charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by charter »

SerialClergyman wrote:Charter went from fourth to sixth. Def scum IMHO. I am moving house for a few days with no net access, so I'm limited with what I can post. If you don't see me too much over the next couple of days that's why.
What?

Why do you think I am scum again?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Relax, I was joking.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Sorry, looking back I see how that's confusing. In your last post when listing points you missed out "fifthly". That was all.
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 am

Post by charter »

Fifthly was probably something like "SC is totally scum", but I must have deleted it because I was repeating myself.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Let me get this straight:

1)Charter lurks for long periods yesterday and today, coming in when he pleases and blows a lot of hot air around. Pushes Xyl wagon hard yesterday.

2)Charter votes tajo today out of nowhere without giving reasons, promising to get the reasons later. These reasons never materialize. Nobody picks up on his caseless attack so he moves on.

3)Charter refuses to comment on the rofl/iam situation until the dust settles. Let's see which way the wind is blowing!

4)Charter sees Iamausername claims to have jailkept rofl on a night rofl has claimed a result, and decides, against all logic, to vote iamausername. Who cares if lynching rofl makes much more sense, right? Who cares if either way rofl flips the town will benefit, right? (If rofl is scum, we lynch scum, high probability of lovers; if rofl is town we get two confirmed innocents).

Did I miss anything there?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

iamausername: 3 (charter, Kmd4390, roflcopter)
roflcopter: 3 (elvis_knits, iamausername, SerialClergyman)
SerialClergyman: 2 (VP Baltar, Yosarian2)
charter: 1 (zu_Faul)
Kmd4390: 1 (populartajo)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (Thesp)

Not Voting: 2 (ekiM, PookyTheMagicalBear)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Elvis, if rofl is town, then the town does NOT benefit from lynching him. The town benefits from not lynching him, and either getting another investigation from him or else letting the scum night kill him; either way, we'll eventually have his alignment confirmed, but in a way that helps the town more. Do you really think that the town "benefits" by lynching a cop just because then we know he was telling the truth?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Dammit I knew I had another point!

5)Charter studiously ignores the fact that rofl claimed vanilla cop, a role who seems like it would probably not favor chopping the heads off vanillas as much as rofl did in the case of bridges. No comment about this inconsistency from good ole Charter!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:Elvis, if rofl is town, then the town does NOT benefit from lynching him. The town benefits from not lynching him, and either getting another investigation from him or else letting the scum night kill him; either way, we'll eventually have his alignment confirmed, but in a way that helps the town more. Do you really think that the town "benefits" by lynching a cop just because then we know he was telling the truth?
We get two confirmed innocents from rofl if he's town. (I guess we could get more if he's town and we keep him alive. But maybe he'll be roleblocked from now on or... I don't know).

If he's scum, he's likely a lover or protecting you who is a lover.

That is win-win situation for town.

If rofl is town I have to assume that either iam was blocked or is pulling a 1-for-1 gambit. Neither of those seem super-likely, so I'm willing to take the chance of lynching a vanilla cop who will give us two confirmed towns, because of the incentive of lynching scum/scum lovers.

Yos, don't you think that rofl's stance of lynching bridges vanilla sort of goes against his role as vanilla cop?
Talk nerdy to me.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Wouldn't that depend on how convinced you are of Bridges alignment?

I mean, if you were a vanilla cop and you thought he might be telling the truth, you might want to check it out. But if you're pretty sure he's scum, you don't want to de-rail the bandwagon, waste and investigation, and then possibly have to claim in order to get the bandwagon going again when you find out he's not vanilla; that's a pretty high cost.

I donno, I was pretty sure Bridges was scum myself, I probably wouldn't have wanted to spend an investigation on him if I was a cop if I could just lynch him instead.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 am

Post by charter »

elvis_knits wrote:Let me get this straight:

1)Charter lurks for long periods yesterday and today, coming in when he pleases and blows a lot of hot air around. Pushes Xyl wagon hard yesterday.
Yes, I was wrong about that.
2)Charter votes tajo today out of nowhere without giving reasons, promising to get the reasons later. These reasons never materialize. Nobody picks up on his caseless attack so he moves on.
I can go back and find some if you want, I just figured that by the time I returned, it would be pointless to lynch someone besides rofl/iaun
3)Charter refuses to comment on the rofl/iam situation until the dust settles. Let's see which way the wind is blowing!
Umm, this pretty much describes you, not me. They both had two votes when I voted, you're still not voting either one.
4)Charter sees Iamausername claims to have jailkept rofl on a night rofl has claimed a result, and decides, against all logic, to vote iamausername. Who cares if lynching rofl makes much more sense, right? Who cares if either way rofl flips the town will benefit, right? (If rofl is scum, we lynch scum, high probability of lovers; if rofl is town we get two confirmed innocents).

