Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:52 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I could go on all day...
Dourgrim wrote:massive's last post was excessively weird (
merrily?
Who says
merrily
anymore? :lol:) And his strange efforts at a defense seem less than airtight to me... therefore, as one of the two I had FoS'd previously...
massive wrote:I will continue to maintain that I have no need for defense. Dourgrim is voting for me because I used the word 'merrily,' for crying out loud.
He isn't voting on you just because you used the word merrily.
massive wrote:And I'll also go out on a limb here and say that Someone's not the only one with no Princess Bride knowledge.
What's your point? How is that pertinent at this time?

And why are you only responding to me? I was the last one to vote for you. Is it just because I am the loudest? (Sorry, way too much free time at work :D)

Anyway, I see your point, mathcam. I will try to keep quiet for a while and see what everyone else thinks. It does make me worry that we have a few extremely quiet ones. But they could be important pro-townies trying to avoid forced role claiming or at least the mafia's eye.

Sorry for the quibbling, rite. They started it! :wink: Daddy, he's on
my
side of the seat again! :P
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:56 am

Post by jadesmar »

Fishbulb: Sorry for quibbling but, being a non-Florin townie does not necessarily give you powers, I agree.

It makes you more likely to have power. It also makes you more likely to be mafia. (than anyone we don't know about yet).

This is because anyone we don't know about yet, could also be a Florin.
You must be drunk 'cuz you're all blurry.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:04 am

Post by Fletcher »

Right now I think that massive is trying to deflect the attention away from himself. So I'll

unvote: Werebear

vote: massive

Unless he has already role-claimed. (which I don't think he has)
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:20 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count:

massive
(5):
CRiX, Someone, Dourgrim, Fishbulb, Fletcher

Someone
(2):
mlaker, mikehart

mikehart
(1):
mole

jadesmar
(1):
Darkblade

Leonidas
(1):
Dragon Phoenix

CRiX
(1):
mathcam

Not voting (7):
jadesmar, JereIC, Leonidas, massive, rite, Sugar, Werebear

Still need 10 votes.
Last edited by MeMe on Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:22 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Ah, I think I have an idea about the confusion between us. I guess I should've checked my PM and thought about what was said earlier regarding Someone. Pretty much everyone but Westley lives in Florin, right? So, besides royalty and Westly, everyone would technically be a Florin townsperson. I thought you were referring to people that weren't
explicitly
Florin townspeople. Now that I get what you meant earlier, I checked my PM and sure enough, it does mention being an inhabitant of Florin.

And even better, you see my point: That just because we might have plain vanilla townsperson townies, that doesn't mean all named players have an ability either. It's likely MeMe ran out of named characters so a couple basic townspeople were added to fill the game out more. I couldn't even come up with 15 characters (still waiting on that list of 30, JereIC).

And I'll one-up you. Whose to say all townspersons are good? You have the obvious ones, Humperdinck and Rugen. But also Vizzini, Yellen, the albino in the Pit of Despair™, and even the old lady that "Boos" Buttercup. Maybe even more, and they would all be Florin townspersons (following the earlier rule). What does everyone else think? I was up all night so who knows if this makes any sense whatsoever... I'm about to pass out as we speak. :P
CRiX
CRiX
Pacifist of Inatitude
CRiX
Pacifist of Inatitude
Pacifist of Inatitude

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:58 am

Post by CRiX »

that's just not fair mathcam.. but oh well..

hmm.. this seems to have dragged a little.. :(

and it is my birthday.. I'll continue to try to understand what you people are saying, and the comment about it later.. I am still alive though.. joy of joys, right?
yup
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:10 am

Post by Someone »

In order to successfully role claim without giving up the name of the role, I am a florin something. The third letter in the something word is an "a".
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:11 am

Post by Fletcher »

You're joking about the dragging comment, right?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:56 am

Post by massive »

Fishbulb wrote:And why are you only responding to me?
Mainly because your posts are the most that I see.

Jadesmar did not say that my post was suspicious ... only puzzling. Which I will contend that it might be. Jadesmar did not accuse me of starting a bandwagon without actually voting. Jadesmar is not voting for me. So why would I count Jadesmar's post as being even remotely accusatory? So he didn't get my point. Of course I'm going to brush it off, because it's unimportant to the argument that anyone has put forth for finding me suspicious.

