Newbie 827 - Store Katana (Scum Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Tenchi »

VOTE COUNT

(3) adamrights - XScorpion, oramiuri, Wysp

(2) Wysp - julienvonwolfe, Messiah

(2) NewAgeWarrior - purple princess, Excedrin
(1) XScorpion - NewAgeWarrior

Not Voting: adamrights

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
DEADLINE: September 7, 2009 12:01 PM PST
Last edited by Tenchi on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by adamrights »

This is my second game on mafia scum. I played a few on this other forum before joining up here about a month ago.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:35 am

Post by XScorpion »

Adamrights: I'll unvote you as soon as you give me a nice, full detailed description of everything you think of the game so far.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:43 am

Post by adamrights »

Well I'm about to drive four hours upstate for a slap on the wrist "unlawful possession of marijuana" summons only to drive four hours back down. :evil:

After that I'm planning on meeting my lady friend and smoking...a lot, so chances are you'll get that on Friday or late late Thursday night, which would be Friday morning anyways...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:46 am

Post by adamrights »

FYI...n107yuh I'm guessing from playing mafia IRL, where it's all facial reading and quick lynching did not have a clue what to do...or how to scum hunt; pardon his posts :)
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Messiah »

Excedrin wrote:julienvonwolfe, Messiah, why are you still voting for Wysp?
Why am I voting for him? He's done various scummy thing(Trying to quick-lynch, trying to no-lynch) and defended those actions with uncheckable meta, WIFOM, an OMGUS vote on me and appeal to emotion. I also didn't like how he gave up and started lurking for a few days or his reasoning for voting n107yuh.(Probably the wording more than anything)
Excedrin wrote:Do you think he's more scummy than anything else that's going on in the game so far?
Yes, I'd say so.

Why are you still voting for NAW? Do you think he comes of poorly in the NAW vs XScorpion posts?
It's times like this..
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

Messiah wrote:NAW vs XScorpion
I really hope it doesn't come down to this...I don't want to see this game turn into a decision between either voting for me or voting for him, because in the chance that both of us are pro-town, the mafia has a huge lead by taking advantage of this conflict.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Excedrin »

Messiah wrote:Why are you still voting for NAW? Do you think he comes of poorly in the NAW vs XScorpion posts?
I'm thinking of changing my vote, and obviously I'll have to if nobody else gets on this wagon.

I really dislike the wagon on adamrights - XScorpion, oramiuri, Wysp.

I still get the impression that Wysp is just VI/new/etc, but noob scum is still possible. NAW has improved somewhat after I voted him and has repeated my suspicion of XScorp. But, NAW's reasons for voting XScorp seem unclear to me. Possible bus?

It seems weird that everyone (but especially XScorp, with his desire to lynch lurkers) is ignoring oramiuri. Actually, in isolation, oramiuri seems reasonable, but possibly busy recently. His last post asked purple princess a question; nothing since then.
XScorpion wrote:I really hope it doesn't come down to this...I don't want to see this game turn into a decision between either voting for me or voting for him, because in the chance that both of us are pro-town, the mafia has a huge lead by taking advantage of this conflict.
This is odd, why would it be only you two? Note that there's a total of 5 votes between adamrights and Wysp. Clearly people think that the two of them are scummy. Why wouldn't we lynch one of them today?
XScorpion wrote:I have a feeling that n107 is just gonna get replaced and then I'm going to have to really think about who I should vote for...
Now that n107yuh has been replaced, who do you think deserves your vote or really, who's the best lynch choice?
Wysp
Wysp
Goon
Wysp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Wysp »

defended those actions with uncheckable meta, WIFOM, an OMGUS vote on me and appeal to emotion.
I can give you the links if you want them, the forum I played in is back up.

Declaring WIFOM does not make it less valid, IMO.

I never OMGUSed you, I just thought you looked suspicious for pounding someone relentlessly.

I did not AtE, I just said okay, if you wanna lynch me, fine.

The reason I lurked was because I thought I was gonna be hanged and because I've been busy with college and another forum.

Also, nice tameetcha, Adam! Maybe this will get more interesting...
Men are like colonies of bacteria. The more heat you apply, the faster they grow.

