Newbie 830: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:44 am

Post by CSL »

Thok wrote:
moose200x wrote:at least i played the game you stupid bitch, all you did was sit back and do nothing.
This post is unacceptable.

Honestly moose200x, you need to get over yourself. You had a chance to push maemuki during the game for lurking; you should have done so.
EXACTLY! Moose, I'm not forgiving you for this. You are next! Next game, you are mine.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 am

Post by moose200x »

CSL wrote:
Thok wrote:
moose200x wrote:at least i played the game you stupid bitch, all you did was sit back and do nothing.
This post is unacceptable.

Honestly moose200x, you need to get over yourself. You had a chance to push maemuki during the game for lurking; you should have done so.
EXACTLY! Moose, I'm not forgiving you for this. You are next! Next game, you are mine.
so your planning out who you wanna lynch on the first day of another game?
wow
Lizzy Tsoi
Lizzy Tsoi
Townie
Lizzy Tsoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Lizzy Tsoi »

Haylen wrote:@ Moose, just a little suggestion, NEVER insult another player like that. Or I will personally kick your sorry ass.
Quoted for truth.

I have been watching this game in case replacements were needed.

Must add, moose, that "here in America," that kind of behavior, especially when unnecessarily marking out her gender in such a derogatory way, is disgusting and reprehensible.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:46 am

Post by moose200x »

Lizzy Tsoi wrote:
Haylen wrote:@ Moose, just a little suggestion, NEVER insult another player like that. Or I will personally kick your sorry ass.
Quoted for truth.

I have been watching this game in case replacements were needed.

Must add, moose, that "here in America," that kind of behavior, especially when unnecessarily marking out her gender in such a derogatory way, is disgusting and reprehensible.
so if she was a he it'd been ok?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:50 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I started following this game at the end of Day 2 when I saw the massive activity it generated and honestly, I didn't consider the possibility of Mae being scum. Even after the hammer, I thought for sure it was an Afro-Dark scum team (Dark for seming to want to get anyone lynched and Afro for trying so hard to push the Afro-Almaster, Moose-Dark pairings, plus trying too hard to discredit moose). I definitely would have gone after Dark first like Almaster did and I'm still shocked he was town.

Also we might want to look a little more into this:
MME wrote:Sorry, CSL. Unintentional misspelling. Fun fact: someone had misspelled my username as "My Milked Eel".
Lizzy Tsoi
Lizzy Tsoi
Townie
Lizzy Tsoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Lizzy Tsoi »

moose200x wrote:so if she was a he it'd been ok?
Lizzy Tsoi wrote:Must add, moose, that "here in America," that kind of behavior,
especially when unnecessarily marking out her gender in such a derogatory way
, is disgusting and reprehensible.
Try reading just the underlined part. Then try reading everything that's not underlined. If you still need it spelled out after that, I'll take it to PM.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 am

Post by moose200x »

wait , you ppl follow other people's play?
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Thok »

No, it wouldn't be.

See this rule? Please try to avoid breaking it in any future games I run.
[7] Try to be relatively civil to each other. I know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother.
moose200x wrote:wait , you ppl follow other people's play?
Day 1 was one of the faster days in terms of posts/real life day in the history of the site.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:54 am

Post by moose200x »

Lizzy Tsoi wrote:
Lizzy Tsoi wrote:Must add, moose, that "here in America," that kind of behavior,
Try reading just the underlined part. Then try reading everything that's not underlined. If you still need it spelled out after that, I'll take it to PM.
I don't like you.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:56 am

Post by CSL »

moose200x wrote:
Lizzy Tsoi wrote:
I don't like you.
Moose. WE don't like you. You have been reported to mith. Have fun.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Haylen »

@ Moose, it is standard procedure to follow read other players games on the site. It's called 'Meta' and it's a common thing. Get used to it.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:58 am

Post by moose200x »

