Newbie 834 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:12 am

Post by 0x1de »

Yes, GreenDude, that's exactly what I meant. Good point about the doctor though.

As to your theory that Oman is protecting playplay: that would imply that playplay is a very subtle and devious player. I don't buy that.

On the other hand, I would expect Oman to be sly. That's why I don't like his attempt to get everyone to declare playplay as town. He's probably asleep down under so I'll leave it at that.

Can someone please jump on the CSL bandwagon. I want to crank up the pressure a bit.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am

Post by CSL »

Ox1de, I'm pressured enough. I'm in 3 games right now, so don't do stuff like that.

Any questions?
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Oman »

ef87 wrote:@Oman

then why do you have a vote down for playplay if you are certain he is town?
Its been left their from that first wagon, and I haven't shifted it. Thanks for the reminder.
0x1de wrote:@Oman: I don't care who you think is town, I want to know who you suspect of being scum. I fear that playplay is now a dead man walking, and you had a part in that.
Possibly, but if it means our lynch was more accurate, then its worth it (also, I doubt playplay is going to be the kill tonight, but thats just the way I play it. In fact, if he is I think it would tell me a considerable amount)
Greendude wrote:@oman: If player A claims cop and says player B is guilty. But then player A is lynched and the town finds out he was scum. Then Player B most likely is town. Because player A probably wouldn't risk lynching player B if he was scum. Unless it's his master plan.
Yeah I dunno, I take it case by case, but I see where you're coming from.

Greendude wrote:If oman were scum. Then A: he tried to protect his partner playplay.
or B: He will then kill playplay in the night and in the mourning say I told you so. And everyone else would go: Hail mighty Oman!!
Thats an empty play, it doesn't buy me anything, so I probably wouldn't waste my time with B. A on the other hand, yes it could be done, but remember that now playplay and I have a huge link between us, which is exactly what scum don't want. I'm drawing a lot of attention to him (which is protown to do, but not good for a partner).
Ox1de wrote:vAs to your theory that Oman is protecting playplay: that would imply that playplay is a very subtle and devious player. I don't buy it.
This too
Ox1de wrote:On the other hand, I would expect Oman to be sly. That's why I don't like his attempt to get everyone to declare playplay as town. He's probably asleep down under so I'll leave it at that.
Thats exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen!!! Thats why I tried to get everyone to post their thoughts first. You say I have to tell you what I think straight up, and when I do, you say that I'm railroading everyone to say he is town. I don't seriously think this is manipulation right now, but
IGMEOY

Ox1de wrote: Can someone please jump on the CSL bandwagon. I want to crank up the pressure a bit.
Yup, especially with his response, he's one of the few to have not posted a lot. Lets just run a little pressure wagon (I do love those).

Unvote. Vote: CSL
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
playplay
playplay
Townie
playplay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by playplay »

Re-read the thread, I would be interested to hear what the players who posted, their explantion of them, and other players critiques on my interpretations of these comments, or there own take on these responses.
This post is abit long :/
mobbob in post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=12226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=55]55[/url] wrote:BTW post 23 is a slight town tell for playplay IMO. If I were noob scum I would have freaked out a little after Oman's post.
I replied to Oman's accusation in a jokey way, but as this was the fifth comment on day one, and the overly bliase way in which I implied Oman was a maifa, I personally didnt think it implied much... if anything at all, do you think that a newb scum player would get "hot under the collar" over that vote, esp considering I/they had just voted for themselves? <The irony of confronting someone who is stating they think I might be town isn't wasted on me, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning behind your comment>
CSL in post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=12226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=58]58[/url] wrote: @ef: I do not think anyone is really suspicious yet, but looking at playplay makes me think otherwise.

FoS: Playplay
I read this comment and didnt think much of it at the time, but you give no explaination for it, and like some of your posts, see hereand here, it has no real content, and you just seem to be going with your whims. Maybe you have some Real Life shit, but it still seems scummy to me, and I'd like to hear what were your reasons for this post, guess it looks like im being defensive, but if it had been about someone else, i'd also ask this.

0x1de also asked you about this post, you said you'd say more, when you had time, but your next post you just posted about being busy playing 3 games at once. :/
oman on post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=12226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=62]62[/url] wrote:
playplay wrote: 2 votes probably isn't something to be overly worried about, at this stage.(?)

Guess this is own fault for starting my own bandwagon >.<
No and yes, its situational. Also, why did you vote yourself?
I was random/joke voting to get players talking, if you look at my post history, I hope you can see I was actually going to vote for either Jackinthebox777 or ef87 to try and encourage them to put an avatar on their profile.
0x1de on post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=12226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=75]75[/url] wrote:As to your theory that Oman is protecting playplay: that would imply that playplay is a very subtle and devious player. I don't buy that.
If you were scum would you kill me? :)

I'd like to know how is killing a "confirmed town"
[I'm writing from my own bias here, but based on what you guys have implied]
is it benefical to the mafia? As both the mafia players know who are town, wouldn't killing a more experienced player, an SE or an IC [sorry oman ;) ] in the long run, help them out more, rather than just some newbie vanilla town?
playplay
playplay
Townie
playplay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by playplay »

Heres a vote re-count, in possibly the shittest table:

