Newbie 814(over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:35 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

Manzcar wrote:Sam you have the habit of throwing out accusations wihout why you suspect them.
What makes you think Sudai is a good suspect?
Manzcar, I know I do that. I've done that in virtually every game I've ever played with this account as well as my other account (Quagmire).

Sudai is suspicious because he drifted through yesterday without saying much and hopped on the lego bandwagon when it became painstakingly obvious that he was the lynch candidate for today.
Sam your case on itvac was weak at best. It mostly centered around that he was attacking Lego who is known scum and his inability to aritculate simply. You didn't even give reasons for why he was scummy until pressed at the end of the day. And even then some of the reasons you gave were things said after you made the "your scummy" comment. Ivac made a comment that you were trying to get the attention off of you and put on him. You retorted that yes that is what happened but at the time there was no real attention on either of you, but itvac was putting all kinds of pressure on Lego and attention was falling on him directly. Your comment on him being scum pulled all attention off of Lego and put it on itvac who had a mini melt down and said some stuff that was taken as scummy. Mission accomplished. In fact you stayed very far away from Lego until the cop claimed a guilty on him. At that time he was doomed but when attention was thrown at you you wanted to get to the nigt as soon as possible.
Look, this case on me is totally legitimate here. I did attempt to divert attention away from lego because I didn't think he was the lynch candidate that day and I got stronger scum vibes from itacv2. I stand by that line of reasoning day one, it just turns out I was ass-backwards and totally wrong. Sometimes I read people correctly and sometimes I don't -- that's really the only defense I can give you here.
I clearly see an attempt to not throw attention on Lego. Get attention on others. You found itvac scummy on less evidence than what was out there on Lego. Sam I find you scummy
vote Sam
It was more of an attempt to throw attention away from lego. I still don't think the day one case on lego was totally legit... I thought it was just as plausible that lego, during day one, could have been a newbie town not necessarily knowing how to play other than a scumbag. That's why my read on him was neutral; I didn't have a good enough read on him to be convinced either way.

In any case though this is a fair case on me, and I can't really come up with any other defense than what I've said already and that's also not WIFOM.
"I have chronic depression and a learning disability" - Xylthilxm
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Manzcar »

Mod please prod everyone but Sam and me

comeon people we are over a week into the day and we have at most one or so posts from everyone. What are peoples thoughts suspects? What do you guys think of Sam agreeing that my case on him is valid?

We need discussion!!
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Like I said before, I'm busy with school but I found sometime to post now.

I was trusting Vaya as he posted his theory and cop claimed, and specially now that it was confirmed to be trusted. As such, I decided to go with what he had previously said (and Manzcar says) of
Voting Sam.
It's strange that he thinks there's a 'valid case' against him. No citizen should think there are valid cases agaisnt them.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

sam.sahmhorn (2) - Manzcar, Evil Sonidow

not voting: sam.samhorn, atma, Sudai

3 to lynch

Sudai and atma got prods
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by atma »

Well, while I do think some of sam's answers are scummy, I'm still not confident he is mafia. Evil Sonidow seems scummy because of his following Manzcar and Vaya without adding any content or reasons of his own.

Since we do have a mislynch, I'm trying to decide if I should hammer sam or try to lead a case against someone else. I think Evil Sonidow, sam, and Sudai all are scummy in some way, just I'm trying to figure out which would be mafia, or which is most scummy, etc.

We don't need to rush a hammer yet anyway right?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Manzcar »

No we have plenty of time. Evil what do you think of the allocations against you?
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:48 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

Evil Sonidow wrote:Like I said before, I'm busy with school but I found sometime to post now.

I was trusting Vaya as he posted his theory and cop claimed, and specially now that it was confirmed to be trusted. As such, I decided to go with what he had previously said (and Manzcar says) of
Voting Sam.
It's strange that he thinks there's a 'valid case' against him. No citizen should think there are valid cases agaisnt them.
You're a good idea for a lynch tomorrow, if I'm lynched.

My top suspect is still Sudai... although I suspect I'm not going to last through the end of this day.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Well, while I do think some of sam's answers are scummy, I'm still not confident he is mafia. Evil Sonidow seems scummy because of his following Manzcar and Vaya without adding any content or reasons of his own.

Since we do have a mislynch, I'm trying to decide if I should hammer sam or try to lead a case against someone else. I think Evil Sonidow, sam, and Sudai all are scummy in some way, just I'm trying to figure out which would be mafia, or which is most scummy, etc.

