Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Not really fussed about mass claim. I see no real benefits/drawbacks of doing it a today, but then we won't know untill we start. So yeh, why not. Agreed.

SerialClergyman wrote: Could we get more info on your role and choices, CKD? Unless you think it would hurt the town?
I want this. Now. The potential benefits outweigh any negatives.

Ok - so my case on Faraday. Mostly - he's been useless. He's had no real scumhunting all game. Perhaps his biggest case ever was on Hayker, who he then promptyl unvoted at the mason claim and then left himself unvoted ALL THROUGH THE DAY while everyone else were focusing on Xyl or Namttam. Given I now think both of them are town, it looks to me like he was just calmly avoiding the wagon on what he knew was likely to be town.
Why would I as scum not want to pick a side here?
If someone could point to a gutsy, good bit of scumhunting from him I'd be greatly surprised.
Gutsy bit of scum-hunting? What does that mean?
Yesterday he was on the Lowell wagon and did essentially what Xyl was suspecting me and CKD of doing. But at least I and to some extend CKD tried to demonstrate why I thought Lowell was scummy, look for additional evidence, construct scumteams and the like, Faraday just sat there and let the vote sit on Lowell (and everyone else's vote sit on me).
I said exactly why I thought Lowell was scummy. I thought he breadcrumbed neighbour and then went back on it due to looking bad. I don't see what's so hard to see there. Scum-teams are better looked at when we have the flip so yeh, I was slightly lazy and didn't look for scum-teams with Lowell I don't see how that's scummy.

Then I started looking back through his history and found a few suspicious posts. Note - this essentially assumes KK is town, so adjust suspicion accordingly.

That's a subtle way of encouraging a vig, isn't it?

You're reaaaaaching so badly. It's clearly not encouraging the vig, more-so saying why it's a not a good idea for scum to claim miller.

Eh you're going to have to explain to me how that's a scumslip Zazie.
Looks like teeing up a scummate to me. Very easy way of getting her more air time for her theory.
I didn't see what she was talking about and asked for clarification. I then disagreed. So asking for clarification, or questioning someone on something is 'teeing them up'.

Ugh zazie seems to be asking some of the questions I'm asking, that's good in one way, in that it makes me feel better about her, but bad in a I want to ask them first way Yeh don't worry I'll not pout.
I thought she was town, yes. I was wrong.

And as for KK, I don't like his confusion over his role at all. I think it's much more damning than any slip, btw. Surely if you're a miller you know you're a miller and not a death miller. Like, and if it wasn't clear from the role pm you pm the mod, or well I would Idk I've never been a miller.
Ok, so one post lending support to Zazie and then one soon after agreeing with the case on KK. This is making KK vigbait I think.
How does it make KK vig-bait. I didn't like his confusion over his role and said so. I still felt he was probably town and didn't support his lynch, which was what was in question at the time.
This is awful.
First directing the vig, I'm sure if we have a vig they can use their own discretion.
Hypocrasy, not to mention encouraging the vig in his own way I think.
Wait what? I've already pointed out how I'm not being hypocritical. And I'm telling people to stop encouraging the vig. How is that encouraging the vig? Really?

Yeh, this newbie game is where Ckool was town and was an easy mis-lynch.
I was scum in that game too.
Just read day 1 and it should give you an idea what he's talking about. But basically he seemed to put his fut in his mouth a few times, and was over eager and ended up looking pretty damn scummy.
Possible slip???
What? I was referring to my alignment as a side note, in regards to Ckool. Don't see what you're talking about.
578 and 589 he starts to switch his view on the miller. It's all this sort of cautious dialog with Zazie and I'm not sure it's legit.
Erm the view is pretty much expressed in one of my earlier posts. I didn't like his confusion over his role pm, but in the end thought he was scum-hunting and likely town. Also is changing your view on something scummy? In general I mean.

589 is me saying that's obviously not a lie. It's suspicious but not a lie. Once again not a change of stance. You've just shown I remainined pretty consistent here actually. I don't really see the relevance.

