Newbie 835: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Webz »

Devotress wrote:
purple princess wrote:quote]
This is not an answer to the question, which would have been pro-town, but a spread of suspicions that could just as likely be scummy.

But trying to appease him? I'm not quite sure that that makes any sense. I don't think that op would see that post as stand-out pro-town (I'm not saying scummy), so I have no idea how it would appease him.
It wasn't really a question asked of me.
You really don't see how this could be appeasing? OP thinks your wifoming could be suspicious in some way, and rather than defend it you backed off it and basically said 'i'll stop if you want'
I can't try to decipher WIFOM at all if people will only think that it is irrelevant, or simply scummy, so it is a waste of time. I said that I'd be happy to oblige because, if I wasn't going to be listened to, I'd be stupid not to. I didn't defend it because I didn't know whether it was a viable tool or not.

Also, Devotress, it would be best both for you and the town if you said that you'll commit more in the future. Yes, you have reasons for not commiting so much, yes, they could be valid, but overall you seem like the person who wants the least of the blame. You're not scummy to me, but you could help the town more by being more sound with your suspicions. :)
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by YamiJoey »

Apart from my earlier probing of Webz, am I right in assuming that since PP turned up Devotress and Webz have both come under speculation as a general concensus of the Town? That doesn't sit right with me. I was thinking last night (after I had to leave the computer) that we now only have two people we really trust; OP, and Yabba. Before PP joined in the fun, we were down to me and Kirby looking the most scummy, and Webz was considered one of our most pro-Town players.

That scares me a hell of a lot, and I think that a definite Scum Tactic would be to throw the mix around if we were focusing on people and one was Scum. I know that incriminates myself, but I'm going to do the only thing I can, and stress the point that maybe Kirby and PP
are
a Scumpair.

Vote: Purple Princess

And if it comes necessary, I will switch to Kirby, as he has always been my main suspicion, and PP
could
just be trying to make sure we're not focusing on the wrong people too much. Her line of thought (as Town) could be "What if they're both Townie?" and trying to get things right.

YJ
Show
i l o v e s e c r e t a g e n t s

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

[b]V/LA on weekends a lot. Soz beefz.[/b]
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by Webz »

OP has a vote on me, so I'm not sure if you're completely right there.

I do agree, however, that PP is muddying the waters on both of her and Kirby's cases, which is not a good thing. However, the discussion that is being made by PP is good for a skilled town, one that can see through the mix up and find the real scummiest player. Obviously, discussion is, in general, good, but the ability to mix up everyone's suspicions is clearly a scum tactic.

So, people, look through the evidence yourself before voting, and keep off dodgy wagons. If we do, then this discussion is good for town. If we don't, it may not be, as we can't afford to mislynch today.

However, more than PP's suspicions, which I see as valid, I don't like it AT ALL how Kirby is starting to blend in with the background. He hasn't posted real content for a long time, and it's been 20+ posts since he even posted. With him being the one under main suspicion, I see this as scummy. If he weren't at L-2, I'd most probably vote.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:36 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Webz wrote:However, more than PP's suspicions, which I see as valid, I don't like it AT ALL how Kirby is starting to blend in with the background. He hasn't posted real content for a long time, and it's been 20+ posts since he even posted. With him being the one under main suspicion, I see this as scummy. If he weren't at L-2, I'd most probably vote.
Pretty adament I've said this myself, but it's what I was thinking, and seeing as we're on the same side of this argument; how exactly do you find someone's allignment in this situation? On the one hand it's a simple "He's not talking, he has something to hide, he's Scum." but there's also the fact that some people are simply
that
bad at Mafia games, they can't defend themselves as Townies, nor Scumhunt. Keeping in mind that this is Kirby's second Mafia game on here, he could very well be in that boat.

Also; is that basically WIFOM? Because if it is and that's "You're not making a decision.", then I'd like to reinforce my previous statement:
I wrote:
HoS: Kirbyoshi
- Though it doesn't need stating, and I stress again that I would vote Kirby if it wasn't L-2, so don't say "Then do something about it.".
So I see him as extremely scummy, I am simply trying to extract more from the situation. (If he can now come out and somehow prove or convince me/us he's Townie, then that's great, as it's one more name in the possibly confirmed pile, to go with our mountain of two people.)

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:44 am

Post by YamiJoey »

EBWOP:
Webz wrote:OP has a vote on me, so I'm not sure if you're completely right there.
Ah, didn't notice that. Though PP had a vote on you, but they switched. To help me and others out - unofficial vote-count. (As I don't see Thock online.)
Kirbyoshi (2): (yabbaguy, Devotress)
YamiJoey (1): (Kirbyoshi)
Webz (1): (orangepenguin)
Devotress (1): (purple princess)
purple princess (1): (YamiJoey)
yabbaguy (0):
orangepenguin (0):

Not Voting (1): (Webz)

4 needed to Lynch.
YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count (deadline 9/29)

Kirbyoshi (2): (yabbaguy, Devotress)
YamiJoey (1): (Kirbyoshi)
Webz (1): (orangepenguin)
Devotress (1): (purple princess)
purple princess (1): (YamiJoey)
yabbaguy (0):
orangepenguin (0):

Not Voting (1): (Webz)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Please let me know if I've made a mistake.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:11 am

Post by purple princess »

@ Devotress, Thanks for noticing that I had replaced FA, shame that it took me voting for you to start though, but god to see that you are commiting yourself to what you post instead of, "hmmm it could be nothing, but I thought I would mention......"
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Webz »

@ YJ: I never said that you were focusing too much on PP, and not Kirby. I would rarely vote for the person that wasn't the most suspicious to me, though. And lurking is never pro-town. I would want a very good excuse before passing it off as anything but scummy, especially in Kirby's case, where he is benefiting from the absence.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I know that incriminates myself, but I'm going to do the only thing I can, and stress the point that maybe Kirby and PP are a Scumpair.
@YJ-301: An innocent can't incriminate himself. That's not the definition of the word.