No need to rush hammer, we still have a lot to discuss. I don't think I'm looking scummy, I believe that's more like bad gaming (since I am a bad player, being my first game {and comparing my posts to others}).
No we have plenty of time. Evil what do you think of the allocations against you?
Like I said before, it's bad gaming on my part, and my efforts to prove it have been useless. I'd rather not mislynch today, so feel free to question my actions as I want to prove to you I'm town and help us find the right person.
I know that, hopefully will be changed.

Something got me thinking lately, and that was Lego 'last words':
Well, the cats out of the bag. I'm a plain old Goon. Nothing more, nothing less. I would provide more information, but I feel like having a bit of suspense in a game. An actor would know that the game isn't over till' the last mafia hangs. That's all I have to say. At least my scumbuddy learned something. :lol:
Hang me if you want, there's still one left!!! :lol:
And you'll never get him!!! :lol:
Whoever is the other goon, it's playing really well and it's off the scumradar. I'm starting to consider that's not Sam, but rather atma/Sudai, leaning to atma (I've rechecked Sudai posts but since he's been away due to his grandfather {which btw I hope he's better} there's not much stuff to check).
So, atma, I ask you this: can you detail why Sudai is your in your suspect list? (I don't think there's much explaining why he thinks Sam/me look scummy).
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by atma »

Evil Sonidow wrote:

No need to rush hammer, we still have a lot to discuss. I don't think I'm looking scummy, I believe that's more like bad gaming (since I am a bad player, being my first game {and comparing my posts to others}).
Like I said before, it's bad gaming on my part, and my efforts to prove it have been useless. I'd rather not mislynch today, so feel free to question my actions as I want to prove to you I'm town and help us find the right person.

I know that, hopefully will be changed.
I feel a little bit uneasy about Evil playing the whole "I'm new" card. I mean obviously a lot of us are new since this is a newbie game. It's just kind of a cop out excuse, but then again so is Sam's "This is how I always play." Not sure whether to read these as scummy or not.
Something got me thinking lately, and that was Lego 'last words':
Well, the cats out of the bag. I'm a plain old Goon. Nothing more, nothing less. I would provide more information, but I feel like having a bit of suspense in a game. An actor would know that the game isn't over till' the last mafia hangs. That's all I have to say. At least my scumbuddy learned something. :lol:
Hang me if you want, there's still one left!!! :lol:
And you'll never get him!!! :lol:
Whoever is the other goon, it's playing really well and it's off the scumradar. I'm starting to consider that's not Sam, but rather atma/Sudai, leaning to atma (I've rechecked Sudai posts but since he's been away due to his grandfather {which btw I hope he's better} there's not much stuff to check).
So, atma, I ask you this: can you detail why Sudai is your in your suspect list? (I don't think there's much explaining why he thinks Sam/me look scummy).
Hmm this is actually a good point, but it depends, did lego say that quote before or after Vaya named Sam as her main suspect? If that quote was beforehand, it doesn't help much, but if Lego said that after Vaya named dropped Sam, I might have to agree with you that it makes Sam look less like scum.

Also, in regards to my suspicion of Sudai, I mentioned it a long time ago, definitely before cop claimed, so I honestly don't remember the exact reasons why, but I will also check that and post again. I do remember that part of it was just a gut feeling about him though.
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by atma »

Okay, I reread the topic and checked up upon a few things.

Lego's last words were said AFTER Vaya claimed cop and said Sam was mafia. In my opinion, this makes Sam look a lot better, as Lego said we'll never catch him, implying the mafia man was not under suspicion. Also, he said his partner learned something, leading me to believe his partner is someone new and not Sam, the experienced one of the group. And I doubt legomaniac, being new himself, would think to lie about all that in order to trick us. In fact, I would wager he didn't realize he left some hints at all.

As for my suspicion towards Sudai, I will summarize what I said in earlier posts. For one, I found it strange to not just suggest a no lynch, but to suggest it based on statistics he found somewhere. Especially since he said he found itavc to be scummy, so it seemed strange he would want to no lynch.
Also, he made a point to say he thought lego was town, and then immediately posted again saying he thought was scummy, sort of as an afterthought. It seemed to me like he was covering himself to not look like he was sided one way or another too much.

