Newbie 834 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by hiphop »

0x1de wrote:You appear to be very selective about how you apply your arguments. Apparently Looker was fine to do the same thing (but worse), and you haven't said anything about the others voting for Looker.
Selective? Oman doesn’t answer questions. He put looker at L-1 originally. And greendude has a right to leave has vote on, because he cast the first vote on Looker. You on the other hand answer questions. You criticize Looker because he ended the day, without you getting all the information that you wanted. Just because looker did it, does that make it ok for you to do it too.
0x1de wrote:Also you keep mentioning that this is a newbie game, yet you don't make any concessions for us: Joat, RB, L-1, VI, etc.
The last two you should know. They were posted by Hohum in commonly used abbreviations.

Hammer-Last vote needed for a lynch. Therefore Looker cast the hammer vote, or he hammered.
JOAT- Jack of all trades. Usually has roles such has one time he can Rb, one night he can protect, one time he can revive, etc. Something like that. I haven’t seen this role on this site yet.
RB- roleblocker
L-1,L-2,L-3,etc.- how many votes needed for a lynch.
VI-look it up on the first page in commonly used abbreviations.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by 0x1de »

hiphop wrote:
0x1de wrote:You appear to be very selective about how you apply your arguments. Apparently Looker was fine to do the same thing (but worse), and you haven't said anything about the others voting for Looker.
Selective? Oman doesn’t answer questions. He put looker at L-1 originally. And greendude has a right to leave has vote on, because he cast the first vote on Looker. You on the other hand answer questions. You criticize Looker because he ended the day, without you getting all the information that you wanted. Just because looker did it, does that make it ok for you to do it too.
An excellent example of Woolly Thinking, which is a bit like Fuzzy Logic but less so.

Apart from the fact that Oman
does
answer questions, what are you getting at?

GreenDude has some special rights for being the first to vote for Looker? Why does my vote the day before count for nothing?

Oh my god, I actually answer questions...what does that mean?

DarkStrike offered to provide some info that might benefit the town, but Looker destroyed that chance by hammering him for no reason. How is that the same as me restoring my vote (with sound explanations), but without killing her?

I don't think I will bother arguing with you any further...
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by hiphop »

0x1de wrote:
hiphop wrote:
An excellent example of Woolly Thinking, which is a bit like Fuzzy Logic but less so.

Apart from the fact that Oman
does
answer questions, what are you getting at?
I believe you asked him twice now who he thinks is scummy. Has he done it? no.
0x1de wrote:GreenDude has some special rights for being the first to vote for Looker? Why does my vote the day before count for nothing?
It does count. Your reasons for voting are good, but does it have to be a quick lynch?
0x1de wrote:Oh my god, I actually answer questions...what does that mean?
It means you are actually trying to be helpful to the town.
0x1de wrote:DarkStrike offered to provide some info that might benefit the town, but Looker destroyed that chance by hammering him for no reason. How is that the same as me restoring my vote (with sound explanations), but without killing her?
Because you are putting Looker in that situation. You are setting up another quick lynch one of the reasons that you gave for voting looker.
0x1de wrote:I don't think I will bother arguing with you any further...
I have given my case, you have given your defense. Why do we need to argue further?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by Looker »

She ain't got dat BOOM like I doooo....!

Look, Garnasha, since I'm voting you, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't give you the honor of hammering me. I'm just throwing that out there woman-to-woman
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Looker »

Hey, did you guys know that search was back up...?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:32 am

Post by Garnasha »

Looker, thanks, but I'll pass on that one. I didn't put you on L-1 because I didn't want to risk ending the day early, and I'm certainly not hammering you until I'm sure letting the day go on won't give us any more info. Still love you for alerting us to search though :P btw. WHY is your vote on me?
Also, I heard oman's in hospital? What happened?

Anyway, I KNEW I should've stuck with 1 game, I'm now getting flak in my other game for not posting. So forgive me for not being very active here, I expect the day to continue at least another week and by that time I should've caught up and posted a read on everyone.

Ps. Looker, two words, ten letters: list please.
V/LA until finals are over.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 am

Post by Looker »

2 scum

Current Vote...Trains? >=is voting
Darklight > GreenDude > Looker^ > Garnasha
HipHop > Oman > Looker^ > Garnasha
Oxide > Looker^ > Garnasha

I'm working with votes here, so, if you're not scum, I'd believe Oxide were scum. I don't know where to start is the problem, which is why I need confirmed roles. I don't know whose scum, I'm merely working off of probabilities and that's all.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Not again...

@mod: DarkLight hasn't posted since Wednesday 16th, in 275
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Looker »

Not again? Then who would you suspect?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by hiphop »

Just noticed something suspicious about oman's last post,
Oman wrote: So why aren't you getting into Ox1de for his comment about it being bad for me to say that PlayPlay was reading town?
Big deflection. That is very scummy.

mod can we get a vote count
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Looker »

"Just trying to be somewhat helpful" Votecount
Not the Mod
Greendude (1) - Darklight
HipHop
Darklight
Ox1de
Garnasha (1) - Looker
Looker (3) - Greendude, Oman, Ox1de
Oman (1) - HipHop
Not Voting - Garnasha
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

Looker(3): GreenDude, Oman, 0x1de

Garnasha(1): Looker
GreenDude(1): DarkLightA
Oman(1): hiphop

Not Voting(1): Garnasha
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:38 pm

Post by Oman »

Sorry for the inactivity. I feel that Oxide was getting scummier (as I mentioned) and that hiphop is misrepresenting me. However, I have not yet determined whether that makes hiphop scummy. Standby for more.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Oman »

hiphop wrote:Just noticed something suspicious about oman's last post,
Oman wrote: So why aren't you getting into Ox1de for his comment about it being bad for me to say that PlayPlay was reading town?

