Mini 188: Texas Holdem Mafia - GAME OVER!

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2005 9:23 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I do still think it’s a mistake to focus on Iammars’s claim before everyone else posts (and Iammars is most guilty of causing this to happen). But because of his restriction I wanted to make sure this I asked something, before he might use up another post by responding to Thesp. So if Iammars is already going to be elaborating, I’d like to also know what the connection is between his role and his hand, since I can’t see any.
Compare:
KJ -> Kojak -> cop.
72 -> beer hand -> [Iammars’s ability]

Mod:
It’s past Wednesday, and I wouldn’t say that posting’s picked up. Can we have prods, particularly for Quagmire?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2005 9:41 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

blech- think I lost a post, and am too tired to rewrite. Sorry if this doubleposts. Basically:
Iammars: Whenever you do respond, also say what the connection is between your role and your ability. But watch your postcount.
Town: Don’t focus on Iammars to the point that others get ignored.
Mod: Can we get prods, particularly of Quagmire?
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 2:27 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

I'm just going to put this out there too. I've been suspicious of Iammars since his first post when he said that he had the all in mechanic. He's been claiming with little more than a FoS on him, seems like he hopes that we'll go "oh, he has a good town ability."

I wanna see what everyone else thinks, but I am glad to see i'm not the only person who finds this behavior suspect.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 5:06 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Doubleblech- that was an awfully long time for a post not to show up.

Moreover, I misanalyzed. (I was afraid that a relevant relative chipcount scenario existed. If Iammars used up his 5 posts, he couldn’t go all-in. If a lurker had < 5 chips, they couldn’t go all-in against him. However, this morning I realized how foolish this strategy would be for the mafia. Those would become so suspicious that the fact that they wouldn’t be able to all-in each other wouldn’t be applicable: they would be susceptible to all-ins other players, simply being lynched, and would still have to deal with all-ins the following day.) That’s what I get for posting so late.

Anyhow, I retract what I said in [100/101] about t being a mistake to focus on Iammars.
Unvote: Quagmire
Vote: Iammars
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 8:13 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, I'm incredibly suspicious of Iammars now.

Why? Check out his posts. In his first, he mentions the All-In mechanic as being in his role specifically, despite being 2/7o (The worst hand in Hold 'Em) which you would never go all-in with without seeing a 2/7/7 flop or something similarly ridiculous. It's plausible that he auto-loses an All In... except he's denied that possibility (in effect) in his third post, by saying his role is very similar.

Secondly, his first post was mostly reasonable - an OMGUS vote, and a simple description of his restriction, along with a promise to try to make his posts count. He then says he's not sure what his ability is (wtf?), which is rather strange.

His second post is - get this - only six words. Seems a tad ridiculous to me that, on the same day that he told everyone that he would be careful with his posts, he wastes one completely. This is very suspicious, to say the least.

Thirdly, in his third post, he claims that we should be very suspicious of the last person he attacks that doesn't get lynched - currently, a player who isn't even in this game.

I'm sorry, but I feel that Iammar's play makes almost literally no sense. I can't shake the feeling that he's making stuff up as he goes along (the SV comment screams to me of him pulling a name out of nowhere in an attempt to sound sincere, but with him accidentally naming a player from a different game), and I know from experience that scum're far more likely to do this than good guys.

Confirm vote: Iammars.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 8:46 am

Post by Iammars »

This is a post to clear up everything! I wil nost post for the rest of today until we are close to the lynch.
Full roleclaim (and why I hated getting the posting restriction today!):
I am the beer hand (72 unsuited). Originally, I thought that the all-in was mentioned in my role, but it is actually another night choice that I have. It is important for you to know this. If I die tonight, then probably Bamboomancer is scum (I randomed him, sorry about the SV comment, I was thinking of Rock'em Sock'em). If I don't, then Bamboomancer is innocent. How would I know this? I get to buy them a beer (Beer hand? Anyone?). Despite being called the Beer Hand, I do not know anything about the drinks.
Oh, and the six word post, I'm better at posting restrictions I make up. This one, however, is my second mod assigned post restriction.
I'll be away for the weekend, not that it matters.
Go catch scum!
(Oh, and Thesp, maybe you are something like AK or a pair. None of those would mention suited. you keep those no matter what 9or at least I do))
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 10:54 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I don’t think I understand Iammars’s ability, but with only 1 post left I really doubt he’ll be able to clear away suspicions. I have a lot of problems with his last post- he hasn’t mentioned whether or on who he used this ability last night. He seems to be trying to make the least, not the most, of the few posts he has. I’m ready to move on to pseudovote discussion.

I’m not confident of chip totals, but I believe that Quagmire has fewer and Dranko and kristocker have the same amount (4). I suppose Dranko’s the next most suspicious, but that doesn’t mean much since Quagmire hasn’t contributed at all. My pseudovote would depend on whether Quagmire will post/be prodded/be replaced.

