California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 69 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

zwetschenwasser: 3 (Bagel Eating Cowfrog, Mighty Orbots, Talilan)
elmosaurian: 1 (MrJellyLee)
GoofballsAndBaloons: 1 (Thok)

Not Voting: 6 (elmosaurian, Gaspar, GoofballsAndBaloons, Rawr Hydra, ShadowLurker, zwetschenwasser)

Current Condorcet Winner:
zwetschenwasser

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put the following information into this form.

1,Bagel Eating Cowfrog
2,elmosaurian
3,Gaspar
4,GoofballsAndBaloons
5,Mighty Orbots
6,MrJellyLee
7,Rawr Hydra
8,ShadowLurker
9,Talilan
10,Thok
11,zwetschenwasser
12,No Lynch
13,Mr. Grey

1:11>7>2=3=4=6=9=10>5>8>12>1
1:3>11>1>4=6=7=8=9=10>5>12>2
1:11>6=10>4=7=8>1=2=5>12>3>9
1:11>8>1=2=6=7=9=10>3=5>4>12
1:11>6=7>4=8>1=2=3=10>9=12>5
1:2>10>1=5=7=8=11>3>4>12>13>6>9
1:1=2=3=4=5=6=8=9=10=11=12>7
1:11>6=7>3>1>10>12>5>2>4>9>8
1:11>3>2>5=7=8=10>6>4>1>12>9
1:4>7>6>1=5>8>12>11>2=3>10>9
1:1=2=3=4=5=6=7=8=9=10=12>11
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Looks like I'm getting lynched today. If I had information to give town I would do so, but I'm willing to put up my last picture before I go to the underworld. Just tell me what to post on stage.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Gaspar »

So, in the last post I made, I didn't read the last page at all... didn't even know it existed.

I'm getting cold feet about the Zwetwagon in the face of KY's switch. It makes me feel that one was on scum (KY), and the other on town (Zwet). Talilan's vote for Zwet doesn't please me either, considering how scummy I believe she is.

Vote: Talilan
, [people], No Lynch, Gaspar
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:31 am

Way too much hesitancy in that post compared to your earlier rantings for my lynch and a claim and such.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Gaspar »

Talilan wrote:Why was the OMGUS so unashamedly swift?
Actually, if Elmosaurian and I could have voted for you before you entered the thread, I'm quite sure we would have done so. You're accusing Elmosaur (and myself now, I assume) by OMGUS on a mere technicality, when it's apparent that we suspected you long before you had read a single one of our posts, much less stated you think we're scummy.

Talilan wrote:- View e.g. Post 102 by us (me) on-stage. Gaspar and yourself's scenario of us being scum relies on us intending to subvert the overall opinion despite the knowledge the advocates provide. If this were the case you cannot explain why we changed our mind to saying that voting for Valentine to drive was inevitable, and that there was really no alternative (this alone means you should have adjusted your opinions of us, but apparently you're still tunneled down the same path without recognising that if you were town you should have changed your suspicions in response to our actions).
Actually, you just answered your own question, I think. You decided that voting for Valentine was the inevitable correct choice. What that tells me is that aside from Hewitt, you couldn't drum up enough support to get the town to make the wrong decision... so you said "yep, we'd better vote Valentine" to try and save face.

Talilan wrote:- We never announced any intention of going through with a vote for Locke to drive.
This is largely irrelevant. You very seirously questioned a decision which should be completely obvious. You also (as I pointed out in Post 315) did the following:
1) You suggested that the players On Camera follow a plan which you are told will turn a townsperson into a Scum, in order to spend a future day lynching that player;
2) You tried to steer away from the "Follow Valentine" consensus by suggesting that following Valentine would lead to a similar (if not equal) result, which is preposterous considering one result is Good, while the other is Bad.

Your discussion early on was very much geared towards making people question the idea of "Locke is town, Valentine is town, and they both know that FOLLOW VALENTINE is the GOOD decision." When you couldn't find people to sway to your side, you abandoned the idea and decided that Follow Valentine was the necessary decision.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Gaspar »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Way too much hesitancy in that post compared to your earlier rantings for my lynch and a claim and such.
I wanted claims because I suspected both you and KY approximately equally, they were two rivaling wagons, and we were approaching a deadline. I wanted some way of distinguishing between these two wagons, so that I could make a firmer decision. That's why I moved to put KY at 4 votes, and continued to press for a claim from him.

