Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

iamausername: 2 (elvis_knits, VP Baltar)
Kmd4390: 2 (roflcopter, Yosarian2)
Yosarian2: 2 (SerialClergyman, Xylthixlm)
charter: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
ekiM: 1 (Ojanen)
SerialClergyman: 1 (zu_Faul)
zu_Faul: 1 (iamausername)

Not Voting: 5 (charter, ekiM, Kmd4390, populartajo, Thesp)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

iamausername wrote:rofl, can I get a list of all large games you have been in where the number of scum was not public knowledge from the beginning?
mafia 93
lynch all lurkers
crackers! mafia
xylbot mafia
mafia 96 which is ongoing but i'm dead
mafia 84
Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:in addition i agree with what yos said, he is town.
Hath thee a read on Yos beyond agreement?
yes. you should not be voting for him.

i more or less agree with elvis' list in post 557. charter should be bumped from neutral to town and zu from neutral to scum though.

serial is chainsawing for kmd hard, and at this point attacking yos is a scumtell. yos feels like an easy target after low level rumblings yesterday about how something was "off" with his play that nobody could seem to quantify. i think there's opportunistic scum trying to take advantage of that, especially the fact that dead-town-claus was one of the most vocal in the "i don't like the way yos feels this game" camp.
serialclergyman wrote:rofl - My vote was on the BAB wagon and I was definitely for it. I'm not going to claim that I was impartial to it but voted him nonetheless. I was there, I wanted it to happen. Now - given almost all your theories were completely wrong, do you think you deserve some scrutiny, or were you happy with how you read yesterday?
this is a sad little deflection from the fact that you plopped your vote down and didn't make a single comment about the late stages of the wagon, content to leave it there and lurk until he was lynched. i was happy with how i read yesterday, and unless you know something i don't i still don't think all my theories were wrong. for instance, kmd-zufaul being scum together. and now i'm willing to bet on you for a third partner.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
roflcopter wrote:in addition i agree with what yos said, he is town.
Hath thee a read on Yos beyond agreement?
yes. you should not be voting for him.
Fine.

unvote
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 am

Post by mith »

Mod Note:
Day 2 scenes are now up for your reading enjoyment (or lack thereof).
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 am

Post by zu_Faul »

elvis_knits wrote:Zu, were you in that game? Have you read it? Why are you dismissing my example out of hand? Wolf made a statement that he knew a person was town while he voted to lynch that same person. Fact is he was scum. How/why would a town person have done that?
The point is, here in this game, KMD's bhaviour can easily explained otherwise.
Scum may completely drop the ball (as it happened in that game as it seems), but don't yell "Slip!!" at every opportunity.
KMD wrote:Zu, what point did Yos make against me that you agree with?
Your persistance in voting e_k for the stuff from yesterday; also you are completely ignoring anything e_k said afterwards.
Serial Clergyman wrote:Runner up prize: zu faul - you finally get into the game by voting me, mentioning it's a pressure vote and saying nothing else about me. I feel more pressure on me to shave my ugly facial hair than I feel from that limpy vote.
8-) I wish I could be as cool as you, SerialClergyman. Could you send me an autograph?
SerialClergyman wrote:At least the others who had voted me had bothered to have a look and see the levels of posting discrepency. (note it's not just mafia 96, I've also been pretty active in Welcome to Foggylondontown, but I've also been very lurky in Webcomic Wars. It's a mix of how late the game has gone on and limited time. Thankfully I'm at night and in a quiet patch in the two most active games so here I am.)
The others were in those games. I believed them. I have no time to check your games. Especially with search down. Who do you think you are?
There was no commenting on your posts, because there were none. If the others commeted on you posting in other games it was totally random who commented on you and who not.

And this is your reason for calling me the second most scummy person? My vote stays. You had a chance to come back in the game and all you produce is some questions and an attack on Yos2.

