Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ojanen wrote:I feel like Yos is putting gasoline to a town-town fight and I don't like it.
ESPECIALLY because he didn't want to comment on Kmd vs. Elvis at the time it originally happened.
I did make clear yesterday that I suspected KMD, you know. I also made clear yesterday my opinion that KMD's response to Elvis's attack was quite odd, to say the least.

Anyway, the biggest thing right now is KMD's vote for elvis today. There's no way that makes sense at this point if KMD is town; it seems entierly based on a "Elvis attacked me yesterday so I'm going to vote her" attitude that's just inherently scummy.

Also, I do not think Kmd dropping Bridges for vanilla claim was a scumtell. I see little realistic scum benefit (the wagon wasn't gonna lose it bloodlust for that anyway, prospect of getting someone else to claim was unrealistic I think) and the obscurish wifom seemed townish.
Bandwagoning someone to a claim, and then trying to drop the wagon and bandwagon someone else once they claim vanilla, is a scum tell, especally on day 1. Those kind of tactics, repeated bandwagon-to-a-claim stuff, are just the easiest way for a scum to flush out town power roles.

ALso, I find it kind of funny that you're assuming the B&B wagon was going to go at that through no matter what, when just yesterday I was being attacked for "joining the B&B wagon when it was starting to lose steam", heh.

In any case, if KMD is scum, that kind of thing is a win/win for him; either he gets to bandwagon someone else to a claim, or else if the lynch does happen anyway he gets to wash his hands of the whole thing by bailing out on the wagon, thus making himself look better when people do voting analysis later in the game. The thing is, there is absolutly no reason a pro-town person should ever leave a wagon in response to a vanillia claim, especally on day 1. So, yeah, I think it's a scum tell; it's a move scum have reason to do, and vanilla town don't.
Remember this?
Yos wrote:
elvis wrote:Yos, why were you purposely not commenting on me/kmd?
I didn't think your attack on him was especally convincing (I mentioned that breiefly, I believe), but I don't have enough a read on him to defend him at this point, and letting the wagon happen would probably provide more information. About the only valid point made is that the way he defended himself against your accusation was a little odd; he went into a whole long thing about why one would assume there are X scum in the game, which was strange since he really didn't seem to be assuming that in the first place.

That being said, I'm also not too impressed by the attack against you; B&B isn't entierly incorrect that it seems like you overstreached a bit in your attack against KMD, but not to a great degree; you seem a little iffy in some ways, but I don't really think the attack-against-you-for-attacking-KMD really makes sense either.

Anyway, I think we've got a heck of a lot more information then we would have if I had just stepped in right away and said "No, Elvis, you're misinterpreting KMD here". It was much more informative for me to sit back and wait, and see how he defended himself instead, and to see who took sides for him and against him.
Yos wrote:(shurg) I was contributing, I thought. I just wasn't talking about the Elvis/KMD/B&B three-way fight much, because I didn't really agree with any of those arguments, but at the same time didn't want to defend any of the three of them.
It doesn't outright contradict his current stance although it's MUCH, much more severe, but Kmd has been consistent with his elvis vote (I don't agree with either but that's not the point here), and now Yos decides to go after him for no apparent new impulse in his behaviour.
It smells of deciding his stance on earlier happenings much afterwards, which town shouldn't need to do.
Ojanen, you seem to be missing the key point here, and what's more disturbing, you seem to be doing so by not quoting the most relevent parts of what I said yesterday.

Do you remember this?
Yosarian2 wrote:
If it's early in day 1, and I have no information, then when player X attacks player Y, and I don't have a read on either of them yet, it's often better to let player Y defend himself and see what happens. Town often gets a lot more information by letting player Y answer his own questions and defend his own actions, rather then someone else doing it for him.

In this case, when KMD answered Elvis's questions, the answers were quite interesting, don't you think? Not at all what I would have expected. And so was the back and fourth that followed, and the people that followed onto the Elvis wagon, and B&B's reaction to Elvis especally.

That series of events let me get a pretty good read on KMD, on Elvis, and on bridges, I think, as well as starting to give me an idea about who might be connected to who. If I had stepped in and just said "Elvis, I think you misunderstood what KMD said there" we would have got absolutely nothing from the whole exchange.
I thought I made pretty clear that, by letting KMD answer the questions himself, we got to hear his defense, which was odd, and not at all what I would expected, and that, from that, I was able to get a read on both KMD and Elvis.

