Newbie 830: Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 am

Post by AfroLaX »

EBWOP Ninja'd.
Get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook!
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:49 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I must say that the way I see it, I'm not teaming with moose, he's teaming with me. I do not say that he's not scum, I just say that you two seem to be on a team of some sort, scum or town.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 am

Post by moose200x »

Darklight- I did not team with you. I said "nice read" all that means is "Good observation"

Grow up, i don't like you nor am i teaming with you.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count (deadline 9/15)

DarkLightA (0):
Maemuki (0):
AlmasterGM (0):
AfroLaX (0):
moose200x (0):

Not Voting (5): (DarkLightA, Maemuki, AlmasterGM, AfroLaX, moose200x)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 am

Post by moose200x »

AfroLaX wrote:
moose200x wrote:
AfroLaX wrote:
HoS: Moose

Quick hammer + "omg ur town? I can't believe that lol" response. In addition to all the other dodgy things I've accused him of since the beginning.

If you were town and somebody claimed that they were cop and had a guilty on you would that not make them seem scum to you?
This defense is severely lacking. You hammered down on someone who claimed to have investigated you, which implies that you want to survive.
You guys meta game yet? Have you noticed that in every game i'm town I am always alive late into the game (minus the modkill) that's due to my playstyle. I could explain how it works but im not giving up my secrets.

Now to refute you. If the claimed cop is infact a cop I am lynched the next day. If he is mafia I am cleared. (then nk'd)

Now, if you are the doctor and someone says they are the docotr, would you kill them?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Maemuki »

I see.
@ Afro:

I agree with you; Almaster's PBPA, and those two posts by moose and Darklight are just screaming "SCUMBUDDIES!1!1!!!!1!" to me. I was always suspicious of moose after the sponge hammer, and I was suspicious of Almaster because, well, he was a lurker. I agree more with a moose lynch right now. I mean, saying "I wuz drunk" isn't going to forgive you.

1) Well, even if you didn't post much, you sure posted a lot of content. +1 town point.
2) As I said, content.
3) That depends on the point of view, aparently both Dark and moose see a lot of scum-tells on you. To be honest, I didn't see much scuminess on you.
4) I agree with that, I completely agree with Almaster's PBPA...and it seems like his issues were serious, so I'm believing him.
5) See the above, I mean, he did give us a reason...Which is more than most lurkers do. Also his PBPA shows quite an intrest on the game, even after missing Day 1 and most of Day 2.

I don't need to do the rest, because I agree with them.

Therefore, yes, I'll agree with you and Almaster, Afro.

@ Also, moose, no, we don't. Serach isn't working. Also, I think that metaing a person is pretty useless. If a person changes style every-so-often, metaing them is just impossible.

Moose, please clarify your last sentence.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am

Post by moose200x »

MAE, the question.

If you are a doctor in a game with only one doctor then somebody else claimed doc, would you feel they are scum?
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 am

Post by AfroLaX »

Firstly, I don't believe in using meta - Even if I did meta you, all it would prove is that you apply a consistent play-style... but just because you applied it previously, it does not necessarily mean you are applying it here or that you will apply it in the future ["Fallacy" of Induction - in a practical sense]. If you could have directed me to a game where you are scum & a game where you are town, I might have considered it... Except for the fact that you said this:
moose200x wrote:You guys meta game yet? Have you noticed that in every game i'm town I am always alive late into the game (minus the modkill) that's due to my playstyle. I could explain how it works but im not giving up my secrets.

Now to refute you. If the claimed cop is infact a cop I am lynched the next day. If he is mafia I am cleared. (then nk'd)

Now, if you are the doctor and someone says they are the docotr, would you kill them?
A perfect example of shocking logic [in addition to the appeal to meta]. I'd argue that this is an example of a False Analogy. You are assuming that because a certain strategy applies to one power role, that it applies to others just because they are also power roles.

The point is, a doctor isn't a cop so obviously the same reasoning doesn't apply. A doctor claim is an inherently defensive claim, whereas a cop claim is much more aggressive because it also says something about
other
players, not just the self. Naturally because it involves different information, you need to approach it with a different strategy.