@iamusername:
First accusing me. Then voting me, without me making a post in the mean time? Why not vote me in the first post? It seems like you only waited for some reassurance (which you got). Seems like a scum move to me.
ekiM wrote:
zu_Faul wrote:
ekiM wrote:363 zu_faul says stalling the game is a bad idea. He also says his usual scum hunting tactic is to slow down the game. The fuck?
Gogogo team misrepresentation.
How?
It is easy. "Stalling" means waiting for a lynch just because deadline has not run out yet. What I do to scum hunt is jsut slowing down the wagon. Those are two strictly different things.a

Scum are SerialClergyman and ekiM. ekiM makes terrible points now to compensate for his lack of making points yesterday. Same with Serial; also the stuff I mentioned above.
There is somethin about Xyl which terribly bugs me, but I can't point a finger to it. Easily listening to rofl jsut now, for example, does not strike me as a pro-town move. But somehow I believe he is actually on our side. Like my head says "scum" and my gut feeling says "town".
I had a pro-town read on iamusername before his voting. Going to overthink this, as it was weird (see above).
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

zu_Faul wrote:There is somethin about Xyl which terribly bugs me, but I can't point a finger to it. Easily listening to rofl jsut now, for example, does not strike me as a pro-town move. But somehow I believe he is actually on our side. Like my head says "scum" and my gut feeling says "town".
I've noticed I have this effect on people.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

zu_Faul wrote:
Serial Clergyman wrote:Runner up prize: zu faul - you finally get into the game by voting me, mentioning it's a pressure vote and saying nothing else about me. I feel more pressure on me to shave my ugly facial hair than I feel from that limpy vote.
8-) I wish I could be as cool as you, SerialClergyman. Could you send me an autograph?
You should have used a sock puppet.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Before I forget, post 579 gives me a mild good feeling about zu_Faul, mainly because he's having a normal town reaction to my playstyle.

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Ojanen »

So, been meaning to answer Mike for a while.

His catch up post (iso 11) feels somehow overly confidently anti-bridges to me. Feels like slinging whatever sticks from other people's arguments, which is accentuated by the fact that I feel like I did catch him with a contradiction in thought process earlier. Mike, you asked for clarification from me, I think elvis already pretty much gave it.
ekiM wrote: I also don't know what your problem with what I said it. I thought Elvis was overblowing what she was saying. I agreed that it was reasonable to question the motivation for B&B devoting so much effort to attacking a line of thought that only harmed him if he was scum. And?
Nope, nope. BaB wasn't somehow devoting himself to a huge effort to attack that line. He was getting attacked for why he mentioned it in the first place, and then he was defending and explaining his thoughts.
Considering your similar minded early spontaneous comment ("Elvis saying scum wouldn't start RVS bandwagons on one another is a bit silly. Describing it as "pushing for their buddies lynch" is sillier.") it's just hard for me to see this suspicion as sincere from you.
Same thing is highlighted also here:
ekiM wrote:
Page 10

B&B 235, 237, 245 are just.... awful. Pretty sure he's scum. Worst thing: trying to discredit the Xyl+B&B not scum together line. What is the townie motivation?
(wild speculation: Claus said earlier he had a timid scum meta from Mike, couldn't help but wonder if the mudsling style was a reaction to that.)

ekiM, was there a specific reason for you to not post reasoning on why you originally voted Bridges?

When he's out of V/LA, the answering of the same questions to different people 50 times seems unnecessary, don't understand the motivation.

I'm not fully caught up and need to answer Yos and inspect several people, but don't have the time right now.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Ojanen »

EBWOP
I wrote:ekiM, was there a specific reason for you to not post reasoning on why you originally voted Bridges?
Realised this is ambiguous, meant to ask if there's a reason you didn't explain it at the time of the vote.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote: c) BAB caught you out in a pretty big fib in his post at 453.
Are you serious here?

I said this:
Yosarian2 wrote:B&B voted me because I think you're not his scumbuddy
B&B claimed that was a lie, but that was bullshit. That was exactally the reason B&B gave when he voted me.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: , B&B is probably scum and, if he is, Xyl is 100% guarenteed to be town;
According to Yos, there's no such thing as bussing. Either he's forgotten all his games of mafia, or he's scum.