CSL wrote:
moose200x wrote:
Lizzy Tsoi wrote:
I don't like you.
Moose. WE don't like you. You have been reported to mith. Have fun.
oh big guy reporting ppl. how cool are you?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by CSL »

moose200x wrote:
CSL wrote:Moose. WE don't like you. You have been reported to mith. Have fun.
Uhh, last time I checkd, you were not following proper behavior rules. You have been caught RED-handed. Goodbye.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by moose200x »

CSL wrote:
moose200x wrote:
CSL wrote:Moose. WE don't like you. You have been reported to mith. Have fun.
Uhh, last time I checkd, you were not following proper behavior rules. You have been caught RED-handed. Goodbye.
how bout i report you for the cheating you did by pm'ing your thoughts during the game?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by CSL »

What cheating? Did the rules say, "If you are dead, do not PM another player with afterthoughts"? No.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Thok »

CSL, stop taunting moose. He's not worth it. Mith will deal with the situation.

moose, you've clearly broken site rules, notably this rule
You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site. Within a game, criticism of another player's play is acceptable - making it personal is not, and may result in action by the moderator of that game. Outside a game, determination of the intention of the poster will be made by mith, or someone appointed by mith.
Please stop it.
CSL wrote:What cheating? Did the rules say, "If you are dead, do not PM another player with afterthoughts"? No.
This is also unacceptable. Rule [3] applies whether or not you are dead.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by CSL »

I apologize then. I should've read them more thouroughly.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by CSL »

EBWOP: Congrats to Mae and Afro, you two had me fooled. I look forward to playing with you 3 sometime soon.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by AfroLaX »

Hey guys, well played to everyone who didn't cost :P

Almaster, you made the correct decisions but moose + dark (and CSL/SBSS to a lesser extent) cost you in the end. Your play was the right one in siding with me against them, you couldn't have known I was going to be especially sneaky over their general bad play.

Thok - to justify the roleblock choices:

Basically this is the thing - I knew that either there was a cop & a doc, or there was nothing.

Jed & Eek were both obvtown and experienced players, so theoretically they would have been my choice blocks if I wasn't slashing them because they would be most likely to use their ability correctly. I know if Jed was cop I'm fairly confident he would have investigated Mae, which would have been a huge issue.

Myself & Mae were both obviously excluded from being blocked because we were the scum. Jed & Eek were both obvtown, yes. BUT - they were obv vanilla. I thought it unlikely that experienced players would expose themselves so recklessly if they had a PR, so I figured they are just VTs and if there are power roles, they belong to the other guys. Now moose & CSL both claimed VT [not that that means anything], but the nature of their argumentation sorta implied that at very least, they weren't cops. SBSS was a replacement & got himself lynched ASAP through very bad reasoning so he was never an issue.

My potential targets for block during night 1 were: Darklight the noob who was the least of my worries because he would have almost definitely used it on someone he was accusing [like moose]. I would argue that Moose was to an external perspective vanilla or scum, but he was vanilla from my perspective because I knew who the scum were [his playstyle was far too centered on himself for him to be a PR]. Jed & Almaster are the only two choices remaining. Mae, Myself [Scum], Eek [NK] & CSL [lynch] are obviously excluded from this. At this stage if I'm not mistaken, belili hadn't been replaced yet - I was willing to bet that if a replacement didn't come, it wasn't worth blocking that person. This leaves me with the choice between Jed & Almaster. Now Almaster was sending blatant doctor signals in my opinion, but they could have also been cop signals. He was posting very rarely, keeping attention off of himself & when he was posting, he was posting things that made sense. Jed on the other hand, was being incredibly aggressive which to me implies that he had nothing to work with beyond the information given in the thread.