Far more work done to discredit a few minor constructions done than he ever did to scumhunt. It's just more work derailing working theories without providing any real alternatives or fire or belief.
Shutting down crazy theories, or bad ones is good though.
So that's my case. I think Faraday is Vermillon scum. If I had to pick a scumpartner, I'd say KMD for the pattern of behaviour. The fact that they were both so quiet yesterday (and while V/LA for some of it, KMD certainly wasn't for all of it) and both were voting different people quietly yet both ended up on the same wagon to lynch a townie makes me suspicious of the pair, but Lowell should be the first lynch imo.
We;ve already lynched Lowell :P

I don't see where your getting all of this. You seem to be over-reaching and interperating my posts in a very weird manner, i.e. me encouraging vig speculation when it's pretty clear I wasn't.

I don't think CKD is a hider. The claim is so fucking dodgy. I thought he was town before, but it just seems such a fake claim. He picked an obv town target to claim to have hid behind so yeh, and he hasn't been using his role, when he could be confirming people with it.

As for my suspects I'd have them somewhere like this:

Sc/CKD would be my top 2 lynches for today.

Sc apparently seemed townie enough to get people to back off yesterday but yeh, he seems to be deliberately finding ways to see my posts in a negative light.

KMD's hammer when discussion was going on is slightly weird, but obviously he thought Lowell was scum. He also lurked through yday, but he was V/La so I guess that partly explains that.

Xyl I'm actually pretty unsure of atm. I don't see him in a scum-team with Sc, or even indeed CKD, but it's possible they're opposing scum groups.

Wicked and KK are town.

Spyrex is probably town. His play here seems similar-ish to WOT from my recollection.

SpyreX has claimed, so do we continue in a popcorn method or ..what?
Never mind.

Idk when I'll post again, hopefully eircom fix my net soon. So yeh, I'll post semi-regularly for the next week if possible. Should be back by then.

:) See ya guys tomorrow *hopefully*
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:43 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Faraday wrote: I don't think CKD is a hider. The claim is so fucking dodgy. I thought he was town before, but it just seems such a fake claim. He picked an obv town target to claim to have hid behind so yeh, and he hasn't been using his role, when he could be confirming people with it.
yeah, i thought you might say this. any reason you didnt say it yesterday? You had plenty of time to say this shit yesterday.....any reason you didnt? Did me saying you are scum (today) have anything to do with it? please explain how I could confirm someone if I was dead? I actually didnt really believe the KK claim at first (this all ties into my "crumb") and I have confirmed him. and you are saying this today and you dont know who (or if) I hid behind last night.

obv scum

==

also I dont have a problem with KK starting...since Faraday has posted, pretty much what I thought he would....
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Anyone who has already fullclaimed can start it. Wickedestjr would be best because he's confirmed town, but it doesn't matter that much. What matters is that we go popcorn so scum can't choose their spot in the claim.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:59 am

i only trust Wick and KK to start.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

curiouskarmadog wrote:i only trust Wick and KK to start.
Meh, fair enough.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Alright then..

KMD4390 - State your claim.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

CKD wrote:Funny no one has asked me to claim. Anyone curious why KMD implies that Lowel’s lack of claim is guiding his vote (vote lowel because he thought he declined to claim, then unvotes after he "missed" it). That claim must be awful important to KMD. So he votes me. Anyone curious why KMD doesn’t ask for my claim then?

He knows I am at -1.

Anyone curious why KMD has been spouting all day that he prefers a Lowell lynch (though still not really stating why) over mine then suddenly votes me last minute?
He's scum. That's why. :wink:

CKD wrote:I am a Hider bitches. That’s why I have had such an issue with the amount of pro town roles claims…a miller, two sets of neighbors, a set of masons, a hider. I cant hide two nights back to back. If I hide behind someone who dies, I die. If I hide behind mafia, I die. I win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and if at least one protown player survives.
I don't believe the claim.

SerialClergyman wrote:if CKD's claim is correct, he MUST KNOW that someone is innocent.
How come?

CKD wrote:I have hid once...not saying what night, only scum would want to know that, behind KK.
Why would you behind him?!?! He has a top NK candidate every single night of the game!!!

SerialClergyman wrote:Checking now.. nobody vote.
What changed in your head between that unvote and revote?

SpyreX wrote:Unless CKD is playing games within games the "I thought I was hammered" rings town
It is a fake. Stop defending your scum buddy. Why the heck would CKD make his bah post before he flipped scum/town?

Xyl wrote:Gut says curiouskarmadog and Kmd are both scum. Probably different teams.
*claps* Somebody's been paying attention.

