Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Herodotus »

What are you doing to try to get good reads?

I'm thinking about a 12KB/IAUN scumteam. Your post 69 looks scummy because you may have been hoping that no townies would post during the 36 hours following my post 67. Scum have a good reason to want to get in a post along with their buddy during periods when townies are inactive.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Herodotus wrote:What are you doing to try to get good reads?

I'm thinking about a 12KB/IAUN scumteam. Your post 69 looks scummy because you may have been hoping that no townies would post during the 36 hours following my post 67. Scum have a good reason to want to get in a post along with their buddy during periods when townies are inactive.
My post 69? Or IAUN's?

*checks*

Mine. I see. Well...if I was going to active lurk, I'd do it differently (yes, WIFOM, I know)
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Herodotus »

12KB and IAUN have each pointed a finger at the other, but neither has voted for the other. 12KB's reason for suspecting IAUN is weak, so it looks contrived. I don't otherwise have much of a scummy read on IAUN, but cannot rule him out.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 am

Post by iamausername »

Keyblade, you've been asked several questions throughout the thread, and these questions want answers.

Also, you have one post to demonstrate that you are making any attempt whatsoever to find scum, or I'm hammering.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:20 am

Post by charter »

iamausername wrote:Keyblade, you've been asked several questions throughout the thread, and these questions want answers.

Also, you have one post to demonstrate that you are making any attempt whatsoever to find scum, or I'm hammering.
Heh.
unvote, vote IAUN

We have found our godfather folks. First off, this "deal" IAUN is offering is, to say the least, very scummy. He's pretty much pleading with 12Key to do something and prevent himself from being lynched. Also, it's a way of expressing fake suspicion. Second, I feel IAUN is being somewhat hypocritical, granted 12Key is without a doubt the worst offender of not scumhunting, but IAUN is my second pick with all his active lurking.

It looks like it was just buddying up to Hero from before. Clears up that.

iamausername-godfather
12Keyblade-goon
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Archon »

iamausername wrote:Don't want to break the 36 hour mark, so here's a useless post.

Keyblade needs to post or get replaced already.
The thing I was about to post.
12Keyblade, the next time you go inactive, I will not prod you, but just replace you. Do you understand?

*is enjoying new Zune software*
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:19 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:He's pretty much pleading with 12Key to do something and prevent himself from being lynched.
Yes, because if he is town, he is screwing us by not participating. What do you think I would have done as town? Just hammered Keyblade right there?
charter wrote:Also, it's a way of expressing fake suspicion.
Or REAL suspicion.
charter wrote:Second, I feel IAUN is being somewhat hypocritical, granted 12Key is without a doubt the worst offender of not scumhunting, but IAUN is my second pick with all his active lurking.
If you agree that Keyblade has contributed much less than me, how is it hypocritical for me to say that he is not contributing?

Also, what scumhunting has Zazie done?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Herodotus »

If IAUN and Charter are scum together, then Charter would have to be the GF.
I know that's not terribly useful, but I intend to post at least every 36 hours.
I'm also considering Charter's theory; the problem is I'm uncertain about Zazie being town.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 am

Post by charter »

iamausername wrote:
charter wrote:He's pretty much pleading with 12Key to do something and prevent himself from being lynched.
Yes, because if he is town, he is screwing us by not participating. What do you think I would have done as town? Just hammered Keyblade right there?
No, if you were town, you wouldn't be offering deals. Hammering, discussing with everyone else, really anything else.
charter wrote:Also, it's a way of expressing fake suspicion.
Or REAL suspicion.
No, real suspicion would have been a vote. With your ultimatum, you gave him an out. All he'd have to do is make a post worth posting and then POW, suspicion gone.
charter wrote:Second, I feel IAUN is being somewhat hypocritical, granted 12Key is without a doubt the worst offender of not scumhunting, but IAUN is my second pick with all his active lurking.
If you agree that Keyblade has contributed much less than me, how is it hypocritical for me to say that he is not contributing?
I don't think you're contributing much either. Plus, you make a bunch of posts just to say you're here, don't really do anything in them.
Also, what scumhunting has Zazie done?
Lots. Why do you ask?
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Archon wrote:
iamausername wrote:Don't want to break the 36 hour mark, so here's a useless post.

Keyblade needs to post or get replaced already.
The thing I was about to post.
12Keyblade, the next time you go inactive, I will not prod you, but just replace you. Do you understand?

*is enjoying new Zune software*
*hangs head in shame*

Yes god.
Herodotus wrote:If IAUN and Charter are scum together, then Charter would have to be the GF.
I know that's not terribly useful, but
I intend to post at least every 36 hours.