Also notice that in this particular example, it requires that you
are
the power role, not that the power role
exists
in the game.

Lastly, a cop in this game setup is definitely sane, so there's absolutely no point in claiming cop if you are scum unless you are in LYLO [or if claiming cop and selling out your partner would put you in LYLO - Though that's still incredibly risky because there might be a real cop who will call you out].

Your justification for lynching SBSS early was this:

"SBSS claims cop. I am town & he claims I am scum. Since the cop in this setup must be sane, he must be lying. Therefore, he is scum."

Which is a false dilemma [fallacy number 3], because the player may well just be another townie. Also, in my opinion it is much
less
likely that scum will claim cop in such a simple setup, whereas a townie might just be risk-loving.

Anyway,
DarkLightA wrote:I just say that you two seem to be on a team of some sort, scum or town.
Hahaha, I lol'd IRL when I read this.

The only decision left in my mind is which one we're going to vote for first.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Post by moose200x »

AfroLaX wrote:
The only decision left in my mind is which one we're going to vote for first.

I am now for sure you are mafia. Gratz.
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by AfroLaX »

Huh?

No, I am not mafia. You are the mafia.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by moose200x »

AfroLaX wrote:Huh?

LoL flashback to grade school?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

moose200x wrote:
AfroLaX wrote:Huh?

LoL flashback to grade school?
Actually, more like preschool. In grade school, kids generally at least retort when someone says something about them. You and DLA, on the other hand, still have yet to do anything except whine and name call.

I'm waiting.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by moose200x »

moose200x wrote:
With that said...... Afrolax and almsater are your scum. You can thank me at anytime.
I am truely skilled at this game. I called the scum pair first!

Good game.

I guess it's all up to dark and mae.

Let me ask mae and dark to do me a favor. Please notice how alm and afro have banded together. They defended each other and even went as far to say that they are going to vote together.

Mae and Dark - go reread the posts of afro, alm and myself. Try to picture how a team would work.

Also, tell me this afro, ala, how are you so sure neither of you are mafia?

I think dark could be mafia and i am very worried mae is.
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by AfroLaX »

There's a reason I resorted to giving a preschool response... I can't believe you actually thought that you could point that one particular instance out as though it was something detrimental to my character or argument. It's fairly obvious that I only did it because you chose not to acknowledge the essay that shows why your defense is inadequate [and I was "responding in kind"]. It's like the 3rd time [maybe more] that you've ignored a well-constructed argument in favour of trying to red-herring us.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by moose200x »

Your example is wrong. I had perfectly good reason to hammer sponge.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

PBPA of Almaster (not too much here, been lots of lurking):

1) OMGUS vote for Eek, townie

2) Vote Belili for inactivity, townie

3)
almaster wrote:2) Mafia like to not draw attention to themselves. Not posting early is a good way to get away with this because posts are heavily scrutinized during the RVS because there is nothing to go on anyway.
Isn't that what you've been doing?

4) Votes moose because of the wierd
moose wrote:And as mafia I promised my partners I'd do everything in my power to help them win.
With a side note:
almaster wrote:I'm pretty sure somebody just got owned.
5)
almaster wrote:Why not just retract your vote and say that it's a bit early for L-1 and that we should stop being hasty and talk things over for the full amount of allotted time? Seems like a decent reason to me, I was going to do it myself. The day is still quite young.
Trying to extend the day. Hmm..

6-8

9)
almaster wrote:College move-in day was yesterday. Give me a break. The amount of activity this game had last round was insanely abnormal and I will need time to fully analyze it. The round also ended much quicker than it should have.

I'm town. Don't be rash. Do not vote. Thanks.
That line is what really spiked my suspicions about him.

10) [quote="almaster]SCUM

DarkLightA
moose200x
Maemuki
AfroLaX
AlmasterGM

TOWN [/quote]
and PBPA of me

11)
almaster wrote:Why don't you respond instead of just saying "AGM is scum."
I just warned everyone that this might be posted by a scum, just as easily as by a townie.

12) Threatening of casting votes

@townie, remember, even if almaster does cast his vote, be cautious of casting yours too. This applies to votes by me to, for that sake. Don't trust anyone.

