Mini 829 - Internal Struggle Mafia (Over)

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, here's my dilemma. Two townies claimed PR's without coming under heavy suspicion. I feel comfortable accepting those, since there's no reason to fake-claim before you're forced to and it would just come back to haunt you. Three PR claims on Day 1 seems very unlikely.

Jason's claim was practically forced. In fact, it was forced before I even asked for it. He was at L-2 and it was extremely unlikely anyone else would be lynched. Why wouldn't he claim?

I did an iso-read and I still find him very scummy. I don't believe his claim.

However, his claim is verifiable. Day 2, he should tell us which post he picked and the verdict and that should make it much easier to determine whether or not he's lying. Therefore,
unvote, vote: IK
. If jason's lying, his claim will come back to haunt him and probably on Day 2.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

can we please just lynch ik? that's potentially three town power roles out. between jason and toro i am actually more inclined to believe jason. roleblocker is often a scum role. jason should most certainly be investigating toro tonight. protective role(s) should be protecting myself and/or jason. deadline is approaching.

jason, be sure you choose a post where someone professes there alignment. in fact, everyone should right now post a statement of their alignment to make it easier for jason to investigate. if anyone doesn't post their alignment before deadline then jason can either look back and find something on them or we will put them under severe scrutiny tomorrow.

obviously, jason, the above statemement to investigate toro is onnly a suggestion. make up your own mind, but realize we all need to work together to make our roles useful.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

i am town aligned.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I am town-aligned.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:46 am

Post by ryan2754 »

RedCoyote wrote:
I'm not really "providing" a case against you per se. Paradox asked what my pulse on the game was, and I consented. Incidentally, I have no qualms with ever explaining what I thinkt he makeup of the town is and think it can always be a spark to conversations to get people to give concrete town/scum predictions.
Fair enough.
RedCoyote wrote: Because it didn't make logical sense. You said you were locked on hiphop, and a few days later you took your vote off. I don't blame you for unvoting hiphop of course, I blame you for erroneously "confiming" your vote before a claim and, if I recall correctly, before a deadline had even been set. There were only two votes, including your own, at that time on hiphop. I know I had expressed much disinterest in lynching him, I think DRK and DTM both felt the same way, but I don't want to put words in their mouths.
To be honest, it is the first time I think I have ever used a Confirm vote. Suffice to say, it seems we have a different opinion on how it's used, which you address later. So I am scummy for confirming a vote after discussing hiphop's scumminess with paradox before a deadline was set?
RedCoyote wrote:
The point is, it was a showy tactic to try and win support. Your "confirm votes" will forever be slightly tainted because, well, they're not really confirmed at all.
Again, first time I have ever done it, and don't intend on doing it again. I agree, it
was
a showy tactic to win support. That's part of this game, to change people's opinions to who you think is scum.
RedCoyote wrote: Even Toro has, for better or worse, fended off pressure and showed us some defense and offense. I don't know, you and Shrine almost seem completely in the background of this game. Zach was guilty of this for a time, but I think he's brought himself out.
I guess I tend to disagree. I have been defending myself against others. I have talked with you since your post about me, and me and DTM have interacted a lot, as well as IK and hiphop. I obviously haven't had to do much defending, but I do when I need to. I feel I have gone on the offensive a decent portion in this game, far more than I usually do on D1. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
RedCoyote wrote: Not seeing the forest for the trees is an idiom. I mean like you are not seeing the bigger picture because you are stuck on relatively minor details. Your confirm vote is a perfect example of this. You've got this strong intent to lynch hiphop, and that's fine, but you're only looking at one dimension of the game. When you "confirm" your vote especially, that's like saying you are done listening to anything else and you are ready for the day to end. That's just not the message I think a town player would want to convey at that time.
Again, I have never considered a confirm vote to be that sort of thing. It was merely a reminder to the town that I find hiphop completely worthy of a lynch at that time. So it seems your argument is based on your definition of a confirm vote. I obviously have been open to other lynches today and have been looking at multiple leads and dimensions, and also asked for a deadline extension. Totally wanting the day to end.
However, I will concede the point I often do get hung up on minor details.
RedCoyote wrote:
Apples to oranges. I'm providing more context than just, you know, "Zach's post seems a little sketchy. I'm suspicious". Additionally I am giving my players who I think sound good; I am showing my evolution throughout the game. Some of your earlier posts were more complete in this sense, but this post (550) is basically following the crowd. I appreciate you telling us that you agree with the greater town sentiment that Toro/jason should probably be given more scrutiny, but you can't lynch two people. What about Toro's breadcrumb? Does jason seem connected to anything? Expand, explain, and get deeper.
My 550 was simply a quick response to DRK's post. Nothing more nothing less. Would you like me to do a scumlist like you do? I understand the concept of not being able to lynch two people. However, given the deadline scenario, either one was viable before Toro's softclaim. I think since his softclaim, albeit having very bad timing, is something to look into D2. Non-CC'd PRs should not be killed D1. Jason seems connected to some people. I'd have to look back but I distinctly remember a few people laying some possible interactions out there with Jason.

RedCoyote wrote:
That I'm missing your unique interpretation of the game.
This response didn't help me, Ha. I guess I just am not grasping what you mean. Is this sarcastic?

Anyone else skeptical of the fact that he claimed Town RB? Anytime I have ever seen someone do that, they have come up as scum. However, I just realized this game is not necessarily normal and is a mini, but still.

634 is an obvious deflection from Jason, again.

I agree with DRK that we need to look at all three claimed PRs, especially since all have claimed on D1. Very unlikely, but again, not something to deal with today.

With regards to Jason's claim, I find it a crazy role, and given this isn't normal, I would be hard pressed for him to make this up. I do agree with DRK that it IS verifiable, and thus can be used on D2. I also think D2 Toro should tell us who he RBed.

I agree with don: Although I don't like to tell PRs what to do, I do think if Jason investigates Toro then we have an interesting situation with regards to both their PRs.

I am town-aligned.

How much longer until deadline?
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I am town-aligned.

IK still looks like the best choice for lynch, being that the next top 2 candidates for lynch are either power or scum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:28 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

How much longer until deadline?
15 hours and 32 minutes from the time of this post.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@hiphop
You're still voting jason. Are you still advocating for his lynch? What do you think of his claim?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by don_johnson »

mod: vote count and deadline info please.

everyone: please state your alignments asap.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

I am town aligned

wait a minute, if jason is scum how is his claim verifiable? Unless we lie as town, won't jason just tell any town players they are telling the truth like any good player would?

It's also a vague role. If I pm the mod with a password and say one in game that could be true or false, would the mod inform you that?

Also I don't like that jason only gave the role and did not suggest any tactics or uses for it. If you've known this all game, shouldn't you have more to say? He should've given us both the mechanics
and
the dynamics.

And although I'd normally ignore his defensiveness about claiming, I think that combined with those points make me fairly willing to lynch jason regardless of his claim. It'd be nice to have him help us lynch scum but he could easily lead the town on a wild goose chase if he is fakeclaiming. And I'll admit I'm feeling a bit calloused to claims after so many.

I'd prefer a zach lynch overall, but I'd still hammer a jason lynch over IK.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Actually, I change my mind. I think we're better off waiting until D2 for jason, and I think it's a bit too close to deadline to fight an IK lynch.

unvote, vote: Idiotking
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

that should be L-1 if I'm not mistaken.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Toro »

DTMaster wrote:@IcemanE

WEEELLLLCOME! :3 I expect a good summary post on day two since today is deadline day.

@Toro
Awesome, you just full claimed. /sarcasm.

It doesn't change the fact that you are one of 2 prime NK targets if you are a PR, but it does almost confirm your township since there hasn't been a CC yet. You still deserve a
IGMIOY: Toro
simply because of your play, but I wouldn't heavily enforce it.

@RC
Ah I see, well that would me my fault of misinterpreting your statement. I agree that alone my case on Jason isn't sufficient towards a Jason lynch, but it's still part of the whole town case on him. That is the power of the township, discussions in thread lead us to expand and build on top of each other's cases/posts to hopefully catch scum :3

Also it's understandable that you are not as comfortable with my alignment since some of my actions/posts have a scummy interpretation. The game wouldn't be interesting if everyone had a black and white (town/scum) play wouldn't it? :P

For now all I can ask is just keep your eye on me and make your own judgment.

@Jason
You ignored my posts for a while, I questioned you a while back now... >>;;

@Town
I won't have computer access for most of the day so I might not be here if any new development happens. It's a bad time since it's deadline day but I'll try and get to a place with computer access soon. So consider my vote psudo-locked :<
Figures you'd still suspect me because of my play.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by alexhans »

Those in danger of suppression #24:

Idiotking (6)
-
don_johnson, Toro, jasonT1981, Zachrulez, Paradoxombie, DeathRowKitty

toro (2)
-
icemanE, Idiotking

jasonT1981 (4)
-
hiphop, RedCoyote, ryan2754, DTMaster

Not Voting (0)
-

Happiness with Posting Level:
HAPPY

Deadline:
Thursday 27th - 1000 hs (GMT - 3) (~=10 hs from now)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
I'm back...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

we are in need of a hammer.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: is someone can wait until we've all had a chance to post our alignments that would be great.

FoS
to those lurking through deadline.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by don_johnson »

triple: toro - please claim your alignment.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Toro, Iso-14 wrote:I still am a member of the town.
Toro, Iso-22 wrote:I'm not connected as I'm not a mason or member of the mafia for that matter.
I think the first quote should be alright, but Toro, claim your alignment anyway. No need to take chances with this.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Also, jason, had don not told us all to claim our alignments, which sentence would you have tested?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Sorry I just got back home and will commence my reread. Read my last post for the the confirmation that I had limited access.

I normally would hammer but there are some pending questions in the town discussion. I have work tomorrow in the early hours so I cannot stay active to follow through if I wait for more questions.

Don, I'm pointing at you right now since I see you are asking Toro to claim his alignment.

BTW. I am town aligned.

@Town
I'm not familiar though with the lie detector role but I remember I read somewhere that the power becomes useless at a claim. Jason can you verify this? I'll double check the wiki to see if this is true.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by DTMaster »

BTW if Jason's claim is true then:

Toro's ISO 36 can be used:
Toro wrote: And a Toro bandwagon is definitely not going to help this town get anywhere, trust me.
I believe that if Toro is scum then this statement would be read as false and vise versa.

Town thoughts because if you guys agree then I will go forward with the hammer.

Also here is the wiki link to the lie detector. In one form of the role what I stated is true, Jason please verify this if you can now.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Whoever can hammer should just do it.
-George Washington

So it goes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I am town-aligned.

unvote; Vote: Idiotking

Sorry guys, I didn't expect Toro to claim. I will make a better post before the deadline if I can.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by DTMaster »

By request then, though it wasn't don.

Unvote

Vote: Idiot King

Tomorrow will lead us to a good investigation of the day, I hope.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Oh RC beat me to the hammer. >>;;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”