MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Worrying about the night-actions is just going to be a distraction, time to get back to scum-hunting folks.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Boxman »

Agreed.

Sudai, why didn't you do any analysis of Head_Honcho or Chenhsi in your post? Are you going to cover them later?
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Boxman »

Also, at qwints.

How do you KNOW I'm scum?
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Boxman wrote:Also, at qwints.

How do you KNOW I'm scum?
Where does he say this?
I lost the game.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Cross-subgame investigating Qwints? Care to share?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Qwint's latest Post

Check that out.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 am

Post by chenhsi »

Oh yeah, he switched games.

I think that a claim would be nice? Alternatively, please explain what your role does.
I lost the game.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Boxman »

Uh, wait, you had those 2 options, and you went for the less likely one? And likely just outed yourself to the mafia? :?
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Slicey »

I'm pretty sure Boxman is town.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Slicey »

BTW, I agree with Kairyuu's theory, however, I don't think ALL of the people sucked into Tar's game are scum. I believe Papa Zito is town, and I think there's one scum between Zazie and Mufasa. I still believe very strongly that qwints is scum.

However, Kairyuu's theory brings up a question.
Mod, hypothetically speaking, if the last scum in this game got sucked out of this game into another game, would town auto win?
I'm asking this because I think that somewhat debunks Kairyuu's theory, because the last one in each game would be obvious scum. That's why I believe that only some of the ones brought into Tar's game are town and some are scum.
Rule 21.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Never mind. Due to some crossed wires, I don't know that boxman is scum. I only know that either he is non-town aligned or he wasn't targeted for a kill N1.
So from what we can tell of this is... Boxman is not dead.
I would say that this information is helpful, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to frame the sentence so that it's read as sarcasm without blatantly saying "It's Sarcasm."

@Slicey: Why do you think Boxman is town? Who do you think is Scum this game?
The Rules wrote:A player with the factional win condition ("you win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same") wins when all other factions in his or her subgame have left that subgame, or nothing can prevent the same; when this occurs, all members of other factions that were in that subgame (whether dead, alive, or otherwise) at the time of that faction winning lose the game.
This means there has to be two factions in each game, one of which is most likely town. It Kairyuu's right, and they're pulling scum from other games to outnumber the town, Then that would mean that there's likely only a single Mafia Scum group. Also, wouldn't that leave one scum alone to fend for himself in one game while town wins the other if they bum rushed just one game that way?

I think this opens up a lot of questions on what counts as truly winning the game if they're doing that.

---
Head_Honcho Cruises along day one fine. His attack on Starbuck seems potentially scummy to me. It looks like a halfhearted attack made on someone who he probably wouldn't fight back. After Starbuck's Strawmanning point, he basically drops the issue, but not his vote, and fades under the radar. He makes two consecutive prod posts, then fades again until an opinion is asked of him on whoot. I also don't like how he Fence Sits on Whoot "He's probably not scum, but I'm not going to stop the lynch."

Honcho: Do you think a vote on Starbuck would still be justified? You never actually mentioned your vote or case again since the begining of day one. If not, who would you vote for now and why?

Vote: Head Honcho
at the very least until these questions are answered.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Boxman »

@People in other games: Stop lynching so fast. :P
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:03 am

Post by chenhsi »

So what if they pulled all the scum into one game, and town autowins the others? The scum still win, don't they?
I lost the game.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Slicey »

Zakeri, I'm pretty sure Boxman is town because Percy was attacking him after zwet was lynched. Percy is confirmed scum. I don't think scum would attack their fellow scum during Twilight.

I'm not entirely sure whose scum in this game. I remember Head Honcho was scummy, but I don't remember why. I'll have to look back and see why. Other than that I've got town/neutral reads on everyone else.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Boxman »

Did Pyromaniac just daykill Mufasa in Tar's game?
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Boxman »

Oh, lol, never mind. He just admitted to not having daykill powers. :P
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Boxman »

Okay, we have to get some discussion going.

Okay, Head_Honcho. He's gone MIA since the 24th.
MOD: Can we get a prod/replace on Head_Honcho?
He has yet to be on either of the two lynching wagons, and actually seemed to suspect anyone who was. He's only given out two votes in the course of the game, both seemingly for few reasons.

I'm willing to
Vote: Head_Honcho
until I get a valid explanation.
Done
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Sudai »

Boxman, answer my question? It's obvious you read my analysis post since you asked why I didn't analyze Honcho or chenhsi. My question for reference:
Sudai wrote:My question is, if [Zwet] made you suspicious, and you didn't remember your vote was on him, why did you not think to unvote your RVS and then vote him? Surely you would have noticed that your vote was on him already in this case.
Also, to answer the question you asked me, I didn't go into either because both were fairly inactive during the time that I was inactive so I didn't see much from either so there was little information to pull from.

I see the points behind a Honcho lynch and I could be for that, but right now Boxman still looks scummier to me for reasons I already covered.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Slicey wrote:Zakeri, I'm pretty sure Boxman is town because Percy was attacking him after zwet was lynched. Percy is confirmed scum. I don't think scum would attack their fellow scum during Twilight.

