MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Slicey »

ugh, unexpected V/LA all day today and tomorrow. Sorry.

HH, I wanted a game where Starbuck was scum because I hastily came to the conclusion she was town based on one game I played with her where she was town, and haven't seen a game with her where she was scum. When I get back from V/LA, possibly tomorrow night, or sometime Sunday, I'll tell you exactly why I think Starbuck is town.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Boxman »

This game is moving slowly. I think Honcho is the most suspicious at this point. Everyone else looks pretty town to me.

Vote: Head_Honcho
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:43 am

Post by chenhsi »

I'm not exactly sure why people think that HH is suspicious. Are there any other reasons why HH is suspicious besides him not moving his vote?
I lost the game.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

A more interesting question would be why boxman specifically finds me suspicious. What, pray tell, has arisen ever since I 'explained' myself out of your non-attack earlier?

Mod, we really need a votecount...
Immoral Acts: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Also, Starbuck, this was not rhetorical:
Head_Honcho wrote:Haha, where am I strawmanning Starbuck?
It's apparently your word of the day so I'm curious where it actually applies to me.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

I guess I'll return the favor. Forgot to bold it last time, so
mod, need a votecount, also please prod zakeri and sudai.
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Sudai »

I'm here. I just haven't had any input. You guys were talking back and fourth a bunch and I haven't really seen any convincing points from either side.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by chenhsi »

What Sudai said.
I lost the game.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Votecount coming...
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Mods=Votecounts" Vote Count)

13) Shotty to The Body (0)
15)Starbuck (0):
16) chenhsi(1):Shotty To The Body,
18) Zakeri(0):
20) Slicey(1):Head_Honcho
21) Sudai(0):
22) Head_Honcho(2):Zakeri,Boxman
23) Boxman(1):Sudai
Also I've prodded Zakeri.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Sudai wrote:I'm here. I just haven't had any input. You guys were talking back and fourth a bunch and I haven't really seen any convincing points from either side.
well feel free to chime in boyo, there was that iso of zakeri and I you had mentioned last time you posted.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

hurpadurp hey boxman maybe the game wouldn't move so slowly if you would answer my question
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Boxman »

Nothing has really arisen since my earlier vote - it's just that you look more suspicious than everyone else, who I have town vibes off of.

If you have another question I missed, quote it or something. :P
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

I'm asking why you find me suspicious. I don't find 'you look suspicious' to be a satisfactory answer, I find it to be an evasive answer.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

heh, what happened to this game?
Mod plz prod starbuck and shotty to the body
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Sorry. I've been keeping quiet mostly because I want to see where My main sus is heading with his main sus.

@Chenhsi: We've already been down that road with Zwet. Not interested in going down it again. Please reread a few people and go from there, rather than waiting around for obvscum to show up or whatever it is you're doing now.

@Boxman: It would definitely help if you provided reasoning along with your vote. It's the easiest way

Something from Sudai would be deliciously game moving.

Also waiting for Slicey to get back so he can post something besides the most awkward backtrack on someone's alignment this game

Right now, Slicey and Boxy are both getting heavy FoSes, and Head Honcho's pursuit while I can't be certain is 100% for the good of the town, it is exactly what I've pressed him for and More than anyone else has contributed. If Slicey and Box were both scum, Box is the least threatening since we've inferred he's not mafia related scum, so from here I can only really take my vote onto Slicey.

Unvote,
Vote Slicey
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Edit: I broke my chain of thought in responding to Boxman.

@Boxman: It would definitely help if you provided reasoning along with your vote. It's the easiest way to tell between you analyzing the game and you BSing someone's lynch.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Boxman »

Okay, here.

Honcho spent the first few days of the game making meaningless, useless posts (ISO 1, 2). In his next post, he decides immediately to start ignoring the other two games(ISO 3).

In ISO 9, he says that he didn't see anything particularly bad about Zwet and notes that he thinks Whoot is likely "noob scum." He also says he felt Zwet should have fakeclaimed. Possibly true, but still worth noting.

In his next couple of posts(ISO 11, 12, 13, 15), he tries to cast suspicion on Starbuck for not posting much on Day 1. As an afterthought(ISO 14, 16), he mentions qwints and whoot.

In the following posts(ISO 17, 18), he talks a little about whoot. In the next post(ISO 19), he immediately says whoot is a bad lynch for the day.

