Newbie 113 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 7:11 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Hmmm. I'm finding the third votes very interesting at this point. Usually scum are more likely to put on 3rd votes, avoiding the killing blow on a townie. And at this point I wouldn't *expect* a scum to be on their fellow teammates' bandwagon, so in theory these pairs should be unlikely:
EYNH-Kain, Tamuz-Kain, Flay-LML, Stam-LML, big_k-LML, Stam-Kain. Interestingly this still leaves the possibilities I mentioned in post 58, with regards to LML. If he's pro-town, I'd lean more toward EYNH and Tamuz, as they seem to be agreeing an awful lot.

That said, I have a hard time eliminating possible scum at this point. LML is still acting scummy in my eyes, but Kain has been awfully erratic and jumpy, especially since he started accumulating votes again. That might be newbie jitters, or it might be a scum's nerve breaking. Stam still worries me, a bit, and EYNH's "LML might be scum, but not for the reasons Flay says, even if he is scum" seems like a distancing tactic.

Will read/write more tomorrow. Trying to reinstall my computer at present.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 7:12 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Hmmm. I'm finding the third votes very interesting at this point. Usually scum are more likely to put on 3rd votes, avoiding the killing blow on a townie. And at this point I wouldn't *expect* a scum to be on their fellow teammates' bandwagon, so in theory these pairs should be unlikely:
EYNH-Kain, Tamuz-Kain, Flay-LML, Stam-LML, big_k-LML, Stam-Kain. Interestingly this still leaves the possibilities I mentioned in post 58, with regards to LML. If he's pro-town, I'd lean more toward EYNH and Tamuz, as they seem to be agreeing an awful lot.

That said, I have a hard time eliminating possible scum at this point. LML is still acting scummy in my eyes, but Kain has been awfully erratic and jumpy, especially since he started accumulating votes again. That might be newbie jitters, or it might be a scum's nerve breaking. Stam still worries me, a bit, and EYNH's "LML might be scum, but not for the reasons Flay says, even if he is scum" seems like a distancing tactic.

Will read/write more tomorrow. Trying to reinstall my computer at present.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon
Location: Anywhere inconvenient and always positioned to trip you.

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by Kain »

I making a role claim now because according to the polls I'm not very popular and very close to dieing. I am a townie. I strongly urge all that are voting for me to reexamine the reasons why you are voting for me. I realize that ENYH is voting for me becuase I FOS LML and he thinks I was trying to get him lynched. If I was trying to get his lynched I would have voted for him. But I need to make it very clear to everyone that I did ask LML to explain himself before I did anything other than FOS him. Mr. Flay made a case against LML that seemed to point out some contradictions that LML had made- therefore I FOSed him. I realize that Tamuz is voting for me becuase I FOS ENYH here but I did it becuase he was basing his vote on poor logic. Mafia generally benefits more from poor logic than the town doesa dn therefore it was reasonable to be suspicious of a person that submits to poor logic against another player.now it wasn't enough for me to have a cause to vote for EYNH but it was reasonable enough for me to FOS him. Now concerning Stam's vote on me- everything he has said on me is based purely on speculation and there's no basis or fact for any of it. I maintain my suspicion against him and my vote stays on him. If die and everyone then knows that I am a townie I urge you to investigate Stam. In closing again I didn't see the vote count posted earlier on the page and I thought I was doing everyone a favor by asking for it.I also want to note that the mod didn't even give me the vote count I asked for. Think about what I have said and reread what everyone has said and hoepfully yall will see my points are valid.
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Hemm... LML missed a chance to kill Kain, maybe he was too busy... but he didn't take such an opportunity (as did flay and Big_k). I'm not saying they should have, I'm just saying we should keep that in mind if any of the aforementioned/Kain turn out being Mafioso.

Kain, I placed a second vote on you, not a third one... rethink a little bit. And I hate, hate, hate retaliatory attacks. Period. #1 newbie mafia tactic, attack who is attacking you. Not defend and move.

Just because I thought Stam was feeling bad, doesn't mean I can't also look at others... I mean if we lynched people switching views Flay should be 6 feet under, multiple times.
I have nothing against you questioning his action, it was weak.However, I didn't like it, simple...eh? So I chose to vote for you and see what happened, and as you see... we have a reaction, even though Stam chose to force your hand a little more than I wished, but it works; we *are* getting new info, aren't we?-- no more stagnating pool.

