PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Hard to work out who the scum are, if players don't feel the need to post.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by brothernature »

Far_Cry wrote:I ask this question becuase people respond to it differently. Some people respond in different ways depending on their personality, style of playing, whether your town, scum, or something else etc.
Umn. Even scum would say that they were town, otherwise they would be lynched almost instantly if they responded, "Oh, I"m scum." So your not making sense
hiphop wrote:Quotes contradict each other. What changed?

By the way I prefer for you to be aggressive. You should not change the way you playstyle, because of, what you say are role changes. You should play the same when you are both. Since you say when you were scum you played aggressively and now I say you are not playing aggressive, I believe you are scum changing the way you are playing in order to not draw suspicion. fos: brothernature I don’t want to put you at L-1 yet.
They not contradicting each other. I said that your evidence was crap, and that you should drop it and find some real evidence. Then I said that there wasn't much scumhunting to be done in the early pages, not that you couldn't make a case, just that there isn't much evidence to be found to MAKE that case.

Baltar wrote:Well, I think I produced a satisfactory case on you in 5 pages, so I don't understand this at all. Also, nice try to deflect attention toward hohum.
Not trying to deflect attention, just using hohum as an example.
Baltar wrote:Somehow I strongly doubt that. And if you are, that's all the more reason to be killing you right now. What to claim you are?
Believe what ya want. I don't really care.
Baltar wrote:Well, if you play with different styles then you aren't probably very good at this game because a person only needs to spot your "scum" style and you will lose.

I'm aware that you later said that other people called you aggressive, but you first stated it yourself. So, do you think you're aggressive or not?
Well, your not me, are you? So worry about yourself, not me.

As to if I think I'm aggressive, I don't really know. If I had to answer, I'd say yes.
Baltar wrote:More deflection toward another player.
Once again, just using hohum as an example.
Baltar wrote:I must have missed it, sorry. It is the interaction between you two. Even when you're making jabs at one another it feels a little fake. I'll go back later and see if I can get some quotes to back what I'm saying. Currently I'm heading to work, however.
Still waiting....
hOhUM wrote:I will get a post up with some more significant content in a bit.

Welcome to the game baltar
Also still waiting....

zwet wrote:you have spent the game asking stupid questions like "ARE YOU SCUM", whilst hiphop's been posting stupid answers to questions. I'm not sure what to make of this.
I'm not sure what to make of you. You post like 1 sentence at a time and jumped on two wagons as they formed.

When everyone else was attacking hiphop, you said
zwet wrote:hiphop, I'm starting to find you scummy for putting so much focus on something inherently not scummy.
And that was it. I asked you to expand more, but you never explained your accusation.

And then when VP posted his case on me, you voted for me and just said:
zwet wrote:However, your case on brothernature is better than my case. Unvote; Vote: Brothernature
I'd like to see the case you had prepared, or if you even HAD a case prepared and were simply saying that to appear town.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
-Al Capone
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by hiphop »

VP Baltar wrote:I wasn't asking you a question about it. I said it was a good point that Porkchop made and iirc your response underwhelmed me.
But you were bringing the point up. Why?
PorkchopExpress wrote:Hard to work out who the scum are, if players don't feel the need to post.
agreed.

@brothernature if there is no evidence how can one make a case, let alone convince others their point is right? If one doesn’t create activity, there is even less.

Fact- there are no real facts until day two when the PRs come out. Otherwise it is all interaction.
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by brothernature »

hiphop wrote:@brothernature if there is no evidence how can one make a case, let alone convince others their point is right? If one doesn’t create activity, there is even less.
Me wrote:They not contradicting each other. I said that your evidence was crap, and that you should drop it and find some real evidence. Then I said that there wasn't much scumhunting to be done in the early pages, not that you couldn't make a case, just that
there isn't much evidence to be found
to MAKE that case.
Never said that they was no evidence at all. I said that there is little evidence to use in a case against someone.
-Al Capone
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:06 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I felt that what I had posted didn't need elaboration. Anyway, I already had posted my case on hiphop, so you must not be reading very well.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

bn wrote:Not trying to deflect attention, just using hohum as an example.
And what purpose does it serve to your point to use him as an example? Do you think anyone here doesn't understand what lurking is?
bn wrote:As to if I think I'm aggressive, I don't really know. If I had to answer, I'd say yes.
So my argument is valid then. Despite your proclamation to be an aggressive player you seem very non-commital on calling people scum. Speaking of which, who do you think is scum and why?
bn wrote:Once again, just using hohum as an example.
Once again, I don't see any town motivation for this.
bn wrote:Still waiting....
What is your point in bringing this up? I could see if Far Cry said something, as it was directed at him, but I'm unclear why you would want to step in there...unless of course you are trying to sling mud, in which case, please proceed.
hiphop wrote:But you were bringing the point up. Why?
VP Baltar wrote:it was a good point
Also, read the context of when I first mentioned it. Zwet had asked me about the case on you. I gave my general feelings on what were the good and bad points made against you. Why are you so worried about me bringing it up?

