California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Bagel Eating Cowfrog »

Gaspar wrote:Of course the scums made Krew the Adovcate. I had a strong suspicion they would. I think Krew should be pulled after approximately 48 hours, unless the other players on camera request that we get rid of him sooner.
I 100% agree with this. Right before he went on-camera, he said something about a cult, knowing he'd be quickly pulled On Camera and not be able to explain what the heck he's talking about. I, personally don't trust him, as I don't think any of his actions this entire game have been oriented towards helping the town.

-Cow
dahill+hascow+Shanba
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

mith games don't have cults. I don't recall ever seeing one.

-DGB
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 am

Post by sottyrulez »

He also said that a cult was “enabled” which suggests to me at least that it wasn't there from the start of the game. How would a cult come from a good choice? I think they are just throwing it out there to further confuse us and distract from a KY Krew lynch.

- Sotty
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

curiouskarmadog uses the Assistant Director ability to fire MafiaJin.
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:48 am

I have to admit, KY Krew is doing a good job trying to freak us out and exploit his status as virtually-confirmed scum. I would take everything he says with a grain of salt and remember that it will all be WIFOM (assuming he is scum in the extremely likely case that he is). Obviously, On Camera people shouldn't choose a door until Talilan's put back there and can help them out much more. Hopefully, the info given to the advocate will be more straightforward than what KY Krew said.

I'd like hewitt, TBTKM, sottyrulez, starkiss, thesp, etc. whoever else wasn't Off Stage yesterday to post their thoughts.

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Gaspar wrote:Of course the scums made Krew the Adovcate. I had a strong suspicion they would.
Why would scum pick obvscum as their advocate? How does that work to their advantage? Sorry if I'm a little slow.

CKD fired MafiaJin. MafiaJin gave us his choices to comment on today. Was there some agreement that CKD should fire MafiaJin anyway?

-DGB
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Talilan »

Goof, because they didn't want to give the advocate information to a townie, and KY can blatantly do his best to make the town make the wrong decision with no consequences since he's getting lynched anyway.

I am pretty sure ortolan has already asked mith, and we do NOT get the advocate information when we switch.

Ortolan had a post pre-prepared so if KY was the advocate we could quickly stunt in before KY could pick a door. Damn time zones foiled us again.

At this point I see no reason to stunt in in a hurry. We have a classic game of WIFOM to play and we should watch and try and figure out some good advice to take on stage. The lynch is already decided.

Tal (at work, more later)
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Yeah, Talilan hit the nail on the head. With a known scumbag choosing Door One immediately, we really can't make ANY guess as to whether he chose a good door or a bad door. So, basically our Scene Two decision really IS a 50/50 crapshoot, unless anybody else has a bright idea. It was the obvious play for scums to mkae, DGB.

Over the next day or three, I'm going to re-read Dau 1 post-Scene-One and see if I can realign some of my thoughts and feelings. My top suspects are still mostly intact.

Also, I'm trilled about CKD being the Director now. I am MUCH more confident of his towniness than MafiaJin's, obviously, though I don't suspect MJ quite as much as I used to.
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Oh great, the exact situation we were talking about comes up (i.e. advocate learns which door is bad) and KY krew goes and blows it totally out of the water by picking one of the doors he didn't have info on (except, wait. He probably does, because he's probably scum.)

I want him stunted back so we can lynch him.

As for the decision, well it is now total WIFOM.

-Shanba
dahill+hascow+Shanba
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Talilan »

I'm a bit surprised at the reactions frankly. It was blatantly obvious KY Crew was going to get made the advocate. And yes, we intended to stunt in before he chose a door because doing so still fixes us at 2/3 odds of winning even without the information he has.

Clearly KY Crew did have SOME information about which the correct door was. Advocates need to have SOME information, and look here:
KY Krew (178) wrote: have been given information that my charity was greatly helped by getting rid of Door 3.
He may or may not be lying here. But if you think about it, knowing the state of ANY of the doors to begin with means you can guarantee a win (if you're town). If you know the state of one door and it's the right one, you just pick it and tell the town to stay. If you know the state of one door and it's the wrong one, you pick it. The host has to close the other wrong door which is guaranteed to leave you on the correct door if you switch.

So, basically

- KY Crew had information about the state of at least one of the doors
- Having information about the state of at least one of the doors or even just simply being automatically told which is the correct one both guarantee one can pick the correct one and will know which is the correct door.
- KY is scum
- KY will have chosen a door in an attempt to WIFOM as much as possible, or simply chosen randomly.

I conclude that the best course of action for town is to attempt to use a provably random measure to pursue a mixed strategy of 2 (switch)/1 (stay). Because you win 2/3 times when switching and 1/3 times when staying. But KY Crew knows this and will have countered it. This means we need a random number generator which will generate switch two thirds of the time and stay one third of the time. Mixed strategy allows us to fix our odds and also prevents horrible, horrible WIFOM over what we should advocate. I predict scum will get more of an advantage over town as they can avoid dropping scum-tells, already knowing which the correct door is. So yes, any ideas on a random facilitator?

Also: no-one died overnight. I suspect possibly making the wrong decision enables night-kills.

I also have no idea why ckd fired MafiaJin (particularly with that timing).