I'm also considering Charter's theory; the problem is I'm uncertain about Zazie being town.
Hmm...interesting...

Charter-If he is scum, he is the godfather. 6/10
IAUN-Could be anything. 5.5/10
Herodotus-IMO, likely town. Thinking. 4/10
ZazieR-No read due to inactivity. ?/10
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:47 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:All he'd have to do is make a post worth posting and then POW, suspicion gone.
This might be a reasonable point if it had actually happened, but you're treating completely baseless speculation as fact.
iamausername wrote:Keyblade, you've been asked several questions throughout the thread, and these questions want answers.
This is still true.
charter wrote:
iamausername wrote:Also, what scumhunting has Zazie done?
Lots.
This is clearly not true. charter/Zazie looks like a good bet too. I'm liking my vote where it is right now.
12Keyblade wrote:Charter-If he is scum, he is the godfather.
Interesting. What makes you think so?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:22 am

Post by charter »

iamausername wrote:
charter wrote:All he'd have to do is make a post worth posting and then POW, suspicion gone.
This might be a reasonable point if it had actually happened, but you're treating completely baseless speculation as fact.
It's hardly "completely baseless". I've seen bogus deals before (and virtually all of them are) and this was one of them.
charter wrote:
iamausername wrote:Also, what scumhunting has Zazie done?
Lots.
This is clearly not true. charter/Zazie looks like a good bet too. I'm liking my vote where it is right now.
Um, this clearly is true. I'd suggest going back and reading his posts, then reading yours and reevaluating. Your posts are filled with no lynches and posts saying you're alive. Zaz's are filled with questions and are really obviously town.

PROD on Zaz please
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Herodotus »

Why is 12KB not scum?
Are you satisfied with post 84?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Herodotus »

Herodotus wrote:
The Mod wrote:Due to the terrible posting, the win conditions will be changed. On Tuesday the 15th, (THE DAY THE AMAZING AND TOTALLY AWESOME ZUNE HD COMES OUT) the win conditions will allow the mafia to win if all other players are have not posted in the 36 hour period before they are considered inactive. Only one mafia member has to be active in order to win the game. so, if all 3 trapped non-cannibals have not posted in 36 hours each, and one mafia member has, they win the game. I hope this makes it so that you all post a bit more.
Hmm... I wonder, will the win condition for the town be similarly changed, so that if neither mafia member posts for 36 hours, but all of the townies do, the town wins?
@Mod - have you decided on this? Sorry, I bolded it and written "@Mod"
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:17 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:I've seen bogus deals before (and virtually all of them are) and this was one of them.

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

It's not a "bogus deal", because it wasn't a "deal" at all. It was a threat, in order to motivate Keyblade to actually contribute something to the game, and I don't see how you can argue that that's not a pro-town goal. If you'd kept your vote on Keyblade, and waited for his response to my threat, then 1) Keyblade would actually have to post something worthwhile, and 2) you could see if my suspicion would evaporate based on Keyblade posting something relevant. By pre-emptively assuming that it would, you've removed the pressure on Keyblade to actually perform. I'm betting his latest contribution would have been significantly better if he was operating under the threat of a hammer.
charter wrote:Zaz's are filled with questions and are really obviously town.
Asking lots of questions isn't particularly helpful without any kind of follow-up. The only actual opinion Zazie has given is that Hero is scum for worrying that a No Lynch might happen, which is a completely bullshit accusation. Zazie is probably right that there wasn't any real danger of a No Lynch occuring, but Hero's worry being unnecessary doesn't in any way speak to a scum motivation on his part.
Herodotus wrote:Why is 12KB not scum?
I didn't say he wasn't. "charter/Zazie looks like a good bet
too
". As in, as well as the other good bet, which is Zazie/Keyblade, as I mentioned earlier.
Herodotus wrote:Are you satisfied with post 84?
Not particularly. He's still ignoring all questions directed his way, and the ?/10 for inactivity on Zazie is a cop-out; he hasn't posted a lot, but there's still
something
there to analyze.

Nonetheless, I'm less satisfied with Zazie's contribution.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:08 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

ATTENTION MODERATORS AND PLAYERS:

I will be away from Friday 4:00 EST until Sunday 12:00 Noon EST.

Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Archon »

Herodotus wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
The Mod wrote:Due to the terrible posting, the win conditions will be changed. On Tuesday the 15th, (THE DAY THE AMAZING AND TOTALLY AWESOME ZUNE HD COMES OUT) the win conditions will allow the mafia to win if all other players are have not posted in the 36 hour period before they are considered inactive. Only one mafia member has to be active in order to win the game. so, if all 3 trapped non-cannibals have not posted in 36 hours each, and one mafia member has, they win the game. I hope this makes it so that you all post a bit more.
Hmm... I wonder, will the win condition for the town be similarly changed, so that if neither mafia member posts for 36 hours, but all of the townies do, the town wins?
@Mod - have you decided on this? Sorry, I bolded it and written "@Mod"
this can't happen, as the town does not know who the mafia are. nice thought, but sorry.

IAUN, Taking into account V/LA

Zazie is being replaced.
pronounced ark-on
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by charter »

iamausername wrote:
charter wrote:I've seen bogus deals before (and virtually all of them are) and this was one of them.

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

It's not a "bogus deal", because it wasn't a "deal" at all. It was a threat, in order to motivate Keyblade to actually contribute something to the game, and I don't see how you can argue that that's not a pro-town goal. If you'd kept your vote on Keyblade, and waited for his response to my threat, then 1) Keyblade would actually have to post something worthwhile, and 2) you could see if my suspicion would evaporate based on Keyblade posting something relevant. By pre-emptively assuming that it would, you've removed the pressure on Keyblade to actually perform. I'm betting his latest contribution would have been significantly better if he was operating under the threat of a hammer.
I'm not really interested in arguing if it was a deal or threat, it's pretty much the same thing. The way you went about doing it was not protown. I don't see why, because I unvoted him, that stops you from pressuring him. Before you planned on hammering him, but after I called you out on it, you're not even voting him.
charter wrote:Zaz's are filled with questions and are really obviously town.
Asking lots of questions isn't particularly helpful without any kind of follow-up. The only actual opinion Zazie has given is that Hero is scum for worrying that a No Lynch might happen, which is a completely bullshit accusation. Zazie is probably right that there wasn't any real danger of a No Lynch occuring, but Hero's worry being unnecessary doesn't in any way speak to a scum motivation on his part.
Again, false. He's given plenty of opinions. I see you've left out the one where he calls you as scum. Convenient.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Archon »

ZazieR has been replaced. please welcome Joe.
pronounced ark-on
joe478
joe478
Goon
joe478
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by joe478 »

Hi everyone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Hi, Joe. I have a request.
Would you summarize each of Zazie's positions (he's the player you're replacing) and state whether you agree or disagree with each of them?

@Charter
If you think that IAUN-GF was faking his threat/deal to hammer 12KB-goon, why did you interrupt the process? Either IAUN would hammer his goon, which is fine for the town, or he wouldn't, which would reveal that he was faking it, and make it a easier for you to convince us to lynch him. Or 12KB would start playing actively and try to hunt scum (or pretend to hunt scum.)
12Keyblade wrote:
Herodotus wrote:If you weren't scum, you would have more to say.
Maybe I'm town, getting reads and working on who my venge kill will be.
Herodotus wrote:What are you doing to try to get good reads?
Also, do you think it is better to lynch scum on day 1, or to lynch a townie who then vengeful kills scum?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by charter »

Herodotus wrote:@Charter
If you think that IAUN-GF was faking his threat/deal to hammer 12KB-goon, why did you interrupt the process? Either IAUN would hammer his goon, which is fine for the town, or he wouldn't, which would reveal that he was faking it, and make it a easier for you to convince us to lynch him. Or 12KB would start playing actively and try to hunt scum (or pretend to hunt scum.)
Well, I overstated that theory a bit. Once again, IAUN is doing the scummy actions, and it speaks more to his alignment than 12key's. It seems more likely that IAUN is GF and 12Key is goon, but it's also possible that IAUN is scum (either gf or goon) and he's trying to setup 12key. As to why I interrupted this, I got really excited by IAUN's post and unvoted. Probably a better reason to have switched votes would be that the risk of IAUN being scum and 12key town outweighs just lynching 12Key. If 12Key is town, I'm REALLY not confident in his vigging skills.

Welcome Joe.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@Mod
Oops, I meant to say "Sorry, I should have bolded it..."

(And I suppose the fact that it gives the town a breaking strategy is another reason not to allow it :twisted: )

@Charter
Ok... I'll admit that one reason I haven't voted Zazie is because I figured if he was town, he'd more likely misvig than not.
But if we ended up in 3 player lylo, a townie who would have misvigged is about an equal liability, I think.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:07 am

Post by charter »

Well, if we lynch scum today, we can get rid of any liabilities tomorrow, when it's not lylo.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Based on the activity rule for scum, and their activity levels, IAUN and Joe would appear to be pretty confident that Charter and I are not the scumteam. 12KB has the excuse that he's V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”