Oh, and
unvote
even though the 3 who could kill kain have bypassed such a chance
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2005 7:40 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Tamuz wrote:Hemm... LML missed a chance to kill Kain, maybe he was too busy... but he didn't take such an opportunity (as did flay and Big_k). I'm not saying they should have, I'm just saying we should keep that in mind if any of the aforementioned/Kain turn out being Mafioso.

Kain, I placed a second vote on you, not a third one... rethink a little bit. And I hate, hate, hate retaliatory attacks. Period. #1 newbie mafia tactic, attack who is attacking you. Not defend and move.

Just because I thought Stam was feeling bad, doesn't mean I can't also look at others... I mean if we lynched people switching views Flay should be 6 feet under, multiple times.
I have nothing against you questioning his action, it was weak.However, I didn't like it, simple...eh? So I chose to vote for you and see what happened, and as you see... we have a reaction, even though Stam chose to force your hand a little more than I wished, but it works; we *are* getting new info, aren't we?-- no more stagnating pool.

Oh, and
unvote
even though the 3 who could kill kain have bypassed such a chance
So, you'd rather me vote someone who I'm not quite sure is scum yet?

I'm just reading posts and generating ideas. 2 of you have really seemed scummy to me. And, neither of them are currently flay. So,
Unvote Flay and FoS: Tamuz and Stam
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2005 7:41 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Oh wait... he claimed townie?

Bah, Kain. I was all set to defend you.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Stam »

You were set to defend Kain?
Up until now you completely ignored the bandwagon on Kain.
You didn't say anything for or against it.
As if it didn't exist.
There are only two explanation I can think of for why you were doing that.
One possiblity is that you are a townie and you thought Kain had some power role. In this case, now you have no excuse, and I still don't see why you didn't say
anything
about Kain.
The other much much more likely possibility is that you two are working together and you try to defend Kain by diverting the discussion back to you.
Anyway, I want to hear the defence you claim you were all set to make.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 3:06 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:Hemm... LML missed a chance to kill Kain, maybe he was too busy... but he didn't take such an opportunity (as did flay and Big_k). I'm not saying they should have, I'm just saying we should keep that in mind if any of the aforementioned/Kain turn out being Mafioso.
It's a good thing to keep an eye on, but remember that scum have to go through at least two days to win. They can't afford a quick-lynch on Day One, which is why I think the "don't-put-a-second-vote-on-meeeee!" tactic is a little weak.

But yes, I think the fact that Kain is as suspicious as he is, and yet no one took the 4th vote, is interesting. Ditto for LML, though I don't think all of the players who *could* vote for him, have been on, yet..
Tamuz wrote:Just because I thought Stam was feeling bad, doesn't mean I can't also look at others... I mean if we lynched people switching views Flay should be 6 feet under, multiple times.
*laugh* Thanks, good to know I'm still sufficiently paranoid. :P
LoudmouthLee wrote:Bah, Kain. I was all set to defend you.
Where did this come from? You can't possibly have had an investigation yet in a newbie game, so even if you're a cop, you've got no more knowledge than anybody else at this point (unless you're scum). With what would you defend him?

I'm content with either LML or Kain today...but my vote stays on Lee for now.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:47 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I think that Kain/LML is a legitimate mafia pair. The two have been relatively uninvolved in the bandwagons on the other: Kain FOSed Lee but did not vote for him, and Lee did not even recognize the attacks on Kain until he claimed townie. And this post somewhat confuses me:
LML wrote:Oh wait... he claimed townie?

The fact that the phrase "vote: kain" does not follow immediately after this post interests me. Lee doesn't defend Kain, because he claimed townie, but he's also not jumping on the bandwagon. He's continuing to simply ignore the bandwagon on Kain. A gigantic
FOS: LML
, but I'll keep my vote on Kain. If we lynch one of these and they turn out to be mafia, I highly reccomend that the cop (if we have one) investigates the other.

I have more to add to this, but I'm in school and this class just ended, so I'll most likely post more at around 4 PST. (And this time I mean it! :P )
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 am

I think that Kain/LML is a legitimate mafia pair. The two have been relatively uninvolved in the bandwagons on the other: Kain FOSed Lee but did not vote for him, and Lee did not even recognize the attacks on Kain until he claimed townie. And this post somewhat confuses me:

The fact that the phrase "vote: kain" does not follow immediately after this post interests me. Lee doesn't defend Kain, because he claimed townie, but he's also not jumping on the bandwagon. He's continuing to simply ignore the bandwagon on Kain. A gigantic
, but I'll keep my vote on Kain. If we lynch one of these and they turn out to be mafia, I highly reccomend that the cop (if we have one) investigates the other.

