veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 am

Post by veerus »

err, duh. i knew that

good call on protecting charter, RV.. though i do find it a bit odd that no one vaccinated him on N2.. luckily that worked out
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

charter wrote:Actually, Shotty, why did you lie about who you protected? Did you think you were the only scientist or what? (I thought I was the only one)

I would have claimed what you actually did, claiming what you claimed just nailed your coffin shut.
I had a very different idea of the set-up then there actually was and I did believe I was the only scientist. I figured my targets weren't going to save me, I was in a tough spot because of my D2 play so I shuffled my targets in case I survived. The vaccination on you N1 gave me a more plausible reason to agree with you on D2, so I was covering for my own mistakes I suppose. I assumed the scum decided not to infect because I didn't really expect KC to suicide if she were scum and I didn't want to tell her that I'd used my shot on her already. RV picked up on my gamble apparently which was a damn good thing. I wasn't really happy with my play this game, but it seemed to work out in the end.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:46 am

What was the goal with trying to vaccinate me KC? Clear me by letting everyone know scum was on my case? 3 Scientists was definitely unexpected, I thought there would be two max but I wasn't really counting on that. The way the role worked I didn't expect more then 2 since your vacc's could clash. I assumed we had a guard and just got unlucky on N1, but the set-up turned out to be quite interesting.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:55 am

charter wrote:Also, I think it's pretty odd how none of the scientists protected themselves.
At least for me I felt that I was in a balanced point where I wasn't town enough to infect on N1 but I wasn't really suspect either so I didn't think I needed to vaccinate myself, I was trying to save it to wifom scum with in a claim situation. It seemed like we were all operating under the assumption of solo scientist, I know I did until I thought I was going to die I took a gamble and didn't share my true targets. Solo scientist didn't really benefit as much from vaccinating themselves since it has a dual-effect if it goes to someone else so that pretty much cinched it for me.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

What I'm also interested in are the reasons for BM's fakeclaim and back-off. Obviously, the discussion after BM claimed helped in finding scum, and I wonder who charter and Shotty would have vaccinated if BM hadn't admitted he was fakeclaiming (I already had on Night 1).

BM, did you suspect more then one scientist?
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

Shotty to the Body wrote: Solo scientist didn't really benefit as much from vaccinating themselves since it has a dual-effect if it goes to someone else so that pretty much cinched it for me.
Agree with Shotty here.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:05 am

Sorry for the spam. >.<

Overall I really liked the mechanics and it all stitched together rather well, I guess I agree with stacking the town so everyone wouldn't try to abandon ship but I think the scum were definitely short-handed here and the D1 lynch almost sealed it for us with 3 scientists in the mix.

If I were going to improve upon the game I agree with charter, make it smaller, and with KC, drop most of the PRs. This is just off the cuff but I would do something like 8 people, 2 scum, a subject with his immunity and one without, and a lone PR on top. Grab some players that aren't going to try and get infected as town and it would be a tough game, but lots of fun.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:08 am

Rally Vincent wrote:What I'm also interested in are the reasons for BM's fakeclaim and back-off. Obviously, the discussion after BM claimed helped in finding scum, and I wonder who charter and Shotty would have vaccinated if BM hadn't admitted he was fakeclaiming (I already had on Night 1).
I was going to vaccinate BM, was planning that the whole day until he told us he was fake-claiming. I think he backed off the claim when he realized he was going to get vaccinated since he didn't want that.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Regarding Shotty recruit attempt: I was trying to balance who I thought could most use the "free day," with who was unlikely to blow it somehow.

Basically I was torn on whether Shotty was a better lynch or a better recruit.

(It was a "free day" not just because I don't believe a player would be lynched on the weak theory of just now being recruited, but because I thought ani was done for.)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:22 am

Post by charter »

Rally Vincent wrote:What I'm also interested in are the reasons for BM's fakeclaim and back-off. Obviously, the discussion after BM claimed helped in finding scum, and I wonder who charter and Shotty would have vaccinated if BM hadn't admitted he was fakeclaiming (I already had on Night 1).

BM, did you suspect more then one scientist?
Assuming we lynched Shotty instead of BM, probably Replacement.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:07 am

Kelly Chen wrote:Regarding Shotty recruit attempt: I was trying to balance who I thought could most use the "free day," with who was unlikely to blow it somehow.

Basically I was torn on whether Shotty was a better lynch or a better recruit.

(It was a "free day" not just because I don't believe a player would be lynched on the weak theory of just now being recruited, but because I thought ani was done for.)
Would've been tough, but I think I could've wriggled out of it with you as confirmed scum.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I may have miscalculated that a bit (i.e. the inclination of the town to go after the most recent recruit), but I still think that the town would believe there was still an original scum out there, and that it was probably ani.

Doctors could have complicated that though.

What do you think: ani's death implicated me; would my death have implicated ani? I tend to think so.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I knew we should have infected RV instead of charter.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:34 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

In hindsight pretty much anyone else would have been better.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:01 am

Hard to guess I lied about my vacc and another sci would pick up on it though.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Right. With the info we had I think it was the best move.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 am

Hindsight is 20/20.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Since someone asked: Both tests subjects were immune to infection, although it never actually mattered.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by charter »

Xylthixlm wrote:Since someone asked: Both tests subjects were immune to infection, although it never actually mattered.
I asked. I wanted to know what you had actually given the town in terms of power. However, I'm not sure telling test subjects is any detriment to the town, I don't think scum would ever risk targeting a claimed test subject. I would be interested in running this game being run again. I know I asked you about it being put in mini form shortly after the marathon game, and I'm glad it happened. Why didn't you put a guard in the setup Xyl?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

If I had known there were 3 doctors I would definitely have been willing to target a claimed test subject. Especially since things weren't going too well.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Since someone asked: Both tests subjects were immune to infection, although it never actually mattered.
I asked. I wanted to know what you had actually given the town in terms of power. However, I'm not sure telling test subjects is any detriment to the town, I don't think scum would ever risk targeting a claimed test subject. I would be interested in running this game being run again. I know I asked you about it being put in mini form shortly after the marathon game, and I'm glad it happened. Why didn't you put a guard in the setup Xyl?
Guard was intended as a red herring; I never actually considered putting one in. The role list was pretty much designed to maximize WIFOM, and actually having a guard wouldn't be very WIFOM-y. ("Oh, someone got incinerated, must be a guard!") If I did put one in I'd have to reduce the flavor so that you couldn't tell if a kill was an infection or a guard kill.

I don't think I'm going to be running another sequel - when I do feel like modding another game I'll probably want to try something different - but anyone who wants to pick up the idea and run another is welcome to do so.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 am

Post by MeMe »

last post