MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Slicey »

whoot1234 wrote:I dont have a case built up against either I just dont find them particularly town
Then make cases. If you want to get better at mafia, you have to scumhunt. That does not mean guessing the setup. That means making cases on people you find scummy. At this point you've already dug your scum grave, but take this into account in future games.

@people in FL's game: If whoot is scum there's a good chance Mufasa is scum.
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 am

Post by whoot1234 »

Because I think the scum we have are on this train

unvote vote: whoot12341234
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Slicey »

And if you are town, then you just cost us a lot of info.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:03 am

Post by whoot1234 »

what more information are you going to get> I told you I believe all the scum are right here on this train.... plus that vote isnt even official cause my name isnt whoot12341234
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Boxman »

The mod is probably going to count it anyway. :P
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:06 am

Post by whoot1234 »

yah you can only wish you filthy scumbag
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Slicey »

whoot1234 wrote:what more information are you going to get> I told you I believe all the scum are right here on this train.... plus that vote isnt even official cause my name isnt whoot12341234
I'm not sure if you realized this, but you can gain a lot of info based on who hammers.
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:20 am

Post by whoot1234 »

I know that, but i think that everyone who actually wants me lynched is on this train voting already, and that includes the scum I don't think the other people want me lynched to be honest
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Boxman »

Zakeri was already voting for you, for one.
Sudai was ready to vote you but didn't want another quicklynch.

Can't speak for Head_Honcho, who hasn't really said anything on the issue, or Shotty, who just replaced in.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Slicey »

Everyone and their mother wants you lynched.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:23 am

Post by chenhsi »

*facepalm*

Mod: The format used to vote isn't completely accurate, and there was no intent to vote. Can we please disregard that act of foolishness?

Yeah, sure. Disregarding it.

whoot1234, you are being really unhelpful. I think that most people think that you are scum, including people who aren't here.
I lost the game.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Zakeri »

The fl flip supports the color theory, but doesn't really denounce the creature type theory. All in all, It hasn't changed my mind about Whoot1234's stance as scummy.

self hammer is frusterating, to say the least. This is why I don't like letting people hang at until deadline is approaching.

there's not much to say about what's going on since most of it is just trying to explain why everyone finds whoot scummy. One thing does bother me.
Can't speak for Head_Honcho, who hasn't really said anything on the issue, or Shotty, who just replaced in.
Head-Honcho, I've looked through your posts, and I would like to see you give an opinion on him. You've never really said anything on whoot besides asking him a simple question on his role details.
FoS: Head honcho
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

I doubt if I'm very keen on a whoot lynch. I don't like the way percy decried him right before he flipped scum. I don't think it would be a terrible lynch, but I won't be supporting it at this point and I think it would at least be a mistake to end the day this early.

Zakeri, you didn't look very hard! Before Percy flipped I thought whoot would probably be a good candidate today based on the noob scum interpretation of events!
Immoral Acts: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

oh wow, I missed page 13
Immoral Acts: 0
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

Head_Honcho wrote:Zakeri, you didn't look very hard! Before Percy flipped I thought whoot would probably be a good candidate today based on the noob scum interpretation of events!
I just read you in iso and I didn't see you state anywhere that whoot would be a good candidate.

Care to show us where you said this?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

<3 Slicey.

Okay we can talk during night so I don't have to rush a post, phew. I just finished the re-read of our thread and the currently revealed players in the others, I have to catch up on the other threads still.

I have company at the moment so I'll be sharing my thoughts on individuals later. I've noticed a lot of discussion about the set-up and how the scum teams could be made out of varying creature types or colors. I've been a pretty avid player for a number of years and I've kept up with story and general play for most of them, but I've lost track of the newest sets. Each block had its own plot and the colors or creature types only make sense in context. For example, our block has probably the lowest correlation between creature type and alignment. Black is generally bad this is true, but the crew of the Weatherlight was made up of all different colors and creatures. Kamigawa, as has been pointed out, is much more about creature types, the Kami are angry and they lash out against the physical beings that were their former worshippers. Time Spiral I'm not as familiar with to be honest, but the set brought back many cards from older blocks and also explored different timelines where cards completely changed alignment and color, usually morphing their effects. (For example: Original Braids vs. Time Spiral Braids)

This was mostly a flavor/backstory post so I can express my nerd-dom. I'll be putting together a more meaty post later tonight, probably after Whoot is revealed. I could see Crovax being a miller role given his flavor, but we'll find out soon enough now anyways. This is my first time encountering some of these roles, so two quick questions before I go.

1. What is a Punisher role? Couldn't find this on the wiki.

2. On the wiki it says the miller is usually uninformed about his additional role and is just told he is a townie, does that usually hold true? Some of the talk surrounding Whoot's claim (and obviously the fact he knew to claim miller if it is true) led me to believe otherwise.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Boxman »

A Punisher is a role that punishes people for claiming, usually with a kill. For an example, see Tar's role in Mind Screw 3 or Nat's role in Mind Screw 2.