Of course, KY has taken an action which very clearly made up my mind as to which of you two is more likely to be scum. He took himself out of the equation with a sloppy and useless post, and that makes it MUCH more likely that he's scum leaving a townie (YOU) out to dry. Combine that with the fact that Talilan -- who is obvscum -- came in and basically put the nail in your coffin, and there's no hesitancy whatsoever... I've flat-out changed my mind about you based on KY's and Talilan's behavior.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 am

Hm... Something's not right about this.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Gaspar »

By the way, we still have nearly three FULL days to make a lynch. Not sure why you're being so fatalistic, but there's plenty of D1 left to be played.
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Bagel Eating Cowfrog »

Way too much hesitancy in that post compared to your earlier rantings for my lynch and a claim and such.
Interestingly, for my money Glork's switch here is the first time he has made a move that's actually felt pro-town to me.

Finding it tough to articulate this, but I don't think Talilan is scum. Possible that I've been buddied up to successfully, but it's more that given their explanation for how events unfolded (in particular that they didn't have the rules in front of them) it makes less sense to me that they were trying to mislead the town and more sense that they had legit forgotten that there was one good and one bad choice. Considering how many rules violations we've had, it's pretty clear that even here, with the rules in front of us we're having trouble following them, and indeed have had a significant meta discussion.

I want more pressure on Thok. Conciliatory tone feels off to me. Need to consult with my other heads, though. In the meantime, not as certain as I was on zwet.

- Shanba
dahill+hascow+Shanba
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 am

Gaspar hasn't really shown any trends to completely reversing his thought process on me. I'm actually going to

Vote: Gaspar
, Mighty Orbots, Shadow Lurker
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Gaspar »

Define "trends."
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Talilan »

Gaspar (424) wrote:In the meantime, I can't wait for Talilan to respond to the posts I've made regarding her.
Haha. Because my post does not contain direct quotes of yours does not mean I haven't thoroughly dressed down all the arguments you provided against us and shown why they betray you as scummy, not ourselves. As I said, you are welcome to defend your scummy behaviour or we will put in our best efforts to lead you to the noose, before or after your buddy zwet.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Talilan, you act as if you had a solid case against Gaspar. Except, I'm not seeing it anywhere. Thus your zwet vote is looking opportunistic to me.

-DGB
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm pretty sure Gaspar is scum at the moment.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Talilan »

Gaspar (429) wrote:Actually, if Elmosaurian and I could have voted for you before you entered the thread, I'm quite sure we would have done so.
Attacking someone who is not in the thread and is therefore not able to defend themselves is not a point in your favour.
Gaspar (429) wrote:You're accusing Elmosaur (and myself now, I assume) by OMGUS on a mere technicality
I would attack anyone for the scummy tunnely attack you made on us (and of a similar nature to the one you made on MafiaJin). You conveniently pick your targets off camera then after forming contrived plans to pull them off-stage suggest that they are scum for pointing out the several flawed logic you're using makes you scum.
Gaspar (429) wrote:when it's apparent that we suspected you long before you had read a single one of our posts, much less stated you think we're scummy.
Again, this is the privilege you get when you're off-stage, I'm not sure how it's supposed to be a point in your favour.
Gaspar (429) wrote:Actually, you just answered your own question, I think. You decided that voting for Valentine was the inevitable correct choice. What that tells me is that aside from Hewitt, you couldn't drum up enough support to get the town to make the wrong decision... so you said "yep, we'd better vote Valentine" to try and save face.
This is exactly what I mean about favouring a singular extremely tunneled version of events to any equally likely possibilities.
Gaspar (429) wrote:You very seirously questioned a decision which should be completely obvious.
No, it wasn't obvious in any sense. This is your scummy spin again. Furthermore as has been pointed out you neglected to attack hewitt who considered exactly the same course of action as us. You also neglect to mention that MrJellyLee was strongly considering the advocates were lying or had been given misleading information even though they actually replaced into the off-camera thread and had the benefit of the discussion which took place beforehand. Your behaviour is inconsistent (you are soooo sure we are scum for doing the same thing other players whom you've failed to attack have done. Your reasoning for not attacking hewitt when questioned was also poor.)
Gaspar (429) wrote:You suggested that the players On Camera follow a plan which you are told will turn a townsperson into a Scum, in order to spend a future day lynching that player;
Please tell me how this is scummy and also how suggesting equals definitively advocating.
Gaspar (429) wrote:2) You tried to steer away from the "Follow Valentine" consensus by suggesting that following Valentine would lead to a similar (if not equal) result, which is preposterous considering one result is Good, while the other is Bad.
No, we didn't. This is your scummy spin coming in again, maintaining that "we intended to steer them away from following Valentine all along". Note you signalled intentions to tunnel on us and ignore any town-signals as early as 238:
Gaspar (238) wrote:Just chiming in to say that I don't like Talilan's badgering of Locke either. I should think that anybody with half a brain would know that Following Locke is the Bad decision, and Following Valentine is the Good decision. Whats worse is, I'm almost certain Talilan will pass it off as flavor/acting, which is entirely unprovable one way or another. (There's one other explanation they may provide, which I don't want to give in advance. I want to see if they come up with it themselves.) We'll tell them to knock it off if they ever play in a scene again, and that will be that.
Being "almost certain Talilan will pass it off as flavor/acting" means being "almost certain" that we will deliberately lie/deceive about our behaviour, which guarantees we are scum. I'm curious as to how you got such a strong read on us right then. I'm also curious as to what that other explanation we were supposed to provide was.