In other words, just like I said yesterday, by not stepping in and responding to Elvis' initial post on page 4, and instad hearing KMD's defense and all that, I was able to figure out that KMD is probably scum and Elvis is probably town. Which is what I've been saying all along. How the hell could you call that a "contradiction" of what I was saying yesterday? That is EXACTALLY what I was saying yesterday, especally later in the day.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:38 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

SerialClergyman: 2 (iamausername, VP Baltar)
charter: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
elvis_knits: 1 (Kmd4390)
iamausername: 1 (elvis_knits)
Kmd4390: 1 (Yosarian2)

Not Voting: 9 (charter, ekiM, Ojanen, populartajo, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Xylthixlm, zu_Faul)
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Ojanen wrote:I feel like Yos is putting gasoline to a town-town fight and I don't like it.
ESPECIALLY because he didn't want to comment on Kmd vs. Elvis at the time it originally happened.
I did make clear yesterday that I suspected KMD, you know. I also made clear yesterday my opinion that KMD's response to Elvis's attack was quite odd, to say the least.
Originally you said about the response
Yos iso 18 wrote:About the only valid point made is that the way he defended himself against your accusation was a little odd.
Yeah, you said it was a little odd (but your position has become a lot, lot more severe).
Yos wrote:Anyway, the biggest thing right now is KMD's vote for elvis today. There's no way that makes sense at this point if KMD is town; it seems entierly based on a "Elvis attacked me yesterday so I'm going to vote her" attitude that's just inherently scummy.
Yeah, that was part of what I was puzzled about, because Kmd reverted back to elvis yesterday for the rest of the day after he dropped his BaB vote, so this didn't seem like new information to me.
Yos wrote:Bandwagoning someone to a claim, and then trying to drop the wagon and bandwagon someone else once they claim vanilla, is a scum tell, especally on day 1. Those kind of tactics, repeated bandwagon-to-a-claim stuff, are just the easiest way for a scum to flush out town power roles.
Yeah, yeah. Don't see this in context of this game. I agree when there are several big wagons but not here with loads of people wanting to lynch BaB and Kmd reverting back to not-very-generally-supported Elvis wagon (from 9-3 to 8-4). I think this line of discussion will revert fast to useless though, seems a difference on how we read people in the game. Yours is probably generally theoretically sound but in this case, I'm just not seeing it.
Yos wrote:ALso, I find it kind of funny that you're assuming the B&B wagon was going to go at that through no matter what, when just yesterday I was being attacked for "joining the B&B wagon when it was starting to lose steam", heh.
Don't really remember that. I was V/LA for a bit and to me it always seemed I was in a rush to get to play before the day ends because the BaB wagon was rolling on. At the time of the claim I thought there was a lot of momentum anyway, and that's what relevant.
Yos wrote:I thought I made pretty clear that, by letting KMD answer the questions himself, we got to hear his defense, which was odd, and not at all what I would expected, and that, from that, I was able to get a read on both KMD and Elvis.

In other words, just like I said yesterday, by not stepping in and responding to Elvis' initial post on page 4, and instad hearing KMD's defense and all that, I was able to figure out that KMD is probably scum and Elvis is probably town. Which is what I've been saying all along. How the hell could you call that a "contradiction" of what I was saying yesterday? That is EXACTALLY what I was saying yesterday, especally later in the day.
So, first of all, I specifically said you have not outright contradicted yourself, misrep there.
Second, the parts I quoted were your original stance on the thing when asked. You found Kmd scummy later in the day. This seemed to happen because of dropping off BaB wagon (iso 26), connection to BaB (iso 27), iso 33 Kmd fairly likely scum seemingly because of these BaB-related happenings
Yos wrote:
At the time, I thought that both the KMD wagon and the Elvis counterwagon were basically based on nothing
; if it came to a deadline, the only large bandwagon I was at all interested in at the time was Xyl.
This has changed, by the way; I thought it was clear where I currently stand, but in case it isn't, B&B is probably scum and, if he is, Xyl is 100% guarenteed to be town;
KMD is fairly likely to be scum
, and I think Elvis is probably town; and shabba still hasn't said anything relevent.
and then 34 and 36 you seem to have changed into thinking Kmd's responses were scummy after all, which I had earlier missed.
I was not saying you didn't find Kmd scummy, but it felt to me you were rehashing the old early arguments and changing your position to quite much more severe.
Sorry for the wall. I will try to be more concise in future, now too in hurry to be able to write directly on point.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by roflcopter »

username wrote:rofl, can I get a list of all large games you have been in where the number of scum was not public knowledge from the beginning?
wow, what an annoyingly time intensive request. i'll have to get back to it when i'm on my own computer tomorrow, i don't have the patience to learn how to use a mac right now

vote: kmd

unvoting the guy who was scummy enough for him to vote for in the first place based on a vanilla claim is, itself, enough for me to want him lynched. the fact that he switched off bridges back to obvtown elvis, and is now continuing to push an elvis lynch, is just gravy. in addition i agree with what yos said, he is town.

