California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

KY Krew: 3 (Gaspar, GoofballsAndBaloons, ShadowLurker)
elmosaurian: 1 (Mighty Orbots)
GoofballsAndBaloons: 1 (Thok)
zwetschenwasser: 1 (Bagel Eating Cowfrog)

Not Voting: 5 (elmosaurian, KY Krew, Rawr Hydra, Seraphim, zwetschenwasser)

Current Condorcet Winner:
KY Krew

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put the following information into this form.

1,Bagel Eating Cowfrog
2,elmosaurian
3,Gaspar
4,GoofballsAndBaloons
5,KY Krew
6,Mighty Orbots
7,Rawr Hydra
8,Seraphim
9,ShadowLurker
10,Thok
11,zwetschenwasser
12,No Lynch

1:11>5>7>2=3=4=8=10>6>9>12>1
1:1=3=4=5=6=7=8=9=10=11=12>2
1:5>1=2=4=6=7=8=9=10=11>12>3
1:5=11>9>1=2=7=8=10>3=6>4>12
1:1=2=3=4=6=7=8=9=10=11=12>5
1:2>1=3=4=5=7=8=9=10=11=12>6
1:1=2=3=4=5=6=8=9=10=11=12>7
1:1=2=3=4=5=6=7=9=10=11=12>8
1:5>2=7=8>3=11>1>10>12>4>6>9
1:4>5=7>8>1=6>9>12>11>2=3>10
1:1=2=3=4=5=6=7=8=9=10=12>11
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I'm posting the picture now! Yayzowr! FYI, Mighty Orbits is a little too paranoid about the picture discussion. I'm trying to understand the mechanics of this game while reading two threads, and although I think I've got it, I also DO want input on what picture to post. I've only got two. So calling me scum for not posting the picture now is not really valid.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Bagel Eating Cowfrog »

Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:
Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:Zwet, besides MafiaJin who else do you suspect at the moment, specifically Off Stage?
in case you missed it

-dahill
again..

It is becoming increasingly more and more apparent to me that zwet is scum.
He has done literally no scumhunting
whatsoever
, unless you call a one-liner agreeing with Gaspar "scumhunting". His posts clearly show that he hasn't been paying attention to the game. It seems to me that he's trying to play out the "confused about game mechanics" for as long as he can so he can continue to drift along under the radar with no content.

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 am

I suspect KY Krew. I think I said that. And while it has taken me some time to get used to the mechanics, I am keeping up with both threads (although it's hard for me to interpret what's going on onstage).
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:I suspect KY Krew.
May I ask why? (Not that I disagree just wondering what your reasons are)
zwetschenwasser wrote:I think I said that. And while it has taken me some time to get used to the mechanics, I am keeping up with both threads (although it's hard for me to interpret what's going on onstage).
Thanks for proving my point

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm

WHAT POINT
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:08 pm

It seems to me that he's trying to play out the "confused about game mechanics" for as long as he can so he can continue to drift along under the radar with no content.
that one.

your answer to my question was...?

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 pm

If we're sending in the KY Krew, we should probably tell CKD to fire MafiaJin, because even if I'm not convinced of him being scum just due to his horrid logic, I definitely don't trust his judgement and would like him to be fired.

I also agree with dahill about zwet

-Cow
dahill+hascow+Shanba
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm posting the picture now! Yayzowr! FYI, Mighty Orbits is a little too paranoid about the picture discussion. I'm trying to understand the mechanics of this game while reading two threads, and although I think I've got it, I also DO want input on what picture to post. I've only got two. So calling me scum for not posting the picture now is not really valid.
Right. So my favorite part of this is that you've managed to post the picture which would have been useful back when it would have cleared up apparent confusion only after sottyrulez was able to step in on the on camera thread and make a great clarifying post (here in case anyone missed it.) Posting the picture after that leads to slight chance of confusion but mostly it's just being done when the posting is obsolete. The value of a communication role like you've got is that you can get disambiguating information into the thread quickly so that we don't have to rely on someone in the on camera thead having the sense that apparently only sottyrulez does there. I can't tell if you're intentionally being ineffective here or not but whether you're scum attempting to play your job poorly or just doing it because you don't do it well I don't want you there.