Now, the reason I would be inclined to think that Far Cry and brothernature are scum buddies largely comes from the way they worked in tandem in the attack on hiphop. I really hate speculating on scumteams without alignment flips, but certain comments really stuck out to me:
bn right after Far Cry said something early on about hiphop wrote:Amen. These two can't seem to comprehend what a RVS is. They do seem to be displaying the usual paranoia that marks a townie, even if it is a bit early. As hohum said, I smell newbie townies...
bn again buddying with Far Cry wrote:I agree with you Far_Cry. hiphop and Gun, you two are really overdoing it. Tone it down a bit, because at the moment, it really does look like your scum trying to act town.
bn again wrote:Far_Cry, I'm starting to like you.
At that point the buddying becomes so blatantly obvious that Far Cry calls him on it. Now, this may come from a town or scum Far Cry, I can't be sure because the buddying was mostly coming from bn's direction.

What I also don't like is that even though they were two of the ringleaders in the hiphop spat, neither of them would commit to a vote. Do either of you think he is scummy? Why or why not?
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Far_Cry »

zwetschenwasser wrote:you have spent the game asking stupid questions like "ARE YOU SCUM", whilst hiphop's been posting stupid answers to questions. I'm not sure what to make of this.
I have not. You on the other hand, haven't done fuckin thing for this game.
zwetschenwasser wrote:uh... lurker votes !> scum votes
Why?? I wouldn't always think so.
brothernature wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:I ask this question becuase people respond to it differently. Some people respond in different ways depending on their personality, style of playing, whether your town, scum, or something else etc.
Umn. Even scum would say that they were town, otherwise they would be lynched almost instantly if they responded, "Oh, I"m scum." So your not making sense .
I know, but scum and town might respond differently. For example, some people say, "Well of course I think I'm town," whereas others will say "I am town." See the difference? It may sound strange to you, but it helps me get a read on people.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:40 am

Post by brothernature »

zwet wrote:I felt that what I had posted didn't need elaboration. Anyway, I already had posted my case on hiphop, so you must not be reading very well./quote]I'm not askign about your case on hiphop, or if you even ever made one, I'm asking about the case you supposedly had prepared for me before Baltar posted his.
Baltar wrote:What is your point in bringing this up? I could see if Far Cry said something, as it was directed at him, but I'm unclear why you would want to step in there...unless of course you are trying to sling mud, in which case, please proceed.
Because it involves me, and I would like to know. I'm not trying to buddy him, I just agree with his opinions on people.
Baltar wrote:What I also don't like is that even though they were two of the ringleaders in the hiphop spat, neither of them would commit to a vote. Do either of you think he is scummy? Why or why not?
At first, I thought he was simply a newbie townie overreacting to stuff. Then when he refused to drop it, I thought he was scum. OGM was doing the same thing, and since I already had my vote on him, I just left it.
-Al Capone
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 am

Post by brothernature »

Edit by post:
zwet wrote:I felt that what I had posted didn't need elaboration. Anyway, I already had posted my case on hiphop, so you must not be reading very well.
I'm not askign about your case on hiphop, or if you even ever made one, I'm asking about the case you supposedly had prepared for me before Baltar posted his.
-Al Capone
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:51 am

The case was the case on hiphop. Hello?
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:56 am

Post by brothernature »

zwet wrote:However, your case on brothernature is better than my case. Unvote; Vote: Brothernature
I meant this. Stop trying to dodge it.
-Al Capone
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

bn wrote:At first, I thought he was simply a newbie townie overreacting to stuff. Then when he refused to drop it, I thought he was scum. OGM was doing the same thing, and since I already had my vote on him, I just left it.
So, I take it you think I am scummier than hiphop?