[mrow]Votes[col]Player 0[col]GreenDude[col] motbob [col]
motbob
0[col]playplay[col] playplay[col]Oman [col]
playplay
[col]Greendude [col]
Greendude
[col]
Oman
1[col]ef87[col]motbob 0[col]Jackinthebox777[col]playplay[col]
playplay
0[col]0x1de 0[col]motbob[col]ef87 [col]
ef87
3[col]CSL[col] 0x1de[col]ef87[col]Oman 0[col]Darkstrike_11 0[col]Oman[col]playplay[col]
playplay
Not voting[col]playplay[col]Greendude[col]Darkside_11[col]Jackinthebox777[col]CSL
motbob
motbob
Goon
motbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by motbob »

If Oman is railroading everyone to think playplay is town I'm happy to ride that train... so to speak.

unvote
Vote: Jackinthebox777

Why is there not any pressure on this guy? Or for that matter a prod?
teamliquid.net is where I got my mafia skillz.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:29 am

Post by CSL »

Why do I feel like I'm going to be screwed Day 1, like I always am?
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:24 am

Post by GreenDude »

I understand where CSL is coming from. It does seem like he's being screwed day 1. There isn't enough to lynch him. And is a difficult situation to defend from when there isn't anything scummy. Only perceived scummy.

Where the heck is jackinthebox???
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:37 am

Post by CSL »

Percieved scummy seems like you all are scum...

Yes, where the hell is jackinthebox?
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Oman »

I just would like to see more from CSL. I'm not getting much substance from him at all.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Oman »

Unvote

CSL is on 3? Hmm not where I want to have someone on page four. Just know that it can go back on if there is not more content.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

2. I have never played as scum before at this site but I get the feeling that I would enjoy it immensely. My fellow TeamLiquider AGar finished up a beautifully played game as scum recently that looked like it was a blast for him to play, as I think Darkstrike can attest. The first game I played as town at mafiascum was fun, though, mostly because I was right about both lynches in which I had a say.
We don’t speak about that game…OK we do, since it was a nice game, and we’re actually playing a rematch of it, but Agar played far too well and rather screwed me over on the last day. Still, it was fun. I would advise people to check it out! Plus you get to see my town meta.

CSL hasn’t really been contributing a whole lot, but has been posting some poor posts.
CSL wrote: @ef: I do not think anyone is really suspicious yet, but looking at playplay makes me think otherwise.

FoS: Playplay
I personally don’t get a scummy vibe from Playplay, so I find CSL’s continued suspicion in itself suspicious.
Ox1de wrote:Can someone please jump on the CSL bandwagon. I want to crank up the pressure a bit.
That was interesting
Playplay wrote:I'd like to know how is killing a "confirmed town" [I'm writing from my own bias here, but based on what you guys have implied] is it benefical to the mafia? As both the mafia players know who are town, wouldn't killing a more experienced player, an SE or an IC [sorry oman ;) ] in the long run, help them out more, rather than just some newbie vanilla town?
The last thing the mafia want is a confirmed town player in game. Its one less person who they can try to mislynch, and is a big help for the town. Therefore in your situation the right play would be to kill the inexperienced town player, since the scum could still try to pass off the experienced player as scum.

Right now im feeling a bit of a gut against Ox1de. I intend to read him in iso.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Oman »

Oh I forgot to add, killing a "confirmed town" is both a good and a bad thing, and the mafia would weigh up both before making that choice.

Killing the IC is an easy move to subvert, because if the IC makes it through a few nights they get a lot of flak "why didn't they kill you?" etc.

My general rule is in Newbie games, the mafia's selection for kill is the one thing they have 100% control over, so that is the best opportunity for them to screw with the town.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:17 am

Post by hohum »

DarklightA replaces Jackinthebox777
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:18 am

Post by CSL »

Welcome DarkLight. It's a joy to be playing you again.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Well I don't know how to do multiple quotes in the same post, so here's lots of little ones...
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by 0x1de »

playplay wrote: If you were scum would you kill me? :)
Yes, sooner rather than later. See Darkstrike's explanation.

Oman says it can be good or bad, without any clarification (which is odd...)
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by 0x1de »

CSL wrote:Why do I feel like I'm going to be screwed Day 1, like I always am?
That's why I joke voted for you in the first place. I partially read a few games before I got in this one. Coincidentally you were wrongly lynched in both your first games. Got to be worth a giggle to suggest the same happen this time.

However, since then I have some proper reasons.
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Oman wrote:
Unvote

CSL is on 3? Hmm not where I want to have someone on page four. Just know that it can go back on if there is not more content.
Wuss.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by CSL »

It may be worth a giggle, but you will be sorely disappointed.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by 0x1de »

CSL wrote:Ox1de, I'm pressured enough. I'm in 3 games right now, so don't do stuff like that.

Any questions?
Well if you are a townie, you're not exactly 'playing' this one. On the other hand, if you are scum, then you are lying low.

Ball's still in your court, as it has been for a while.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by GreenDude »

It could be a good thing not to kill a confirmed townie because then it raises the suspicion on the townie again. Why didn't the mafia kill you? Unless you're scum??

It would be a bad thing because the if there's a doc, then the doc expects the mafias to kill the confirmed townie.

This game seems to be going slowly in comparison of my other one. Around the same start time and that one has 17 pages. And this one has 4.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by CSL »

You are right, I'm not really playing this one. If things heat up in other games, I won't have time for this one...
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by 0x1de »

CSL wrote:tracker, that's going to get some people ticked off.
For tracker sub CSL
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by 0x1de »

0x1de wrote:More thoughts:
Hopefully JackTheLurker will be replaced so we can play properly.
Welcome DarklightA. Take some time to read all this stuff and wade in with your opinion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”