I have more to add to this, but I'm in school and this class just ended, so I'll most likely post more at around 4 PST. (And this time I mean it! :P )
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:51 am

prinny, dood
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 10:18 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well, I didn't he was mafia. I will, however,
Vote: Kain
now.

I have no problem lynching him. I just didn't fing HIM to be particularly scummy. I have already told you who I believe is scum..

I'll tell you right now. I'm not mafia. I don't think Kain is mafia. I think that Stam's acting VERY scummy. But, the bandwagon is squarely on me. That's fine.

I was set to defend Kain because I though (with the way he was posting) that he had a power role. I didn't see that he calimed townie until after I made my first post.

I'm also NOT planning on claiming (unless I'm told different by the town). I'd rather keep my role a secret. You can look at that any way you want.

Regardless, I'll vote for Kain if you think he's the right lynch.

I'm going on record to say... I don't think he is.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 12:51 pm

Post by Tamuz »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
I'm also NOT planning on claiming (unless I'm told different by the town). I'd rather keep my role a secret. You can look at that any way you want.
Oh I so want to vote you just for that, seems to me like a fake "I have a role, don't shoot!".... However, I"m not sure of myself in regards to you, so I'm not going to close your coffin.

Oh, and earlier you said "So, you'd rather me vote someone who I'm not quite sure is scum yet?". My response to that is nix, as shown in my original post "I'm not saying they should have"

kk?

Do we have another 2-way triple vote get-up again? With me as the decider this time rather than stam.... ignoring people switching off their bandwagon to the other.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 3:15 pm

Post by Kain »

Shesh the noose tightens again! 3 votes on me again!lol....I have several key things to point out to
LML AND EYNH
especially.

A:
LML has apperantly no good reason as to why he is currently voting for me.Odd eh? I will now quote him and point out what I believe are some problems with what he has said.
LoudmouthLee wrote:...
Vote: Kain
now.

I have no problem lynching him. I just didn't find HIM to be particularly scummy. I have already told you who I believe is scum..

I'll tell you right now. I'm not mafia. I don't think Kain is mafia. I think that Stam's acting VERY scummy. But, the bandwagon is squarely on me. That's fine.

I was set to defend Kain because I though (with the way he was posting) that he had a power role. I didn't see that he calimed townie until after I made my first post....

Regardless, I'll vote for Kain if you think he's the right lynch.

I'm going on record to say... I don't think he is.
Point A1:
LML claims he is not scum. This seems wierd to me because isn't it obvious that we all are claiming to not be scum without verbalizing it?

PointA2:
It doesn't make sense to vote for someone who you don't think is mafia even if alot of the town thinks that he/she is. If you stoop down to that level then you are settling for mediocrity and helping the mafia win. I am sure that the mafia is rejoicing that one suppossed townie(LML) has adopted the attitude of " well I don't think he is mafia but I am going to vote to lynch him because it seems everyone else is." The town needs to kill mafia to win, not townies-so to you LML I say your action is not very good in the intrests of the town at all.

LML I am very suspicious of you now. Will you explain your actions/statements to us all and why they are logical and in the interest of the town?

Point B: ENYH'S TURN

I just wanted to point out to you a few things that have occured since you posted last.let's quote you first.
EnterYourNameHere wrote:I think that Kain/LML is a legitimate mafia pair. The two have been relatively uninvolved in the bandwagons on the other: Kain FOSed Lee but did not vote for him, and Lee did not even recognize the attacks on Kain until he claimed townie. And this post somewhat confuses me:
quote]

EYNH for crying out loud how many times do I need to explain why I FOSed LML and didn't vote for him? Your repitative accusations over that one action of mine are simply antagonistic and should be flashing red lights for everyone. Again I say I FOSed LML because Mr. Flay made some points that seemed to point out some contradictions that LML made. I Fosed him because I believed that Mr. Flay might have been correct in his accusations, but I wanted to hear LML's explanations on it.LML defended himself sufficent for me not to vote on him. This whole issue makes me even wonder if you are reading all of the posts that have been made by me. You know the posts where I am defending myself again and again over the same issues that you keep on bringing up EYNH. Seriously everyone especially you EYNH go back and actually read the information over this issue and decide if what I am saying makes logical sense or if what EYNH here is saying. I want logic to rule- logic benefits the town more than it does the mafia! I point a serious
FOS
on you ENYH for continuing to attempt to bandwagon me on that arguement against me concerning my FOS on LML. Your arguement is getting old and weaker and weaker.