Xyl wrote:SpyreX is going to be flabbergasted. Kmd is Cerulean, curiouskarmadog and Faraday are Vermillion. I think.
ooh, close. I think I'd switch Faraday with SpyreX.

Xyl wrote:So, can we lynch curiouskarmadog now?
Nah. I'd rather lynch Cerulean.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Xyl wrote:Wickedestjr, what do you think of the Lowell flip?
Doesn't surprise me at all. After re-reading the first 50 pages of the thread again, it was obvious to me that he was town. I would have rather lynched Kmd, CKD, or SpyreX.

*Dislike Serial's case on Faraday. None of the points are strong enough. If I were Faraday, I could very easily defend myself against it I think.

Xyl wrote:I am confused how Lowell being town would make you more worried about me. Elaborate.
It strengthened my town read on you. I don't see how that could have made you look scummier.

KK wrote:I think it's probably a good move at this point to have a mass roleclaim so that we can get all info on the table for best decision making.
Hmm... That's an interesting suggestion that I hadn't considered yet. But I think we better do it now, then later.

KK wrote:I'm still incredibly suspicious that curiouskarmadog is lying about his role claim. However both mafia groups targetted a mason, which means that he might be telling the truth. If he was a member of the mafia, then there was a 50% chance that both masons could have died and he'd be exposed.
I disagree with this. There is no way that CKD would have known that the Ceruleans were going to target a mason too. I also don't recall CKD confirming that he was going to hide behind a mason. There is also the possibility that CKD and SpyreX didn't think this through.

KK wrote:I can't picture the last Cerulean risking that, so if curiouskarmadog is scum, then he's Vermillion.
This connects to my theory earlier. Does anybody notice all these connections to my theory?

Serial wrote:I'm cool with a massclaim. I suggest Wicked picks the order, given he's confirmed, or we popcorn.
This is the order that I'd pick it;

KMD, SpyreX, Faraday, SerialClergyman, Xyl

But I'm fine with popcorn too.

SpyreX wrote:Meta'ing me against twilight is going to be a poor idea.
Elaborate please.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Alright. I'm not done catching up, but almost everybody supports a mass claim. If I pick the order, then I give that order in my last post, but if we are doing popcorn, then I pick Kmd first.

Vote: Kmd the Cerulean Scum

And one more thing, I would appreciate it if I could get some more feedback on my previous theory about Kmd being Cerulean and SpyreX and CKD being Vermillion together, because everybody ignored it. :(
-Wickedestjr
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

You forgot ckd in your claim order. Anyways, popcorn.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Faraday wrote: Why would I as scum not want to pick a side here?
So you are free to vote whichever way gains momentum.

--------------

I'm vanilla. Serial's turn.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Will comment more on events when the claiming is done.

I'm vanilla. Faraday please.
I'm old now.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 pm

ok, tomorrow...I am preparing to travel...Sunday getting settled in my home (hotel)...I will try to check this tomorrow..and claim when needed.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Actually, there's one event I will comment on - Wicked, why are you voting for KMD if you think he's Cerulean? If there are 3 Vermillon then we will actually lose if we lynch Cerulean today. I personally don't think it's likely, but to be safe I think we should definitely be aiming Vermillon today.
I'm old now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Posting in all my games. After I leave my house around 4:45 EST tomorrow morning, I won't be home to post until Tuesday. Whether I post before then or not depends on whether or not I get brief laptop access.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

CKD wrote:Why do you want to know what night I hid so badly?

how is it protown to know what night I hid?
We want to see the breadcrumb. I don't think Xyl cares what night you hid, but he and now I want to see the breadcrumb. You refusing to show us could be due to two things;

1: You don't have a breadcrumb.

2: You think you'll appear more townie if you refuse to tell us.

Oh and also, why would your breadcrumb tell us what nights you used your ability?

CKD wrote:also the crumb is fucking obvious..
Then tell us.

Xyl wrote:SpyreX, don't be a moron and don't claim out of order.
Hmm... This statement is kind of odd considering that SpyreX already claimed and it was too late to warn him, but I can't put my finger on it right now. Possibly giving him another chance to claim? Hmm... interesting.