And I guess it’s too late for my good hand/bad hand idea- if it mattered, the mafia aren’t going to admit to it at this point.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 12:07 pm

Post by Dranko20 »

I am following Aeyln's points exactly, I re-read and feel exactly the same way.

unvote (if voting) Vote: Iammars

now, I'm wondering one thing. if he can't post anymore, does that mean no going all-in? I don't like this. because, for one thing, if he can't go all-in against anyone, then we can't test him. And he has a low chip count anyways.

I want to ask the mod if he can still go all in, but he if he answers that question, then we'll know about his posting restriction, and how real it really is.

Either case, Im confident hes scum.
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 12:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Dranko, we can always ask somebody to go all-in on Iammars. Most of us have more chips than him. Also, I'm a little worried about your "I'm confident Iammars is scum" comment-certainly you have at least a little doubt, right?

I'm not completely certain Iammars is scum. He seems to be claiming a "hider" type role. That is, Iammars can choose to hide with person A each night. If A is scum, Iammars dies. If A is innocent, then Iammars can't be targetted directly by scum, but Iammars dies if scum targets A. If Iammars has this type of role, then he probably didn't make a night 1 choice, since he didn't want to randomly hide with scum. (There's probably a better name for this role, I know that it was used in Sangreal Mafia under the name Pilgrim and has been used in other games).

That said, I don't like how Iammars is using the role-he'd be better off trying to confirm innocents, and not revealling his choices beforehand. Among other things, Iammars shouldn't be trying to kill himself off! His current method makes Bamboomancer a better target for scum tonight, since they could possibly kill two people in one shot.

I am worried about the SV comment; I just got finished playing a game (Newbie 107) with Iammars where he made a similar sort of inattentive mistake and turned out to be scum. That's enough to make me vote for him, except that he currently has four votes on him, and we only need 6 to lynch. We should probably start discussing if we want somebody to go all-in on Iammars (or for Iammars to go all-in on somebody).

We could probably use a few things from the mod, so can we have a
vote count
and also could you
prod Quagmire
? It's been 10 days since he lasted posted in this thread, and I know he's been on mafia scum during that time period.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 2:32 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

can we get a vote count before we make a decsion?

its hard for me to beleive that scum would get such a hard role to play. and the connection of the beer and the drinks being bought makes me think that he is telling the truth.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 6:27 pm

Post by Thok »

Thok wrote:That's enough to make me vote for him, except that he currently has four votes on him, and we only need 6 to lynch.
Silly me, I forgot about rajrhcpfreak's double vote, which gives us 12 votes total today. It's 7 votes to lynch, not 6. In that case, I'll
unvote Dranko, vote Iammars
to put him two from lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 5:42 am

Post by Quagmire »

Once again, sorry for not posting. I will now become active or you can kill me and eat my heart.

First off, I still don't get Iammars's claim. What do you do? If you get lynched, you get to buy someone a beer or kill them because they're mafia? Please explain your role better to me, although if I can make sense of it, I could probably believe it. Since you're two away from a lynch, I'm not going to vote for you until more "for-sure" evidence is brought up against you.

But if I am voting for anyone,
Unvote.

Now, I'm curious: Have we gone over what mafia hands would be? If Iammars actually is what he says he is, I would actually be inclined to vote for him because to be completely honest, the mafiosos would be one of three things:
1) Really bad hands (because I'm a pretty good hand/on the town's side)
2) Non-hands (like the people themselves), or
3) Completely random hands are chosen to be mafia

and right now, my gut feelings lean towards 1 because like I said, I'm a pretty good hand and I'm a townsperson.

But excuse me if I forgot. I didn't read the entire thread; I skimmed some parts and only read page 3 and after. So I may not remember things on page 2 or before.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 7:53 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

So far, most of the "playable" hands that I've seen (Myself and KJ) are town, so I think the mafia is crappy hands and that's why they lose against an all in player. That's just my guess.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 10:32 am

Post by Quagmire »

Bamboomancer wrote:So far, most of the "playable" hands that I've seen (Myself and KJ) are town, so I think the mafia is crappy hands and that's why they lose against an all in player. That's just my guess.

...And with that rationale, Iammars would be mafia.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 10:34 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Vote Count:

iammars- 5 (Aelyn, Thesp, Emptyger, Dranko, Thok)
Bamboo- 1 (iammars)
Dranko- 1 (Kristocker)

Not voting (5): Bamboo, Maximus, rajrhcpfreak, quagmire, rajrhcpfreak

7 to lynch.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 10:47 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Chip Count

Bamboo - 14
Emptyger - 13
Thok - 11
Aelyn - 8
Thesp - 8
rajrhcpfreak -8
Dranko - 7
Maximus - 5
Iammars - 4
Quagmire - 4
Kristocker - 4

Please keep in mind, posting is integral to mafia.
I have 3 people waiting to the wings, so, if you're near the bottom (and don't have a reason), you WILL be replaced.