The other point is that you totally ignore that we asked for a poll of the off-camera crew (yep, it doesn't factor into your consideration of our alignment at all, which is completely ridiculous) which effectively forces our hand even if we had been trying to derail the game.
Gaspar (415) wrote:Talilan, you act as if you had a solid case against Gaspar. Except, I'm not seeing it anywhere. Thus your zwet vote is looking opportunistic to me.
The above and 415 constitutes a very solid case against Gaspar as far as I'm concerned. They demonstrate his attacks do not come from the perspective of a pro-town player but one who formulates selective tells in an attempt to interfere with the on-camera action and earlier get the director lynched. Zwet has always been scum, I think I was the second person to comment on it after yourself and in even stronger terms. Note I originally tried to vote zwet, Gaspar and elmo as an indifferent top 3 but that's not allowed. I would readily change to Gaspar but intended to help him bus zwet (although now he's given up on that).

Tags removed. Please use bold only for voting. - Mod
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Talilan »

Also Gaspar and Yos wouldn't independently buy such poorly reasoned attacks on us. They are scum together. Yos' vague pre-emptive asserion that Glork's play was off (when it was obvious at least to us coming back in the thread), his failure to finish a crucial line in Post 315 which looks like he was trying to think of a valid reason to post rather than giving an honest response; his failure to respond when both Glork and myself pointed it out; and the fact Yos was in this game when I posted 415 but failed to respond to it having simply laid down a scummy vote for us with no reasoning; posted in other games; then came back and posted in other games but still didn't respond to us are all scummy.

Tags removed. Please use bold only for voting. - Mod
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

Talilan wrote: - We never announced any intention of going through with a vote for Locke to drive.
I never said you did. As I said, it seemed like you were doing your best to confuse the issue, when it seemed fairly steightfoward.
- We had no access to the off-camera thread to see e.g. Thok's opinion that mith would never directly lie to players.
That's not really a defense here.

All the information that you needed was in the rules, which was in your thread. There were only two paragraphs located under the "on camera" thing, in the rules that were in your thread, and it very clearly states in there that some choices are good and that some are bad; you kept saying stuff to try to make everyone else think that both choices were bad, and you should have known better.

It also makes the same thing clear in the "endgame" section of the rule, where it makes clear that the kind of endgame we get is based on how many "good" and "bad" choices the town makes.

Plus, we had already started to discuss this in thread while you were here, before the scene started.
- We asked for a spot poll of those outside the thread on whether we should trust Locke, which defers our decision to other people. It really is astonishing that you can still pretend to find us scummy after actions such as this. But you're welcome to try and explain how this fits in with your Talilan-as-scum theory.
? So, you are trying to claim that you "asking for a spot poll" somehow proves you town, to the degree that anyone who doubts you must be scum?
- There was the additional point made in the thread from memory which seemed generally agreed with that the advocates would be stupid to lie as scum, because afterwards it would be transparent and they would get lynched. If so it seems equally bad if not worse play as scum, to, if one is not an advocate oneself, single-handedly argue against both what the advocates advocate
Nope. If an advocate lies, then we know he's scum. Someone who's not an advocate, though; well, it does look scummy when they argue the wrong way, obviously (that's why you look scummy here), but it gives you a little more wiggle room (like you're trying to use here.) This is such an absurd WIFOM argument, it's basically "I wouldn't do something scummy if I was scum because then I'd look scummy"

And you are welcome to explain why you weren't attempting to distance from Gaspar in post 305.
(nods) Yeah, you're scum, lol.