Papa Zito hasn't posted here today so I'm going to break one of my hydra rules and actually do my own voting. I don't have any reason to think that zwetschenwasser is town, if he's scum he's in a spot that can actually do us harm with the flow of information. Even if he's town if he's playing like this he's got a good chance of hurting us down the line. He gets my vote for now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Unvote.

List:
Vote: zwetschenwasser
, KY Krew, [Rawr Hydra, Seraphim], [GoofballsAndBaloons, ShadowLurker], [Bagel Eating Cowfrog, elmosaurian, Gaspar, Thok]
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Didn't have time to post today. Only time to check my modded game. Sorry.

The reason I'm posting this is because I was preparing to do a reread through today but I didn't have time. I mean, I didn't promise a big post today, but I promised
myself
a big post today. :( I will tomorrow.

-Bridges
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Hi again, everyone. Sorry to be so absent, but I'm getting worse faster than I'm getting better. I'm going back in to have the wound checked up on, but they can't get me in immediately.

Cursory glance at the votecount at the top of this page:
don't know either way for KY Krew, not enough interaction to observe;
elmosaur seems town, looking helpful so far;
don't think Goofloons is scum, nothing seemed out of place;
iffy about zwet being so careful and reactive.

On the MafiaJin issue, my first instinct says he just put himself onstage to be the first to try out the new game mechanic. Is he (either of him) normally a person who carefully considers night power possibilities, or does he usually hold the daylight play in higher regard?

I really need to go back to bed now.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Gaspar »

For whatever it's worth (which probably isn't too much), I could totally switch over to a Zwetwagon. I'm not nearly as sure about Krew, Jin, or Talilan as I am about MafiaJin being scum, but I'd be willing to throw down a Day One lynch on any of the four, really.

It might be because we started Pre-Scene-One with mechanics discussion, but a lot of people, I feel, are being tentative about voting. Elmosaurian and Krew aren't voting, which seems atypical to me, and Zwet just stated he suspects Krew, but doesn't seem to be interested in pressuring Krew by joining the wagon. Zwet's reluctance in partciular says that he's more interested in playing observer and/or he doesn't want to be the dreaded "fourth on the wagon."

Zwet: For what reasons do you suspect Krew? Why do you suspect them
little enough
to refrain from voting for them?
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Rawr Hydra did not post for 72 hours, and have received their first strike.
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 am

Post by elmosaurian »

Yeah, I should vote for someone here.

KY Krew seems scummy/useless here. He's a hydra, as far as I know neither one has been V/LA, and they haven't done anything all game. His only revelent post was to call Mighty Orbots scum for...questioning Glork's comment that he's "100% confirmed", and saying a post of mine was "forced" for some vauge reason. And that's it. One, confirm post, two useless posts, and the one post that has content looks odd and scummy to me.

On my other suspicions...I've got kind of a bad gut feeling about Gasper right now. I can't really explain it, but he seems off, feels more like scum-Glork then town-Glork. I don't really like the way he's scumhunting, and I'm unconvinced about and unsatisfied with his attack and focus on MafiaJin. Talking to Elmo now and he also has a bad feeling about Glork.

Zwet and Bagel Eating Cowfrog are slightly scummier then par, and I think Thok and Zorblog are slightly townier then par.

PPE: Actually, I was going to put Thok under [everyone else], but Elmo's not as confident about Thok as I am, so I'll move him back up to the main pack.

-Yos

Vote:KY Krew
, Gasper, Zwet, Bagel Eating Cowfrog, [everyone else], Mighty Orbots, No Lynch, elmosaurian.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Gaspar, I'm not being tentative about voting, I just have a mainly-only-hammer policy. Krew has been much too nonchalant about the accusations meted out on him, and I don't like his response to DGB's post.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

You realize that it's a Condorcet system meaning preferences and rankings are going to matter a lot?

