populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by populartajo »

Ugh, I was writing a nice lovely freaking post and then freaking windows update thought it would be a good idea to restart my computer. Its 0152 am here and Im tired as hell so Ill summarize my thoughts and comment on them with the promise of expanding on them during the week.

First, I dislike Pooky's overraction to pressure voting. My vote was in no way a omg diescumdie vote. My vote was clearly post or perish. Also I dont like how you want us to tell you what to talk about. I mean wtf.

Second, kmd is prob scum. He is using the wrong reason to suspect Pooky. (Pooky is scum for lurking) How the hell can you diferentiate Pooky lurker town than Pooky lurker scum?

Third, the Baltar wagon has its merits but I think people are suspecting Baltar for the wrong reasons which makes me want to reread him, the case against him and decide the fate of this avenue. This day, some of the points against him are weak. For example, the impression I got from yesterday was that the Xyl wagon was not produced by a baltar wagon derailment. Xyl himself was the one who deactivated the wagon by a)trying to switch it to Yos and b)looking super scummy. Serial argument considering Xyltown must mean Baltarscum is something I also dislike.

All the people that voted Baltar over Xyl. Why was Baltar more scummy than Xyl? Why did you have a town read on Xyl?

Fourth, still disliking kmd soft accusation against elvis scumlist.

Fifth, the rolf wagon is full of fail. Im pretty confident rolf is town in this game. The guy is so easy to read as scum and Im pretty sure he is not scum in this game. Serial is quickly losing the slight town impression I got from him yesterday.
Mike wrote:I was under the impression that softclaiming is pretty scummy. Tajo softclaimed in Lynch All Lurkers and was forced to claim tracker (he was scum), although that was slightly different as he literally said "I have something I will pull out if I get more pressure on me, lay off".
Softclaiming is pretty scummy when its produced by pressure. My case on LAL is a pretty good example of pressuring a fullclaim. Now, in this case, first, rolf wasnt under pressure and second, I dont see a scum motivation to softclaim as rolf did.
ekiM wrote:I don't really see the pro-town motivation for saying stuff like that when you had very few votes on you, though. I can't see the scum motivation for it, either though. And we can't ask rofl why he did it without basically asking for a claim, which is obviously not great.
Basicallly this.
iam wrote:I have reasons to believe that rofl does not have the role he has been soft claiming. HINT HINT.
Im not buying this. But optymal play is fullclaim from both of you. Now.

Also, charter give me something to defend from. You are prob town so I wouldnt like to waste time with you but Im ready to answer anything you want.

In other news, Id like a kmd wagon while we solve this iam-rolf thing.

Vote: kmd.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:01 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

roflcopter: 3 (ekiM, iamausername, SerialClergyman)
charter: 2 (elvis_knits, zu_Faul)
Kmd4390: 2 (populartajo, roflcopter)
SerialClergyman: 2 (VP Baltar, Yosarian2)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (Kmd4390)
populartajo: 1 (charter)
VP Baltar: 1 (Thesp)

Not Voting: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:16 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Pooky gets away with everything. :cry:

@KMD: Weird, the only times you mention my name is in those lists; if I am so scummy as you claim, why have you neither told anyone before nor told any reasons as for why I am this high in that list.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

populartajo wrote: Second, kmd is prob scum. He is using the wrong reason to suspect Pooky. (Pooky is scum for lurking) How the hell can you diferentiate Pooky lurker town than Pooky lurker scum?
There are two different kinds of lurking. There is the inability to keep up with a game, which is a nulltell. Then there's strategical lurking. Having the ability to post thoughts, but not doing so. I see Pooky, who has been around a while, doing this, and consider it scummy.
zu_Faul wrote: @KMD: Weird, the only times you mention my name is in those lists; if I am so scummy as you claim, why have you neither told anyone before nor told any reasons as for why I am this high in that list.
Gut.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree, Pooky is a bad boy.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:20 am

Post by iamausername »

Hey, Yos, question while we wait for rofl; why is it that when KMD says that elvis was scummy because he thought elvis was scummy earlier, that was horrible and scummy reasoning, but when elvis says that I am scummy because she thought I was scummy earlier, you don't seem to have a problem with that?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Can you confirm that you have a guilty (or equivalent similarly damning evidence) on rofl?

You wouldn't need to claim if you don't want to. You could still be a number of roles, not even limited to cops.

I don't see how that would hurt.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 am

Post by iamausername »

ekiM wrote:The reason roflcopter should claim first is that roflscum could modify his claim to match what info iamatown has, but I don't see how knowing rofltown's claim would help iamascum cook up plausible false info to implicate rofltown.
elvis, do you disagree with this point, and if so, why? If not, why are you trying to get more information about my role before rofl has claimed?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I just want to know that you are not forcing him to claim because you don't think he has the role you think he's hinting... or something like that.

