Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

charter: 2 (elvis_knits, zu_Faul)
iamausername: 2 (Kmd4390, roflcopter)
roflcopter: 2 (iamausername, SerialClergyman)
SerialClergyman: 2 (VP Baltar, Yosarian2)
Kmd4390: 1 (populartajo)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (Thesp)
populartajo: 1 (charter)

Not Voting: 2 (ekiM, PookyTheMagicalBear)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hey, I just had another look at your latest post, yos2, and I'm not liking what you're writing.

You've made it very clear that you think iam is scummy for suggesting lynching you and not rofl.

But you also disagreed with me when I said that on the off chance a roleblocket blocked IAUN N1 and then didn't block rofl N2, the game is essentially done.

These sentiments go against each other. You seem to be arguing for the lynch of a third party, provided that third party isn't you, but IAUN is scummy for suggesting you as a third party lynch.
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote: These sentiments go against each other. You seem to be arguing for the lynch of a third party, provided that third party isn't you, but IAUN is scummy for suggesting you as a third party lynch.
Iamusername is scummy for suggesting lynching me instead of rofl, because me and rofl could both be town, I could be town and rofl could be scum, but rofl and me could not both be scum; if rofl is town, then I must be as well. There is no possible situation where lynching me and not rofl is a good idea.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Iamusername is scummy for suggesting lynching me instead of rofl, because me and rofl could both be town, I could be town and rofl could be scum, but
rofl and me could not both be scum
I can't be scum if rofl is town; if rofl is town, then I must be as well.
I'm going to take a liberty and edit because I think this is what you meant to say - clearly you could both be scum.
There is no possible situation where lynching me and not rofl is a good idea.
Well - this doesn't follow from what you've written. If we were going to lynch one of you and there was some decent chance both of you were town, lynching the claimed vanilla over the claimed cop is a definite advantage.

I rejected that reasoning because I think we aren't going to learn enough from a Yos2 lynch to lynch rofl the next day, if Yos2 flipped town I'd definitely be voting IAUN the next day. (cue argument about mafia roleblocker)

But if you're in favour of a third party lynch, a Yos2 lynch is a possibility, I think.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Thesp wrote:Informal poll - who thought
before last night
that roflcopter was softclaiming role information? (This will be helpful, I think.)

I didn't.
I definitely did think rofl was a PR.

Although I don't think he would have
definitely
drawn the block. Scum might have thought it was more important to block the vig, and gone for whoever their best guess was about that. And it was obv rofl was an info role and not the vig. So... basically, I don't think it's 100% that scum would have tried to block rofl.

Okay, so after thinking about this for the past 24 hours, here is what I think about the iam/rofl problem.

I don't think scum fake claim without significant pressure. Neither iam or rofl had significant pressure (iam when he forced rofl to claim, or rofl when he started softclaiming yesterday). Which leads me to believe they are either:

1)Both telling the truth. Iam was blocked.

2)Rofl is scum, softclaimed/fakeclaimed for a very good reason like Yos is his mafialover.

There is always the chance that something crazy is going on, like scum doing something I don't expect, something that doesn't happen very often. But I like to go with the odds.

So I think if we lynch someone in the iam/rofl camp, it should be rofl. Because I just don't see why iam would stick his neck out like that if he were scum. So he's prob not lying. Unless he's taking some big chances here, running the risk of there being a second jailkeeper (possible but less likely), having to try to fake a power that is testable and unfakable for him. If he's faking jailkeeper, we will catch him.

So we don't lynch iamausername.

I see where iam was going with lynching Yos because he thinks that rofl and Yos are almost certainly mafialovers. I agree with him on this... I think they probably are mafialovers if they're scum. But I think we have to lynch rofl because if we're wrong we get two confirmed innocents, which saves that from being a total loss.

I seriously am contemplating lynching someone outside of the iam/rofl problem because I do think it's possible that they're both town and iamausername was blocked. But it's probably smarter to go with an rofl lynch because there is a lot for us to gain either way: dead scum/scum lovers, or two confirmed innocents.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG

I just had a seriously awesome revelation (if I do say so myself).