And why on earth do you have a hammer only policy?

I'll have an updated list shortly. Some people have moved up and down after coming out of hiding.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I do realize it's a condorcet system, but I don't like voting unless I'm hammering. It works for me.
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I do realize it's a condorcet system, but I don't like voting unless I'm hammering. It works for me.
That's a really anti-town "policy" to have. Especially in a game like this, where we might have a lynch without a hammer vote at all.

Yos
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

zwetschenwasser wrote:I do realize it's a condorcet system, but I don't like voting unless I'm hammering. It works for me.
It doesn't work for me. That's because, having announced your "policy" of only casting deciding votes, you pull two anti-town stunts in one go.

First, if you're scum, we can't hold hammering a townie against you, and it might allow you to hammer townies and remain unpunished, because, hey, that's your policy.

Second, if you're town, we lose some of our ability to hold real scum accountable for their actions.

Is there a scenario where your policy is pro-town? If so, I'd like to read your explanation.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Not to mention how we can't hold YOU accountable at any time during the game.

@ zwet - You must make a vote with your next post. A long drawn-out Condorcet vote naming every player.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Elmo/Yos, and SL are exactly right. You can conveniently take yourself out of voting patterns with this silly policy. I would argue that it's distinctly anti-town in any game, but it's several times worse here. However, if somoene else can verify that you have a consistent history of not voting unless it's a hammer, I can tentatively accept your explanation.
BUT. Even if I
do
accept that explanation, you can condorcet-"vote" without actually voting. say "Vote: X, Y, [A, B, C], No Lynch, Zwet" (or whatever) without actually bolding anybody. At the very least, it grants us transparency into your thoughts and actions, and it contributes to the possibilty of a condorcet lynch even if we can't obtain a majority lynch.

I find Yos's use of meta more amusing than anything else, considering I haven't looked at a mafia game in, what... over five months? Nothing else to say on that matter, because "he feels more scum-Glork than town-Glork" and "Elmo has bad feelings, too" holds zero actual substance. Come back later and try harder, you lazy bum.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Gaspar »

EBWOP: Also, I completely disagree with your listing of Shanba/Dahill/Hascow. I find them distinctly protown, based on what I've seen from dahill and what I know I saw in him when I played scum with him in the past.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Actually, Zwet, forget "someone else" confirming this. Please link me to the last five completed games you have played. I want to see this for myself.

(Also, before anybody else brings it up, I do realize the irony in calling CowBagelFrogThing town based on meta, after laughing at Yos's use of meta towards me. But there is another reason for me being a little tentative, which I don't feel like exlpaining at this time.)
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Note to self: one game with Zwet should be enough for the next year or so.

I, too, would like you to honor BridgesandBaloons' request to have a condorcet (with explanations) in your next post.

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
KY Krew
KY Krew
Townie
KY Krew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by KY Krew »

Here is some of what I promised earlier.
Mighty Orbots wrote:Gaspar, if you really are confirmed town, and you can confirm someone else, then you're doing the town a disservice by not explaining why. I could go into particulars on why I feel this way but this is a very veteran group so I don't think it's necessary.

DGB, you're tunneling awfully hard on zwet.

vote: Mr. Grey
And that's pretty much it from Orbots - information, no analysis on this DGB "tunneling." I think it's scummy. Added to the way that he responded to Glork's "confirmed" post (not merely the fact that he responded to it), I've got a suspect.

We as KY Krew feel we could cut away some of the "meta-chaff" - zwet and MafiaJin are two that we had in mind - we know we haven't participated as much as some so far, but do feel we are very capable of closing out a game, and moreso than either of those players (again, aware that this shouldn't necessarily excuse us from our actions, but it's a very pertinent point to consider for this game in particular). It's the town's pleasure if we stuntman into the scene or not, and we were thinking of replacing MafiaJin if we did use our action.

I'll be back in a bit with a closer look On-Camera.

-inHim

vote: Mighty Orbots

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”