I'm pretty confident Yos is scum.

vote:yos
B&B voted me because I didn't think that Xyl could possibly be scum with B&B. That was EXACTALLY WHAT HE SAID HIS REASON WAS WHEN HE VOTED ME.

And then he lied about it later.

I have no freaking idea why he lied later, considering he was town; I don't know, I guess he was just freaking out and trying to save himself? In any case, it was bullshit, and I called him on it.

I can't believe you're just repeating such obviously untrue statements. You think you can just hide behind a dead townie and that'll let you get away with that?
I know you responded to it, but your response looked like overreactive scum.
No, my response was that of a town who was pretty damn sure he had a scum pinned to the wall who was trying to lie his way out of trouble.

So you put it out there that his attack on you is OMGUS, which is a relatively poor suggestion. He has actually given you plenty of reasons - none of which were based on your vote for him.
His reasons were just wrong. I demonstrated that his reasons were wrong, and his response was to change his mind and claim he was voting for me for completely different reasons. So, yes, I'm still pretty damn sure that the real reason he was voting me was just because I was voting him; it was an OMGUS vote. This is especially clear when you note that he had absolutely no suspicion on me until I started attacking him.

OMGUS isn't a perfect scumtell, of course; there are no perfect scumtells. But it's something town should not do, and something scum often have good reason to do. In this case, apparently a town did OMGUS, and that's a shame, because all it did was help get him lynched.
So he replies at 453, quoting where he had given further reasons for his vote:
BNB wrote:I'm voting you because your meta is off, your posts have a sort of unaffected tone that I've encountered when reading your scum games as opposed to the active scumhunter fearsome Yos I've seen.

Also, I think your attack of me is basically opportunistic and if there wasn't a wagon on me you wouldn't be voting me.
and then says
If you just quoted my post, which stated my reasons for voting you, and then say that I'm voting you "because I think you're not his scumbuddy," I have no choice but to believe you are purposely lying and not simply missing my posts.
Then, you replied thusly:
Yoss wrote:So, yes, you were originally voting me because I said that Xyl is town if you're scum.

Afterwords, once I had demonstrated that your wrong and that there was nothing scummy about that, you completely changed your reason; you changed it into basically a bad imitation of Claus' case against me. Basically, it looks like you really want to vote me because I'm voting you, and you'll come up with whatever reason you can to do so, and change your reason when the first one is disproven. What's worse, you seem to refuse to even admit that's what you're doing.

The fact that you're trying to claim "I'm lying" about your reason, when IT WAS THE REASON YOU GAVE WHEN YOU VOTED ME JUST YESTERDAY, has completely convinced me you're cornered scum. You've now gotten to the point where you're actually lying about your own posts in a desperate attempt to make your attackers look bad.
So this doesn't look like someone who is genuinely trying to work out who's scum. Whether BAB used those reasons when he first voted you or not, there's still a genuine question there that you've completely ignored.
There was no "valid suspicion". When the reasons he gave for voting me were proved false, rather then re-considering his vote, he simply changed his argument by repeated other people's "I think Yos's meta is off" crap.
You can make the point that he's added to his original reasons, but you still have to answer them.
No one can ever actually "answer" answer vauge comments about their "meta" or their "tone". If he had been specific with his meta or tone accusations, (..."I think Yos only does X when he's scum"), I'm sure I could have proven him wrong quite easily, but vauge comments like that are useless.
Your last post is overly aggressive and overly sure. You don't acknowledge that your summary of his reasons for voting you didn't include the reaosns he added later even though you were definitely aware of them.
I am always going to be aggressive and confident when nailing someone I'm convinced is scum to the ground; that's just the right way to act.

Anyway, I had already responded to all of his reasons only a few minutes before. I then make a short summery post just to quickly outline why I thought he response was scummy without going into all the details. His response to that was to quote that and claim it was a "lie" when it quite clearly was not, so I nailed him on that too.

