Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Wicked - you can add these to the list:
ckd to faraday wrote:yeah, i thought you might say this. any reason you didnt say it yesterday? You had plenty of time to say this shit yesterday.....any reason you didnt? Did me saying you are scum (today) have anything to do with it? please explain how I could confirm someone if I was dead? I actually didnt really believe the KK claim at first (this all ties into my "crumb") and I have confirmed him. and you are saying this today and you dont know who (or if) I hid behind last night.

obv scum
ckd to Xyl wrote:you are an idiot..or scum.
ckd to Xyl wrote:I think trying to suggest that I am refusing to claim is scummy. i think trying to get me to claim before the mass claim is scummy. I think the fact that you are ignoring that both fucking scum groups went looking for me last night is scummy.
ckd to SC wrote:SC, was feeling good about until he suddenly flipped his opinion of me when he found out I was a power role.
It's certainly a common theme of CKD to accuse anyone who doubts his claim of being scummy, no matter who they are it seems.

Thanks for the congrats about the other game :) As for your question about meta, it's hard to say what I'd do all the time because that's my first game as scum, but if that's anything to go by I tend to be a not-bus person, and I think that would apply to me most of the time - I'm a big team player sort of guy and something about bussing doesn't sit right.

Having said that, if you look at the last day I was prepared to bus my partner (although having said THAT, I did steer the lynch to the non-partner).

Maybe go through the game and have a look so you can see what I mean rather than take my word for it?

As to why CKD HAD to have an innocent if the claim was true - I thought that back before I learned that CKD had only rarely been using his ability. If he was using it every night and was still alive at that point, the person who he hid behind the night before had to be innocent and alive (if they were scum or dead he'd be dead too) and so therefore there had to be someone alive and innocent.

More to post after CKD claims.
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:44 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #71=-

curiouskarmadog (2) - Xylthixlm, Wickedestjr
SerialClergyman (1) - Kmd4390
Faraday (1) - SpyreX

Not Voting (4) - curiouskarmadog, Faraday, Kublai Khan, SerialClergyman

5 to lynch.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Serial Clergyman, last question, before I take a look at your other game. Assuming that you are town in this game, do you think you would have bussed your partners if you were scum? When I say that, I mean Mastin and ZazieR.

Are people just ignoring my posts now? Because I have asked for scum lists from everybody and I only got one from Kmd. I would like some scum lists from the townies in this game. I would also like if some people would give their opinions on my theory on who the scum are, because I was serious about that. :wink:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I gave my scum list before you asked
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, now that everyone has claimed I feel I can make an educated vote. I'm not surprised by the fact that all remaining scum claimed townie, at least now there's no chance of a last-minute power-role fakeclaim.

I'm pretty sure that curiouskarmadog is lying about being a hider. I think he panicked that he was the lead vote-getter right at the deadline and knew that he couldn't claim vanilla since we've already lynched a claimed vanilla at deadline (Mufasa). So he fakeclaimed a hider role, but botched it by not listing who he hid behind right away, then his choice of me was iffy at best. Wickedestjr already made the point about the strangeness of his decision to hide behind a miller. I think his little "I made a breadcrumb" dance he's doing today is all about stalling so that his partners can bus him and make themselves look more town. So..

vote: curiouskarmadog

I think we're better off lynching Verm-scum today, then glossing over today's activity while trying to find curiouskarmadog & ZazieR's partner(s). I know it sounds anti-town to ignore a day's activity but bus fumes are a little thick.

My scumlist (per Wickedestjr's request) is SpyreX, Kmd4390, Faraday, SerialClergyman, Xylthixlm, Wickedestjr (scum to town)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

My turn, I am a Hider (in detail).
Here is the reason my me claiming funny sucks.

Night 0, Cat did not hide.
Night 1 and Night 2, I did not hide because I really didn’t trust anyone. I didn’t trust KK’s claim….And later in the days, I really didn’t trust the Mason’s or Neighbors claims. This was evident in my posts. Plus, I wasn’t really getting any heat so I didn’t think there was a reason to hide.

Night 3 I hid behind KK….

