charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by charter »

No. People need to unvote VP and vote Xyl or Thesp. Thesp's VP vote was nothing but a bandwagon vote, and then 24 hours later, he's all of a sudden fine with a VP lynch? I doubt it. This is all after Thesp says he wants to vote VP, but agrees with VP's SC push (waffle much?) and doesn't commit to anywhere despite complaining that there's so many people that need voting. Later he says "VP needs to die". NOTHING SINCE THEN. Come on, how are people still letting Thesp get by without him giving reasons for his suspicions?

It's pretty obvious that VP is going to be a mislynch, so all those voting him need to switch their vote.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:It's pretty obvious that VP is going to be a mislynch, so all those voting him need to switch their vote.
It's not obvious to me at all.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by charter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
charter wrote:It's pretty obvious that VP is going to be a mislynch, so all those voting him need to switch their vote.
It's not obvious to me at all.
Ok...
Of course it would be too helpful to give your reasons for voting VP in the first place, or to give reasons you are so sure he's scum, or tell us who you actually think is scum and why. Maybe after that it will be obvious why VP will be a mislynch.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

hmm

unvote

tajo totally scumbag

done.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I don't have any reason to think VP Baltar is
not
scum.

Right now I'd be reluctant to lynch... hmm... elvis, Ojanen, roflcopter, Yosarian2, zu_Faul, and maybe Thesp. I'd definitely be on a lynch of charter, ekiM, PookyTheMagicalBear, or VP Baltar. Everyone else is undecided.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by charter »

Xylthixlm wrote:I don't have any reason to think VP Baltar is
not
scum.
What the hell? This isn't how it works at all, unless you are saying that there are so many scummy things about him, there's no possible way he could be town. If that's the case, please list some of them to enlighten the rest of us.
Right now I'd be reluctant to lynch... hmm... elvis, Ojanen, roflcopter, Yosarian2, zu_Faul, and maybe Thesp. I'd definitely be on a lynch of charter, ekiM, PookyTheMagicalBear, or VP Baltar. Everyone else is undecided.
That's an incredibly convenient list there. Top two current vote holders, silent person, and person who's voting you. Why are you suspicious of those four people?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:
not
scum.
What the hell? This isn't how it works at all
Not for you maybe... but I find it works pretty well for me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by charter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
charter wrote:
not
scum.
What the hell? This isn't how it works at all
Not for you maybe... but I find it works pretty well for me.
Ok... Still waiting on this.
charter wrote:Why are you suspicious of those four people?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:
That's an incredibly convenient list there. Top two current vote holders, silent person, and person who's voting you. Why are you suspicious of those four people?
Because I am suspicious of everyone by default, and those four have not done anything to lessen my suspicions.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by charter »

Ok then...
What has everyone else done to lessen your suspicions of them so much?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:Ok then...
What has everyone else done to lessen your suspicions of them so much?
Now you're asking the right question. You're not going to like the answer, but you're asking the right question.

roflcopter: I think I know how roflcopter thinks, and this seems to be his town play. Gut feeling town.

elvis_knits: Gut feeling town. Play is consistent with past games where she was town.

zu_Faul: Gut feeling town. I could probably find some quotes on what's giving me that feeling if I need to.

Ojanen: Gut feeling town. (See a pattern?) Somewhat weaker than the first reads; possibly influenced by buddying.

Yosarian2:
Not
gut feeling town. Feels too logical; can't really get a read on what he's really thinking. I think I'll be able to figure out his alignment later, though, and he's an asset for the town, so I'd rather not lynch him.

Thesp: Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling because he's buddying up to me. That's about it.

Everyone in the "undecided" category either has an inconclusive maybe-town read, or I just haven't looked.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:...am I writing my posts in Latin or something this game? It feels like everything I say this game is getting either misunderstood or misinterpreted by someone.
Noting for my eventual grand analysis of Yosarian2. Usually when
I
get that feeling it's because I'm scum and unconsciously making bullshit arguments.

zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by zu_Faul »

Ojanen wrote:@Yos, zu_Faul, tajo, roflcopter: please kindly list the other games if any you are currently in.
None.

Unvote: SerialClergyman
. Actually, he is talking some sense right now.

