curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also juls, up until now (that I have heat) have you indicated you thought I was scummy in any way?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Juls »

@CKD - Yes.
Juls iso 30 wrote:I reread canadianbovine in iso and at best he has been unhelpful.
I kinda want to lynch him but am gun-shy for some reason. Part of the reason is that two others are also bothering me by the same merits: CKD and CDB. All three of these have been either lurking or not very helpful.
What CKD does have going for him though is that he claims to be busy lately or at least not being able to participate. Also, CB is targetting him which kinda throws my whole read off. Bussing is possible but unlikely at the front of each of their respective wagons. CDB was a bit more helpful day one but has had quiet a few "filler" posts about other games.
-------------------------------------
Juls
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

curiouskarmadog wrote:juls, he didnt start out as vanilla so how is he going to know why inital PM...also, I think if he could vouch for me, he a.) would have done so by now and b.) wouldnt be voting me.

strange question.

also CB, why did you chose to talk in Korean? so you did it because Reck did? why dont say some tagline for kate? you had to know at one point me might all have to claim, why did you think that would be a good idea?
why would i quote kate?

im juliet, remember?

Zoneace wrote: 3 town members tongiht? there were only 2 kills last night, did you just let slip something?

Also, the last person that was "chopped liver" is still alive, so I think i'll continue to worry about you, since the town seems unwilling to lynch scummy players.
since im lynched at dusk, dusk is the start of night.

Me (1) + Scum kill (2) + SK/vig kill (3)

how many votes am i at.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

not nearly enough

and I still don't get why you posted a korean quote from Jin, if you're Juliet. posting a quote like that is clearly something a person does if they want to breadcrumb something, but why breadcrumb a role you arent.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Juls »

I didnt see the trailing posts on the last page until just now.

@CKD - I understand it is a question that is going to be hard to verify but without asking someone else to claim I am checking with the one other person alive that claims vanilla.
-------------------------------------
Juls
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ZONEACE wrote:not nearly enough

and I still don't get why you posted a korean quote from Jin, if you're Juliet. posting a quote like that is clearly something a person does if they want to breadcrumb something, but why breadcrumb a role you arent.
i was having fun with the game, that was in the point of RVS.

again. Reckoner breadcrumbing desmond...yet no ones asking why he isnt desmond. I breadcrumbed Jin...so everyone assumes im Jin? What role could jin possibly fit?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

canadianbovine wrote:

again. Reckoner breadcrumbing desmond...yet no ones asking why he isnt desmond. I breadcrumbed Jin...so everyone assumes im Jin? What role could jin possibly fit?
what role could juliet possibly fit?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

asking questions like that it pointless cause Juliet is a lot more suited to be the doctor than alpert, but hey, alpert was the doctor, so.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

moar death on CB please.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:22 pm

CB I meant juliet...

I already think Reck is scummy.

again, why did you think it would be a good idea to crumb anything you are not in RVS or not RVS?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by Santos »

Holy crap, I forgot ChannelBird was playing.

Channel, what is your opinion on name claims and would you believe or not believe the flavor indicating alignment?

CanadianBovine, you have not answered the above, either. Please answer.

Also, CanadianBovine is appealing to emotion. Just thought I'd point that out since no one else seem to have done so.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree that CB is appealing to emotion rather than honestly defending himself.

I want to hear from CDB on that issue, since he has experience with him. If anyone else has experience with CB, please pitch in your two cents here if you think this fits his town or scum meta.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

canadianbovine wrote:

This is a useless train of thought. What is CB at? L-3? L-1? I'm ready to vote him now. The AtE was just sad, and a quick iso read (I'm in class, can't pay 100% attention) is enough to convince me.
green shirt thursdays
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:23 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Santos:
Santos [780] wrote:ZONEACE, you're tunneling an awful lot. Why are you not looking at other players like curiouskarmadog and canadianbovine who have not been doing much at all except asking random questions?
<snip>
Why did you say this, when it was not true about Zoneace, but was true about *you*?
Santos [704] wrote:Yeah, I would vouch for RECKONER in losing an ability now being on the island.
Does that make Reckoner innocent?