More on this…

Day 3 roled around and there were so many “townie” claims that I figured I had to chose one to try to confirm. Now I had a reason to hide. There were so many partner claims that in no way did I want to hide behind a mason or neighbor so I chose KK….out of all the “townie” claims, I thought he would be the safest to hide behind and might get us a confirmed townie in the process. That being said, it was obvious that I still had suspicion of KK (My post 61 and my post 62.)

Day 4 roles around and the ONLY person I state I think is town is KK
curiouskarmadog wrote:one last issue I have a problem with...the back track on stance....When I read "maybe town" "maybe not town", I took that as a scum/town list....but (and he has proven this) it really is meaningless, because he just backs out of the stances USING semantics. I want concrete stances from him....I want concrete answers from him...things he cant back away from.

for example.

I think Lowell is scum

I think KK is town.

I think that Wick/Hay are town, but the fact scum didnt value them as a threat bothers me (already stated).
KK is the only person I say that is town. IF I should have died and someone reviewed my posts it is obvious that Day 3 I was suspicious of KK, but for some reason Day 4 I have no problem stating KK is town. Xyl, was great at nabbing Lowell’s possible claim, so I thought that one would really stick out.

I didn’t want to tell you yesterday what night I hid, because going into Night 4, I couldn’t hide. I didn’t want to comment on Spy’s plan because, I didn’t want to lie and say I would (then scum pluck them off instead of a cross kill) or tell the truth and get popped off because I couldn’t hide.

I didn’t really want to say this today, because it is obvious that I scare both scum teams, for they went looking for me last night. Thinking that I hid last night, they would have tried to kill me tonight…without success.

See Xyl, this is why I didn’t readily want to give away my breadcrumb. It tells you WHAT night I hid. It also directs scum away from killing me tonight.

With 3-4 scum lurking out there…I am extremely paranoid and anyone willingly to lynch a claimed hider at this point makes me suspicious..with so many scummy people out there why are there so many people suggesting I am scummy and wanting to lynch me so bad?

With 8 people here and a potential of 50% of them being scum…I scare scum.

==

ugh, with KK's vote that puts me at -2.

the 2 people I beleive is town are voting me.....expecting the next votes to be fast and furious.

==

also, faraday is scum...expecting his vote to be one of those quick ones..

vote faraday

spy you are up.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Spy claimed vanilla out of turn.

Ckd - was your obvious breadcrumb a specific instance, or was it this transition between thinking KK could be scum to saying he's town?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Wicked - I can't know if I would have bussed Zazie if I was Vermillon because there was no wagon on her, so there's way too many factors to consider. If I was Cerulean I probably would have bussed Mastin, he wasn't paying attention to the game or posting and there was a lot of pressure to vote him (including some just because of his playstyle, I think.

My scumlist is Faraday, CKD, KMD and possibly Spyrex. It's a little hard to say which faction is which though.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh - as for your theory Wicked, I think it's a good one except I think Faraday scum is significantly more likely than spyrex scum.
I'm old now.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Totally, totally not buying ckd's "breadcrumb".

Standard hider tactics is to leave a super-obvious-in-hindsight breadcrumb the night BEFORE you hide. That way if you turn up dead, people look for the breadcrumb and see who you hid behind, and they know that person is scum.

ckd is claiming that his "obvious" breadcrumb is a switch from saying KK is scum to saying KK is town... something that he has to point out. Worse, he only "breadcrumbs" the day
after
his hide. If KK had been scum and ckd had died and come up hider, we would have had nothing to go on. Would ckd really be totally unconcerned about leaving the town a hint as to who is 100% confirmed scum if he dies?

Nope. Not buying it in the slightest. Someone please hammer.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:51 pm

We're not going through this hammer or not thing again, he's L-2 by my count. Besides, I think it's worth taking the time to listen to what he had to say and I still want to have a look at Faraday at some point.
I'm old now.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Oops, 5 to lynch.

Someone L-1 and then someone hammer.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I claimed vanilla out of turn because watching the whole claim-drama was driving me nuts.

... lemme get this straight. You opted to not hide at all until 3?

Really?

God in heaven. All you would have had to do is give any kind of breadcrumb and your death and flip would have been a cleared.

And you picked the miller who was pretty much on cruise control to hide behind instead of gambling and, ya know, helping win this pig?