I don't see how it would be giving anything away.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I also don't see why you need to keep it a secret if you have a guilty on him before he claims. If he's scum, he's scum. If you just want to watch him fake claim for fun... I don't see the point in that. It's just holding us up at this point.
Talk nerdy to me.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Thesp »

I want to see roflcopter claim first.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 am

Post by ekiM »

I want to see roflcopter claim first.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Thesp »

Copycat.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah cause waiting is so fun.
Talk nerdy to me.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Let's play hungry hungry hippo!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

/in
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:59 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Open hippo's mouth
I'm old now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by roflcopter »

this shit got complicated while i was away

anyway, i'm a vanilla cop. vanillas: yos, baltar

yos i thought was scummy enough day one to check out, had he scanned non vanilla i would have been on his back day two ready to pounce at the first sign of fake vanilla claim, but instead i got the innocent confirm. baltar was an easy decision, as with his claimed vanilla i could actually use my ability like a normal cop.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Seems pretty solid.

Iam, any reason to believe Rofl is lying?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Can't find anything particularly wrong with the claim, apart from nitpicking that it was al ittle weird that he investigated VP rather than someone he thought was scummy.

Rofl, did you have a specific breadcrumb saying who you were choosing for your N1 action? Yes or no is fine.
I'm old now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

no breadcrumb before going to night one, but i did make my suspicion of yos clear when responding to claus d1. as for baltar, i agree with everything said about the fact that the xylwagon seemed to have saved his bacon on purpose and thought the same thing, i was expecting to get nonvanilla on him, but it was not the case
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Interesting. I thought that this was a breadcrumb:
yos case: the timing of his bab vote makes him extremely unlikely to be a bridges scumpartner, but otherwise also a solid case.
i'd want to do my own investigation into yos-meta.
when bridges flips scum yos will fall neatly into the all-but-confirmed town pile along with several other players.
Hence why I found it suspicious yos2 brough up a breadcrumb when I had been talkign about softclaiming. (My theory ran that you had explained to your mafia group that you were fakeclaiming some form of cop and that you'd laid this breadcrumb)

Also this is why I said to Xyl at the end of yesterday that the chances of you being a townie who was overvaluaing a read was almost zero, you're either a PR or scum.

And also hence why Ojenen's flip of goon cop made me more suspicious, because I thought you would have to be claiming cop of some kind with the word investigate in your breadcrumb (not necessary, but you know, it makes a lot more sense than a tracker investigating). I know there could be another goon cop or a full cop or whatever, but the chances of having another goon cop or even a full cop were lessened for me. A vanilla cop does actually make sense though.

So saying the breadctrumb wasn't a breadcrumb changes my perceptions and your answer to the why VP question is fair. Your claim has actually been pretty solid.

(I really hope iam hasn't said something while I've been writing this ><)
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok. I'm not contradicting rofl's claim; I am a vanilla. I guess we'll wait and see what VP says, and then see if iamusername is going to counterclaim or whatever.
iamausername wrote:Hey, Yos, question while we wait for rofl; why is it that when KMD says that elvis was scummy because he thought elvis was scummy earlier, that was horrible and scummy reasoning, but when elvis says that I am scummy because she thought I was scummy earlier, you don't seem to have a problem with that?
It's a little different. I asked KMD why he voted Elvis, and his only reason was "becuase I suspected her yesterday", which isn't actually a reason at all; it looked more like he was using consistancy as a defense in lieu of actual pro-town reasoning for a vote that seemed bad to me, and that seems scummy; it wasn't just that he used that as a reason, it was that he didn't seem able to come up with any other reason.

Elvis basically just said "I'm not going to trust Iamusername over Rofl without a claim, because rofl seems town to me and iamusername seems scumy". That seems like a perfectly reasonable statement to me.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm still vanilla, Yos. I mean, I guess if rofl was scum he'd know I wasn't lying yesterday and it would be a safe bet to have me as his investigation, but that seems over complicated unless iam has some new info we should know about.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote: Hence why I found it suspicious yos2 brough up a breadcrumb when I had been talkign about softclaiming. (My theory ran that you had explained to your mafia group that you were fakeclaiming some form of cop and that you'd laid this breadcrumb)
The "breadcrumb" I was talking about was the same thing as yoursoft "soft claim". Rofl basically said "Yos is town, don't vote him". I consider that kind of thing a breadcrumb, it's a (strong) hint about what information you get, designed so that people will notice it if you die and come up as an info role. I don't really consider that a "soft claim", since he was talking about his information and not his role itself, but it's really just a semantics thing.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”