elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pooky replaced in overnight. He hasn't made great contributions yet, but I tend to give him a little more leeway than someone who has been in the game from the beginning and still given nothing/very little. Plus, he made me laugh when he poked at kmd's "solid logic."

ekiM, who are the "several other players in the same situation"?

Also, whining that other people have made the same scummy moves as you, does not make me think you're any less scummy.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:53 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

SerialClergyman: 3 (elvis_knits, roflcopter, zu_Faul)
Kmd4390: 2 (ekiM, Yosarian2)
charter: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
ekiM: 1 (Ojanen)
iamausername: 1 (VP Baltar)
Yosarian2: 1 (SerialClergyman)
zu_Faul: 1 (iamausername)

Not Voting: 5 (charter, Kmd4390, populartajo, Thesp, Xylthixlm)
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 am

Post by zu_Faul »

ekiM wrote:
Zu wrote:I don't get what you want to say with the picture.
It's a tiny violin. Possibly the smallest in the world.
But what does it
mean
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:03 am

Post by ekiM »

Elvis wrote:Pooky replaced in overnight. He hasn't made great contributions yet, but I tend to give him a little more leeway than someone who has been in the game from the beginning and still given nothing/very little. Plus, he made me laugh when he poked at kmd's "solid logic."
Pooky hasn't made a single contribution so far. This doesn't bother you at all. Him making you laugh isn't really a mitigating factor.

Yet over here, in the blue corner, you are FILLED WITH RAGE that you don't know whom I suspect, a couple of days after the thread re-opened.
Elvis wrote:ekiM, who are the "several other players in the same situation"?
Who are Pooky's main suspects?

Who are Tajo's main suspects?

Who are Thesp's main suspects?

(By the way, you might want to read post 622.)
Elvis wrote:Also, whining that other people have made the same scummy moves as you, does not make me think you're any less scummy.
No, but it does make you a hypocrite to be extremely animated about not knowing my suspicons when you've given no indication that you care at all that other people are exactly the same. Right?
zu_Faul wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Zu wrote:I don't get what you want to say with the picture.
It's a tiny violin. Possibly the smallest in the world.
But what does it
mean
It's playing just for you! And Elvis. Obv.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Zu, "playing the world's smallest violin" is a saying that people use when someone complains about something small and pretends like it's a huge deal. It means he thinks you're exaggerating how important your points against him are.

This probably explains it better:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=1656941

ekiM wrote:Who are Pooky's main suspects?

Who are Tajo's main suspects?

Who are Thesp's main suspects?
Pooky, your point would be good except he hasn't even been in the game that long. You can't compare his lack of content with yours when you have been in the game from the beginning and have no excuse.

Tajo has made good points and seems town to me.

Thesp has made good points and seems town to me.

I'm not suspicious of these people, but if you are, you should be questioning them or voting them, not telling me to do it.

So... stop whining, and saying I am filled with rage over you. I haven't even voted you. When I fly into a rage, you will know it.

The violin should be playing for you!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 am

Post by ekiM »

So you're saying you don't know actually know who their suspects are?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

mith wrote:SerialClergyman: 3 (elvis_knits, roflcopter, zu_Faul)
This bandwagon is obviously made of win.

vote: SerialClergyman
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ekiM wrote:So you're saying you don't know actually know who their suspects are?
Pooky no. The other two yes. They have made productive comments that give me an idea of who they suspect. You have only recently started to do that after I asked you for it.

What is your point? Are you still whining?
Talk nerdy to me.

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:54 am

Post by ekiM »

So why aren't you naming their suspects?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:55 am

Post by ekiM »

If you have such a good idea, I mean.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:04 am

Post by ekiM »

Did post 603 give you an idea of whom I suspect or should I be more explicit? Apparently you still had no idea in post 607.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

622 was good I guess. And if you want to know who tajo and thesp suspect, feel free to iso them. I am not doing your homework for you.
Talk nerdy to me.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:15 am

Post by populartajo »

Serial wrote:Tajo - I don't see scum motivation for what KMD did. Earnt more suspicion for getting off a townie wagon (and he knew what he was in for), when just riding it to lynch he'd fade into the rest of the wagon who were doing the same thing. It was an odd decision, but real gut decisions often are.
Im always suspicious of people jumping out of wagons for weak reasons, specially when BAB was inherently scummy. Do you agree or disagree with my stance?
Xylthixlm wrote:
populartajo wrote:rolf 528. Good news, rabbit is probtown.
me, rabbit, and elvis. We're actually unconfirmed in-thread daymasons.
Xyl, top suspects please.
kmd wrote:Um. Wow. Just wow. My argument was "scum never claim vanilla"? Really?!? Could have sworn I used specifics from the setup of this game like the fact that several of the same power role may exist, so a counterclaim wouldn't mean one is scum, and scum would have been dumb to claim vanilla when facing a Day 1 lynch. The only exception is if someone bussed so hard that the lynch had to happen for that person to gain town points. This is why Bridge was so obvtown after he claimed vanilla.
Kmd, so you think it is impossible for hypothetic babscum to claim vanilla? I dont get why you were so sure about babtown. Also, was that the only reason why you unvoted Bab? You thought he was scummy or not? If he had claimed a power role would you have unvoted him?
Kmd4390 wrote:
populartajo wrote: kmd 553 includes meh answers to yos, bs slip debate and an unvote for elvis. What was the point of voting her then?
Kmd4390 wrote:I don't OMGUS as scum. I tell people they are town for pursuing a case they believe. And my reason for suspecting you is more the gut feeling that you aren't playing to your meta.
Kmd, what games are you using as meta information?
Thought she was scum then changed my mind.
Not using any specific games. You can check my scum games if you'd like though.
Im talking about what games you are using to backup your Yos accusation. Yos has always been very hard for me to read, sometimes he makes a scummy point but in his next paragraph he comes with a very potent point. I want to understand what exactly makes you think Yos is not playing his town meta.
Mike wrote:Suspect
KMD
VP Baltar
Xyl
Can you expand your reads on these players? I think I get the kmd case but what about xyl and baltar? Also lol tiniest violin.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 am