Hohum, I saw you posted in GD earlier...how about a little attention here.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:23 pm

brothernature wrote:
I meant this. Stop trying to dodge it.
read "my case" as "my case on hiphop"
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by brothernature »

Lol I'm stupid. Sorry for misunderstanding, zwet. Thought you meant you had a case prepared to post on me, but since Baltar's was better, you weren't gunna post it. And no, Baltar, I do not find YOU scummy, but your predecessor I did.
-Al Capone
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by hiphop »

VP Baltar wrote:Also, read the context of when I first mentioned it. Zwet had asked me about the case on you. I gave my general feelings on what were the good and bad points made against you. Why are you so worried about me bringing it up?
I was not worried. I was wondering if you were going to make a case from it, if so I would of defended myself and brought up old arguments. I did not want to cover what has been already covered. I didn't realize you were answering a question, even though it was blatantly obvious.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:11 am

VP Baltar wrote:
Isn't there motivation for town to point out who is being inactive? Like pressure voting a lurker, for example.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 am

But we have a REAL lead on possible scum. So we should be voting brothernature, not hohum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PorkchopExpress wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Isn't there motivation for town to point out who is being inactive? Like pressure voting a lurker, for example.
Certainly there is, but that's not what brothernature was doing in that context, imo. He was basically saying, 'yeah, maybe that was kind of scummy...but at least I'm not lurking like hohum!', which to me further translates to 'hey, look over there!' *runs away*.

mod, what is the situation with hohum, has he been sufficently prodded and has he picked up that prod?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

zwetschenwasser wrote:But we have a REAL lead on possible scum. So we should be voting brothernature, not hohum.
What makes you so certain that hohum isn't just lurking scum who is more than happy to let a mislynch of brother nature go through?
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Sironigous »

VP Baltar - hohum last posted on Thursday, September 8. He picked it up then and posted (see post 251). He will be due for another prod in about 6 hours.

Vote Count!

Note to all - Deadline in 9 days

hohum - (2) PorkchopExpress, VP Baltar
zwetschenwasser
Far_Cry
PorkchopExpress
VP Baltar - (1) brothernature
hiphop
brothernature - (1) zwetschenwasser

Not voting: hohum, Far_Cry, hiphop

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline for Day 1 - September 15, 2009 ~ 7:00 P.M. EST

Trinka Trinka!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:11 am

VP Baltar wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:But we have a REAL lead on possible scum. So we should be voting brothernature, not hohum.
What makes you so certain that hohum isn't just lurking scum who is more than happy to let a mislynch of brother nature go through?
I'm not. That's why I want a hohum replacement ASAP, before we lynch brothernature.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:54 am

VP Baltar's Case Against bn wrote: Nitpicking and trying to pass it off as scumhunting
Do you have any examples, Baltar?
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:06 am

Post by brothernature »

zwet wrote:I'm not. That's why I want a hohum replacement ASAP, before we lynch brothernature.
Ya know, you still haven't provided any reason as to why you think I'm scum. You just jumped on my wagon after Baltar made his case on me.
-Al Capone
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Porkchop

Things like this:
bn wrote:Amen. These two can't seem to comprehend what a RVS is. They do seem to be displaying the usual paranoia that marks a townie, even if it is a bit early. As hohum said, I smell newbie townies...
bn wrote:I don't understand how you can think someone is scum within the first two pages. Honestly.

You two are either thick-headed or newbies. I prefer to believe in humanity's intelligence and go with the latter.
bn wrote:Zwet, unless your going to do anything besides babble mindless crap, then shut up. Please. And for the second effing time, don't effing capitalize the first gawd-dang letter of my name.

OGM, your acting very scummy. Overdoing the town act, accusing people of making wagons during the RVS, and just sending off scummy vibes to me. Vote: OneGunman. How much you wanna bet he's going to say that I'm making a wagon? Also, a word of advice to you, OGM, start in the Newbie Queue instead of jumping into a different Queue for your first game.
Followed by him saying this:
bn wrote:Kay hOhUM. FoS one of the only two people scum hunting at the moment.
Amongst other things he said, I don't see how he can consider that scum hunting. Read him in iso before that OneGunman vote and you'll see what I mean.

Add to that he later continues on this rant about not being able to find scum early. It's all a bit contradictory and forced to me.
brothernature
brothernature
Goon
brothernature
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am

Post by brothernature »

It was the RVS. Not much to go on in the first 3 pages. If I have to nitpick to scumhunt, I will, which is what I did. Instead of acting like retarded like zwet and asking stupid questions like hiphop, I did something that moved the discussion forward.
-Al Capone

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”