The second question depends on the mod or game in question. In Mind Screw 3, Tar had a miller who, I believe, knew that he was a miller. It might be different in this game, I don't know.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by whoot1234 »

Ya it clearly states that I am a miller in my card information.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Ahh, I found it. It was stuck at the end of a seemingly irrelevent paragraph in post 195
Head_Honcho wrote:I don't know that Zwet was acting in an especially suspicious manner, the 'I only hammer' notion just needed to be discouraged. It's unfortunate that he had to claim, and he probably should have lied and claimed a protective role or something, but oh well. I'm going to have to agree about whoot. I generally try to stay completely clear of 'policy lynches' but in this case noob scum looks like the best explanation, especially since that's the only way scum can kill a bullet proof townie.

What do you think whoot, what made you want to drop the hammer so quickly?
You still don't say very much about him, and you would have done better to bring up earlier your point on Percy. Why wait until you're prodded?

I agree now is not a good time to set his lynch off. On that note, sociopath should keep his business out of whether Whoot's self-hammer is valid or not.

Still would like something on Whoot from Scotty before Whoot's lynch.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by chenhsi »

About Time Spiral...

Crovax becomes evil in the regular storyline, and replaces Volrath as the evil mastermind, but there is the alternate reality in Time Spiral where he never got cursed, and so remains a force for good. It would be interesting to see what would happen to whoot if he moved to the Time Spiral subgame.
I lost the game.
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by whoot1234 »

well maybe time spiral will bring me over and swap me during their night, or if you guys want to get rid of me without a lynch you could move me at night too.

All I know is that I have no information given to me that suggests any changes that will happen, but maybe that is why i know I am a miller maybe it is like one of those other millers shoptty was mentioning
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Nah. I stand by my vote.
I lost the game.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Zakeri »

[quote=SocioPath, FL's game]I actually think I've spent more time talking about the subject of talking about the other games, than actually talking about the other games. Razz[/quote]

Where I come from, they'd shoot you for that, pardner.

As much fun as dropping Whoot of in another game sounds fun, I don't feel comfy giving up our right to have the mod provide his alignment. We'd be losing out on a lot of information that way.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I'd like to refer to the people on Zwet's band wagon: Box, Slicey, Percy, Zakeri, Sudai, Qwints, Whoot. Percy is confirmed scum, Qwints has been pushed to another plane. That leaves us with Box, Slicey, Zak, Sudai, and Whoot. I hate analyzing Zwet lynches because so many people hate his meta and lynch on that /facepalm.

The hammer is clearly the scummiest part, speedlynching at its finest. Whoot's first post said he wasn't new to mafia and since then he has played the newbie card multiple times. We have his roleclaim, Crovax, a black creature that turns against the Weatherlight crew. Honestly if I were to assign him a role he would be a mafia traitor imo, but the miller claim fits, albeit a bit more roughly. I don't believe the miller claim, Whoot has sent mixed signals since he joined the game and before his speedlynch he contributed little. He replaces in on page 4, posts nothing of content except for 1 post on page 5 about a flavor theory in another game, disappears for 2 pages and then comes back for the speedlynch. If I knew I was a miller, I would be getting my pro-town ass in gear to draw a NK and/or avoid an investigation. His only defense has been some lame policy lynch idea about a role that Zwet wasn't, WIFOM (see 291 i.e.), and emotional appeals. The self-hammer was interesting, but it doesn't convince me since he tried to reverse it with a technicality in the way he typed it in and then let the town convince the mod to not kill him. Dropping him off somewhere else is simply a bad plan, we have a decent lynch right in front of us and throwing him to another town where they have to waste another day deciding if they should lynch him is a waste of time.

Box: There have been several things pointed out about his D1 vote that I'm not going to bother to reiterate. He has a valid point that the speedlynch prevented him from unvoting if he wasn't on at the time. One thing I would like to note is that if Whoot flips scum there's been a TREMENDOUS amount of distancing between Boxy and Whoot.

Slicey: Go Skar-, fuck wrong game. At any rate, I felt like he knew Zwet's meta well and voted against it anyways, I can't really make anything out of this because he was V/LA at the time of the lynch and couldn't have affected it.

Zak and Sudai both struck me as town on the first re-read, I'm leaning more neutral towards Star and Head, they both struck me as less than fully involved. Star didn't DO anything on D1, she said things and contributed some, but lack of actions (i.e. voting, building cases) doesn't do it for me. Head has popped in to avoid prods it seems. He generally says something useful when he does show up, but he's gone most of the time. I'd note for D2 that he's not joining the Whoot bandwagon.

Most if not all of these impressions are based on D1 rather than D2. D2 has been very unhelpful because Whoot is such an easy target. We need to see his alignment to move forward in a meaningful fashion, right now all we have beyond his scuminess is speculation. All this said, I have no problem ending the day.

Vote: Whoot1234
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I was building a case on Zwet. I noted that he was not playing as he normally does, which is why I was skeptical of his lynch.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”