Rofl was all about the bridges lynch, even after he claimed vanilla. Which made sense to me at the time... I agreed. But if his role has the specific ability to detect vanilla, don't you think he would have wanted to check bridges instead? Or possibly wavered since he knew he had the specific ability to prove bridges right or wrong?

ROFL: Why did you favor lynching vanilla bridges if you have the ability to check vanilla status?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I wanted to post yesterday already, but the server was down for me.

A Yos2 lynch would be very bad right now in our position. A rofl/IAUN lynch would always be better. I am not going to explain it again, some other players already did that well.

I would also vote charter and pooky over both of those. They are both lurking hard and my accusations against those two still stand. I can't make out if any of iaun/rofl are lying. I had them both as rather townish and I feel more certain with charter and pooky.
elvis_knits wrote:If he's faking jailkeeper, we will catch him.
This is not necessarily true... he could always fake one-shot Jailkeeper.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:46 am

Post by populartajo »

Busy times in my office. If things dont get sorted out here in the next tow days, Im sadly going to ask for a replacement. Hope not.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

elvis_knits wrote:OMG

Rofl was all about the bridges lynch, even after he claimed vanilla. Which made sense to me at the time... I agreed. But if his role has the specific ability to detect vanilla, don't you think he would have wanted to check bridges instead? Or possibly wavered since he knew he had the specific ability to prove bridges right or wrong?

ROFL: Why did you favor lynching vanilla bridges if you have the ability to check vanilla status?
Good point. Interested in Rofl's response.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:05 am

Zu is making me go against a Xyl townread, and Elvis is withering my stand against a Xyl townread.

That was a good point, elvis.
I'm old now.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:17 am

Post by zu_Faul »

SerialClergyman wrote:Zu is making me go against a Xyl townread
Why?

Tag fixed. - Mod
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 am

a) you hammered in the middle of a discussion I was having with Xyl.
b) Your reaction to the claims is underwhelming for something that has totally blown the minds of people I think are town and forces a heavy decision.
c) You are commiting the same problem I pointed out with Yos2. I don't know how you can denounce a Yos2 lynch and in the same breath say you'd prefer to lynch charter or pooky. Either you feel that we should target one of rofl or iam or you don't, I don't like this middle ground that says a Yos2 lynch would be ridiculous but a charter/pooky lynch, which gives us LESS info about the situation at hand, is good.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:46 am

a) you hammered in the middle of a discussion I was having with Xyl.
b) Your reaction to the claims is underwhelming for something that has totally blown the minds of people I think are town and forces a heavy decision.
c) You are commiting the same problem I pointed out with Yos2. I don't know how you can denounce a Yos2 lynch and in the same breath say you'd prefer to lynch charter or pooky. Either you feel that we should target one of rofl or iam or you don't, I don't like this middle ground that says a Yos2 lynch would be ridiculous but a charter/pooky lynch, which gives us LESS info about the situation at hand, is good.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:OMG

Good point. Interested in Rofl's response.
I hope rofl doesn't take forever... again.

We will have to bring out hungry hippos.

I call pink.
Talk nerdy to me.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

/orange
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 am

Post by ekiM »

Poll response: I absolutely thought rofl was claiming a power role at the end of yesterday.

I don't see any reason anyone other than rofl or iam should be the lynch today. We have to resolve this situation, and I'd rather it be now than tomorrow when it might be LYLO.

This makes me feel good about that:
VP Baltar wrote:
Thesp wrote:I'm not convinced this is an either/or situation as you have put it.
I pretty much agree with this. I've been thinking about it quite a bit today, and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable pursuing SC's stance of lynch away and assume one of them is lying. The ramifications if you are wrong could be game over.
And this is disingenuous:
VP Baltar wrote:
Thesp wrote:Informal poll - who thought
before last night
that roflcopter was softclaiming role information? (This will be helpful, I think.)