That is for night 1. By night two basically we had SBSS & CSL lynched, Mae & I were scum, Jed & Eek were dead, moose was reckless and darklight is a scrub who suspected Almaster. Almaster was being intelligent & quiet, so I think he was a fairly obvious choice. Since no new information had arisen that would have indicated to someone else being the cop, I figured that if there were power roles, Almaster was most likely to be one of them. If there was a doc, I'm sure he would have almost definitely protected Jed on the 2nd night, so there was too much benefit in blocking Almaster. Though on Night 2, I was fairly confident there weren't any pro-town PRs because only ONE person was behaving as though they had one [and there had to necessarily be 2].

The other option I was considering was letting Jed live and slashing Almaster whilst roleblocking Jed. Jed might have been worth keeping alive because he was very assertive & was pointing fingers [especially at moose], however he latched onto Mae during D2 - Once SBSS flipped town, I figured that Jed would jump straight back onto Mae on D3 and throw a reckless vote that would bandwagon - leaving me to fend for myself on D4.

My reasoning isn't always perfect :P So I could be overlooking something quite important, but from my perspective Almaster was the correct block on both nights.

My last big post where I pointed out 3 fallacies that moose had committed, that really reeked of scum [especially because the 'false dilemma' one wasn't actually true - it made a good case, but moose was justified in hammering SBSS - though I would still argue that he wasn't justified in hammering him that early]. I do think that if the other townies hadn't cost so much, Almaster would have picked up on me - Though IMO that's the only thing I've done this game that could have been construed as a mistake. If anyone thinks I did anything else that jeopardized my win, please point it out to me because I'm still learning.

Also, moose was right about me initially but for completely the wrong reasons. When he said that "Which of course, leads me [and the rest of you] to look at him funny." was "Rallying the team together or laying hints to teammates. Either way. scum."

That's pretty shocking. I simply said that because, well, his playstyle is/was terribad & 4/7 [excluding him & me] were querying him or voting for him at that stage. So I wouldn't argue that I made a mistake, I'd argue that moose just pulled something out of thin air.
Get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook!
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by AfroLaX »

EBWOP: Eek, sorry I had to kill you but after I saw your notes, I realised you were by a long shot my biggest threat. You had far too much perspective and yes I could have played into your style of thinking, but it wasn't worth the risk [especially with Mae's suspicious lurkage]. I know it's bad manners to kill the IC on night 1, but business is business :P

I know I could have talked away the "Anyone got a hammer?" comment though - Simply by saying that I just said it to apply further pressure to see if he would crack.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Thok »

For what it's worth, moose200x was right to attack you for your analysis of his hammer of SpongeBobShortShorts; Lynch all Liars is a fairly useful meta on the site, and once SBSS fake-claimed he deserved to be lynched. (I specifically told him in PM's after that happened that he should never fake-claim.)

I'm not sure that his play before day 3 was helpful at all (and he did have the wrong scum pair on day 3, even if he had you correct.)
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by AfroLaX »

I agree, if I wasn't scum I wouldn't have looked for something to dig at. However:

My argument was never that he was wrong in hammering SBSS, but rather that purposefully ended the Day phase early. It was a very scummy argument, but I think I defended it quite well. It seems almost a bit WIFOM'y because I was supposing that he could have had an ulterior motive to the one he was suggesting. I then went on to explain that if he was town, the correct play would have been to not hammer. Whether that's true or not is up for debate, but this was the position I took in order to implicate him:
AfroLaX wrote:This defense is severely lacking. You hammered down on someone who claimed to have investigated you, which implies that you want to survive. It's not necessarily about him being scummy. From a pro-town perspective, if a guy claims cop & says you are scum, you shouldn't be worried - because unless he is pulling a very risky move, he is obvscum if you flip town, therefore you rather try establish what is going on [and extend to day to find his partner] than quick-lynch. I'm sure through more probing & pressure, he would have backed off from his claim & if he didn't and you got voted off... Then so what? He was almost definitely going to be voted off the next round. While in hindsight this play-out would have lost us the game [assuming you were pro-town & got lynched D2],
from your perspective it should have been fine to trade off because you were
sure
he was scum
. Short days hurt town, you made a day short in a bid to survive before a bandwagon hit you. Therefore I find it difficult to digest your defense that you hammered him after like a few hours of Day 2 "because he seemed scummy" - I think you're just looking for an excuse for your quick-lynch because whether SBSS was a cop or not, you were going to get lynched.
The argument basically says this: The right play would have been fore moose to assume that SBSS was definitely scum and thus extend the day for as long as possible even if it means suicide.