Unfortunately, I haven't gathered much more from him due to his recent inactivity. Anyway, I'd like to hear what you guys think on this some more. I'm cautiously leaning more towards a Evil/Sudai lynch now.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Manzcar »

Wow things seem to be moving really slow with the thread here. I need to look over everything again but I do not lean towards anyone but Sam at this time.
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by atma »

Manzcar, yes the thread is slow, but I believe I addressed a few interesting points in my posts.

Manzcar, I would like to know what you think in regards to lego's last words. Do you think this is a reasonable assumption I reached or no?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Manzcar »

I think his last words are WIFOM. If Sam is scum and lego is his scum buddy he would like nothing more than to make you think that we have the wrong guy cornered. But then we may have the wrong guy cornered and he played that angle up because he knew we were going to go after Sam today. Either way trying to decipher a dead mans last words is wifom.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

I don't know how I can have any input here without looking scummy, but I will say that lego seemed like a fairly new player himself -- a sort of Charlie "Wild Card" player from Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

My top suspect is Sudai... I'm going to reread Manzcar to see if I can come up with anything as well.
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by atma »

I realized that Lego's words could easily be WIFOM, but as sam said, lego was obviously a new player and I'm not convinced he would think to say such wifom. Though I suppose basing the entirety of anything off of his words would be foolish. Especially because sam continues to seem scummy to me.

Though I have been having a hard time trying to find anything scummy about Manzcar, and no one seems to suspect him at all, which bothers me a tiny bit. Hmm.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:32 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

atma wrote:I realized that Lego's words could easily be WIFOM, but as sam said, lego was obviously a new player and I'm not convinced he would think to say such wifom. Though I suppose basing the entirety of anything off of his words would be foolish. Especially because sam continues to seem scummy to me.
See, that's why I never suspected lego of anything on day one in the first place. Everyone thought he was scummy, but I couldn't tell if he had scum motivations or was just being newish.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Manzcar »

Deadline is in just 5 days if my calculations are correct. I'm affraid this day has gone nowhere. If Sam is not scum we will be in LYLO with no real information. It will be important to all those left to do a lot of digging.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:55 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Deadline is in 6 days.

Vote count hasn't changed since just up the page

I'm just going to prod everyone to remind them of the deadline to be safe.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 am

Post by atma »

Okay so here's the thing: I am more confident in a Sudai/Evil Sonidow lynch right now than a sam lynch. However, there is nothing I could do to change the vote to Sudai since there are two votes already on sam. I wouldn't mind hammering on sam, just that I would prefer lynching one of my other suspects. Sam has been scummy though so I wouldn't be opposed to hammering him.

Sam, could you perhaps give some reasoning for your FOS on Sudai? Cause just calling names out doesn't really help your case.

And I really wish Sudai/Evil Sonidow would have said more this day, because I need to get a current read on them.

Anyway, I suppose I'll wait for a bit to see if anyone else shows up, but if you guys are ready then I can hammer whenever.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Vote atma.
His sudden suspicion on Manzcar bothers me since, although I disagree with the way he applies his method, he has clearly been looking pro-town the whole time. Besides, your behavior is looking too strange for me.
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:42 am

Post by atma »

Evil Sonidow wrote:
Vote atma.
His sudden suspicion on Manzcar bothers me since, although I disagree with the way he applies his method, he has clearly been looking pro-town the whole time. Besides, your behavior is looking too strange for me.
Point out the place where I said I suspected Manzcar.

Oh wait, I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth, you sir, are a scumball.
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:49 am

Post by atma »

Any one else wanna back an Evil Sonidow lynch with me? He votes me based on a false accusation and then says I just seem strange without providing any evidence of such a claim.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by sam.samhorn »

atma wrote:Any one else wanna back an Evil Sonidow lynch with me? He votes me based on a false accusation and then says I just seem strange without providing any evidence of such a claim.
Yeah. Otherwise I die, and I'm a townie.
unvote, vote Evil Sonidow
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by sam.samhorn »

atma remember if Sodinow isn't scum then I'm voting for you tomorrow.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Though I have been having a hard time trying to find anything scummy about Manzcar, and no one seems to suspect him at all, which bothers me a tiny bit
I read that as a suspicion, otherwise there's no reason to be bothered with.
You'll be doing a mistake lynching me (this is not a threat, if anyone may think that), but you'll be wasting a day. I'm keeping my vote on atma, as I believe he's scum. More like gut feeling than anything, but still.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”