I'm not entirely sure whose scum in this game. I remember Head Honcho was scummy, but I don't remember why. I'll have to look back and see why. Other than that I've got town/neutral reads on everyone else.
That Doesn't mean He's not Scum, it just means he's not Mafia with Percy. We still have yet to have a third party from this game flip. All things considered, While I wouldn't like his lynch, I wouldn't give anyone flak for a little prodding.
Boxman wrote:@People in other games: Stop lynching so fast. :P
Boxman wrote:Did Pyromaniac just daykill Mufasa in Tar's game?
Boxman wrote:Oh, lol, never mind. He just admitted to not having daykill powers. :P
Especially since it seemed to have taken him a while to notice that he was in this game.

Qwints wrote:@Zakeri, it wasn't sarcasm; just the extent of my knowledge.
My bad. Even when I spell it out, Sarcasm is hard to detect. I meant to say that saying your reveal was "Helpful" itself would be sarcasm, not anything I think you said. As in I believe your reveal was the exact opposite of helpful, or
not
helpful.

On a seperate note, I weep for Tar's game, who's recent activity comes from three people who only make one or two line posts, two of which are probably scum.

Still waiting on Honcho's response.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I am also waiting on a response from Head Honcho.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Zakeri wrote:Head_Honcho Cruises along day one fine. His attack on Starbuck seems potentially scummy to me. It looks like a halfhearted attack made on someone who he probably wouldn't fight back. After Starbuck's Strawmanning point, he basically drops the issue, but not his vote, and fades under the radar.
I dropped a push against Starbuck mostly because of the strawmanning point. She basically responded with 'strawman much?' when I was calling out her distaste for actually posting about the game we are in. Nobody called her on it so I figured I would facepalm and drop it for the time. I would still vote for her, but mostly based on her mostly for this post:
Starbuck wrote:Whoot, you thought it was policy to lynch claimed Vanilla Townies. You hammered without letting us get more information from Zwet. A good chunk of us have played with him before and saw that he was playing differently than he normally does.

We have a great souce of information in the Mafiascum Wiki. Why don't you go use it so you can see what phrases like 'Bulletproof Townie' mean? You assumed that it was a suped up Vanilla Townie.

You also have been speculating quite a bit. Scum normally speculate to get an idea about the town's power roles. Just because you think certain cards wouldn't work well together, does not mean that they won't.

Also, your ad hom attacks on everyone that you deem as inexperienced with Magic have not helped your case, at least with me.
None of which really makes any sense. Firstly I don't really get why Zwet playing 'different than he normally does' would be ANY kind of defense for Zwet, since normally you are a townie. Whoot didn't do any speculating at all which would help figure out town power roles, he yammered about magic cards. Along with some of your later posts assuring the town that the whoot lynch was definitely justified I get a strong CYA vibe.

Right now though I probably see Slicey as scummiest. Mostly the way he literally told me to stop attacking Starbuck based on meta which didn't even apply. Iffy white knighting gives me weird vibes. Also, this post looks like a slip:
Slicey wrote:
whoot1234 wrote:what more information are you going to get> I told you I believe all the scum are right here on this train.... plus that vote isnt even official cause my name isnt whoot12341234
I'm not sure if you realized this, but you can gain a lot of info based on who hammers.
Which is the strangest post to direct at someone when you 'really, really thought whoot was scum'
Slicey wrote:augh, really, really thought whoot was scum. He fit perfectly as scum.
Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich is just a little bit too 'omg i m so surprised I am certainly not an informed minority!' for me.

vote: slicey

Zakeri wrote:I also don't like how he Fence Sits on Whoot "He's probably not scum, but I'm not going to stop the lynch."
How is that fence sitting? Am I supposed to stage a sit in? My opinion was perfectly clear. We all had the same evidence, but if you want to villainize me for not thinking a complete noob would fakeclaim miller of all things then more power to you.
Zakeri wrote:Honcho: Do you think a vote on Starbuck would still be justified? You never actually mentioned your vote or case again since the begining of day one. If not, who would you vote for now and why?
Yes. My faith was diminished. Slicey. See above.
Immoral Acts: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Also, I think it's unlikely that we're dealing with any more traditional 'mafia' in this game at this time, unless we are rather lucky.

Boxman, what did you want an explanation for? I have yet to be on either of the two lynching wagons because, and with all due respect, I thought they were both profoundly dumb. I don't see how I 'suspect anyone who was' just because I called you out for leaving a random vote to contribute to a lynch. In fact I think you'll find that you completely made that up.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

T-t-t-triple post which is to say I don't think Percy suspecting Boxman can even begin to clear boxy, though I would take it with a grain of salt even if this was undoubtedly a one scum faction game.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:12 am

Post by Slicey »

The 'surprised someone flipped scum/town' scumtell is the worst scumtell ever. It doesn't mean anything.

Also, Zakeri is right. Boxman could be a third party or something like that.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:58 am

Even if Boxman is third party that doesn't mean he's here to help us. They've flipped two SKs in the other sub-games, no reason to suspect that any third party role out there is going to be on our team.

vote: Boxman

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”