Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Kise »

SpongeBobShortShorts wrote:What exactly was my scumslip?
Xyl: "Confusion = Scummy"
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Count #1

SpongeBobShortShorts-1 (Kise)

Not Voting:
dramonic, le Chat, rocco222, Sironigous, SpongeBobShortShorts

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Sironigous »

Completely based on meta with my observations of that technique, Spongebob is scum.

Vote: Spongebob
Trinka Trinka!
SpongeBobShortShorts
SpongeBobShortShorts
Townie
SpongeBobShortShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:35 am

Post by SpongeBobShortShorts »

What meta? I've played one game here and I was a vanilla townie. And there's nothing scummy about wanting the RVS around. It's an important part of the game. Replacing it with questions from one person only hurts the town because it causes the game to flow unnaturally.
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Sironigous »

Not you personally, the meta behind those frontal questions.
Trinka Trinka!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 am

Post by dramonic »

RVS isn,t an essential part of the game. Yes, it helps "feel" the game, but you can do very well without it.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Kise »

Why aren't you partaking in the RVS yourself, Sponge? Just ignore everything else and get silly. Otherwise, you're doing the opposite of what you say Sironigous is trying to surpass.

Yet…
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 am

Post by dramonic »

@Mod: Usually, lovers can't vote one another. Is it the same in this game?

If so, this is going to be a cinch
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

dramonic wrote:@Mod: Usually, lovers can't vote one another. Is it the same in this game?
Well, that's just silly now isn't it. Even lovers can quarrel. Also going to check if we need any prods here.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Kise »

Lmao @ dram trying to crack the game.

Yet…
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by dramonic »

Id have laughed :lol:
But i didnt put much faith in it
I'm a hoot
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rocco222 and le Chat have been prodded. Let's pick up the activity everyone. Nobody likes a boring game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:06 am

Post by dramonic »

I agree that Sponge contradicting himself about the RVS is very suspicious.

Vote: Spongebobshortshorts

normally I'd say claim, but since there are no power-roles... just talk I guess XD
I'm a hoot
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by le Chat »

I can plainly see where Spongebobshortshorts contradicted himself, and I find that to be suspicious. However, I would very much like Kise to elaborate on how he thinks scum-Bob was feigning a town leader role. I don't see any leading going on at all. In addition, I don't like the argument that "confusion = scummy" because anyone can get confused. I understand that it comes from Xyl and IRC mafia but it still rings very bogus for me. In this situation, Kise attracts my attention a lot more then Spongebob.

I would also like Sironigous to compound on what he means by meta on 'those frontal questions.' Unless I'm mistaken, by 'frontal questions' you mean the seemingly random questions that you asked at the very beginning of the game, where you didn't ask me one?

@dramonic: nice try... but also, I've never ever seen a game where the lovers cannot vote themselves. I understand that when one dies the other dies so it would be in their best interests not to vote one another, but I've never seen where they literally cannot vote one another. Can you show me an example of that?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Kise »

SpongeBobShortShorts wrote:I don't like that Sironigous is trying to bypass the random vote stage. It's like he's trying to trip
us
up so he can point at
us
and say "SEE? LOOK HOW SCUMMY HE IS" (because I don't think there's a single girl playing). RVS is an integral part of Mafia because it allows us to weigh each other's reactions to being voted for.
Here ya go, le Chat (you the rapper from 3-6 mafia? :o)

Sponge put himself in a position to speak for everyone, hence the leadership label.

Yet…
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by dramonic »

@Le Chat

Well, a large quantity of my mafia play IRL is Werewolf of Miller Hollow, in which the lovers can't vote each other.
I'm a hoot
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SpongeBobShortShorts has been prodded. Going to begin looking for a replacement for rocco222.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:22 am

Post by le Chat »

Kise wrote:
SpongeBobShortShorts wrote:I don't like that Sironigous is trying to bypass the random vote stage. It's like he's trying to trip
us
up so he can point at
us
and say "SEE? LOOK HOW SCUMMY HE IS" (because I don't think there's a single girl playing). RVS is an integral part of Mafia because it allows us to weigh each other's reactions to being voted for.
Here ya go, le Chat (you the rapper from 3-6 mafia? :o)

Sponge put himself in a position to speak for everyone, hence the leadership label.
I promise I'm not La Chat of triple six. Though I lived a long time in the M-town.

I guess SpongeBob spoke for all of us, but he was doing it while explaining what he thought Sironigous's motives were. He was forming a hypothetical situation where Sir is trying to trip us, meaning town, up as mafia.

Though I understand what he means by "us," and I don't think that is a good reason for him to oppose Sir, and I don't necessarily see how he is putting himself in a leadership position by that, I DO recognize immediately that there's nothing at all wrong with what Sir did by asking questions and bypassing the RVS.

@Sir: I suspect that by saying you "have no questions for me," that accomplishes the same as all your other questions. You're prodding for answers that you find to be out of place, right? I have to assume that it is; if not, stop me here. If that
is
so, then, I think I have a problem when saying you "have no questions for me." How is someone supposed to respond to that? I think that, regardless of alignment, someone could respond either way. How are you determining anything about me?

Or... were you simply saying you actually have no questions for me... :x
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 am

Post by dramonic »

From what I've seen of Siro (I could be wrong) I think it means he hasn't noticed anything particularly odd or standing out in your post, therefore he has nothing he needs you to explain.

Again, I could be wrong, Siro can answer for himself.
I'm a hoot
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Sironigous »

Le Chat wrote:I would also like Sironigous to compound on what he means by meta on 'those frontal questions.' Unless I'm mistaken, by 'frontal questions' you mean the seemingly random questions that you asked at the very beginning of the game, where you didn't ask me one?
Woo.

Since the game where I got the idea from has finished, I can link to it!

Read the key before clicking on the link.

Key:
Post 5 (TheFonz) - questions
Post 9 (Synx) - rebuttal
Post 1 (Mod) - Synx = scum
viewtopic.php?p=1785192

Though everything did turn out very nicely in this game too with Spongebob's response.
le Chat wrote:@Sir: I suspect that by saying you "have no questions for me," that accomplishes the same as all your other questions. You're prodding for answers that you find to be out of place, right? I have to assume that it is; if not, stop me here. If that is so, then, I think I have a problem when saying you "have no questions for me." How is someone supposed to respond to that? I think that, regardless of alignment, someone could respond either way. How are you determining anything about me?
Honestly, I just ran out of things to ask. I really thought that kind of intro was neat.

In other words, all the questions were just dug up from who knows where.
Trinka Trinka!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by dramonic »

God, only 6 players, you'd expect them to be able to keep up -_-
I'm a hoot
SpongeBobShortShorts
SpongeBobShortShorts
Townie
SpongeBobShortShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by SpongeBobShortShorts »

Responding to prod.

Your case against me is really weak. RVS is a bad thing to completely get rid of based on the questions of a single person.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Far_Cry replaces rocco222. Welcome him with due gratitude.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 am

Post by dramonic »

You're missing the case shortshorts. The fact is, you accuse Siro of trying to skip the RVS, yet you have been responding with further RVS skipping.
I'm a hoot
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Sironigous »

SpongeBobShortShorts wrote:Your case against me is really weak. RVS is a bad thing to completely get rid of based on the questions of a single person.
First - they weren't to a single person.

Second - Why?
Trinka Trinka!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”