And the language isn't right either. This might be more of a gut thing, but you're too derisive. A cornered scum with a desperate attempt to make his attackers look bad? Really?
Yeah, that's usually how a scum acts when he knows he can't defend the scummy actions that have gotten him all the way to lynch -1 or lynch -2. He lashes out, lies, cheats, tries to discredit his attackers, and just generally thrashes around a lot. And yes, that was what B&B's actions there looked like to me.
In addition, I also have a gut townread on kmd and also don't like your characterisation of yesterday's posts. His argument wasn't that scum never claim vanilla, it was primarily a gut read that scum in BAB's position wouldn't claim vanilla.
His argument was that a scum, bandwagoned close to a lynch on day 1 and told to claim, wouldn't claim vanilla, and that just clearly seems completely false to me.
It was a gutsy point that he knew he'd take flak for but made it anyway. I'm not sure how that plays to a scummy agenda, especially given BAB was in fact a townie.
Scum generally don't want lynch a scummy looking vanilla townie that claimed day 1 with no other claims, especally if they're worried about power roles. They want to keep going and get more claims.

Also, if B&B was going to be lynched, scum wouldn't want to be on the wagon when it happened.
In short - I think you were arguing about the theory of whether or not 'someone' who claims vanilla d1 should be lynched, but KMD was saying he thought BAB was town and the vanilla claim in that particular situation was part of the reason why. There's a subtle but significant difference between the points.
That's not really correct.
KMD wrote: but I don't see scum fakeclaiming vanilla near a lynch on Day 1
KMD wrote: Anyway. Until someone gives me a reason why scum would have motivation to claim vanilla here, knowing that vanillas are almost always lynched when they claim at L-1/L-2, and knowing that they won't be countered (or shouldn't be at least), I won't vote Bridge.
His argument was all about what he thought "scum" would or wouldn't do in that situation; it was all about what "someone" in that situation would do, in the abstract sense, and that was how I responded to it. I don't think he ever claimed he had a town gut read on bridges.
How do you feel kmd's play was scummy yesterday given the known status of BAB + the others that died?
So, all a scum has to do is get off of a bad wagon before it gets to a lynch, the way KMD did, and you'll just assume he must be town, huh?

I honestly don't believe that town-KMD would have believed that stuff about how "a scum wouldn't claim vanilla town when bandwagoned day 1" or whatever. He even specifically pointed out a counterexample himself, a time when a vanilla claim prevented someone from being lynched. However, scum-KMD would have had multiple reasons for getting off that wagon at that point.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:I should say that I totally agree with SerialClergyman's post 558 on Yos2.
Uh

What parts of it, exactally?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:I can't believe you're just repeating such obviously untrue statements. You think you can just hide behind a dead townie and that'll let you get away with that?
And you're not voting SerialClergyman, why?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I should say that I totally agree with SerialClergyman's post 558 on Yos2.
Uh

What parts of it, exactally?
The parts that are about Yos2.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I can't believe you're just repeating such obviously untrue statements. You think you can just hide behind a dead townie and that'll let you get away with that?
(shrug) Because I'm voting KMD. Can't lynch two scum in one day.
Xyl wrote: The parts that are about Yos2.
Well, do you agree with the parts that were factually untrue, the parts that were vauge and misleading, or the parts that appear to be a chainsaw defense of KMD?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Why Kmd rather than SerialClergyman?
Yosarian2 wrote:
Well, do you agree with the parts that were factually untrue, the parts that were vauge and misleading, or the parts that appear to be a chainsaw defense of KMD?
All of them, but mostly the vague and misleading ones. :roll:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Why Kmd rather than SerialClergyman?
(shrug) SerialClergyman is about #2 on my list of suspects; his lurking, his behavior yesterday, and his attack on me all seem bad. I'm rather unwilling to unvote KMD at this moment, though, and I actually think that lynching KMD is likely to give information about SerialClergyman and some of the other people who have come out and attacked me in direct response to my KMD vote.
Yosarian2 wrote:
All of them, but mostly the vague and misleading ones. :roll:
Lol.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Little time, but some things of note:

1) Since you find OMGUS such a worrying sign, it's worth mentioning I've skyrocketed to 2nd on your scumlist directly after posting a case against you, when previous to that I don't think you mentioned me once. Of the three reasons you give,
a) You never mention my lurking all through yesterday or early today or when other people were mentioning it,
b) Never mention my behaviour yesterday (by which I assume you mean my lurking) all through yesterday or early today or when other people were mentioning it and
c) My attack on you - well, hello OMGUS.

2) BAB originally used the point about Xyl to vote you. Then raised a number of other points, that you noticed because you quoted them after. Then you failed to mention those points completely and mischaracterised BAB's position as only being about the initial reason.

Regardless of your theory that BAB added to his reasoning because you argued his first point too well, or it was some kind of OMGUS attack, your mischaracterisation of his position and failure to mention the additional points is scummy.

3) Well, I certainly had the impression it was more to do with this particular scenario and actually KMD did relate his point specifically to Bridges. But your quotes make it clear you are pushing a case rather than trying to find out the truth. (hence why you didn't include the 'I'm probably going to take flak for this' in his unvote, which I saw as particularly townie) An example, when asked if he thought scum couldn't claim vanilla -
kmd in 304 wrote:And I didn't say they can't. I just don't see Bridge doing it. He'd be more likely to claim a power role as scum instead of laying down and taking a lynch. That's unless he's being bussed hard, and is ok with being lynched, but I still think he'd fight it and try to get a mislynch for today.
4) Any reason why you felt that BAB would OMGUS you specifically out of the entire rest of the wagon?

5) I particularly like this from rofl:
rofl wrote:serial is chainsawing for kmd hard, and at this point attacking yos is a scumtell.
Unless you've got some knowledge about Yos2 that I don't have, looks like you're doing exactly the same thing.

Besides, a chainsaw defence is supposed to be a subtle way of defending someone without being linked to them - relatively unusual that I would do that while specifically mentioning my town read of kmd.

More news as events warrant.
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Little time, but some things of note:

1) Since you find OMGUS such a worrying sign, it's worth mentioning I've skyrocketed to 2nd on your scumlist directly after posting a case against you, when previous to that I don't think you mentioned me once.
I didn't mention what I thought about you until Xyl specifically asked me why I wasn't voting you. That hardly means I didn't think you were scummy, it just means I was pursuing other issues.

Your lurking is a scumtell. The fact that you're now attacking me for voting B&B, while yesterday you said nothing against my attack on B&B at all, and in fact kept your vote on the B&B wagon the entire time, is a much bigger one.

If you had a problem with my attack on B&B, the pro-town time to say that would have been BEFORE WE LYNCHED HIM. The fact that you happily lurked though the whole wagon while keeping your vote on B&B, and yet are attacking me because I attacked B&B later in the day yesterday (for better reasons then you ever had for voting him, in fact), is incredibly scummy on your part.
2) BAB originally used the point about Xyl to vote you. Then raised a number of other points, that you noticed because you quoted them after. Then you failed to mention those points completely and mischaracterised BAB's position as only being about the initial reason.
Again, that's just 100% false. Name one single point that B&B ever made that I didn't respond to. There are none.

Now, AFTER RESPONDING TO ALL OF HIS POINTS and demonstrating that most of them were just completely inaccurate, I made a short, 3 line post, quickly summerising his actions as I saw them, because I thought he was scummy as hell. I mean, I started out that post by saying it was just a "TL; DR" post, in response to Xyl's comment that he hadn't read everything yet. It pretty obviously wasn't intended to be a complete and detailed description of everything that B&B and I said during the entire back-and-fourth there.

The TL;DR post just said that B&B voted me for a bad reason, I proved his reason wrong, and then after that he "continued to act like scum in a corner" while not actually responding at all to the reason I was voting for him. And I stand by that; every word of that post is 100% true, and if you've read the thread you know that.
...your mischaracterisation of his position
Oh, so mischaracterisation of someone's position is scummy, huh? Then why are you trying so hard to do just that right now?

. But your quotes make it clear you are pushing a case rather than trying to find out the truth. (hence why you didn't include the 'I'm probably going to take flak for this' in his unvote, which I saw as particularly townie)
I didn't include that, because it's completely irrelevant to the point that I was making, which was just that he was talking about scum in general. And you know that.

To use your own words, it's becoming more and more clear that you, in fact, are just trying to push a case and have no interest in the truth.

An example, when asked if he thought scum couldn't claim vanilla -
kmd in 304 wrote:And I didn't say they can't. I just don't see Bridge doing it. He'd be more likely to claim a power role as scum instead of laying down and taking a lynch. That's unless he's being bussed hard, and is ok with being lynched, but I still think he'd fight it and try to get a mislynch for today.
Yeah, I still think he's talking about scum in general there; he used bridges name, but I don't think any of that has anything to do with bridges personally, it's all just talking about the position he was in.

4) Any reason why you felt that BAB would OMGUS you specifically out of the entire rest of the wagon?
Did you see B&B's scum list? Everyone he listed as scummy were people attacking him, and everyone he listed as townie were people defending him, and the list otherwise made no sense at all. Basically every suspicion B&B had at that point was pure OMGUS, not just his attack on me.
5) I particularly like this from rofl:
rofl wrote:serial is chainsawing for kmd hard, and at this point attacking yos is a scumtell.
Unless you've got some knowledge about Yos2 that I don't have, looks like you're doing exactly the same thing.
So, what, you're rolefishing now?
FOS: SerialClergyman

Besides, a chainsaw defence is supposed to be a subtle way of defending someone without being linked to them - relatively unusual that I would do that while specifically mentioning my town read of kmd.
Oh, it might not be a chainsaw defense. It might just be that you realized you were going to get lynched if you kept lurking and didn't fake a suspicion on someone, so you looked around and decided I was an easy target. I'm not really sure what your motive is, but I doubt it's pro-town scumhunting at this point.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by populartajo »

Catching up d2.

Kmd starts the day with an elvis vote. Yos asks. Kmd answers:
kmd wrote:Mostly the reaction to my initial vote.
Kay, so are we talking about semirandom stage or something else?
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lets lynch charter, but not tell him why.
vote charter
you should cuz charter is prob town.

agree with the serial pressure, I have no idea what does he think about the game.

serial 512 is a big indicator of lurking. as soon as the wagon starts he posts in thread.

kmd-elvis round 2 courtesy of Yos. Elvis reaction in 521 is basically what I think about this.
elvis wrote:Dammit Yos, you are drawing me back in! I was trying to forget this!
Yos votes kmd. The problem here is why did you wait until day 2 to vote for someone with the same information that was available day 1?

Ojanen 524 is a very good analysis of Yos. Ojanen, what makes you think Kmd and Elvis are town?
Yos wrote:The thing is, there is absolutly no reason a pro-town person should ever leave a wagon in response to a vanillia claim, especally on day 1. So, yeah, I think it's a scum tell; it's a move scum have reason to do, and vanilla town don't.
I tend to agree with you here. Also wtf vanilla town?
Yos wrote:In other words, just like I said yesterday, by not stepping in and responding to Elvis' initial post on page 4, and instad hearing KMD's defense and all that, I was able to figure out that KMD is probably scum and Elvis is probably town. Which is what I've been saying all along. How the hell could you call that a "contradiction" of what I was saying yesterday? That is EXACTALLY what I was saying yesterday, especally later in the day.
Tbh, I dont remember a solid opinion from you in the elvis-kmd thing. It just feels like you were saving your opinion for today or at least you are reinforcing it. Could you point me where you were saying exactly that?

rolf 528. Good news, rabbit is probtown.

kmd 553 includes meh answers to yos, bs slip debate and an unvote for elvis. What was the point of voting her then?
Kmd4390 wrote:I don't OMGUS as scum. I tell people they are town for pursuing a case they believe. And my reason for suspecting you is more the gut feeling that you aren't playing to your meta.
Kmd, what games are you using as meta information?