GET POSTING!
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 11:12 am

Post by Thok »

I'd need to see at least a couple more hands before I believe the poor hand equals mafia theory. I've also suggested that a nickname determines a person's role. (For example KJ=Kojak was a cop).

To help with that, I'll provide the following List of names of poker hands, courtesy Wikipedia.

As a disclaimer, I doubt that this list is comprehensive. For example, it lists 7-2 generically as the beer hand, but I've also seen Iammars usage of limiting the Beer Hand to 7-2 unsuited only.

Of course, some of the other nicknames for 7-2 unsuited listed on the site (Deadly Teddy Lee, The Hammer) don't help Iammars case.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 11:46 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

I'd be voting for Iammars if that didn't put him one for lynch.

He has one post left, let's let him have it. Then I think we should lynch him.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
kristocker
kristocker
Goon
kristocker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 1:57 pm

Post by kristocker »

I too am willing to vote for Iammars, but want to allow him the chance to speak. I said earlier that the only real way for a 7/2 hand to win is if the flop is 7/7/2 or some other unlikely sequence of numbers against another bad hand. And it does seem that the town was blessed with better hands than that. Therefore, I second the request that Iammars use his last post of the day to tell us why a 7/2 hand is pro-town.
[size=84]And before we kill, me just want say one ting├óÔé¼┬ªDis one small swing for croc, one giant blow for croc-kind.[/size]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 2:57 pm

Post by Thesp »

EmpTyger wrote:So if Iammars is already going to be elaborating, I’d like to also know what the connection is between his role and his hand, since I can’t see any.
Compare:
KJ -> Kojak -> cop.
72 -> beer hand -> [Iammars’s ability]
Good question.
Thok wrote:Also, I'm a little worried about your "I'm confident Iammars is scum" comment-certainly you have at least a little doubt, right?
Dranko always plays like this. Of course, the people he's always "certain of" being scum tend to be townies, but it's not out of his playstyle. :razz:
Bamboomancer wrote:So far, most of the "playable" hands that I've seen (Myself and KJ) are town, so I think the mafia is crappy hands and that's why they lose against an all in player. That's just my guess.
Sounds like a good guess.
Thok wrote:I'd need to see at least a couple more hands before I believe the poor hand equals mafia theory. I've also suggested that a nickname determines a person's role. (For example KJ=Kojak was a cop).
And on this nickname note, we shouldn't be claiming hands unless we have to.
Thok wrote:Of course, some of the other nicknames for 7-2 unsuited listed on the site (Deadly Teddy Lee, The Hammer) don't help Iammars case.
I'm far more likely to think he's one of these, and used his actual hand for the claim and used a different nickname. To be entirely honest, I'm not sure what he'd say for me to think someone else would be a better lynch for today.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i just checked my role and i relized that the better hands would be pro town. i am inclined to beleive that Iammars would be mafia. and with my double vote i am willing to lynch him soon. but i would like for him to make his final statement in his fifth and final post.

Now i dont know if we already know this... but if we go all in on Iammars and he is mafia and we vig him. is the day over or do we continue. i may have overlooked that part of the game.
Show

raj's to do list:

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 5:45 pm

Post by Thesp »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:i just checked my role and i relized that the better hands would be pro town. i am inclined to beleive that Iammars would be mafia. and with my double vote i am willing to lynch him soon. but i would like for him to make his final statement in his fifth and final post.

Now i dont know if we already know this... but if we go all in on Iammars and he is mafia and we vig him. is the day over or do we continue. i may have overlooked that part of the game.
We keep going, and try to lynch someone else. :D
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 6:02 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

now that i think aobut it when someone goes all in, the better hand wins. if a protown went all in agisnt a mafia then the mafia would be out. even more reason for Immars to voted out.

should we get some people with less chips to go all in to keep the chip count fairly even? since we are pretty certin about Iammars, then we should use the all in factor of the game. wose case scenario is that we loose a lurker and we have confirmed that Iammars is innocent.
Show

raj's to do list:

Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 6:15 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

Dude... I totally already said that at least twice. Doesn't anyone read my posts? I contribute... :(

Second, We should go through those lists and pick out what sounds scummy. I can tell you my hand's nickname is on that list.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

mine too, its going to be hard now. because the mafia is going to know who to watch out for. luckly my hand is pretty solid with the double vote confirming my innocence. if you dont know waht it is, if i ever claim it will make perfect since.

sry i didnt see the post. some of those post i had to read quickly because of graduation and senior trips. but now we need to fiqure out who needs to go all in. or who is willing? and if some of them arnt willing then we know who to vote out after we vig Iammars
Show

raj's to do list: