he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

*arms increasingly tired from drumrolling*
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

and we're still waiting.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Santos »

myself wrote:Perhaps we're looking in the wrong places. Has no one else noticed the sides people have taken so far in this new day?
VP Baltar wrote:Well I'm happy to look at any new angles you might have, because quite frankly I'm getting exhausted of trying to come at this in a different way. What "sides" are you seeing and what conclusions are you coming to from that?
*updated list*
People who would believe that name claims predict the validity of alignment:

Santos

People who would not believe that name claims predict the validity of alignment:

RECKONER
ZONEACE
VP Baltar
Juls
canadianbovine
ChannelDelibird
curiouskarmadog
EmpTyger

*hopefully that is correct.

What is my reason to believe name claims prove the validity of alignment?

1) My own character name.
2) The people who have died so far I would have guessed they were town based on Season 5 of Lost.

Now anyone here can argue that its absurd to use that argument to prove my innocence. I agree, ZONEACE. So I mentioned that we should see if anyone would consider claiming names would prove innocence. Once everyone provided their side, which enormously favored the anti-flavor part, it had me wonder about mafia safe claims, because they would definitely have to have them in this game to survive. Duh, right? What's your point, Santos?

The point I am seeing is what folks were extremely hesitant to name claiming even though we have a dead doctor and a claimed cop?
What people have no problem with name claims?
What people probably have a name to claim (safe claim) and are just not comfortable in sharing that safe claim til later in the game?

The possibilities I see, so far, is with CanadianBovine's claim as Juliette.

Juliette was originally against the Lost survivors. As season 5 came around she became a friend of the survivors. So this is the dangerous thing about the flavor of this game that contends with certain alignment, obviously.

CanadianBovine claims Juliette. I believe she is town. Canadian's play is not very town. So that is the discrepancy I am troubled with. It seems like the perfect safe claim for a scum, imo. But at the same time the flavor fits entirely pro town just as I saw with Kate. However, between Kate and Juliette my opinions would have been more so to believe Kate-town as opposed to Juliette-town. If I get this far basing my judgment on a player, then I cannot argue anything else because it is purely flavor and nothing indicative of guilt or representative of scummy. So how do we find scum? Well, a lot of people have wanted RECKONER lynched because he has played scummy and has claimed Kate. (are you watching, ZONEACE?) What if RECKONER is scum with an enormously awesome safe-claim such as 'Kate Austin, the cop'?

This could very well be true. But now the problem that is dissuading me from voting RECKONER is the plain fact that abilities have been lost (lol) and
he
was the first to mention it. So where did they go? Are they on hiatus? Possibly. But that puts the town at a serious disadvantage tonight if that is the case. Also, considering that I have lost my ability, I had to step in and take action against the people who were going to lynch RECKONER because he lost his cop ability.
That would be incredibly scummy
if I had not had something changed for my role as well. So I hope you all see my point in that regard?

So, as it is now apparent that flavor is entirely non-consequential to alignment, I would now be in favor of mass claiming and applying the claimed names to how people have played today.

I will go first.

Santos, originally iron townie off the island, but now a plain vanilla townie on the island.
RECKONER, originally a cop off the island, now a vanilla townie on the island.
Canadianbovine, on or off the island? claimed vanilla townie
VP Baltar, off the island, claimed miller?

I seriously believe we can find the scum, but not based on their flavor or claim, but just with the way they have played and whether or not we can catch them in a lie.

Thoughts?
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Santos »

That would be incredibly scummy if I had not had something changed for my role as well. So I hope you all see my point in that regard?
Should read:

That would be incredibly scummy play of RECKONER and he should have been lynched today, but since something changed for my role as well, I was vehemently defending a RECKONER lynch to save a cop that is possibly on hiatus. You get me?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Juls wrote:@Reck - Since you are the only one who HAS claimed something other than Vanilla, at least initially, can you please tell me if the part about "your role might change" was in your role PM?
Yes. I already said this.

Also, Iron Townie?
green shirt thursdays
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Santos »

Did I stutter? lol
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Whats an "iron townie"?

Also, Reckoner being the first to mention "lost ability" means NOTHING, he mentioned, AFTER he was a prime suspect for his scummy play and using his "cop" ability to target someone THAT HE ADMITS WASN'T ONE OF HIS TOP TWO SUSPECTS. So after wasting his cop ability, he now, conveniently doesn't have it anymore to clear himself, and we just have to trust he was telling the truth.

Also, EVERYONE (as far as I can see) was told that their roles/abilities COULD change, I know I was, so Reckoner wouldn't have been going out on a limb in saying he lost the cop ability to protect himself from having to continue the lie, he could just go, "hey guys, sorry, its gone now" and we would believe it, because we were told it COULD happen.

Also, Locke, in S5, wasn't a good guy, he wasn't even Locke, he was dead and just the guy that was sitting with Jacob on the beach, in disguise. So, that argument means nothing since either the person that was the doctor was actually a character that technically wasn't even in S5 (which i find unlikely, since this is S5 Lost mafia) OR an apparently evil entity created a disguise and pretended to be Locke.