CB:
canadianbovine [880] wrote:<snip>
No, here’s the actual post:
canadianbovine [43] wrote:
EmpTyger wrote: Reckoner:
xRECKONERx [36] wrote: I also don't like the pushing for a Lockewagon. RV on Locke, okay. Pushing for a wagon on the basis of obvious scum, no.
Who has been “pushing for a wagon on the basis of obvious scum”, rather than RVing?
[says to someone who hasnt posted yet]

그는 그녀를 좋아하는 그녀가 알고 있는것 같아요 ?
Reckoner is making a serious point. I ask him a serious question. You quote us, and then add your line in response.
canadianbovine [880, cont] wrote:again. Reckoner breadcrumbing desmond...yet no ones asking why he isnt desmond. I breadcrumbed Jin...so everyone assumes im Jin? What role could jin possibly fit?
This might be more believable if your primary argument against Jason hadn’t been that you didn’t like how he breadcrumbed his role.
canadianbovine [877] wrote:<snip>
Zoneace wrote: 3 town members tongiht? there were only 2 kills last night, did you just let slip something?
<snip>

<snip>
Why is (3) going to be killing a town? This is the second time that you’ve stated that.

Zoneace:
Stop rushing the CB lynch. He’s not going anywhere, and I’d have thought that you’d have been interested in having Santos explain himself.
ZONEACE [857] wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:On the jebus lynch was CB, EMp, and reck. I would bet money that 1 (or more) scum was on this lynch...call it gut
I said this at the beginning of today. That entire wagon looked premeditated. except for emp (who was on jebus for a long time) it was like the wagon was specifically an attempt to derail the reckoner wagon yesterday.
You’re already conceding me, and Reckoner clearly is not going to vote himself over anyone. So that leaves CB, who if anything derailed the *Jason* wagon, not the Reckoner one. And that’s neither an “entire wagon” nor “premeditated”. If anything, it’s 1 person being opportunistic.

VP:
I’m sorry if I gave the impression that I would definitely be revealing something significant today. At this point, I don’t expect to be. I can elaborate on [737] if you’d like, but for the most part it won’t be directly related to what prompted my reread, just incidental things I noticed in the course of it. (Actually, I should probably do this anyway, but running to work now.)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Emp wrote:I’m sorry if I gave the impression that I would definitely be revealing something significant today. At this point, I don’t expect to be. I can elaborate on [737] if you’d like, but for the most part it won’t be directly related to what prompted my reread, just incidental things I noticed in the course of it. (Actually, I should probably do this anyway, but running to work now.)
My main concern is that if you are town and the scum come after you tonight, your information dies with you. Obviously it is a calculated risk to reveal, but it's not going to help us if you just simply die when there is something we should know.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: Of course, if you don't think it will be that helpful at this point, then it is best to just keep it to yourself for now.
YOUR AD HERE

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

VP Baltar wrote:CDB-I don't think I have a very clear indication of who you think is scum. Little help here.
VP Baltar wrote:I agree that CB is appealing to emotion rather than honestly defending himself.

I want to hear from CDB on that issue, since he has experience with him. If anyone else has experience with CB, please pitch in your two cents here if you think this fits his town or scum meta.
While I don't think he's today's lynch anymore, I'm still wary of Reckoner. Santos can vouch for his ability having changed since returning to the island, but unless I've missed it I don't believe he said he knows for sure whether only town could have their abilities changed in this way - considering the twist-filled nature of the show, I find this unlikely, and therefore not necessarily clearing him. There are too many unanswered questions about how these role changes work, etc, to lynch Reckoner today anymore, though, I'd wager.

So with that, I'm still trying to decide who I think I'd rather lynch today. My initial instinct is not to lynch CB - he's posting much the same as I remember from Save The Mafia. I would say he's less apologetic than that game though, where he made an early goof which everyone kept referring to, but I don't really see any comparable reason for him to act apologetic in this game. I'm still waiting to hear a satisfactory explanation for his Korean crumbing, though, which I am a little suspicious of.

I might have to have another look at EmpTyger (that's not an accusation, more thinking out loud at this stage).
Santos wrote:Channel, what is your opinion on name claims and would you believe or not believe the flavor indicating alignment?
CDB will do fine.