in addition to the above two obvtowns (elvis, yos) we have charter and thesp who are very clearly town.

pooky, i like your style, but you need a better target. for example, kmd.

other scummy characters include zu faul, iamausername and serialclergyman. i was perturbed by clergy's high activity level in mafia 96 throughout the crucial end stages of the bridges lynch while he said nary a word here.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I don't have time to figure out what's going on here right now

vote: SerialClergyman
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Ojanen »

I'm going for Mike for now.

vote: ekiM

I agree Serial needs to get his ass here.
I like playing with you man, come on!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ojanen: The reason I was "rehashing the early arguments" wasn't because I think that's the strongest point against KMD, or anything like that. The only reason I got into that was because KMD's only defense for his vote on Elvis was her "reaction to his vote on her", so I went back, re-read that interaction again, and then pointed out that there was nothing wrong with Elvis's reactions there at all, and that her actions, and her vote, made complete sense at the time.

Why is it that you attacking me for "rehashing early arguments", but you're apparently ok with KMD using those same early arguments as a reason to vote Elvis now, even though you claim to agree with me in thinking Elvis is town? Was I just supposed to accept that as a justification for his vote, when I don't think there was anything wrong with Elvis's actions there?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

why were you disturbed by that rofl? is endgame and day 1 quite similar in terms of play in your experience?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yosarian2 wrote: (shrug) People told her you were kidding, and she basically blinked and said "What? Really?" and then stopped attacking you on that issue. Not sure how that's supposed to be a scum move.
Fair enough.
Unvote
. Not that I was joking or anything.
Yosarian2 wrote: And based on your reaction, I strongly suspect that you're mostly just not fine with someone pushing "a slip" hard against you.
See Family Guy where Charter insisted that Wolf had slipped. I called it BS all game. Charter and Wolf were both scum. Kinda funny looking back. But you can pull my reaction from that game if you'd like.
Yosarian2 wrote: Anyway, the biggest thing right now is KMD's vote for elvis today. There's no way that makes sense at this point if KMD is town; it seems entierly based on a "Elvis attacked me yesterday so I'm going to vote her" attitude that's just inherently scummy.
Now it's OMGUS? Didn't I vote her first? :lol:

--------------

V/LA for two weeks. I'll check in on Thursday.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Thesp »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lets lynch charter, but not tell him why.

vote charter
This made me LOL. =P

I came in wanting to vote for VP Baltar, but I agree with his push on SerialClergyman.
VP Baltar wrote:
iam wrote:Why do you think I supported the claim, if that had nothing to do with my vote?
It's rather arbitrary to say you support the claim of someone who is at L-2. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen.
I disagree with this.
I agree with this - I'm not feeling elvis_knits or Kmd3490 as scum.

roflcopter, voting for Kmd3490? Really?

I like pressure on ekiM.
iamausername wrote:I need to reread, but this seems like a good place to park my vote in the mean time.

Vote: SerialClergyman
I don't like the built-in out here.

There are too many people I'd be happy voting for - I'm going to be unproductive and vote none of them right now. I'll fix that soon.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why were you disturbed by that rofl? is endgame and day 1 quite similar in terms of play in your experience?
what? no? i was disturbed by the fact that while bridges was in the process of slowly being lynched, something that took a few days to get from claim to execution, serial didn't post once in this thread but posted up a storm in mafia 96. by not posting he didn't have to be for or against the lynch, which is a very comfortable position to be in for scum.
thesp wrote:roflcopter, voting for Kmd3490? Really?
really. you should be too. or build a better
mousetrap
bandwagon. i feel the lurkerwagon on serial doesn't need me, and kmd's wagon does.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Thesp wrote:I disagree with this.
Based on what? It's especially true of the BaB wagon yesterday given the number of people not voting, but saying they would be willing to support.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote: See Family Guy where Charter insisted that Wolf had slipped. I called it BS all game. Charter and Wolf were both scum. Kinda funny looking back. But you can pull my reaction from that game if you'd like.
OMG I forgot that one -- I was in that game too. Charter and wolf were both scum, but that only means wolf DID MAKE A SLIP. So you remember that one, kmd, so you know it is possible for scum to make slips. Doesn't that make you rethink your position about slips being BS?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 am

Post by populartajo »

Work. Busy. Shit. V/LA. Tomorrow night.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19 am

Post by zu_Faul »

elvis_knits wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: See Family Guy where Charter insisted that Wolf had slipped. I called it BS all game. Charter and Wolf were both scum. Kinda funny looking back. But you can pull my reaction from that game if you'd like.
OMG I forgot that one -- I was in that game too. Charter and wolf were both scum, but that only means wolf DID MAKE A SLIP. So you remember that one, kmd, so you know it is possible for scum to make slips. Doesn't that make you rethink your position about slips being BS?
*sigh*

If people get accused for slips all of the time, it is only natural that some of them turn out scum. They even could have made the same "slip" if they were town. This proves nothing.
On the other hand, Yos2's point againt kmd is actually good.