I didn't.
I didn't. I've seen several games where rofl plays his "this person is town" game. He does the same thing when he calls people scum too (and often to good accuracy from what I've seen). So, no, I figured he was just playing his usual gut style.
"thats a very narrowminded view of what could possibly cause me to change my opinion between the end of day one and the beginning of day two"
"i was under the impression that xyl had understood the implied message the first time i told him to stop voting for yos, but apparently the tidal wave of people who demand more explanation has emboldened him to go ahead and pretend he doesn't catch my drift either."

... are close to straight-up claiming to have extra info.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'll take green.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Who will take yellow? Then we can start hippos.

I really really want to know what Yos is going to say about whether or not he thought rofl was a PR after yesterday.
Talk nerdy to me.

zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:52 am

Post by zu_Faul »

BTW: I thought rofl was a PR.
SerialClergyman wrote:a) you hammered in the middle of a discussion I was having with Xyl.
I announced that way before. Xyl had time to say whatever he wanted. I won't let you stall the game. He answered your question. There was no sign anyone of you would add anymore.
OMG WE SHOULD ALL PANIC! THE END IS NIGH!

(also, I don't take the "people I think are town" as any point whatsoever from any living player).
Lynching Yos is bad, because lynching rofl would be superior, because of the amount of information, while still "risking a confirmed innocent".
Therefore, if I don't want to lynch any of rofl/iaun right now, Yos also falls out og the lynchable list.

Charter and Pooky don't have anyone claiming them to be CI.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think this is probably best:

unvote; vote roflcopter

I still want to hear him answer my question though.

In other news... revised scum list:
rofl
yos
pooky
charter
(more?)
Talk nerdy to me.

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am

Post by mith »

Mod Note:
charter has been prodded. Will be looking for a Pooky replacement if he hasn't posted in the next 24 hours or so.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

elvis_knits wrote: I really really want to know what Yos is going to say about whether or not he thought rofl was a PR after yesterday.
Well, I thought he might be hinting that he was a PR with an innocent on me, or else that he might have just had a really strong town read on me. I was leaning towards power role, which is why I was so annoyed at SC for rolefishing.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by charter »

Ouch. Let me read up.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by charter »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i think kmd/iam/baltar are nice picks for scum.

and charter.

but mostly because he's charter.
:(
I find 1202 by ekiM to be the scummiest post of day three (which is what I'm comprehensively reading in this post). I don't think it's possible to cook up a bigger waffle than that post.
ekiM 1214 wrote:I think iamausername is trying to tell us something.
unvote;
Vote: roflcopter.
That he is your scumbuddy? I find this to be quite the contradiction to your post 1202 where you totally waffled on rofl's softclaim, but now that IAUN softclaims, it immediately becomes protown, and you vote for rofl. SC does this as well.

No, no no. Do not like 1275. First off, I don't understand why your choice is guaranteed to do good, as you portrayed it would. I can definitely see the argument of blocking a scumkill, but you can't seriously think that you'd save rofl as well. Also, his reasoning for lynching yos before rofl is pretty bad.

VOTE IAMAUSERNAME

I do not like any of those defending IAUN's claim. First off, it's HIGHLY advantageous for scum to counter a role if they can get the real powerrole lynched. All this talk of IAUN wouldn't have the balls as scum, is total baloney. Second, Yos is right with his preachings that IAUN left himself multiple outs with his lynch Yos first plan, and it was a scummy suggestion. Third, I find EK incredibly suspect. After all this talk, she talks a lot about how IAUN's actions don't make sense or whatever, but no votes from it, she's voting me, a pointless vote. Fourth, I find SC scummy as well. Sixth, I am pretty damn sure EK is IAUN's buddy with this bizarre way she is going about his claim. Last, I think SC is their buddy too.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Charter went from fourth to sixth. Def scum IMHO. I am moving house for a few days with no net access, so I'm limited with what I can post. If you don't see me too much over the next couple of days that's why.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”