, Konowa)
AlmasterGM - 1 (Haylen)
Pomegranate - 2 (Zachrulez, Looker)

Not voting - 4 (Rosso Carne, Peabody, RayFrost, Pomegranate)

With 12 alive, it's
votes to lynch!
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Pomegranate wrote:And could everyone please try to spell my name correctly?
Would you prefer I type Pomegranate over Pome/Pom?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Pomegranate wrote: Zachrulez-
Zachrulez wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Sorry, will
Unvote
I'd be fine with this if not for this, a few minutes later:
That seems hypocritical to me. Could you explain why it's not (unless you think it is too :?)?
Well for one... did I say I needed to get some good reads before I voted? Actually, I like my vote in that it helps me get a read on you, and I want to see more from you to improve that read.

And second, you don't expect me to have a good read on EVERYONE do you? And no, I didn't expect you to have a good read on everyone either, I just want to see you doing more to try to get reads on people, while you seem content with posting little/not at all.

For the record, I tend to disagree with your town read on Haylen.
Here's why.

If Haylen does actually post her super big post that she's promising that gives opinions on multiple players and isn't opportunistically attacking someone after active lurking through the early game, then I might be inclined to change my opinion of her.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”