CRiX is voting for me randomly. Someone is voting for me because I supposedly started this giant bandwagon against him, without voting, in an inexplicable manner that no one understood. Dourgrim thinks I'm not defending myself against my un-understandable early posts. Fletcher thought the un-understandable post was a joke initially, but then decided that the defense of my poor thread-reading was worthy of his vote, even though he didn't know if I'd role-claimed or not himself.

So of course I'm defending myself against you. You're the one who's latched onto the idea that I'm misleading the public by mis-reading or half-assed-ly reading the thread. You're the only one that I can make any defense against. *shrug* You're also the one quoting me out of context:
Fishbulb wrote:There. That is the first time someone questioned your post. It is still there. Read my posts:
Fishbulb wrote:
Actually, go back to the first page. You will see jadesmar even questioned that immediately after your post. Still no response on that.
...And now you after I had posted that...
massive wrote:
I don't think there's anything suspicious about my first post, and for all I know, Someone is the one who brought that idea up in the first place. (Again, that's all lost to me.)
It's still lost on you, eh? This is just silly.

What I am referring to here is the notion that I am suspicious because my post is trying to start a bandwagon on Someone without voting on him. Jadesmar's post has nothing to do with this. I DON'T KNOW WHO BROUGHT THIS IDEA UP. Redirecting my defense to the confused looks of my first post is below the belt.

If you only are voting for me because I half-read the thread, then there's nothing I can do but point you to targets for your voting logic for days two and three. If you are voting for me because you think I am suspicious because I was trying to start a bandwagon on Someone, then please tell me who brought the idea up initially, because it sure seems like Someone did himself.

My PM does not say I am from Florin.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:50 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Don't you think you might be overreacting a little? I mean you only have half the votes needed to brute squad. Just to get you to quit complaining I'll
unvote: massive
but I've got a close eye on you.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:14 pm

Post by mlaker »

O.K. just checked Mafia and
Unvote Someone
I won't vote again for being without too mich internet but Massive seems suspicious to me.

mlaker
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:01 pm

Post by jadesmar »

vote: mlaker

For the scummy, evil sounding post right above this.
You must be drunk 'cuz you're all blurry.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:32 pm

Post by mole »

Vote: Fishbulb
, for not making much sense about anything, really. :)

I don't think the evidence you propose against massive is enough to kill him, it seems to me that a) massive's post was a joke, b) jadesmar's following post was at worst just ridiculing it for being neither funny nor informative (I would guess that had he really been suspicious, he would have made it known), c) his defense was completely valid and deserved more than being snipped off when you quoted him (I don't know any of the details of the Someone bandwagon...) and d) these
Fishbulb wrote:So why are you defensive against me? I'm not even voting for you, yet.
Fishbulb wrote:Now I am voting for you.
Vote: massive
Fishbulb wrote:And why are you only responding to me? I was the last one to vote for you.
look very strange when you consider the fact that massive didn't make any posts between the times you said them.

I also don't quite get what you're saying about townspeople, but if required that can be a discussion for another post - I think jadesmar has all the relevant points covered though. :)
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:47 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Bah. It's going to be:

vote: Fishbulb

Mole's attack is valid (especially d) - and Massive does not seem so attractive a target to me at this stage.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:33 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I was afraid of that. Look folks, I didn't start the attack on massive at all. I agreed that it was suspicious that he never responded to Someone (or even jadesmar's first post), but that was all. Then he came back, and completely missed the point. From that on, he was quoting me and asking me why everyone else was voting for him. I wasn't voting yet, I just didn't like the way he was avoiding the posts that started the whole thing. Then it became just something between him and me (how? I guess I was just posting way too much yesterday) and I didn't want to vote for him until he changed his story twice. He lied, or at least tried to cover-up that he wasn't really paying attention. I don't like that, scum or not, so I had to vote for him. I thought maybe
then
he'd really read the posts and realize I wasn't the only one to think he was acting weird. I do not think it was worth voting for in the first place. It was the way he said conflicting defenses straight to me. The jadesmar thing was just because of the confusion between an explicit
Florin Townie
, and a general
Florin Townsperson
, which most of us are. I admitted my mistake; that has been cleared up; let's move on, please.