Oh by the way If I'm lynched( and by the way fellow town members I feel like you've been giving me like zero support. I mean it'd be nice for someone to actually go back and read oh I don't know maybe from the begining and do some research and acctually see why I'm innocent over all the commotion that has been happening to me) for this at least everyone will know then that I was innocent. By the way COP( if we have one) I serious suggest an investigation on Stam and EYNH now. I believe that they are the most likely mafia members out of everyone here.Oh yes EYNH -LML/Me doesn't make for a good mafia combo as you have suggested- LML has put his vote on me and last time I checked mafia never vote for mafia. They lose that way.
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 3:30 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Actually, mafia are perfectly willing to join on a lynch for their scumbuddy, provided it looks like there is no other way out. It provides them a defense the next day when they can say "look, see, I voted for the scum!"

LML, I don't understand you. If you're 'claiming' an ambiguous power role, you're gonna be targeted by the mafia, right? And if you're claiming something you're not...well, I leave that as an exercise for the reader.

I'm still not sure if Kain is a frustrated townie or a panicked scum, but I'm 75% willing to switch to him now. However, that may partially be because I'm going out of town and don't want to see the game stall. I'll probably vote Kain in the morning if no one has any further burning questions...
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mr. Flay wrote:Actually, mafia are perfectly willing to join on a lynch for their scumbuddy, provided it looks like there is no other way out. It provides them a defense the next day when they can say "look, see, I voted for the scum!"

LML, I don't understand you. If you're 'claiming' an ambiguous power role, you're gonna be targeted by the mafia, right? And if you're claiming something you're not...well, I leave that as an exercise for the reader.

I'm still not sure if Kain is a frustrated townie or a panicked scum, but I'm 75% willing to switch to him now. However, that may partially be because I'm going out of town and don't want to see the game stall. I'll probably vote Kain in the morning if no one has any further burning questions...
Flay, I'm doing this for a reason. Mafia 101. I may have a power role. I may be a townie trying to get the mafia to waste a kill on me. Keep 'em guessing.

As for Kain, I
STILL
don't think your scum (although, you are pressing my buttons :) ) It makes sense, in my case, to vote for you. To be honest, I feel like I know who the two scum are, and I've verbalized that in the thread. However, I need to realize that the day becomes stagnant and long after a while. My scumdar is good, but by no means is it perfect. You could easily be scum, and it's VERY easy for scum to claim townie. I assumed you had a power role (by certain little idiosyncratic things in your posts), and you may *still* have a power role, even if it's scum.

My vote for you is based not on you, but on the other players. They all seem relatively sure your scum. I'm still unsure. The majority of you seem to continue to think I'm in everyone's scum pair. I repeat myself (and, by that, being rendundant) as someone pointed out because, in a Newbie game, it's VERY difficult to differentiate who's scum and who isn't.

The majority of the FOSes on me are based on the fact that either...

1) I didn't lynch Kain

Answer: I don't think (and STILL DON'T THINK), he's mafia. But I've been wrong before, so I'm willing to go against my better judgement.

or 2) I FOSed only one person when there are 2 double voters at the beginning.

Answer: I explained this. I messed up. Sorry. You all wanna lynch me for it? You can. It's a mistake.

I hereby ask the cop (being that there is one out there), to investigate me tomorrow. If that doesn't prove my innocence, I don't know WHAT will.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 4:50 pm

Post by Kain »

Well it looks like I will be lynched tommorow due to Mr. Flay's willingness to vote for me-Seriously everyone that is protown look(as in go back and READ!!!!!!!!) at what has caused this all and you will see my innocence. This whole fiasco started with a justifiable FOS I made on LML. After you lynch me and your stuck with two mafia it serves you all right! I say this because I am just really annoyed with all of you right now because none of you are doing your homework on this all! In other words I really wish you'd all go back and read how this whole thing started. It seems like NONE of you have read. If any of you had gone back and seriously read what caused all this comotion around me you'd be supporting me not lynching me. Cop seriously investigate Stam and EYNH. Oh by the way if reason and logic is used and I survive the lynch and then I get shot in the night still investigate Stam and EYNH.
Oh yah and LML am I "pressing you" because I am pointing out some possible scummish behavior on your part? And Mr. Flay that's simply illogical to desire to switch your vote to me if any of the reason behind it is a desire to not see the game stall up because you are leaving town. I'd rather the game stall anyday than see the mafia avoid the lynching that they deserve.