Of course the argument doesn't really work, because the next day is made short by there being a 'definite scum' lynch amongst a whole lot of other factors, but the argument was portrayed in such a way that it would be hard to pick up on additional consequences that actually make it a fairly weak argument.

CrapLogic wins games, I'm telling you :P
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The problem isn't just that the next day is short-you're also potentially losing another townie unnecessarily. Moose had a chance to lynch someone he knew was lying about having a guilty on him and waiting could mean the town decides to lynch him first. It is arguable that waiting gives you a chance to find potential scumbuddies, but then you're basically waiting around for scum to make a mistake (and sacrificing a townie in the process) instead of getting rid of the person you already know is scum. I personally think the immediate hammer was the best move as either town or scum.
Afro wrote:If anyone thinks I did anything else that jeopardized my win, please point it out to me because I'm still learning.
It seems like you got a bit too anxious in lylo when you realized you could potentially get a win. You were just too willing to pair off the town and put yourself on Almaster's side on the basis that the two of you were using logic as opposed to Dark and moose (I thought Almaster was going to call you out on this actually). Basically, you were trying to ram down the town's throat that you were the good guy, which never comes across well. Also, it seemed odd you were so intent on getting moose lynched over Dark, when Dark was much more clearly scummy. I labelled it as you trying to save your scumbuddy and that would have been a very unfortunate way for you to draw suspicion onto yourself, since Dark wasn't actually scum.

Overall though, the two of you deserved the win. Lynching anyone other than Dark day 3 would have been (IMO) sub-optimal and the two of you were ready to jump on for the lynch.
SpongeBobShortShorts
SpongeBobShortShorts
Townie
SpongeBobShortShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by SpongeBobShortShorts »

Sorry, town. I'm really bad at mafia.

Nice job, you two! I really had no sense that you were scum. It was a brilliant move, killing whoever I said was teamed up with moose. Unless that was just a coincidence.

And moose is a horrible player and a sore loser and really mean.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Moose:
Get over yourself, you lost. We all lost. Namecalling and being rude isn't going to help you. They are also right to report you to mith, that attack was totally uncalled for. I suggest a change in your online behavior, or at least on mafiascum. Yes, this is the Internet, but these parts of the Internet are a bit more serious. Calling people stupid, "bitches" and newbies (imagine that, in a newbie game!) isn't really favorable here.

As for the others: I enjoyed playing with you, the pace of this game was a fun change. I'd like to play with most of you in the future :)

AfroLaX wrote:EBWOP: Eek, sorry I had to kill you but after I saw your notes, I realised you were by a long shot my biggest threat. You had far too much perspective and yes I could have played into your style of thinking, but it wasn't worth the risk [especially with Mae's suspicious lurkage]. I know it's bad manners to kill the IC on night 1, but business is business :P

I know I could have talked away the "Anyone got a hammer?" comment though - Simply by saying that I just said it to apply further pressure to see if he would crack.
lol, good game. Didn't think it was you, Afrolax. I was thinking Mae and Almaster.

CSL (did I get it right?), sorry for lynching you, but yeah, you were acting suspicious imo. :D

HI KITTY!

Thanks Thok, for modding this enjoyable game and for keeping up with the insane D1 activity. It was a hassle for me to constantly catch up and reread, I can imagine it must have been one for you as well.

Mae, don't lurk so much, it was getting obvious. :P
Eek
!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”