Vote: ekiM

I don't have time right now, I had a guest over the weekend who stays until tonight. I only skimmed the VP arguments; look closer at them tonight.

iamusername wrote:Well, alright, I'll ask directly now, then. Why did you disregard that argument?
I could perfectly buy some pro-town player being zealous and attacking all forms of bad logic (or suspected bad logic), even if this bad logic is to their benefit. I could hardly see scum do that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:...am I writing my posts in Latin or something this game? It feels like everything I say this game is getting either misunderstood or misinterpreted by someone.
I
get that feeling it's because I'm scum and unconsciously making bullshit arguments.
So, first you attack me because you think I'm "too logical", now you're saying you think I'm "making bullshit arguments"? Don't those two things contradict each other?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Yos, this is the second time you're on, why are you failing to comment on the pretty dramatic turn of VP related matters? Seems that you're just picking any negative comment against you from the thread and retorting to those.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by Ojanen »

@zu_Faul, can you be more precise in what you liked about SC's posting that lead you to unvoting?
I found your original reasons stated to be in a very dramatic and somewhat suspect form with the general accusations of lying and rolefishing etc. In comparison the unvote is vague.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:58 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Strike that, not original reasons but reasons you provided when tajo asked what the case is.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:16 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hey Zu, what do you think of Yos2?
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah, why is Yos beating a dead horse over kmd business and ignoring the VP Baltar drama?

Iamausername also posted without mentioning VP stuff.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:42 am

Post by iamausername »

elvis_knits wrote:Username in particular worries me because he had problems with VP before, but had opted to vote rofl. Yet when there was VP support, he came right over. Sort of like if there hadn't been support, he wouldn't have gone for VP.
Well, of course I wouldn't have switched if there wasn't so much more support for a VP wagon than a rofl wagon. So? Would you be voting ekiM right now if his wagon didn't have more support than anyone else you suspect?
charter wrote:IAUN, you also need to put down a vote on someone who can actually get votes
done and done.
Yosarian2 wrote:Do you really think ROFL acting overly confident is a scum tell coming from him?
No.

I think rofl misrepresenting KMD's acting overly confident as a scum slip is a scum tell, because I would expect him to be able to recognise overconfidence, seeing as how it is his bread and butter. I think rofl lying and saying he has never acted overconfident when I point this out is a scumtell.

(Also, the way he has, on both days, ended up voting for people on the assumption that they are scum with KMD and not voting the supposed obvscum KMD himself. And the suggestion that attacking Yos for any reason today is a scumtell. And the hypocrisy of accusing Serial of rolefishing for making a post exactly like one he himself had made a few posts earlier.)
Yosarian2 wrote:The whole point of that post was to demonstrate that Ojanen was wrong, in that my day 2 suspicion of KMD was not a sudden or "severe" change on my part. Which, frankly, is a pretty weak reason to attack someone anyway; town should make sudden and severe changes, but that's kind of beside the point here.
There was a sudden change, it just didn't happen at the start of D2. It happened when KMD unvoted BaB.

And it's not the sudden change that I find suspicious, it's the attempts to deny the fact that any such change actually happened.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ek wrote:Iamausername also posted without mentioning VP stuff.
In fairness, I think it is pretty clear he wants me dead.

I agree about Yos not mentioning it being weird, however. I would think that any player posting would at least have some comment on me almost dying within a single page.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

VP Baltar wrote:
ek wrote:Iamausername also posted without mentioning VP stuff.
In fairness, I think it is pretty clear he wants me dead.
Actually, that's true. Since his vote is on you and continues ot be, I guess that's a clear message of his approval of everything that has happened with you.
VP wrote: I agree about Yos not mentioning it being weird, however. I would think that any player posting would at least have some comment on me almost dying within a single page.
Yeah, this is the first time I've really felt that Yos was acting scummy. Continuing to latch onto the kmd stuff is pretty pointless. There comes a time when both people have said everything they can on the matter. Yos can still think KMD is scum, but continuing to argue about it is sort of pointless. And doing something pointless instead of commenting on some dramatic events looks like he's purposely staying out of it and hoping that either the lynch will go through before he has to commit, or that he can come in later after the town has decided and blend in with what the majority are saying.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hmm

unvote

tajo totally scumbag

done.
Why do you think so, and why aren't you voting tajo in that case?
Talk nerdy to me.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
I
So, first you attack me because you think I'm "too logical", now you're saying you think I'm "making bullshit arguments"? Don't those two things contradict each other?
If we're going to argue semantics, I didn't say you're making bullshit arguments.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I want to see an all-players scum/town list from Yos.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”