I will
Unvote: Massive
. Not because the whole massive bandwagon has anything to do with me (I certainly didn't start that mess), but because (like Fletcher), I just want him to quit with this bickering. I do not think he is so much scum, as someone who isn't really reading the posts here (seems like he is just skimming half the time) and exetremely bad at putting up a defense.

And mole, I already covered the not making much sense... Natural Selection 2.0 sucked away the night. I was probably slightly irritible and over-talkative since I had to do something to stay awake at work :shock: .

What I find odd now, is two lurkers (Leo and mole), who don't come out of the shadows until mathcam points out that the quiet people in all of this are likely to be the badguys. And, they seem to unite immediately, even though everyone involved in the conversation that has been going on the past couple days haven't even voted for me.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:55 am

Post by Werebear »

Fishbulb... are you deliberately wreaking havoc??? If the old woman or the albino are mafia, then they're not townspersons. And as far as I know, the "Florin Townperson" email does NOT say "You are the old woman from the dream, a Florin Townperson"... a Florin Townperson is just that.

Vote: Fishbulb
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:48 am

Post by Someone »

I think we've hit scum guys. Unless I misunderstood, Fishbulb claimed that the real townee role was "florin townee". Unless we got different titles, I am
not
a florin townee.

So,
vote:fishbulb
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:48 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I am not
deliberately
wreaking havoc, trust me. It just comes naturally for me. :wink:

If you didn't understand my post (which is obvious), why vote for me? Wouldn't you want to clear it up first? Anyway, I'll reiterate for those of you that I confused with the townperson business.

I am not saying that everyone has Florin Townsperson in their pm. Just that everyone is a Florin Townsperson except for royalty and Westley. Everyone else lives in Florin, right? So wouldn't they all be residents of Florin, and therefore Florin Townsperson? While my pm didn't say Townsperson, it did say I lived in Florin. So, my point is, couldn't a scum declare that he was a Florin Townsperson and not be telling a single lie? When someone first brought it up, jadesmar and I had a slight argument over whether anyone should admit to
not
being a townsperson, and after a while I realized that the majority of us are residents of Florin. Make any sense this time? I was just trying to feel out what kind of Evil we had here, not trying to accuse or condemn anyone. Hardly scummy, if you ask me.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:50 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Someone wrote:I think we've hit scum guys. Unless I misunderstood, Fishbulb claimed that the real townee role was "florin townee". Unless we got different titles, I am
not
a florin townee.

So,
vote:fishbulb
No no no... I didn't say that. I thought
you
meant that. I went back and figured it out. I already said I wasn't
just
a Florin Townie. I am a named role, but also a resident of Florin. Doesn't anyone understand???
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:56 am

Post by Someone »

Okie
Unvote fishbulb
:)
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:01 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Someone wrote:Okie
Unvote fishbulb
:)
Thanks. I know I haven't made the most sense so far, but anyone who was reading yesterday as it happened shold easily tell that I am pro-town. The only people that would vote for me are either scum who think they have an easy target, or someone who just skimmed over the last page of posts.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:25 am

Post by mathcam »

I agree. Though perhaps somewhat rambling, I certainly don't have any feelings that Fishbulb is scum because of it.

I am mildly suspicious of this whole Leo thing, though. In fact, since I have no opinion on CRiX whatsoever, and moslty voted him because it was his birthday,

Unvote: CRiX, Vote: Leo

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:15 am

Post by MeMe »

Lots of changes, so I'll do another
Vote Count:

Fishbulb
(3):
mole, Leonidas, Werebear

massive
(2):
CRiX, Dourgrim

Leonidas
(2):
Dragon Phoenix, mathcam

Someone
(1):
mikehart

jadesmar
(1):
Darkblade

mlaker
(1):
jadesmar

Not voting ( 8 ):
Fishbulb, Fletcher, JereIC, massive, mlaker, rite, Someone, Sugar

10 votes = Brute Squad
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:05 am

Post by Werebear »

Of course the post I was looking for was missing... the one that originally mis-spelled "Florinn Townsperson"... but didn't you bold that especially to point out your role name? I mean, you weren't saying "I'm a member of the town of Florin", you specifically said your role was "Florinn Townsperson". Doesn't sound at all like someone who is saying they have a role name to me.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:09 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Uhh... That wasn't me, Werebear. That was Someone. I don't remember posting anything during the blackout, and the whole discussion was about Someone, not me. Feel free to check it out, though. It's still there on page 2, about half-way down.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”