Xyl 549 is kinda odd, kinda aggressive, off. Dont know why yet.

Serial 558 is gutsy yos hate. Overall the post feels sincere but Id like more reasoning than gut in your reads, serial. In few words, why do you think yos is scum, why do you think kmd is town?

Serial-yos battle walloposting the thread. Tl dr.

This caught my attention:
serial wrote:serial is chainsawing for kmd hard, and at this point attacking yos is a scumtell.
So what is the point/motivation of this question, serial?

Conclusion with scumlist ftw tomorrow.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 pm

1) I'm not sure I see how what you wrote in 1) actually answers the charge against you. You may well have considered me no. 2 on your scumlist before Xyl asked you and never thought to mention it once, but I don't believe that. It seems very likely to me that my position in your suspicions has a big part to do with my post against you.

And in case it wasn't clear the first time around, I made my case against you after a re-read now that I have some time to commit to the game. From what I followed on D1 I was happy with the BAB lynch. Now I'm looking back in retrospect with a detailed re-read and I noticed the exchange in question. That's my reason for not talking about your scummy behaviour prior to my bringing it up. What's your reason for not talking about mine until I made a post against you?

Do you usually say that lurking is a scumtell?

2) So your reason for not mentioning the new points is that it was a tl:dr summary.

Why didn't you ever just say that? Even when BAB accused you of misrepping him, I seem to remember you railed on about him being a liar and someone desperately omgusing you. Why not just say 'Well, that was just a summary, I didn't include every reason you've ever had for suspecting me.'?

I'm not trying to mischaracterise your position, it just keeps changing.
'I didn't include it because it was just a 3-line post'
is different to
'That wasn't your reason, look at your post voting me'.

3)
Yeah, I still think he's talking about scum in general there; he used bridges name, but I don't think any of that has anything to do with bridges personally, it's all just talking about the position he was in.
Well, would have been good of you to at least include it or make a reference to it in your posts earlier. It mentions Bridge's name twice and specifically talks about his scenario.
KMD wrote:And I didn't say they can't. I just don't see Bridge doing it.
Besides - it also specifically notes that it's not that scum CAN'T fake vanilla, but that he felt bridges WASN'T. That cannot be interpreted as a general case - that's him saying the general is possible but in this specific case he feels that bridges isn't.

4) Fair enough, if your point is Bridges only attacked and defended those on or against his side I'll conceede that.

5) Nope, not rolefishing, stating the obvious. rofl made an illogicial and hypocritical point about chainsawing. If his point is that I am chainsawing because I'm defending KMD by attacking Yos2 and he makes that WHILE defending Yos2 by attacking me, he's got some explaining to do to show the difference.

I also found your FoS cute. :D. Because being 2nd on your scumlist doesn't mean your suspicion is on me? That sort of stuff always screams of Perry Mason theatrics to me.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Tajo - I don't see scum motivation for what KMD did. Earnt more suspicion for getting off a townie wagon (and he knew what he was in for), when just riding it to lynch he'd fade into the rest of the wagon who were doing the same thing. It was an odd decision, but real gut decisions often are.

Yos2 is over the top. Aggression overload, posting overload. No time to think, just time to argue. No concessions, no doubt, just a clusterfuck of semi-tells and rhetoric. I don't believe he's thinking about his position, just latching on to whatever he knows appears scummy and running with it.
So what is the point/motivation of this question, serial?
My suspicion is confirmation bias, rofl running with the theory of kmd being scum sees a chainsaw, without realising that when you take away his theory his point is clearly a carbon copy replica of the behaviour he is attacking.
I'm old now.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

populartajo wrote:rolf 528. Good news, rabbit is probtown.
me, rabbit, and elvis. We're actually unconfirmed in-thread daymasons.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ok