But
Vote: SerialClergyman
for now. He needs some pressure on him. ekiM needs to post as well as him.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Zu, were you in that game? Have you read it? Why are you dismissing my example out of hand? Wolf made a statement that he knew a person was town while he voted to lynch that same person. Fact is he was scum. How/why would a town person have done that?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 am

Post by ekiM »

zu_Faul wrote:
ekiM wrote:363 zu_faul says stalling the game is a bad idea. He also says his usual scum hunting tactic is to slow down the game. The fuck?
Gogogo team misrepresentation.
How?
Xylthixlm wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Xyl wrote:I assumed Kmd was being a sarcastic prick. Which is weird because I'm usually quite skeptical of 'jokes' (see: ekiM). Hmm.
Do you think I intended my comment on the lurkers to be taken in earnest?
Yes.
So you think I'm a dolt? You've never played with me before...
As I said, I am usually quite skeptical of 'jokes'.
Jokes like "my cat made me do it"? Or?
VP Baltar wrote:Frankly, yes I did. I saw very little to indicate that you were being sarcastic or something like that.
"Deeply concerned" is pretty obviously sarcasm. I don't understand how I could be earnestly putting forward the claim that there's likely some scum in a group of 5.
VP Baltar wrote:While ekiM continues to underwhelm me (his 'Do you think I was serious? x 50' post made me want to gouge my eyes out)
People asked me the same things again and again. I didn't want to ignore them, so the answers were repetitive.
Ojanen wrote:I wanna reread some when I have time later today (several of my tentative scumreads just flipped town), but I note one thing that feels insincere to me.

I asked ekiM yesterday whether he thought the thing about BaB saying he didn't like the reasoning behind Elvis' thought process about BaB+Xyl being mafia together was scummy.

(I referred to roflcopter 298 in the question.

The response I got was
ekiM wrote:It was said that Xyl + B&B scum together is unlikely. Scum-B&B has much more motivation to undermine this than town-B&B does, so I do think it's a scumtell, yes.
Why he was among the people I asked it from?

His own opinion at the time was:
ekiM wrote:Elvis saying scum wouldn't start RVS bandwagons on one another is a bit silly. Describing it as "pushing for their buddies lynch" is sillier.
Agreeing with BaB that Elvis' idea was silly, but later not batting an eyelash in finding that agreed thought a scumtell feels scummy to me.

I know the difference is in who has what motivation to say it, but the thought process still just feels alien to honest scumhunting.
I don't know what "in finding that agreed thought a scumtell" means. Clarify?

I also don't know what your problem with what I said it. I thought Elvis was overblowing what she was saying. I agreed that it was reasonable to question the motivation for B&B devoting so much effort to attacking a line of thought that only harmed him if he was scum. And?
SerialClergyman wrote:Y'ello.

My apologies for my lack of input into the game. You'll notice that of my 4 active games, 2 are getting a lot of attention and 2 aren't. That's a direct result of how late the game has gone on - I naturally post more towards the end of a game than in the early stages and it's just been massively exacerbated by an extremely important RL issue
You've said nothing at all here on Day 1, though... that's more than just "less attention", that's active neglect.
Elvis wrote:This is a good point... ekiM's answers don't match up here.
How so?
Yosarian2 wrote:Also, I would agree that eikM looks pretty scummy at the moment. I thought he was scummy yesterday, and Ojanen's argument is good as well; I'd definatly like to hear a response from him ASAP.
How is it good?

I'm not being facetious here, I don't actually understand what point he is making. Why is it insincere to agree an argument isn't very strong but still be skeptical of the motivation of someone trying to undermine it?

You said "...why are you trying to argue agains the "bridges and xyl probably aren't scum together" argument here? I don't understand what you'e trying to accomplish, bridges.". I agree with that. I also don't think what Elvis said was particularly strong.
VP Baltar wrote:ekiM, what are your feelings on who the scum are today given that most of your scumhunting yesterday centered around who was trying to "deflect the B&B wagon"?
Good question. With 5 flips I think I need a full re-read which might take a while. I've answered questions directed at me, so comments, analysis, and vote --> later.