Post by ekiM »

elvis_knits wrote:And if you want to know who tajo and thesp suspect, feel free to iso them. I am not doing your homework for you.
LOL! How can you not get this? I am asking if YOU know who they suspect. You say you do, but you can't take three seconds to type who that is? How strange!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 am

Post by populartajo »

ekiM wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:And if you want to know who tajo and thesp suspect, feel free to iso them. I am not doing your homework for you.
LOL! How can you not get this? I am asking if YOU know who they suspect. You say you do, but you can't take three seconds to type who that is? How strange!
Mike, what is the point of this post? You just posted that Elvis was prob headstrong town so why are you blaming her for something that I am supposedly doing?
Call me Tajo.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ekiM wrote:
You are seriously getting obnoxious.

Tajo seems to suspect kmd most. Some suspicion on Yos, serial. Thinks Xyl is strange. Thinks rofl and me are prob town. Likes Ojanen.

Thesp seems to be suspicious of VP, Serial, ekim. He thinks both me and kmd are town.

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT?
Talk nerdy to me.

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 am

Post by ekiM »

populartajo wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Mike, what is the point of this post? You just posted that Elvis was prob headstrong town so why are you blaming her for something that I am supposedly doing?
It annoys me that she was so deeply concerned over what my suspicions were when she clearly didn't know what yours were, and didn't care.
elvis_knits wrote:
ekiM wrote:

Tajo seems to suspect kmd most. Some suspicion on Yos, serial. Thinks Xyl is strange. Thinks rofl and me are prob town. Likes Ojanen.

Thesp seems to be suspicious of VP, Serial, ekim. He thinks both me and kmd are town.

The point is you've QUITE CLEARLY just gone back and looked at their one substantive post from today and dredged whatever you can find from that. It's incredibly obvious. You DID NOT know what their suspicions were when I asked you. So get off MY jock about taking two days to re-read a 25 page thread and decide who is suspicious. Thanks!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:36 am

Post by roflcopter »

yup, ekim is scum
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 am

Post by ekiM »

populartajo wrote:
Mike wrote:Suspect
KMD
VP Baltar
Xyl
Can you expand your reads on these players? I think I get the kmd case but what about xyl and baltar? Also lol tiniest violin.
Suuure.

First of all, both of them jumped all over me for saying "1 out of 5 people is probably scum", and I have serious trouble understanding why they made such a big deal of it. I've yet to see any explanation for how a scum player would be more motivated to post that than a town player.

VP especially left his vote on me for all of Day 1 while I was conveniently V/LA, meaning he didn't have to commit himself to much else. Read him in iso and he really doesn't commit to much at all textually.

In VP's arguments with iamausername, VP comes out looking bad to me. Read them.

Xyl seems to be sitting back and making random comments and flicking his vote around arbitrarily. His thought process is opaque to me, and I'm not sure why that should be so.

Maybe there was more that I can't remember off the top of my head. Oh, can I say 'gut'? Gut!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 am

Post by ekiM »

roflcopter wrote:yup, ekim is scum
pff, I don't like being hassled.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ekiM wrote:The point is you've QUITE CLEARLY just gone back and looked at their one substantive post from today and dredged whatever you can find from that. It's incredibly obvious. You DID NOT know what their suspicions were when I asked you. So get off MY jock about taking two days to re-read a 25 page thread and decide who is suspicious. Thanks!
I did look at their posts to find out exactly who they were suspicious of -- the same thing I told you to do! I don't have a photographic memory. I can't recall what everyone thinks of every person at every moment. But I was pretty sure that they had made productive comments in the past, and that if I iso them I would know exactly what they thought. And I was right! They have said who they were suspicious of! You, on the other hand, were not scum hunting until recently.

Do not try to defend your lack of scum hunting by saying other people aren't scum hunting either. First of all, that does not excuse your lack of scum hunting. Second, tajo and thesp were doing more than you.

Also, I have no interest in your jock. Thanks.
Talk nerdy to me.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:47 am

Post by populartajo »

ekiM wrote:
populartajo wrote:
ekiM wrote:
It annoys me that she was so deeply concerned over what my suspicions were when she clearly didn't know what yours were, and didn't care.
Okay, since we both are thinking that Elvis is prob town, isnt this reaction normal taking into account what she thinks about you and me? I mean, I am usually more interested in trying to get a read of my suspect instead of of someone I think is probtown, isnt it the same for you?
ekiM wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
ekiM wrote:

The point is you've QUITE CLEARLY just gone back and looked at their one substantive post from today and dredged whatever you can find from that. It's incredibly obvious. You DID NOT know what their suspicions were when I asked you. So get off MY jock about taking two days to re-read a 25 page thread and decide who is suspicious. Thanks!
I think her worries are valid since I also dont know who do you suspect. Your next post should be a scumlist instead of wasting time in a no u! debate.
Call me Tajo.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:48 am

Post by ekiM »

scum hunting != stating your suspicions
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:48 am

Post by ekiM »

^^ that was to elvis.

to tajo, I already posted a scum list. You quoted it...
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 am

Post by populartajo »

ekiM wrote:^^ that was to elvis.

to tajo, I already posted a scum list. You quoted it...
I know. Some of your reads were vague.

Can you use the format I use? Town/neutral/scum?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”