However, stirring the mix is definitely a tell in that scum are trying to frame as many people as possible. It's their exit strategy for winning this game, and we've gotta block that exit.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Devotress »

purple princess wrote:@ Devotress, Thanks for noticing that I had replaced FA, shame that it took me voting for you to start though, but god to see that you are commiting yourself to what you post instead of, "hmmm it could be nothing, but I thought I would mention......"
I allways knew you'd replaced FA. Also, the "it took me voting for you to.." sounds like you're accusing me of omgus, which if you read my post, doesn't make sense, since my post about you was actually about how I didn't understand how you were getting linked to kirby as a scumpair.
Double A
Double A
Townie
Double A
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Double A »

Hehehe you guys lynched me...

Well I'm gonna go play mafia on a site where the atmosphere isn't so cold. I hope you all lose for being jerks.

Kirb, you're the only non-jerk that I even talked with. Go play mafia on Mod Edit: Advertising for other sites removed. You'll like it better there I think.
[url=http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=119802]Capo de Tutti Capi III on totalwar.org - so amazing your head will pop[/url]
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

That's gotta be a new world record for longest lag between death and bah post. :lol:

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Webz »

Sorry for taking the game seriously, Double A.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

yabbaguy wrote:That's gotta be a new world record for longest lag between death and bah post. :lol:
QFT
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Purple wrote:@ Devotress, Thanks for noticing that I had replaced FA, shame that it took me voting for you to start though, but god to see that you are commiting yourself to what you post instead of, "hmmm it could be nothing, but I thought I would mention......"
That's basically what everyone said your PBPA was, PP. Hypocrisy? Yes; Scummy? We'll see, but for now...

FoS: Purple Princess

My vote stays.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

314 sounds like distancing. It's kind of a half-assed "we'll see" kind of FoS. It's not the sort of way I'd go at flinging suspicion onto someone.

I'll look into that later. My scumpair theory stands.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@yabba, 315: 'Twas not distancing; I just have yet to see Purple do anything scummier than what YJ's been doing. She just moves up to my #2 with that hypocrisy post.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by Devotress »

yabbaguy wrote:My scumpair theory stands.
I don't fully get how the initial scumpair thing started, since some of pp's comments about others were like the one about kirby, but:

Kirby stopped posting for 3 whole days when people were discussing him, 3 days while suspicions drifted away from him towards other people, this in itself seems very scummy to me.
Then after 3 days gone, the only thing he does in his post is attempt to get away from an association with PP. I'd feel alot more comfortable with a kirby lynch then a PP lynch, but i'm thinking i'm buying your scum pair theory.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Devotress »

adding also

Holy crap was that a bitter bah post from double a.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by Webz »

Kirby: Why were you away for three days?
This is where we need the good explanation.

It seems like Kirby is right now only posting as much as he has to. Posting that FoS on PP was needed to a) not be prodded/replaced and b) not come under suspicion from the town or have to explain your point of view on her.

Can you give us a more full explanation, Kirby, on what you think of PP?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I was unexpectedly called away to a distant land where the interwebernetz is in a perpetual state of disrepair, i.e. home (as opposed to college, where I am now). I apologize for being away for so long.

Before the aforementioned hypocrisy, I thought Purple was being over-scummified. But maybe I'm just slower than everyone else in picking out that she's fairly likely to be scum. Calling Devotress out for what she herself was under suspicion for, without acknowledging that her own PBPA was scummy, is scummy. Does that make sense?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I think Devot and Webz are scum buddies.
Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Webz »

orangepenguin wrote:I think Devot and Webz are scum buddies.
Congratulations on your epiphany. Care to state your reasons? :roll:

And Kirby, I see you more clearly now. Did you see her at all scummy before she posted the post that you FoSed her about? Exactly how scummy?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Webz wrote:And Kirby, I see you more clearly now. Did you see her at all scummy before she posted the post that you FoSed her about? Exactly how scummy?
Before that post, she was about as scummy as I thought FA was for lurking for so long, meaning she was in the top half of my scumlist, but not in my sights yet. Like I said, I guess I'm just slower than everyone else about her.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Webz
Webz
Goon
Webz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Webz »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Webz wrote:And Kirby, I see you more clearly now. Did you see her at all scummy before she posted the post that you FoSed her about? Exactly how scummy?
Before that post, she was about as scummy as I thought FA was for lurking for so long, meaning she was in the top half of my scumlist, but not in my sights yet. Like I said, I guess I'm just slower than everyone else about her.
I don't like that last sentence. Overall, I think that your alibi for becoming more suspicious of PP over time is fine. But that last sentence seems very sheepish to me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”