A band wagon with 2 people can easily be both of the scum.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

Oh and @ almasters "Playing the n00b card", I AM THAT NOOB! I haven't acted like it!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

DarkLightA wrote:PBPA of Almaster (not too much here, been lots of lurking):
This entire "case" is laughably weak.
It was the obv-RVS. We voted for eachother over Pokemon avatars. It was totally insignificant and everyone understands this.
How is this plus scum points? If anything, it's town points.
3)
almaster wrote:2) Mafia like to not draw attention to themselves. Not posting early is a good way to get away with this because posts are heavily scrutinized during the RVS because there is nothing to go on anyway.

No, because I DID post during the RVS. I admit I lurked a bit later, but I was busy and the game was going so rapidly I didn't have time to keep up. Remember, this game hasn't actually lasted very long real-life-time-wise.
moose wrote:And as mafia I promised my partners I'd do everything in my power to help them win.
With a side note:
I get no read off this.
5)
almaster wrote:Why not just retract your vote and say that it's a bit early for L-1 and that we should stop being hasty and talk things over for the full amount of allotted time? Seems like a decent reason to me, I was going to do it myself. The day is still quite young.
I was trying to extend the day so we could have more time to discuss, which is always good for the town - ask anyone. In fact, maybe if we HAD waited like I suggested instead of quicklynching, we wouldn't be in lylo right now.
9)
almaster wrote:College move-in day was yesterday. Give me a break. The amount of activity this game had last round was insanely abnormal and I will need time to fully analyze it. The round also ended much quicker than it should have.

Why?

Summary: You have yet to defend yourself, and your offense is awful. Please try again.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

DarkLightA wrote:PBPA of Almaster (not too much here, been lots of lurking):
This entire "case" is laughably weak.
It was the obv-RVS. We voted for eachother over Pokemon avatars. It was totally insignificant and everyone understands this.
How is this plus scum points? If anything, it's town points.
3)

No, because I DID post during the RVS. I admit I lurked a bit later, but I was busy and the game was going so rapidly I didn't have time to keep up. Remember, this game hasn't actually lasted very long real-life-time-wise.
With a side note:
I get no read off this.
5)
I was trying to extend the day so we could have more time to discuss, which is always good for the town - ask anyone. In fact, maybe if we HAD waited like I suggested instead of quicklynching, we wouldn't be in lylo right now.
9)

Why?

Summary: You have yet to defend yourself, and your offense is awful. Please try again.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

@Almaster: I just went through your case, I didn't say that I thought you were scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

DarkLightA wrote:@Almaster: I just went through your case, I didn't say that I thought you were scum.
If you don't think I'm scum, why did you do a PBPA on me?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Maemuki »

Everything's very pretty but I'm V/LA until tomorrow afternoon, kthxbai.
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:31 am

Post by AfroLaX »

It's very easy to say that you weren't implying someone was scum ad hoc [especially after they shred your reasoning to pieces]. It's also the same as when you said "I think you're on a team, but I didn't say which one", after blatantly implying that we were working together in a scum effort. Almaster has a point though, you should not have supplied a PBPA on him, implicating him, when you
claim
that you think he is town - You should have rather done a PBPA on the people you think are suspicious. You were trying to make him look suspicious, which leads me to believe that you were just pulling a scum maneuver.

Some of DarkLightA's most recent posts are actually ridiculously scummy.
AfroLaX
AfroLaX
Townie
AfroLaX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 am

Post by AfroLaX »

EBWOP: Please distinguish between doing a PBPA in an attempt to implicate someone you think is scum [e.g. building a case against them] & doing a PBPA to try incriminate them and when it doesn't work, you back off claiming you were giving a [completely pointless] PBPA on someone you think is town.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 am

Post by DarkLightA »

AfroLaX wrote:EBWOP: Please distinguish between doing a PBPA in an attempt to implicate someone you think is scum [e.g. building a case against them] & doing a PBPA to try incriminate them and when it doesn't work, you back off claiming you were giving a [completely pointless] PBPA on someone you think is town.
It was more personal, for myself, to check who's scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”