And in ISO 21, he says that whoot had no connections. He did. You tried to say that he was town immediately before his lynch, only because of a few comments from Percy.

In ISO 22, I honestly have no clue what Honcho is doing - dropping an attack because "no one called her on it?" He also attacks Slicey for "defending Starbuck based on meta?" And then votes him for possibly the weakest scumtell in the book, imo.

ISO 23 and 24 are weird, too. He comes out immediately with "I don't think there are any more traditional mafia in this game." Also, despite Percy being scum making him think that whoot was town(and correctly so), he says that the exact same thing should not apply to me. What? It almost sounds like he's trying to set up a later mislynch.

The rest of his posts are essentially just useless asking of Slicey questions.

Am I the only one who noticed, upon reread, that Honcho appears to be tunneling on Starbuck and Slicey? And that he "thought both of the two lynches were townies?"

There's my voting explanation(complete with ISO notation! :D).
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Head_Honcho wrote:heh, what happened to this game?
Mod plz prod starbuck and shotty to the body
Meh I haven't seen any major arguments since my last post and I was hoping chenshi would reply without being prodded by me, but apparently not.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Apologies for my absence, even though I am stationed overseas, we still celebrate Labor Day Weekend.

@Head_Honcho - I meant your strawmanning of me.
Head_Honcho wrote:you seemed to avoid posting any content regarding this game.
You went after me because I was reading the other games, just like almost everyone else did, to try and stay caught up with theirs and ours. You also assumed that I was making our game a lower priority than the others via post 207.

I do not like that you want to disregard anything going on in the other games.
Head_Honcho wrote:I'm going to go ahead and completely disregard the other subgames until there is some explicit crossover.
And in one post (114), you go from the opinion of not wanting to pay attention to the other games
Head_Honcho wrote:Anything that distracts unduly from the people in this specific game is not a good idea, and I think focusing a bunch of attention and posts on the other games falls under that.
to not wanting to ignore them completely.
Head_Honcho wrote:I don't think the other games should be ignored entirely, for instance I think once we have night flavor/actions it could be helpful to compare them to the other games to try to get a feel for setup, but as far as picking lynches I think it would do us well to keep the majority of analysis directed at people we can actually affect with votes.
I don't like how you go from one extreme to the other in the very same post.

I also do not like your ad hom attacks, like this:
Head_Honcho wrote:It's apparently your word of the day so I'm curious where it actually applies to me.

What doesn't make sense to you about the following:
Head_Honcho wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Whoot, you thought it was policy to lynch claimed Vanilla Townies. You hammered without letting us get more information from Zwet. A good chunk of us have played with him before and saw that he was playing differently than he normally does.

We have a great souce of information in the Mafiascum Wiki. Why don't you go use it so you can see what phrases like 'Bulletproof Townie' mean? You assumed that it was a suped up Vanilla Townie.

You also have been speculating quite a bit. Scum normally speculate to get an idea about the town's power roles. Just because you think certain cards wouldn't work well together, does not mean that they won't.

Also, your ad hom attacks on everyone that you deem as inexperienced with Magic have not helped your case, at least with me.
None of which really makes any sense. Firstly I don't really get why Zwet playing 'different than he normally does' would be ANY kind of defense for Zwet, since normally you are a townie. Whoot didn't do any speculating at all which would help figure out town power roles, he yammered about magic cards. Along with some of your later posts assuring the town that the whoot lynch was definitely justified I get a strong CYA vibe.
I'm guessing that you haven't really played with Zwet. He definitely has a playstyle all his own. I have played quite a few games with him since joining this site, and I normally have a very difficult time reading him. This game though he was just acting very different from other games that we have played, and anyone else who has played with zwet extensively probably saw what I saw.

Did you happen to forget that this game is based on Magic: the Gathering? So Whoot "yammering on" about magic cards is definite speculation in my opinion.

And with that,
Vote: Head_Honcho

@Slicey - I do have a completed game now, where I was scum. It just completed this morning. Phables: Death Note Mafia. I was Sidoh, a Shinigami.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

like banging your head against a wall. WHERE SPECIFICALLY HAVE I STRAWMANNED?

Box I've seen your post and will be responding to it shortly
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I just quoted it up there? Are you blind?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

actually I'm going to predict your response and preemptively ask a question about it: How is that strawmanning?
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

oh that was perfect. How was that strawmanning?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by Starbuck »

You want me to keep repeating myself over and over. It's getting rather old, rather quick.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”