- ortolan
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by Talilan »

Remember that not everyone is completely clueless - it's likely that scum know which door is right and which is wrong. I'd like to see the decision play out and people give their reasoning, rather than use a random generator. I don't think going random will improve our chances of getting the decision right, but going random could deprive us of the information players give out as they make the decision.

Also, my gut/crap-shoot/wanna see if I'm right later pick: We should stay with Door 1.

~Talitha
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:12 am

What if we run up enough votes for KY Krew to get lynched here.

When we decide the time is ripe, Talilan stunts KY Krew to die as soon as he crosses from on-stage to off-stage.

The lynch will seal the choices. Or does than deprive Talilan of a vote when that hydra is catapulted in? Is that the down side?

-DGB
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 am

With Mighty Orbots on stage, we have no means to send audio. With zwet dead, we have no means to send pictures. I checked the OP's, and the Director of Photography is "?"

Does that mean we are effectively cut off from on-camera?

-DGB
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Thesp has been appointed the new Director of Photography.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Talilan »

GoofballsAndBaloons wrote:What if we run up enough votes for KY Krew to get lynched here.

When we decide the time is ripe, Talilan stunts KY Krew to die as soon as he crosses from on-stage to off-stage.

The lynch will seal the choices. Or does than deprive Talilan of a vote when that hydra is catapulted in? Is that the down side?

-DGB
Don't worry, he'll definitely be lynched when we stuntman him off-stage today. There's no need to hurry it.

Unlike Talitha my gut actually says he will be double-bluffing and thus we should switch as per usual :P

I'm also curious as to what people's thoughts on random v.s. non-random are.

- ortolan
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 am

I'm also curious as to what people's thoughts on random v.s. non-random are.
I don't think it's particularly important, tbh.

-shanba
dahill+hascow+Shanba
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 am

I'm suspicious of how a mega-lurking player slot like Thesp ended up with the responsibility of Director of Photography. Is this a random choice or is someone behind it? If someone is behind it my paranoia will rise to the stratosphere.

-DGB
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:08 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'm not sure why Thesp was picked, but I believe the assistant producer role is an innocent role. (If my understanding of the positions on the first page is correct.)
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 am

No, it says "alignment unknown."

-DGB
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 am

Post by sottyrulez »

^ Zach
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

The alignment of the assistant directer is unknown.

The alignment of the assistant producer is innocent. (But we don't know who it is either.)

-Zachrulez
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:11 am

sottyrulez wrote:The alignment of the assistant directer is unknown.

The alignment of the assistant producer is innocent. (But we don't know who it is either.)

-Zachrulez
Hmmmph. You're right. What a weird, weird choice, though.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 am

Post by PJ. »

Why exactly would Thesp be a weird choice? I don't think he is weirder than anyone else offstage. Also, it is noted that you guys are fishing for an explanation and trying to get our confirmed innocent to reveal their decision.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:55 am

Post by hewitt »

Okay so first off I apologize greatly for neglecting this game, it was unintentional, some rough times yada yada, inexcusable, I’m going to jump right back in this.

I dislike the so overwhelmingly OMGUS back-and-forth between Talilan-elmosaurian/Glork. Talilan is clearly attacking them simply for them attacking Talilan and it’s honestly obnoxious. Neither side is really listening to each other and it’s becoming increasingly circular.

With that being said I think if there was a player who I shared the most similarities with posting-wise during Scene 1 it would be Talilan. I think the biggest difference though is the reasoning why behind our posting. Read through my post-by-post analysis and then compare it to Talilan’s explanations for her posts. Big difference.
elmosaurian wrote:Anyway, my point was that if I was scum with a player like Glork, there's no way my first instinct would be "Hey, let me bus Glork on day 1 and try to kill him in a situation we he's under absolutely no pressure before I attack him". My first instinct would be "Kickass, I'm scum with Glork, now we're going to dominate this game"; I've actually been scum with Glork before, and it was awesome. Call it WIFOM if you want, but it's also true; I dare you to find one game, out of all the hundreds of games I've played on this site, where as scum I decided to try and bus a highly skilled scum partner on day 1 when he wasn't even under any pressure, like you're trying to suggest I'm doing here; I don't believe I've ever done that.
This makes sense to me. Talilan’s attacks on them being scum together is pretty reaching in my opinion.
sottyrulez wrote:Hewitt. In you explanation of your ISO, you expressed annoyance that people were slowing the game down and not wanting votes quick. I have to ask why you wanted to vote when we all knew that if we ended the scene early then that ends the day.
I don’t think I expressed annoyance at other players other than Valentine. My vote was nowhere near to end the day either it was going to be the first one voting to follow Valentine. The choice was clear-cut to me and I wanted my opinion known in the strongest way possible.

I just finished reading the Off-Screen action completely and I still need to read the On-Screen action that's going on right now. I will jump on the internet the first chance I get, hopefully tonight I can find a wifi place on the way back from work.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Panzerjager wrote:Why exactly would Thesp be a weird choice? I don't think he is weirder than anyone else offstage. Also, it is noted that you guys are fishing for an explanation and trying to get our confirmed innocent to reveal their decision.
No, I don't want an explanation. But the Thesp player slot is an abyss of lurk. Since the decision is from a confirmed innocent, I guess that's OK... I scratch my head.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”