Unvote, Vote: CKD
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 pm

I like the people on this wagon.

vote curiouskarmadog
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #72: The End of Day Five Vote Count=-

curiouskarmadog (5) - Xylthixlm, Wickedestjr, Kublai Khan, SpyreX, SerialClergyman

Faraday (1) - curiouskarmadog
SerialClergyman (1) - Kmd4390

Not Voting (4) - curiouskarmadog, Faraday, Kublai Khan, SerialClergyman

5 to lynch.

Day Five passes by in the blink of an eye, with a very quick consensus being reached that curiouskarmadog, who claims to have hidden in the home of Kublai Khan a couple of nights ago, is just acting far too sketchy. He's cornered, and he knows it, and there's nothing he can do but submit to the mob.

Good news for the remaining civillians of Emerald City! They've found another dirty scumbag.

curiouskarmadog, Cerulean Mafia Tracker, Lynched Day Five

Bad news for the people of Emerald City! With the Cerulean Mafia dispatched, there is nothing keeping the Vermillion gang in check, and they quickly overrun the town.

Kmd4390, Emerald Neighbour - Killed in endgame
SpyreX, Emerald Townie - Killed in endgame
Wickedestjr, Emerald Mason - Killed in endgame
Xylthixlm, Emerald Townie - Killed in endgame

Faraday, Kublai Khan, SerialClergyman and (posthumously) ZazieR win the game for the Vermillion Mafia!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What.

My lord.

KK, that was inspired. KMD, why didn't you say you were the mystical neighbor?
Show

Proud member of BaM
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Role PMs:

SERIALCLERGYMAN
You are the
Vermillion Mafia Godfather

Together with your loyal goons, [NAME1], [NAME2] and [NAME3], you may converse in private during the night using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC], and choose a player to be killed at night. (When sending in your choice of kill target, please also make sure to designate a member of the group to make the kill.

As the Godfather, you are immune to cop investigations.

You win when the only survivors are members of the Vermillion Mafia, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
FARADAY, KUBLAI KHAN, ZAZIER
You are a
Vermillion Mafia Goon

Led by Godfather [NAME1], you and your fellow goons [NAME2] and [NAME3] may converse in private during the night using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC], and choose a player to be killed at night. (When sending in your choice of kill target, please also make sure to designate a member of the group to make the kill.

You win when the only survivors are members of the Vermillion Mafia, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
CURIOUSKARMADOG
You are a
Cerulean Mafia Tracker

Your partners in crime are [NAME1], who is a Doctor, and [NAME2], who is a Roleblocker. The three of you may communicate in private using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC].

Each night, you may target another player, and learn who (if anyone) they targeted that night. One member of your mafia group may also target another player to be killed. You may not perform both your special action and your group's kill in the same night, UNLESS you are the sole survivor of the group.

You win when the only survivors are members of the Cerulean Mafia, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
KONOWA
You are a
Cerulean Mafia Doctor

Your partners in crime are [NAME1], who is a Tracker, and [NAME2], who is a Roleblocker. The three of you may communicate in private using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC].

Each night, you may target any player, including yourself, and protect them from any attempts on their life. One member of your mafia group may also target another player to be killed. You may not perform both your special action and your group's kill in the same night, UNLESS you are the sole survivor of the group.

You win when the only survivors are members of the Cerulean Mafia, or when it is inevitable that this will be the case.
MASTIN
You are a
Cerulean Mafia Roleblocker

Your partners in crime are [NAME1], who is a Doctor, and [NAME2], who is a Tracker. The three of you may communicate in private using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC].

Each night, you may target another player, and prevent them from performing any actions that night. One member of your mafia group may also target another player to be killed. You may not perform both your special action and your group's kill in the same night, UNLESS you are the sole survivor of the group.

SPYREX, LOWELL, XYLTHIXLM, MAFIAMANN, NAMTTAM, ROFLCOPTER, KISE, SOTTY7
You are an
Emerald Townie

The only power you have is your vote, so use it wisely.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, and at least one pro-town player survives.
ELVIS_KNITS
You are an
Emerald Jailkeeper

Each night, you may target another player and lock them in jail for the night. This will both prevent them from carrying out any action themselves and protect them from any attempts on their life.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, and at least one pro-town player survives.
VP BALTAR
You are an
Emerald Cop

Each night, you may target another player for investigation, and you will receive a result of "INNOCENT" or "GUILTY". However, your sanity is not guaranteed, so these results may be misleading.