unvote, vote: serialclergyman
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SerialClergyman wrote:And in case it wasn't clear the first time around, I made my case against you after a re-read now that I have some time to commit to the game. From what I followed on D1 I was happy with the BAB lynch. Now I'm looking back in retrospect with a detailed re-read and I noticed the exchange in question. That's my reason for not talking about your scummy behaviour prior to my bringing it up. What's your reason for not talking about mine until I made a post against you?
Your attack against me was scummy. It's scummy as hell to be in favor of a bandwagon on day 1, then on day 2 to attack me for that same bandwagon. And your constant misrepresentation were scummy as well.

Do you usually say that lurking is a scumtell?[/quote]

Heh. I always say that lurking is a scumtell. It's one of the best scumtells there is. If you doubt that, look at any mafia discussion thread about lurking made in, oh, the last 5 years or so.

2) So your reason for not mentioning the new points is that it was a tl:dr summary.

Why didn't you ever just say that? Even when BAB accused you of misrepping him, I seem to remember you railed on about him being a liar and someone desperately omgusing you. Why not just say 'Well, that was just a summary, I didn't include every reason you've ever had for suspecting me.'?
This was the situtation. I'm voting B&B. B&B's response was:

B&B: Vote Yos for X.
Yos: X is just completly false, because (explination here)
B&B: Well, then, vote Yos for Y and Z
Yos: Y and Z are also false because...
Yos: Anyway, B&B voted me for X, I proved X wrong. He still hasn't answered the points I raised against him. He's probably scum.
B&B: THAT'S A LIE! I DIDN'T VOTE YOU FOR X!

Now, the most relevent thing about B&B's last statment there, in my opinion, was that it was just completly untrue. He tried to accuse me of "lying" (lying being a very highly charged word here, since as well all know it's common practice to "lynch all liars") in a situation where that simply wasn't true, at all, and where I'm sure he knew that based on his own posts. So that was the thing I focused on; he was desperatly trying to attack me, desperatly trying to make me look bad, and he was doing it using something that is simply untrue.

But, ok, I guess he panicked because he was at lynch -2. It happens. What I don't get is why you were doing the same thing. You came in here and started repeating the same lie, that my statement "B&B voted me for X" was a "fib", and that's competly not true. What's your excuse?

So, yes, when you start lying about facts in the thread in order to try to find an excuse to attack me, you're going to move up my suspicion list. And when I point out that your facts are just completly wrong there, and you try to turn around and find another reasn to attack me, it just makes it worse.
I'm not trying to mischaracterise your position, it just keeps changing.
'I didn't include it because it was just a 3-line post'
is different to
'That wasn't your reason, look at your post voting me'.
Your initial claim was that "Yos fibbed about B&B's reason for voting him". That was just false, so I disproved that by pointing out B&B's reason for voting me.

Then you changed your claim to "Well, the real thing Yos did wrong was to not list all of B&B's reasons for attacking him in that one post", so I pointed out that I had in other posts, just not in that 3 line TLDR post.

Now you're trying to attack me on the grounds that "my position keeps changing"? You keep trying to come up with new BS to attack me with, so obviously I'm going to respond to it differently. What I don't get is why you didn't notice all the obvious facts I've said here in the first place; I already proved yesterday that my initial statement was true, you even quoted the post; and it should have been obvious my post was a TR;DR post, since I said so right in there.

This is why it looks like you're just trying to invent reasons to attack me. Esepcally since, whenever I prove you wrong, you then invent some other BS reason to attack me. Like this:
5) Nope, not rolefishing, stating the obvious.
Eh, it looked to me like you're trying to figure out if rofl has role based information proving I'm innocent or not. There's no way a town person should be trying to uncover that today.
I also found your FoS cute. :D. Because being 2nd on your scumlist doesn't mean your suspicion is on me? That sort of stuff always screams of Perry Mason theatrics to me.
Of course I was already suspicious of you. A FOS is generally something I use to point out a specific, scummy act that I want to draw attention to.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”