This is such a small part of my post, its unfair to call it a deflection. Its a comment of your inconsistency. You'll see I do the same thing earlier to Ox1de re:emotional arguments.

Missing the majority of the argument to pick on a small piece that out of context is weak, and then pretending that destroys the argument is called Strawman arguments. And its wrong. And scummy.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Looker »

logical fallacy. my class just went over that friday :)
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:52 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Sorry for the inactivity. I've never quite gotten that into this game, but I've been looking every now and then. I was actually here yesterday. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not lurking, I just don't find anything of importance to post)

So.. I looked at Looker in iso, and found that he just posts random 1-liners that just don't help town, but help give the impression of him helping. So, for that, I feel that I should:

UNVOTE:
HAMMER VOTE: Locker
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:10 am

Post by GreenDude »

Not Again!!!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been sick.

I did say I was suspicious of DarkLight didn't I?

I bet Looker will flip town. And then we will be faced with lylo. (I think)
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Garnasha »

god DAMN it! DarkLight, looker could've been an idiot, but you're not, and there's been plenty of stuff in the thread telling you not to do what you just did. People, if I die tonight, lynch DLA for me, please. Either because he's scum or out of revenge.
V/LA until finals are over.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Garnasha »

(getting as much info in as possible before night just in case I'm the NK, so writing this assuming I've been confirmed as town. I'll refine it after the night if I'm still breathing)

First: if looker's town, don't let it keep you from lynching DLA for fear of him being town too. DLA might try to wiggle free by claiming he didn't know it would really be wrong. Nonsense, he must know, he must've read the thread. He might be town, and pigs might fly(you just need a good cannon). If he is, I'll be happy to share the burden of having lost the game for town with him and looker. Also, by now it's probably possible to hunt for his partner by digging through the thread on D4 assuming he isn't VI town.
Second: if looker's scum, I think DLA is stupid scum. Lynch him, if I'm wrong it won't lose the game for town outright.
Third: Someone pick up my case against Oman please. And everyone get a really good read on him, though I still think he's leaning slightly town, I haven't read him properly in so long I can't really say anything about his alignment, thinking this day'd last a bit longer. However, if he's scum, he must not be able to make town dance without ever getting spotted.
I'd try to think of more stuff to say before night but a) I have to post this before thread locks, b) I have to post this before my dad goes beserk on me for not quitting comp and c) Only other thing I can think of right now is a list and that'd take too long. Remind me I should make one if I do survive.

Again, this is all written assuming I'm not here anymore to pick up the case on Oman myself and push for a lynch of DLA. And I have no idea what this posts did to the odds of that happening. Anyway DON'T ACT ON THIS IF I SURVIVE. I will. Except for the "get a read on Oman" part, everyone should still do that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Oman »

I agree with Garnasha, DLA made a pretty poor move there regardless of Looker's alignment.

LookerTown: I'm going with DLA scum, but hiphop is definatly throwing up some terrible scummy arguments.

LookerScum: I'm drifting towards Ox1de (if he does flip scum I'll explain this, don't want to waste time doing it now)
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by hiphop »

DarkLightA wrote:Sorry for the inactivity. I've never quite gotten that into this game, but I've been looking every now and then. I was actually here yesterday. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not lurking, I just don't find anything of importance to post)

So.. I looked at Looker in iso, and found that he just posts random 1-liners that just don't help town, but help give the impression of him helping. So, for that, I feel that I should:

UNVOTE:
HAMMER VOTE: Locker
You didn't? How could you? You read Looker in Iso, but why didn't you read the game?
Oman wrote:
hiphop wrote:Just noticed something suspicious about oman's last post,

This is such a small part of my post, its unfair to call it a deflection. Its a comment of your inconsistency. You'll see I do the same thing earlier to Ox1de re:emotional arguments.

Missing the majority of the argument to pick on a small piece that out of context is weak, and then pretending that destroys the argument is called Strawman arguments. And its wrong. And scummy.
Read the thread. Post 313? Sound familiar? My whole argument about your post was post 313, which was my very next post right after you posted that post. What do you want me to do, copy the entire post and put that in it? That was called an add on. If anyone strawmanned, you did. I didn’t see that in your original argument, so I decide to just post that, instead of reposting post 313 with that argument.

I don’t just blame Darklight, but Oman an Oxide(who I told to unvote, but doesn’t listen) for putting Looker in that situation anyways.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Oman »

My argument is still valid. You put up a straw man by highlighting a tiny part of my post and saying it was a deflection. Its not a defelction if its a sentence in a paragraph within a post. It is a deflection the way you've highlighted it.

It just looks way too contrived to be "oops I just noticed this".

Also, you bring your post there to "I'm not strawmanning, YOU ARE!"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by hiphop »

Oman wrote: My argument is still valid. You put up a straw man by highlighting a tiny part of my post and saying it was a deflection. Its not a defelction if its a sentence in a paragraph within a post. It is a deflection the way you've highlighted it.

It just looks way too contrived to be "oops I just noticed this".
Well it is the truth whether you believe me or not.

Oman wrote:Also, you bring your post there to "I'm not strawmanning, YOU ARE!"
Well you take one little part of my case instead of attacking the whole thiing.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Looker »

No, not DarkLight, it's Ox1de that's the scum. It's Ox1de that needs to die.

Quick (rhetorical) question: I'm guessing there
is
no honor amongst scum, huh?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Oman »

I did say I would respond to the whole thing when I had time. That just stuck out like dog's balls as I flicked over.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”