It would be nice if the memory thing didn't keep stopping me view pages.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

So...you apparently think that the entire idea of a scum slip is just false, that it never happens, and that it's so clearly false that anyone who accuses anyone else of a scum slip must be lying scum? I don't fully understand what you're trying to say here.
Yosarian2 wrote: Anyway, the biggest thing right now is KMD's vote for elvis today. There's no way that makes sense at this point if KMD is town; it seems entierly based on a "Elvis attacked me yesterday so I'm going to vote her" attitude that's just inherently scummy.
Now it's OMGUS? Didn't I vote her first? :lol:
Yeah...but the reason you voted her today seems to be that she attacked you harder then you think she should have, which basically sounds like OMGUS to me.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ekiM wrote:
Elvis wrote:This is a good point... ekiM's answers don't match up here.
How so?
ekiM wrote:Elvis saying scum wouldn't start RVS bandwagons on one another is a bit silly. Describing it as "pushing for their buddies lynch" is sillier.
ekiM wrote:It was said that Xyl + B&B scum together is unlikely. Scum-B&B has much more motivation to undermine this than town-B&B does, so I do think it's a scumtell, yes.
First quote you say my idea is silly (my idea that Xyl and BaB can't be scum together). This is similar to how BaB felt about my idea.

Second quote you say that BaB's dislike of my statement is a scumtell. Which seems strange since you had already agreed with BaB and called my idea silly.

I would expect that if you thought my idea was silly, you wouldn't see BaB's disagreement with me as a scum tell. You would see BaB's disagreement with me as prefectly natural, since it is similar to how you think.

See, first you said my idea was silly, and then when BaB disagreed with my idea you used it as a reason to vote him. It seems like a contradiction.

ekiM -- Who do you think is scum? I have no idea who you are suspicious of.
Talk nerdy to me.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So I got quick laptop access. Here's a post.
elvis_knits wrote:
I still call that BS. Charter called out a slip KNOWING that it came from scum. It's not legit.

Zu, what point did Yos make against me that you agree with?

Yos, yeah, I pretty much always disagree with slips. And I am usually skeptical of them being called on because they give an excuse to not do much else (again, see Charter in Family Guy), but EK has done more, hence the unvote.

And no, my reason for voting was because she was my top suspect yesterday.

Top suspects:
ekiM
Yos
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by charter »

I'm working on a reread of day one, just don't want a prod.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Yos, yeah, I pretty much always disagree with slips. And I am usually skeptical of them being called on because they give an excuse to not do much else (again, see Charter in Family Guy), but EK has done more, hence the unvote.

And no, my reason for voting was because she was my top suspect yesterday.
"I voted her today because I suspected her yesterday" is not a reason.

The reason you gave, when I asked you, was this:

Kmd4390 wrote:Yos, she seemed to be trying to push the "slip" too hard and has backed off now that people aren't following it.
So, yeah, I do think you voted her because she was pushing against you hard on a slip.
Top suspects:
ekiM
Yos
So, when I call you out on your scummy, OMGUS attack of Elvis, you drop it, and instead...OMGUS attack me?

You're so scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't OMGUS as scum. I tell people they are town for pursuing a case they believe. And my reason for suspecting you is more the gut feeling that you aren't playing to your meta.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

solid logic there
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, the biggest thing right now is KMD's vote for elvis today. There's no way that makes sense at this point if KMD is town; it seems entierly based on a "Elvis attacked me yesterday so I'm going to vote her" attitude that's just inherently scummy.
I fail to see the impossibility of KMD being town motivated.
Yosarian2 wrote:Bandwagoning someone to a claim, and then trying to drop the wagon and bandwagon someone else once they claim vanilla, is a scum tell, especally on day 1. Those kind of tactics, repeated bandwagon-to-a-claim stuff, are just the easiest way for a scum to flush out town power roles.
Sort-of agree, sort-of disagree. Unvoting because the claim was vanilla is bad, definitely, but there may be other reasons. Do you think that Kmd dropped BaB just because he was vanilla, or do you think there were other reasons?
Yosarian2 wrote:The thing is, there is absolutly no reason a pro-town person should ever leave a wagon in response to a vanillia claim, especally on day 1. So, yeah, I think it's a scum tell; it's a move scum have reason to do, and vanilla town don't.
Your generalizations are overgeneralized. Your use of "vanilla town" here is odd; faint smell of rolefishing.
Yosarian2 wrote:In other words, just like I said yesterday, by not stepping in and responding to Elvis' initial post on page 4, and instad hearing KMD's defense and all that, I was able to figure out that KMD is probably scum and Elvis is probably town.
Predictions noted.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”