Did I miss anything there?
Did you read iaun's story? It was a really bad one that looks quite scummy. I also disagree that lynching a townie to get two confirmed vanillas will be very useful, and I disagree that lynching rofl makes more sense. I also note that this is apparently 'OMGZSZZ, LYNCH ROFLLL, SO MUCH SENSZEE' but you're not voting him, despite the mountains of sense you think it makes. Plus, iaun has gone out of his way to make sure that lynching him today won't say anything about rofl. Clearly designed to lynch rofl first (or YOs somehow) which is another reason to vote iaun.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:Wouldn't that depend on how convinced you are of Bridges alignment?

I mean, if you were a vanilla cop and you thought he might be telling the truth, you might want to check it out. But if you're pretty sure he's scum, you don't want to de-rail the bandwagon, waste and investigation, and then possibly have to claim in order to get the bandwagon going again when you find out he's not vanilla; that's a pretty high cost.

I donno, I was pretty sure Bridges was scum myself, I probably wouldn't have wanted to spend an investigation on him if I was a cop if I could just lynch him instead.
But a vanilla cop isn't a very strong role. It doesn't help the town that much because if they hit a power role they get not vanilla and they still don't know if the person is power role or scum.

The best situation for a vanilla cop to be in is investigating a claimed vanilla! Like rofl did with Baltar. Yet with bridges he wanted DEATHDEATHDEATH.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Charter, dear, I am voting rofl right now. Please read the game.
Talk nerdy to me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:57 am

Post by charter »

elvis_knits wrote:Charter, dear, I am voting rofl right now. Please read the game.
Ah yes. That must have been another reason I didn't vote rofl the other night, kmd's slimy vote on iaun was marginally more tolerable than your slimy vote on rofl.

Why are you arguing so hard against a 1for1 scum trade? They probably just need two more mislynches to win, so a 1for1 trade if they get town lynched first seems like a good idea to me.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Charter, address this:
elvis_knits wrote:5)Charter studiously ignores the fact that rofl claimed vanilla cop, a role who seems like it would probably not favor chopping the heads off vanillas as much as rofl did in the case of bridges. No comment about this inconsistency from good ole Charter!
Talk nerdy to me.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

elvis_knits wrote:[
But a vanilla cop isn't a very strong role. It doesn't help the town that much because if they hit a power role they get not vanilla and they still don't know if the person is power role or scum.
I think that the main purpose of a cop is to confirm innocents; in most games, that's the main thing a cop does is confirm a few innocents, and it often wins the town the game. Because of that, I think a vanilla cop is a much more powerful role then the goon cop, which can never confirm innocents. Neither is as strong as a standard cop, but the vanilla cop is still very strong, especially if there are a lot of vanillas in the game.
The best situation for a vanilla cop to be in is investigating a claimed vanilla! Like rofl did with Baltar. Yet with bridges he wanted DEATHDEATHDEATH.
(shrug) It's what I would have done. Even as a vanilla cop, I wouldn't let someone who looked really scummy live just because of a vanilla claim. I'd rather just lynch them and try to set stuff up so I could claim and confirm several innocents later in the game, which helps the town a lot more.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:03 am

Post by charter »

elvis_knits wrote:Charter, address this:
elvis_knits wrote:5)Charter studiously ignores the fact that rofl claimed vanilla cop, a role who seems like it would probably not favor chopping the heads off vanillas as much as rofl did in the case of bridges. No comment about this inconsistency from good ole Charter!
Well, if you thought someone is scum, seems like a better idea to just lynch them than waste an investigation on them. I don't see why you'd go around lynching people you weren't as sure was scum just because they haven't claimed vanilla yet.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:
(shrug) It's what I would have done. Even as a vanilla cop, I wouldn't let someone who looked really scummy live just because of a vanilla claim. I'd rather just lynch them and try to set stuff up so I could claim and confirm several innocents later in the game, which helps the town a lot more.
That's really what you would have done? You wouldn't flinch lynching vanilla when your role has the specific capability of confirming vanilla? And when you don't know how many vanilla are in the game, or how easy it will be for you to pick them out?
Talk nerdy to me.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

elvis_knits wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
That's really what you would have done? You wouldn't flinch lynching vanilla when your role has the specific capability of confirming vanilla? And when you don't know how many vanilla are in the game, or how easy it will be for you to pick them out?
As a cop, any kind of cop, I hate investigating someone who, IMHO, has played badly and looks really scummy. If they're scum, then you wasted an investigation; they would have been lynched without it. And if they're town, then you end up having to claim and our yourself as cop in order to save a vanilla townie who's been playing badly, which is not a good bargain for the town.