We can't see the demons that lurk in the dark...That's why humans are weak.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:59 am

Post by XScorpion »

People seem to only be voting for adamrights because their votes are left-over from n107... I haven't ignored oramiuri: like I said on page 6, Oramiuri looks like the next lurker to poke, as soon as I'm assured that adamrights isn't going to do the same thing that n107. I still haven't forgotten how n107 replaced sergie just to lurk around, so I want to make sure adamrights doesn't continue the trend.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Messiah »

XScorpion wrote:I really hope it doesn't come down to this... <snip> because in the chance that both of us are pro-town, the mafia has a huge lead by taking advantage of this conflict.
Well, that quote is a bit out of context there. I was referring to your and NAW's back and forth earlier. I don't think anyone has implied that one of you have to be scum.
Excedrin wrote:It seems weird that everyone (but especially XScorp, with his desire to lynch lurkers) is ignoring oramiuri. Actually, in isolation, oramiuri seems reasonable, but possibly busy recently. His last post asked purple princess a question; nothing since then.
I don't think everyone is ignoring him, he just isn't posting very often. I did like most of his posts, they just aren't very frequent. Hopefully he can confirm if he's busy or not in his next post.
Wysp wrote:WIFOM does not make it less valid, IMO.
I disagree. Using a WIFOM defense is more of a scum-tell.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Messiah »

EBWODP: The last line should be more along the lines of "I disagree. A WIFOM defense isn't even something that you can really take in to account when judging someones defense due to its nature, and could be considered a scum-tell."
It's times like this..
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:12 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Wysp wrote:tameetcha
I read that like 10 times before I figured it out :cry:

In regards to oramiuri and vonwolfe, I wouldn't call either one lurkers, but they both provide good posts and we have not hear from them as much as I would like. (vonwolfe has school, so its understandable)
Since there are only 8 pages, I'd like to hear from Adam real soon. A fresh look is always nice.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by oramiuri »

I apologize for not posting as much as I should; I simply do not like to say something without thinking it through thoroughly. Also I have a boat load of AP/IB classes to contend with. I should be more active on the weekends, though.

And I am not changing my vote because I'm fairly sure that n107yuh was scum, or at least did some pretty scummy things; and that Adam, by extension, is scum as well.
Wysp
Wysp
Goon
Wysp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Wysp »

My logic was the same.
Men are like colonies of bacteria. The more heat you apply, the faster they grow.

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by XScorpion »

My logic is not: like I said before, as soon as adamrights gives me a full detailed analysis of what he thinks of the game so far and continues to post at what I deem to be an acceptable rate, I'll be unvoting.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Fan Expo this weekend, might not be posting as often :X
Wysp
Wysp
Goon
Wysp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Wysp »

So, if people get struck with an unforseen bout of "Life" and can't give warnings and have to stop posting so that they can solve a problem much more important than a Mafia game, you'd lynch them for being quiet? I might be a newcomer here, but that seems really odd. We usually targeted the suspicious ones.

Of course we had twenty people in each game and suspect lists for each crime. :P

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:13 am

Post by XScorpion »

"If people get struck with an unforseen bout of "life", then at least give an explanation for it when you get back...n107 just popped back in with a vote for you and no reasons for why he was lurking or why he was voting.
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Wysp wrote:So, if people get struck with an unforseen bout of "Life" and can't give warnings and have to stop posting so that they can solve a problem much more important than a Mafia game, you'd lynch them for being quiet? I might be a newcomer here, but that seems really odd. We usually targeted the suspicious ones.

Of course we had twenty people in each game and suspect lists for each crime. :P
In that case, if they will be MIA for a long or unforeseen amount of time, they can just get replaced out. If it is so dire that they can't even post to say that, then they will probably be autoreplaced after not responding to prods. Mod makes those types of decisions anyway, so its up to him in the end, what he says, goes.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Excedrin »

XScorpion wrote:My logic is not: like I said before, as soon as adamrights gives me a full detailed analysis of what he thinks of the game so far and continues to post at what I deem to be an acceptable rate, I'll be unvoting.
How does this make sense at all?