Xyl wrote:You forgot ckd in your claim order. Anyways, popcorn.
That's cuz he claimed already. But I see that he is willing to tell us about his breadcrumb if we have him claim again, so I'd have him claim after Kmd.

SerialClergyman wrote:Actually, there's one event I will comment on - Wicked, why are you voting for KMD if you think he's Cerulean? If there are 3 Vermillon then we will actually lose if we lynch Cerulean today. I personally don't think it's likely, but to be safe I think we should definitely be aiming Vermillon today.
Hmm... I see what you mean. For some reason I had this idea in my head that a Cerulean lynch was better because it would narrow the nightkills down to 1, hence giving us more time to lynch Vermillions. I also didn't think that there were three Vermillions left. CKD and SpyreX are probably Vermillion, but I think CKD is more likely, so I'll support a CKD lynch or a Kmd.
Unvote

I'll think about this for a few minutes...

Okay, you're right, a Vermillion lynch is better.
Vote: CKD

*waits for Faraday to claim*
-Wickedestjr
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:02 pm

lol, again, where did I refuse to claim?

I havent claimed yet (the mass claim today I will go into detail)...it hasnt gotten to me yet. If you werent confirmed, I would totally peg you for scum. Wick you do know how a mass claim works right?

Wick, I have said NUMEROUS times today that I would claim fully, though, and when you see the claim, you will understand WHY it was a bad idea for me to claim fully.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:04 pm

Wick two posts before you posts I said I would claim...why are you ignoring that?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 pm

EDIT "...before you POSTED, I said I...."
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:29 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #70=-

curiouskarmadog (2) - Xylthixlm, Wickedestjr
SerialClergyman (1) - Kmd4390
Faraday (1) - SpyreX

Not Voting (4) - curiouskarmadog, Faraday, Kublai Khan, SerialClergyman

5 to lynch.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:44 am

ugh. last check in before I am gone for about 48 hours..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Still waiting for Faraday to claim, but in the meantime my answer to Wicked's question about scum metas has now changed with the completion of one of my games, you can find it here.
I'm old now.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, again, where did I refuse to claim?

I havent claimed yet (the mass claim today I will go into detail)...it hasnt gotten to me yet. If you werent confirmed, I would totally peg you for scum. Wick you do know how a mass claim works right?

Wick, I have said NUMEROUS times today that I would claim fully, though, and when you see the claim, you will understand WHY it was a bad idea for me to claim fully.
Fine. But that is not the only thing that has raised my suspicions. These are the other reasons;

1. It was pretty obvious to me that your false BAH post was for the main purpose of making you look more pro-town.

2. Your claim doesn't match that of a normal hider. It looks more like a mix of a hider and a commuter. This is also a large normal, so I kind of doubt that role would be in this game.

3. Hiding behind Kublai Khan would have never been a good idea. Think about it. Night 1, Kublai Khan had raised many suspicions. A vig might have targetted him. Night 2, we had just discovered that Mastin was scum, so it became obvious that KK wasn't Vermillion or Cerulean. All the nights after this one, it was obvious he wasn't scum, so he was a big candidate for a scum nk.

4. Process of elimination.

Oh and you saying "If you weren't confirmed town I would vote you" is really bothering/annoying me. It seems like your trying to frighten me off your bandwagon or something.

CKD wrote:Wick two posts before you posts I said I would claim...why are you ignoring that?
I don't see why you don't just tell us now. It seems like you are using all the time you have to come up with the perfect explanation. I hope that when you claim it explains that though.

SC wrote:Still waiting for Faraday to claim, but in the meantime my answer to Wicked's question about scum metas has now changed with the completion of one of my games, you can find it
Thanks, and congrats on the win btw. Now on to my follow-up question: If you were playing a game as scum do you usually try to ignore your scum partners, or do you bus them. And if you are bussing them, then how much do you do it?
-Wickedestjr
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Faraday »

vanilla townie.

who's left to claim?

Xyl? Is that it. He can go next if so

still no net :/ so yeh.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Fine, whatever. I'm vanilla, curiouskarmadog is next.

Achilles
SpyreX - Vanilla
cateraction
curiouskarmadog -
Hider, targets ???

dvdkid13
Kmd4390 - Vanilla
fallen angel
Xylthixlm - Vanilla
Faraday - Vanilla
Kublai Khan - Miller
reveillark