And Yah Mr. Flay I'm a frustrated townie because all I see around me is a bunch of people who aren't going back AND READING what has been said! Mafia generally benefits from poor logic not the town! I'm asking for you all to go back and use logic when reading what has occured- you will see that I have been bandwagoned for lousy reasons.

LML and ENYH how about you answer my questions I have brought up about your actions in my previous post? I'm tired of people ignoring the valid points I bring up-
all I want is an explanation that's all. Logic will prevail in the end for the town.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kain, I'm still trying to see what your argument is in favor of your pro-town nature. You keep telling us to go reread, but what specifically do you think points up your innocence? Maybe I'm just having a hard time following you...

I'm not going to vote you "just to get the day done", I was merely saying that my gut tells me either you or LML right now, and the longer you sit at 3, the more statistics bear me out. So I'll wait, for now, and see what happens.

Lee: I don't know what voting for Kain under duress does for you, except a) give you an alibi when/if he comes up townie, or b) give you an alibi when/if he comes up scum. The point remains that you only did it when people started commenting on it, which is a *crappy* way to play the game (letting other people dictate your actions). I know you're better than that...

By the way, the last time I asked the cop to investigate me, I was scum...just FYI. :twisted:
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:13 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mr. Flay wrote:Kain, I'm still trying to see what your argument is in favor of your pro-town nature. You keep telling us to go reread, but what specifically do you think points up your innocence? Maybe I'm just having a hard time following you...

I'm not going to vote you "just to get the day done", I was merely saying that my gut tells me either you or LML right now, and the longer you sit at 3, the more statistics bear me out. So I'll wait, for now, and see what happens.

Lee: I don't know what voting for Kain under duress does for you, except a) give you an alibi when/if he comes up townie, or b) give you an alibi when/if he comes up scum. The point remains that you only did it when people started commenting on it, which is a *crappy* way to play the game (letting other people dictate your actions). I know you're better than that...

By the way, the last time I asked the cop to investigate me, I was scum...just FYI. :twisted:
Flay, I did it to *prove* a point.

The town, currently, is willing to lynch me NO matter the action I choose. I could be Mother Theresa and you (collective town) would find something wrong with the way I helped the homeless.

Honestly, I feel that the scum in this game right now is overvocal players. I believe, currently, that everyone is seeing something in Kain that I
didn't
. Now I do... and it was in the last post.

Kain, here it goes.

I went and ANSWERED every question you had in your previous post. Did you just NOT READ my post? You consistently tell everyone to read, when you, yourself, are not. So.. I'll just quote what I wrote for you. Maybe, next time, you'll read.
As for Kain, I STILL don't think your scum (although, you are pressing my buttons ) It makes sense, in my case, to vote for you. To be honest, I feel like I know who the two scum are, and I've verbalized that in the thread. However, I need to realize that the day becomes stagnant and long after a while. My scumdar is good, but by no means is it perfect. You could easily be scum, and it's VERY easy for scum to claim townie. I assumed you had a power role (by certain little idiosyncratic things in your posts), and you may *still* have a power role, even if it's scum.

My vote for you is based not on you, but on the other players. They all seem relatively sure your scum. I'm still unsure. The majority of you seem to continue to think I'm in everyone's scum pair. I repeat myself (and, by that, being rendundant) as someone pointed out because, in a Newbie game, it's VERY difficult to differentiate who's scum and who isn't.

The majority of the FOSes on me are based on the fact that either...

1) I didn't lynch Kain

Answer: I don't think (and STILL DON'T THINK), he's mafia. But I've been wrong before, so I'm willing to go against my better judgement.

or 2) I FOSed only one person when there are 2 double voters at the beginning.

Answer: I explained this. I messed up. Sorry. You all wanna lynch me for it? You can. It's a mistake.

I hereby ask the cop (being that there is one out there), to investigate me tomorrow. If that doesn't prove my innocence, I don't know WHAT will.
I hope that reansweres your questions (which were....)
Point A1: LML claims he is not scum. This seems wierd to me because isn't it obvious that we all are claiming to not be scum without verbalizing it?

PointA2: It doesn't make sense to vote for someone who you don't think is mafia even if alot of the town thinks that he/she is. If you stoop down to that level then you are settling for mediocrity and helping the mafia win. I am sure that the mafia is rejoicing that one suppossed townie(LML) has adopted the attitude of " well I don't think he is mafia but I am going to vote to lynch him because it seems everyone else is." The town needs to kill mafia to win, not townies-so to you LML I say your action is not very good in the intrests of the town at all.
With that, you're just looking to move the heat off of you and onto me.