KMD4390, MUFASA (group A) & EMPKING'S ALT, MOLESTARGAZER (group B)
You are an
Emerald Neighbour

During the night, you may communicate in private with your neighbour, [NAME1] using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC]. However, you have no guarantee that (s)he shares your alignment.

HAYKER, WICKEDESTJR
You are an
Emerald Mason

During the night, you may communicate in private with your partner, [NAME1], using the following link: [QUICKTOPIC]. You know for certain that your partner is also aligned with the town.

CKOOL5000
You are an
Emerald Vigilante

During the night, you may target another player and attempt to kill them.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Well done guys, you played very, very well.

Bad luck town, you were very close to cracking it open at the start of yesterday but weren't quite able to get it done.

CKD claiming he hid behind KK gave us a golden opportunity to not kill him last night and push for his lynch earlier today. We set up me going after Faraday and Faraday/KK going after CKD and it all jsut came together very nicely, especially because we knew he was fakeclaiming, so the more pressure he had the more he was likely to look scummy. We just had to hammer quickly to avoid a cerulean claim.

I'm at work, so I'll do a full description of thoughts later on, but just wanted to say I had a fantastic time, and I think the mod, setup and people in the game made it the most fun I've ever had playing mafia. Thanks so much everyone.

This is now my second scum win in two days, so I'm going to take the night off lying and scheming and have a drink tonight I think :)
I'm old now.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:15 pm

lol

well damn...I knew it was risky claiming KK as town.....was going to claim tracker, BUT everyone I tracked was dead, usually the night I tracked them.

I did track Faraday to the kill last night, but there was nothing I could do about it...there was no way anyone was going to believe a tracker claim today. I figured given the SC reaction to my claim that KK (and SC) was probably scum and there was no way I could win this game....boo. HAd to kill a mason last night to make it look like one group was looking for me...didnt do any good.

it was hard replacing into this game...one partner down and the other SUPER FUCKING SCUMMY.

Props to Xyl...you were on to something with the loaded questions bit I think...I really thought I did it in all games...but when I went to look for it..they were stronger in games that I was scum in...going to make that adjustment in the future.

good game "other" scum...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Xyl gets town MVP. Hands down.

Even with the loss I don't feel too bad about my performance. SC managed to get me to doubt myself (which I shouldn't have). I was right about Faraday although KMD being the other neighbor threw me off.

KK, I'll admit, had me fooled. Of course if it had went SC instead of the other choices we might have seen a cross-kill and then it would have been miller time.

Having the town power roles meet the reaper early definitely hurt.

A well balanced game and a damn fun one to replace into. IAUN did an excellent job modding.
Show

Proud member of BaM
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

Night Actions:

NIGHT 0
Faraday kills Sotty7
curiouskarmadog kills elvis_knits
Konowa protects Mastin
Mastin blocks Kublai Khan
ckool5000 kills Konowa
elvis_knits jails roflcopter
VP Baltar investigates Kublai Khan

NIGHT 1
Faraday kills Kise
curiouskarmadog kills ZazieR
Mastin blocks Lowell
ckool5000 kills Mufasa
VP Baltar investigates Namttam

NIGHT 2
Faraday kills ckool5000
curiouskarmadog kills VP Baltar, tracks molestargazer (no result)
ckool5000 kills Empking's Alt
VP Baltar investigates Wickedestjr

NIGHT 3
Faraday kills roflcopter
curiouskarmadog kills molestargazer, tracks roflcopter (no result)

NIGHT 4
Faraday kills Hayker
curiouskarmadog kills Hayker, tracks Faraday (targeted Hayker)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote: NIGHT 0
VP Baltar investigates Kublai Khan
This part is my favourite. Kublai is fucking psychic or something.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:20 pm

for now on..I will lynch/kill a claimed miller....using this game to do it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea. Xyl town MVP, KK prescient scum MVP.

Wow. Just wow.
Show

Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Xyl was on point...just hit the wrong scum first.

he should have seen that I wasnt part of a group...I had no friends in this town...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”