As for the questions, I STILL haven't received one and I'm waiting for everyone to respond and tell us whether or not they have so we can have a comprehensive list of WHO has been asked a question and who hasn't.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So Santos, from what I gather from your giant post, you think we should be scumhunting. Brilliant.

What is an iron townie?

What do you think of ckd bugging out earlier today? Zone and CDB, what did you think of ckd's little fit?
YOUR AD HERE

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Santos »

ZONEACE wrote:As for the questions, I STILL haven't received one and I'm waiting for everyone to respond and tell us whether or not they have so we can have a comprehensive list of WHO has been asked a question and who hasn't.
But they could lie in divulging something like that to you.

So are you going to give us a name?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

what fit? I must have missed it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

WHAT IS AN IRON TOWNIE
green shirt thursdays
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Juls »

lol I know right? I read that and I am like...where is the conclusion? I still dont see how Kate is a obv pro-town role. I don't see how claiming on D2 does ANYONE but help the scum know who to kill. No one wants to name-claim except you. Therefore, all the townies and all the scum in the game except you think its a bad idea. I strongly oppose any claims until closer to the end unless these are about to die claims.
-------------------------------------
Juls
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:As for the questions, I STILL haven't received one and I'm waiting for everyone to respond and tell us whether or not they have so we can have a comprehensive list of WHO has been asked a question and who hasn't.
But they could lie in divulging something like that to you.

So are you going to give us a name?

I've already said I don't think name claiming gives us anything.

AND THEY COULD LIE ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! are you intentionally trying to be as unhelpful and small minded as possible?
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Santos »

My ability was that I was iron at night and could not be killed. Other than the iron part, my role was just a plain townie.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Juls »

ANYONE=ANYTHING
Juls
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Santos »

I haven't read up since my last post. I just logged in here and made it a point to get my post posted as I promised yesterday.

I guess my point in claiming just names today was not seen.

I still don't see what is harmful about name claiming today, Juls, as apparently we have a dead doctor and an outed 'claimed' cop at the mafia's grasp. So what is there to hide?
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Santos »

ZONEACE wrote:Also, Reckoner being the first to mention "lost ability" means NOTHING, he mentioned, AFTER he was a prime suspect for his scummy play and using his "cop" ability to target someone THAT HE ADMITS WASN'T ONE OF HIS TOP TWO SUSPECTS. So after wasting his cop ability, he now, conveniently doesn't have it anymore to clear himself, and we just have to trust he was telling the truth.
Yes, I know. I would have happily placed a vote on him except my role had changed.

Someone said we all should know that our roles can change? Where does it state that?

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Juls »

Our remaining power roles maybe? You are the only one who wants this. I seriously think you should concede that it is not a good idea and drop the whole name claiming thing. You presented your case and I for one do not see any compelling evidence to change my mind. Is this your first theme gamed based on a show?
Juls
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:Also, Reckoner being the first to mention "lost ability" means NOTHING, he mentioned, AFTER he was a prime suspect for his scummy play and using his "cop" ability to target someone THAT HE ADMITS WASN'T ONE OF HIS TOP TWO SUSPECTS. So after wasting his cop ability, he now, conveniently doesn't have it anymore to clear himself, and we just have to trust he was telling the truth.
Yes, I know. I would have happily placed a vote on him except my role had changed.

Someone said we all should know that our roles can change? Where does it state that?
My role PM said that there was the possibility that my role may change throughout the game, that coupled with the fact that we were TOLD the questions would have an affect on the game tells me that I wasn't the only one that was told this.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

zone wrote:what fit? I must have missed it.
Start from the very last question I asked him on page 37 (post 924) and read through my interaction with him on page 38, particularly where he claims and OMGUS votes me.

Juls, what are your feelings on that?

Also, I never got any replys, but can everyone who was asked a question state in their next post if they received a pm from the mod after they answered.

I did. Juls did. Reckoner did not. Zone has not been asked a question. I'm unsure (or can't recall) for everyone else.

Like zone said, lets get a comprehensive list going.
YOUR AD HERE

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Santos »

I will not drop the idea that I would play the rest of this game based on the events that happen. Everything else surrounding that is hearsay until we know more.
Juls wrote:Our remaining power roles maybe?
ORLY?

Do you realize what you have just said?

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Santos »

Vp wrote:Like zone said, lets get a comprehensive list going.
Then do it, lol.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

santos wrote:Someone said we all should know that our roles can change? Where does it state that?
My understanding is that everyone's role pm says this. Am I incorrect or is this a scum slip of the grandest fashion?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Santos wrote:
Vp wrote:Like zone said, lets get a comprehensive list going.
Then do it, lol.
Answer my question and maybe I could.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:I will not drop the idea that I would play the rest of this game based on the events that happen. Everything else surrounding that is hearsay until we know more.
Juls wrote:Our remaining power roles maybe?
ORLY?

Do you realize what you have just said?
Please, explain what Juls has said.

WE'RE TRYING TO MAKE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST SANTOS. stop being unhelpful and stand offish about it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”