Person X: "I think person Y is scummy"

Person Z: "YOU ARE DISTANCING FROM PERSON Y! NOW PROVE THAT YOU'RE NOT!"

I mean, seriously, wtf?

Tag fixed. - Mod
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

Talilan wrote:Yos' vague pre-emptive asserion that Glork's play was off (when it was obvious at least to us coming back in the thread),
I'm pretty sure I was the only person attacking Glork for that at the time. Baiscally, I was the first one to point out that his play looks off. If you agree with me, then you sure as hell shouldn't be voting me for saying that, unless you're scum and don't really care.
his failure to finish a crucial line in Post 315 which looks like he was trying to think of a valid reason to post rather than giving an honest response
That's really, really silly.

I was jumping up and down when writing that post, and then I didn't preview it before I submitted it, so there was an editing error, a half-sentence that either shouldn't have been there or was left unfinished by mistake. I can't believe you're seriously trying to use such an obvious editing error as proof that "I was distancing from Glork"..
and the fact Yos was in this game when I posted 415 but failed to respond to it having simply laid down a scummy vote for us with no reasoning
I've been explaining all day why I suspected you. I wanted to give you a chance to explain yourself before I voted you, as I made clear in my earlier post. You failed to do so, so I voted you. I don't like not voting for someone when the day could suddenly end at any moment, so I wasn't planning on waiting long.
; posted in other games; then came back and posted in other games but still didn't respond to us are all scummy.
...wait...I'm scummy for...posting in other games?

Are you scum, or are you stupid?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Talilan »

elmo (441) wrote:I never said you did. As I said, it seemed like you were doing your best to confuse the issue, when it seemed fairly steightfoward.
To you and Glork it was very straightforward. To ourselves, and hewitt, and Jelly, it was not. Countenancing other possibilities is never scummy unless you're scum-Glork trying to paint it as such.

My guess on the scumteam would probably be: Gaspar, Elmosaurian, zwet, KY Crew, hewitt and actually, ShadowLurker
elmo (441) wrote:All the information that you needed was in the rules, which was in your thread
Please point me to the rule that says "the advocates will never be given untruthful or misleading information"
elmo (441) wrote: There were only two paragraphs located under the "on camera" thing, in the rules that were in your thread, and it very clearly states in there that some choices are good and that some are bad; you kept saying stuff to try to make everyone else think that both choices were bad, and you should have known better.

It also makes the same thing clear in the "endgame" section of the rule, where it makes clear that the kind of endgame we get is based on how many "good" and "bad" choices the town makes.
Paraphrasing what I wrote in our quicktopic on the 23rd:

"The only evidence against both getting the chance to defect is I'm fairly sure mith said the outcome was either good or bad. Which suggests there are two differing outcomes depending on who we choose to drive. But I guess that's sufficiently vague to perhaps maintain the possibility that they both could have symmetrical offers of being traitors.

I concur with you in that it doesn't seem bad play to just take ckd at his word, allow him to drive the bus then lynch him. At least we guarantee the lynch of scum- because either he's become scum or he already was scum and was lying."

I hope that has given you some insight into our thought process at the time. I would check with Grey to see if I'm allowed to directly quote from our quicktopic, I assume we can.
elmo (441) wrote:Plus, we had already started to discuss this in thread while you were here, before the scene started.
We had discussed nothing relevant to whether the advocates might be given misleading information, which is the only thing which is actually relevant.
elmo (441) wrote:? So, you are trying to claim that you "asking for a spot poll" somehow proves you town, to the degree that anyone who doubts you must be scum?
Did I say that? No, of course I didn't. You know that's a strawman as well as I do. What I said was that you and Gaspar didn't even take this into account when at the very least it should have been a mitigating factor. It's both a point in our favour and a reason why you both are scummy.
elmo (441) wrote:Nope. If an advocate lies, then we know he's scum.
Yes, I agree with you, as of this time.
elmo (441) wrote:Someone who's not an advocate, though; well, it does look scummy when they argue the wrong way, obviously (that's why you look scummy here), but it gives you a little more wiggle room (like you're trying to use here.) This is such an absurd WIFOM argument, it's basically "I wouldn't do something scummy if I was scum because then I'd look scummy"
Well you're the one who attacked us for it in the first place so I can only conclude your attack was an absurd WIFOM argument itself?
elmo (442) wrote:I'm pretty sure I was the only person attacking Glork for that at the time. Baiscally, I was the first one to point out that his play looks off. If you agree with me, then you sure as hell shouldn't be voting me for saying that, unless you're scum and don't really care.
I don't see why. I don't see any reason for such shallow analysis, especially in regards to players like yourself and Glork. I still believe you were distancing from him. The fact that I support your position on him yet you still vote me first (yet strangely still suspect him) just looks like you two are trying to push through a lynch of us before we cause too many problems for you.
elmo (442) wrote:I was jumping up and down when writing that post, and then I didn't preview it before I submitted it, so there was an editing error, a half-sentence that either shouldn't have been there or was left unfinished by mistake. I can't believe you're seriously trying to use such an obvious editing error as proof that "I was distancing from Glork"..
It's not just your behaviour after the fact, it's the fact to this day you still haven't finished the sentence. Please complete:

Yeah, well, that last game we played together I had a gut feeling you were scum there as well, and didn't follow up on it as much as I should have. We all know how that turned out, heh. My suspicions on you aren't really meta based; it's more about how your _________________________________

elmo (442) wrote:I've been explaining all day why I suspected you. I wanted to give you a chance to explain yourself before I voted you, as I made clear in my earlier post. You failed to do so, so I voted you.
So I take it we didn't defend ourselves satisfactorily? What argument could we have made which would have led you to not voting us at that point?
elmo (442) wrote:...wait...I'm scummy for...posting in other games?

Are you scum, or are you stupid?
Why did you post in the other games over this one?

Current scum-team call-out: Zwet, KY Crew, elmo, Gaspar, hewitt and...ShadowLurker (this does not need to be interpreted as an additional attack but just my gut at this moment).
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Talilan wrote:Attacking someone who is not in the thread and is therefore not able to defend themselves is not a point in your favour.

I would attack anyone for the scummy tunnely attack you made on us (and of a similar nature to the one you made on MafiaJin). You conveniently pick your targets off camera then after forming contrived plans to pull them off-stage suggest that they are scum for pointing out the several flawed logic you're using makes you scum.

Again, this is the privilege you get when you're off-stage, I'm not sure how it's supposed to be a point in your favour.
I never said it was a point in my favor. You accused Elmosaurian of OMGUS, when it's evident that Elmosaurian thought you were scum before you voted for him. I'm debunking your accusation, you ignorant cad.

By its very definition, OMGUS is voting for someone because they voted for you. This is not the case -- the suspicion existed long before you put Elmo and me at the top of your condorcet. You're trying to turn this into some different argument, but the fact remains that you made a completely invalid accusation. You're trying to reduce a very signifcant case into mere OMGUS, which I won't let by.
Talilan wrote:
Gaspar (429) wrote:You suggested that the players On Camera follow a plan which you are told will turn a townsperson into a Scum, in order to spend a future day lynching that player;
Please tell me how this is scummy and also how suggesting equals definitively advocating.
Gladly. You proposed that people follow Locke, so that he will switch alignments from Innocent to [Arbitrary Non-Innocent Alignment].

THE PREMISE WHICH YOU MUST ACCEPT HERE IS THAT LOCKE WAS INNOCENT TO BEGIN WITH.
This is an assumption I can't see any uninformed (read: Innocent) player making. Furthermore, you are suggesting that you would rather spend a Decision and a Day's Lynch to kill a person whom you have accepted as being Innocent if you are to use such a plan.

Stop and think about it for a second. Your suggestion was this:
Locke is innocent.
If we choose A, Locke will turn Scum. If we choose B, Locke will not turn scum.
You suggested that instead of leaving Locke alive (as innocent), that we turn Locke into scum and kill him.
Net result of Choosing A and then lynching Locke: One less innocent in the game, one dead player.
Net result of Choosing B: Same number of innocents, and the potential to lynch scum elsewhere.

Your suggestion was terrible. It was crap from the very beginning, and I challenge you to sit here and maintain a straight face while claiming it was a reasonable suggestion.