I feel like you're more and more scummy now.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Post by Kain »

Mr. Flay- sigh here we go again- this all started with of course as I have mentioned my FOS on LML. I was jumped on for that by I think TAMUZ ( i think it was him) anyway I preceeded in my posts to defend why my FOS on LML was justifiable and not deserving of a vote. Then I was very critical of Tamuz I think because he said something that seemed very weak in logic to me - to which EYNH here got on the bandwagon to lynch me. His main point was that it was suspicious that I had FOSed LML instead of voting for him. Again I say in my defense that I wasn't going to vote for somone until he had a chance to explain himself. Apperantly the lesson to learn here is that the newbie game is full of people who don't believe in questioning somoenes motives, FOSing them and then allowing them a chance to eplain themselves. So i think i pretty much gave a short summary of the whole fiasco- the alst couple posts have just been posts in my defense mostly it seems about the whole EYNH's repeating arguement against me. I'm still not sure why Stam is voting for me. I'm still waiting for a reply from him. I'm still confused at to why EYNH is still voting for me because it seems his original beef with me was witht he whole FOS on LML and apparently he doesn't accept my answer of " I wanted to allow him the option to defend himself against my FOS which was based on some points that MR. Flay brought up on like page 1 or 2. And Mr. Flay concering who is mafia I highly suggest you study out what EYNH and Stam have done- especially Stam. I think that Tamuz isn't scum I can tell you that much - it seems to me that he wouldn't have taken his vote off me if he was.
And finally Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm getting so tired of having to explain myself I think it might almost be a relieve to get lynched so I don't have to do any more of these super long posts trying to help everyone understand my innocence! I'm even almost tempted to vote for myself.Shesh! lol oh well!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 8:10 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Sorry I haven't been contributing much to this game.
I like my vote on LML and think he and EYNH make the best pairing of scum w/ the reasons metioned already and since they didn't touch each other w/ a ten foot pole early in the day, kinda avoiding each other.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2005 8:53 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

big_kahunia wrote:Sorry I haven't been contributing much to this game.
I like my vote on LML and think he and EYNH make the best pairing of scum w/ the reasons metioned already and since they didn't touch each other w/ a ten foot pole early in the day, kinda avoiding each other.
Big_K, I expect more out of you. Please read my most recent posts.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2005 12:33 am

Post by Stam »

Kain,
I still think that the most likely pair is of you and LML.
It best explains both your behaviors.
Also, your tendency to accuse everyone who votes for you looks very scummy to me.
If you are indeed a townie, though, I want to tell you that I totally understand what you are going through. It is really hard defending yourself under such a pressure. I will give you the advice Mr. Flay gave me then - don't give up! Keep defending yourself and keep trying to search for the mafia for as long as you are still alive in this game.
I will now try to give you the opportunity I wasn't given and
unvote
, at least for now.
I want to see some more of how you behave with less pressure on you.
I will try to open my mind to possibilities other than the LML/Kain pair.
big_K, I want to hear more about your LML/EYNH theory or any other theory anyone might have.
My only problem with this is this is that day 1 is taking too long already, but I think we do need to explore other directions.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Kain »

Thanks Stam I appreciate that- very kind of you.Yah I realize I"ve been throwing my FOS around alot Stam, but it has of late gone on those that have voted for me. Now a vote in itself isn't a bad thing, but a vote for lousy reasons is. I felt very strongly that the votes on me were for lousy reasons, based mainly on an attempt to Bandwagon me by EYNH I think. I think that I've presented a very logical case as to why Tamuz(possibly why he took his vote off me), EYNH, And Yourself( possibly also why you took your vote off me) should not vote for me. Wow!! I think this is the shortest post I've done in a long time.....I almost feel wrong to not have quote somebody. LOL!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2005 11:50 am

Post by Tamuz »

Big_k's lurking is really starting to get on my nerves

In the last 20ish posts he has 2... I repeat 2, neither of them really say anything at all.

That being said, Big_k & LML are my #1 and #2 suspects at the moment. Flay and Stam are close followers... Flay because he seems to have alot of control, and he is wielding it. Which I don't really like. Stam because of my gut feeling, not enough to say much about though.

Maybe I think he is mafia because he was last time I played with him :P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”