The answer to this question is implicit in the title of the game. As a rule I wouldn't take flavour as an alignment indicator in any game anyway, but in a Lost game? Definitely not. As a moderator I never go with the obvious names-to-roles, so I don't assume that other mods will.
#greenshirtthursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:01 am

CB? does anyone else know if he is posting elsewhere?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

CDB wrote:So with that, I'm still trying to decide who I think I'd rather lynch today.
Well, it sounds like you'd prefer a reckoner lynch, correct?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:CB? does anyone else know if he is posting elsewhere?
I don't. Let's find out.

CB, can you link us to all of your ongoing games please?
YOUR AD HERE

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

VP Baltar wrote:
CDB wrote:So with that, I'm still trying to decide who I think I'd rather lynch today.
Well, it sounds like you'd prefer a reckoner lynch, correct?
My gut says lynch Reckoner, my head says not. I'm looking at alternatives.
#greenshirtthursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

Santos wrote:Holy crap, I forgot ChannelBird was playing.

Channel, what is your opinion on name claims and would you believe or not believe the flavor indicating alignment?

CanadianBovine, you have not answered the above, either. Please answer.

Also, CanadianBovine is appealing to emotion. Just thought I'd point that out since no one else seem to have done so.

name claims in this game mean nothing. CKD has said that he has nearly the same flavor in his quote as i do.

[outguess the mod time] in my little world, isnt a safeclaim usually just giving you a name that isnt used by others, or a role name?
xrx wrote:
This is a useless train of thought. What is CB at? L-3? L-1? I'm ready to vote him now. The AtE was just sad, and a quick iso read (I'm in class, can't pay 100% attention) is enough to convince me.
:roll: i've been asking the same question. lacking a vote count here mod.
EmpTyger wrote:

CB:
canadianbovine [880] wrote:<snip>
No, here’s the actual post:
canadianbovine [43] wrote:
EmpTyger wrote: Reckoner:
xRECKONERx [36] wrote: I also don't like the pushing for a Lockewagon. RV on Locke, okay. Pushing for a wagon on the basis of obvious scum, no.
Who has been “pushing for a wagon on the basis of obvious scum”, rather than RVing?
[says to someone who hasnt posted yet]

그는 그녀를 좋아하는 그녀가 알고 있는것 같아요 ?
Reckoner is making a serious point. I ask him a serious question. You quote us, and then add your line in response.
canadianbovine [880, cont] wrote:again. Reckoner breadcrumbing desmond...yet no ones asking why he isnt desmond. I breadcrumbed Jin...so everyone assumes im Jin? What role could jin possibly fit?
This might be more believable if your primary argument against Jason hadn’t been that you didn’t like how he breadcrumbed his role.
canadianbovine [877] wrote:<snip>
<snip>

<snip>
Why is (3) going to be killing a town? This is the second time that you’ve stated that.
what i said in korean has absolutely nothing to do with what you guys were talking about. it was irrelevant.

you make a valid point that i voted jason for breadcrumbing..

only im NOT breadcrumbing. I, CanadianBovine, am Juliet Burke!

:roll: fine. 2, possibly 3 townies will be killed tonight.
curiouskarmadog wrote:CB? does anyone else know if he is posting elsewhere?
this goes to VP baltar, i know you asked as well.

i have no other games right now, i was playing in...

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11763

day night mafia, i got lynched day 2 because cop fingered me [correctly] as scum.

Reckoner probably knows me best [better then CDB], last 3 games i've been in have been with him, and CDB died early in...the game he was talking [not remembering the number right now]

MOD: VOTECOUNT PLEASE

to vp, zone, and tyger:

since ill probably be gone pretty soon.

if you guys are town you guys played a worse game then Reckonertown [reference to VP saying reck played a bad game if town]

if you guys are scum i applaud you.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

CB wrote:[outguess the mod time] in my little world, isnt a safeclaim usually just giving you a name that isnt used by others, or a role name?
No. I've received full fakeclaims before. Depends on the mod.
CB wrote:Reckoner probably knows me best [better then CDB], last 3 games i've been in have been with him, and CDB died early in...the game he was talking [not remembering the number right now]
I know you hate meta and all Reck, but surely you have some insight into if this seems closer to bovine's town play or scum play.

I'll check the game you linked in a bit.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Here's the game he's referring to, I believe. Honestly, there's not much difference between how CB played in that game and how he's playing now.
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

he said you played 3 games together and already linked that one. What were the others?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”