So, yeah, I probably would have just lynched B&B in rofl's place. If I suddenly defended him in response to his vanilla claim, and then the next day either defended him hardcore or else suddenly turned around and wanted to lynch him, everyone would have thought I was acting really really oddly, and I would have ended up having to claim no matter what.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:16 am

Post by roflcopter »

elvis, i thought you knew me better than this. would i ever flinch when it comes to lynching the person i wholeheartedly stood behind running up to a claim?

yos has essentially already explained it, but derailing the bridges wagon myself, making an investigation on him and then probably having to out myself to either stop further bridges wagoning or admit that, yes he's scum and sorry i derailed the bandwagon to delay his lynch by a day, seemed like terrible play when i could just lynch him and get on with the game instead.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, I do not think his play or comments in regard to bridges at all suggests that he is a vanilla cop.

I think I would have atleast hesitated to lynch a vanilla, because I would have been worried about targetting someone at night and getting a "not vanilla" result, which is essentially a waste since I wouldn't know if it was pr or scum. So I would have wanted the chance to get a definitive result on someone.

Also, I would have been mindful of the fact that I had a perfect chance to breadcrumb my role, and if I didn't make some comment about vanilla roles, that it would make my role much less believable when I had to claim. And the last thing I want to do as a power role is make myself less believable. Yet, rofl said nothing.

Personally I don't think I would have played it like rofl played it, and I think Yos is defending rofl because if he comes up scum it will strongly implicate him (if he doesn't die immediately from lover suicide).
Talk nerdy to me.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote: c) You are commiting the same problem I pointed out with Yos2. I don't know how you can denounce a Yos2 lynch and in the same breath say you'd prefer to lynch charter or pooky. Either you feel that we should target one of rofl or iam or you don't, I don't like this middle ground that says a Yos2 lynch would be ridiculous but a charter/pooky lynch, which gives us LESS info about the situation at hand, is good.
Well, a Yos lynch is rediculous becuase there is a high chance that once this other situation is resolved, that I will be a 100% confirmed innocent. You don't lynch a confirmed innocent, that's terrible.

So, the choices we have are, do we resolve this today and lynch one of (Iam/rofl), or do we wait a day and see if it resolves itself (by the scum killing one of them, or by one of them screwing up their claim tommorow and getting caught doing so (which could happen with either one of them)), ect.

Those are the options. Either one of those is reasonable; the first gives us more information now, the second means we have a lower risk of lynching one (or two) pro-town power roles. Lynching me, though, dosn't resolve the situation, dosn't prove anything, AND it costs the town the confirmed information the town might get when the situation is finally resolved.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

thesp wrote:Informal poll - who thought before last night that roflcopter was softclaiming role information? (This will be helpful, I think.)
i did! (cue exasperated laughter)
ekim wrote:roflcopter, why did you telegraph that you had some sort of role based info on Yos?
i could feel the tide shifting towards a yos bandwagon and wanted to clamp that down before any time was wasted on it

it occurs to me that there is one possible role which the scum may have felt compelled to roleblock-hunt for over blocking me, but it still seems like a really low probability scenario to have username blocked night one and anyone but me blocked night two
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

roflcopter wrote:elvis, i thought you knew me better than this. would i ever flinch when it comes to lynching the person i wholeheartedly stood behind running up to a claim?
Appeal to emotion, bunny. I know your playstyle is aggressive, and I would not expect you to flinch under normal circumstances, but this is a specific circumstance where your role is directly capable of providing definitive evidence on a guy.
roflcopter wrote: yos has essentially already explained it, but derailing the bridges wagon myself, making an investigation on him and then probably having to out myself to either stop further bridges wagoning or admit that, yes he's scum and sorry i derailed the bandwagon to delay his lynch by a day, seemed like terrible play when i could just lynch him and get on with the game instead.
You could have just unvoted him. kmd did it. If you followed suit wagon could have died, you could have investigated him at night and probably not even had to claim right away. You don't know that the wagon would have come back on bridges. In my experience, wagons that die don't form again too often. It's like the town has already moved on, and they don't want to waste their time doing the same way again.

Pushing for bridges lynch OR claiming the next day were not your only options.
Talk nerdy to me.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

thats just not the way i play. the only role i've ever consciously altered my playstyle for has been doctor.
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”