The fact that you say you didn't "definitively advocate" it is irrelevant. You're backing down from a HORRIBLE, COMPLETELY ANTI-TOWN suggestion by saying "oh, but I was only making conversation, not saying we should actually DO this." It's bull. You are scum.
Talilan wrote:
Gaspar (429) wrote:2) You tried to steer away from the "Follow Valentine" consensus by suggesting that following Valentine would lead to a similar (if not equal) result, which is preposterous considering one result is Good, while the other is Bad.
No, we didn't. This is your scummy spin coming in again, maintaining that "we intended to steer them away from following Valentine all along".
"Scummy spin" my foot. Let's look, word-for-word, at what you said:
Talilan wrote:Or do we let the unknown quantity drive, the one who knows but has not told us what will happen if she drives. The one who may have had the same offer as you, and may defect, but we will not know of it.
Questions for you:
1) Do you believe that Valentine had the same offer of "turn scum if the town follows you."
2a) If not, why would you even bring this up
2b) If so, how can "Innocent turns Scum" possibly make either decision GOOD for the town?

Note you signalled intentions to tunnel on us and ignore any town-signals as early as 238:
Talilan wrote:Being "almost certain Talilan will pass it off as flavor/acting" means being "almost certain" that we will deliberately lie/deceive about our behaviour, which guarantees we are scum. I'm curious as to how you got such a strong read on us right then. I'm also curious as to what that other explanation we were supposed to provide was.
How on earth does "flavor/acting" mean "lying about our behavior"? I have used flavor as an explanation for things when telling the truth, and I've used flavor to lie before. You're trying to force me into a circular argument, when all I'm saying is "this is how I believe she's going to explain it, and we won't have any way of proving whether she's lying or not."
Talilan wrote:The other point is that you totally ignore that we asked for a poll of the off-camera crew (yep, it doesn't factor into your consideration of our alignment at all, which is completely ridiculous) which effectively forces our hand even if we had been trying to derail the game.
If you look at the vote count when you asked for the poll, TWO peopele were voting for Valentine at the time, and ONE ADDTIONAL PERSON (MafiaJin) had just unvoted because we asked everyone to slow down and give us time to make a lynch. The decision was both obvious and nearly made, and you wanted to draw in another element. You want to use "asking for a poll" as a sign of fariness, when I saw it as a distraction, a way to try to appeal to yet another set of players who might bring Locke into question.
Talilan wrote:his failure to finish a crucial line in Post 315 which looks like he was trying to think of a valid reason to post rather than giving an honest response;
THIS IS COMPLETE HORSESHIT, TOO. I could probably find a hundred times where I was posting and simply forgot to finish a sentence because I got distracted by something else. For all you fucking know, whomever made that post had a phone call, and returned to the thread to start a new point. You are reading WAAAAYYYY too much into nothing, and just grasping at straws here.
Honestly, how can you accuse me of tunneling on finding excuses to call you scum, when you horribly misrepresent an incomplete sentence? I laughed it off, because it's something that just happens.

Dear god, people. Just kill Talilan already.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Talilan »

I gotta go, but
Talilan wrote:I concur with you in that it doesn't seem bad play to just take ckd at his word, allow him to drive the bus then lynch him. At least we guarantee the lynch of scum- because either he's become scum or he already was scum and was lying.
Rebuts more than half your post. It was never assumed that Locke was innocent to begin with.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Wait, wait, wait. So, pick player X. Any player in the game.

You would rather turn X into scum than possibly have X remain innocent?
Turning X into scum is the right play, because that guarantees that X isn't acting in our best interests?
Guranteeing that X is scum is the right decision, because that might be the GOOD decision for the town?

No. There is so much awful logic in your acceptance that I can't even put into words how irritated I am right now.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Talilan »

Zwet, it's Talitha here. Why are you pretty sure Gaspar is scum? Why are you so calm about being lynched?
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Also, I'm going to bite on this:
Talilan wrote:My guess on the scumteam would probably be: Gaspar, Elmosaurian, zwet, KY Crew, hewitt and actually, ShadowLurker
Why six scumbags, and why Hewitt and ShadowLurker?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Talilan »

I'm not going to enter into ortolan's arguments. It looks about as fun as trying to butt my head into a brick wall.

If anyone is actually interested in reality rather than the warped accusations that Gaspar is spinning, here you go:
Pretty sure I have never articulated this to ortolan, but when I made the suggestion to Locke that he drive and we lynch him as a matyr - it was as much about getting a reaction/read on him as anything, because I didn't quite trust his matyr act (he was saying that choosing not to lead would get him killed by scum, but that he had to do it anyway).
His response was to ask me if I really thought that was the best course of action. Just a small thing, but it actually made me feel a bit better about Locke's genuineness.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”