If someone joins the game, immediately says, "wait, who's my scumbuddy?" followed by "EPWOP: ignore that it was supposed to be PM to mod" then leaves and is replaced... Their replacement is still scum.

It's like you're saying, "well, frequency of posts is far more important than content." Which is totally untrue. Often, "good" players start to post very frequently as scum (it's especially apparent in games on IRC). Good players love to talk and share their views on everything.

I think that many players in this game have told/asked you repeatedly to stop focusing entirely on lurkers and start finding scummy behavior in the participating players.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 am

Post by adamrights »

There is something I do not like about the player Wysp. I have not read the forum yet where he plays...but claiming when he plays Mafia he sells out the mafia because of some intrinsic loyalty always to the town? That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe he did something like that and now figures -- "ah -- great excuse."

This is supposed to be a game and it only works if people are playing fair...as in, trying to win. If your town and you die -- you still win with the town. Same as the mafia

Alright, next...
NAW: Town, or foolish mafia. I'm actually thinking he might be the doctor, as the cop shouldn't claim townie if he wants people (or me at least) to believe him, the townie should not make comments like that since it could lead mafia to think he's not the doctor/cop (we want a townie to get night killed, not a power role) and mafia just threw away the ability to fake-claim a power role later. Either way, claiming so early was a huge mistake, and if NAW is mafia, then I expect him to make more mistakes later on.

This was really foolish now XScorpion...never infer who you think power roles are, if anything do what you think would keep mafia from targeting one of our power roles.

Now, after reading the thread through I'm actually most suspicious of oramiuri as her playing style reminds me a bit of Katy who was scum in my last game 818 (I was the cop who investigated her both nights -- getting a result the second night allowing us to win D3). She is tactful but too safe. Here are two posts that stand out:

oramiuri wrote:Perhaps I'm micro analyzing, but what do people think of Sarcyn's leave? Is he bored with his role of a vanilla townie, or does he feel unwilling to go through the effort of being a doc/cop/mafia? Or am I just being ridiculous and he truly has better things to do?
My first though on Sarcyn leaving was, "Newb didn't want to play townie...thinks it is boring." If your town, your best bet is to see what the replacement does. This speculating on roles I do not like. There is nothing in this post actually pro-town...and you know it, you say -- perhaps I'm micro analyzing...and then just act scummy. Possible slip up.

oramiuri wrote:I know this sort of contradicts what I said earlier about not being able to pressure lurkers, but n107 exhibited some very scummy behavior and then disappeared, thus contributing very little analysis to the game itself.

Vote: n107yuh
This seems like a safe vote for a scum. Now replaced again, my character comes on -- makes a quick vote and then goes idle. Why did he do it? I'm guessing he started to read the thread and got bored with it but went with his initial-reaction vote...which was for wysp, and rightfully so -- as my initial reaction to him was scum as well when I began reading.

I got a bit delayed getting back, but I'll be active now. Vote
oramiuri
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by purple princess »

Oramiuri wrote:And I am not changing my vote because I'm fairly sure that n107yuh was scum, or at least did some pretty scummy things; and that Adam, by extension, is scum as well.
Ok so this discussion has been going on for ages about lurkers = scum, is why you are keeping your vote on n107yuh/adamrights? You haven't really been that active yourself so you could really be tarnished with the same brush. I really do believe that n107yuh was just new and didn't really like this game, so gave up pretty quickly, without more information from adamrights I think we may be looking in the wrong direction for scum, and just wasting valuable time right now.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:26 am

Post by oramiuri »

I simply do not like to switch my vote around willy nilly. I believe someone upthread said something about how vote hopping devalues the vote, which I agree with.

I could flail my arms about and make wild, unsupported accusations; indeed, my thought process is often of jumping from one extreme to another and reasoning down to the middle; but I try not to post as such, as I would seem and obnoxious and rash. I do not enjoy being thought of as unpleasant by complete strangers.

I'm afraid that my "micro analyzing" post was an example of the thought process that I try to keep private. I made a poor choice in posting it.

I apologize for being somewhat inactive, and I understand if that makes me appear scummy, but I certainly didn't just jump in and vote. I have been posting and analyzing throughout.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Tenchi »

Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”