Newbie 792--Mafia Island ~ Mafia win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by tracker »

oh mitey i'll all the cookies you brought if nobody else wants them :)
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by AGar »

Sorry Tracker, but you brought it upon yourself, =P
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by tracker »

i''ll have all the cookies i really need to spell/grammar check my posts b4 submitting them
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I think one of the major reasons why this game was so fun is that we had great participation throughout. Nobody flaked, I don't think we had many prods, it was great. They should sticky this game or something as an example of what a Newbie game should be.

AGar, there was some luck involved but your plan was brilliant. I'll admit here that you had me completely fooled. On Day 3 after IH revealed that he had investigated me I thought he was obvscum and needed to be lynched. (IH - dude, why did you investigate me? I thought I was the most obvtown player in the game next to a cleared Mitey) Then when he flipped cop I figured this was all an elaborate Thesp ploy.

So now I'm kinda glad you killed me early. :D
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Exactly, Papa Zito. I have had bad experience with pro-town players. I just had to be sure that you were not. I normally try to lynch the scummiest player I see, and investigate the towni-est player I see.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: I'll post my thoughts later on.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Okay, to be honest, I didn't pay a lot of attention to this game, concentrating on this game instead. As such, I did not play my cards right on Day 1. Somehow, I got it in my head that an anti-town behaviour would work in a Newbie game.

Any ways, I was revealed, and was fully expecting myself to be assassinated when night fell. However, in the off-chance that I was not assassinated, I decided to investigate Mitey Mouse, since I found Thesp's constant ragging of Mitey Mouse to be extremely odd. At this point, I had it in my head that Thesp was the most likely candidate for scum.

So, Day 2 comes around, and I was not eliminated. AGar's choice of a night kill was not surprising, since there was some tension between me and tracker on Day 1. As expected, Mitey Mouse was a prime candidate for a lynch. I decided to hold off on revealing my investigation until it couldn't go any further (L-1, or L-2?), hence giving the town lots of information to work from. Then, Papa Zito had me a little terrified of him being scum by stating in his posts how town-ish he is. So, I investigated him at night.

Day 3 comes around, and I still wasn't assassinated. At this point, I knew that the remaining mafia member was going to try and take me do Day 4, and from that point, accuse me of being a fake cop (what AGar said earlier). Lack of attention got in the way, and I didn't defend myself properly, and I got lynched. My investigation target being assassinated didn't help matters much, since to those who were utterly convinced I was scum, I saved myself the burden of choosing another practically vote-proof character.
最愛心。。。
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:17 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

IH...I really liked that you waited so long before revealing your investigation on me. It was a good plan.

AGar...reading your plan was like looking into a truely devilish mind! Very nice work! Your actualy game play was pretty good but, reading that you look like a Scummy mastermind...hehehe!

Now indulge me for a minute still please though. Why was Papa a better Night kill than me though? The way that the investigations worked out, it was a good plan but, a confirmed Town is a huge liability for Scum.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:54 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Now my thoughts here:

This group has huge potential as players! I look forward to playing with any of you again!!

I was really worried coming into this game. I had mentioned this to IH already but, seeing Thesp and IH on the list of players made me a bit nervous. You see they both have a reputation here and I was nervous about going against them. That being said, I'm so glad that they were both in this game...I think that they may be 2 of the nicest Scummers here and that makes me happy!

Boxman..nothing sucks more thn being bussed on Day 1. You took it well and got the win out of it.

Tracker...someone once told me that one of the biggest compliments as a Townie, is being Nightkilled early.

Wickedestjr...you got dug into a hole and seemed to get stuck there. Now, something that I find fairly proTown but, most find Scummy that you did...Tunnel vision. You really did get stuck on me for a big chunk of the game. Townies tend to tunnel while Scum cannot really because it looks like they are pushing too hard for a lynch.

Papa Zito..I cannot begin to describe how much I love playing with Papa! He is probably one on my favourite people on this site and I was thrilled when he came into this game!

Indigo Heron..the only thing that sucks worse than being lynched on Day 1 is being forced to claim on Day 1. You did well with it and were a definate asset to this game...for both teams apparently...hehehe!

Darkstrike...you played really well and I'd love to see how you are doing after a few more games under your belt. One thing though, I know that Thesp and IH looked so much worse than AGar but, trusting someone in this game is a bad thing. Your trust of AGar was what made me suspect you as much as I did. Just be careful with that in future.

Thesp...you are an excellent IC and a really good player. I find that the ICs in the newb games really lead the way that a game goes...even if they do not mean to. You are a respectful and fun player and that is becoming increasingly rare and even if you did not mean to, you lead us in a clean game. Thank you for that! It was a pleasure!

I have used the random question thing that you did at the start of this game in one of the games I was ICing...it didn't go as well but, it is an interesting alternative to the random votes!

If anyone wants me to look more closely at their play, I would be happy to do so. Just let me know.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Wow....agar....just wow. that was truly amazing. You are without a doubt the mvp in this game! what a play!

I totaly agree as far as the game goes. This was so much fun. I started two other games and found them both incredibly hostile, slow and boring. I was ready to leave the site but this game has motvated me to play another game! What I particularly liked was how everyone was civil in the game, in other games attacks on players have often seemed very personal and rude, but this didn't happen here.

Despite this, I am truly disappointed in how I played in this match, I was by far the worst player for the town. I can't help but think that just by trusting AGar I lost the game for the rest of the town. I definately need more practice at this.

Also, everyone playing this game I have got on with, it was a nice group and hope to play with you all again in the near future!
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:34 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Dark...you did not play badly at all! You played very well actually.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:45 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Something interesting to note here...well a few things.

This game came down to 3 people. I have only been in one other newbie game that did! Now this might not seem like a big thing but, it is pretty spectacular guys! Newbie games often get to Day 3 with 2 Scum and 3 Town alive. A game where it get's down to 3 in this queue is pretty special!

Another thing to note is that I subbed into another game and some of the newbie players were following this game (HI KIRBY!!). I was wondering how one of the players in particular knew my playstyle, so I asked him what games he was following...it was this one. Now again, that might not seem like a big deal but, having other players that aren't playing following this is pretty special.

Now, I'm not sure on the rules of this but, being as the game is over, perhaps some of the watchers can comment on it...
Khelv...is that allowed?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

We had an audience? Lawl.

Dude, Darkstrike, you played a great game. Don't let the last day color it for you. And let me counter what Mitey said a bit... Trusting someone in Mafia
can
be a good thing. You and I worked really well together as town and brought Box down on Day 1. Lynching scum on Day 1 is pretty rare, especially in this format. If you develop a knack for identifying pro-town players and working with them in this way, you'll be a powerful force for the town.

Also, forgot to mention... Many thanks to Khelvaster for modding. I especially enjoyed the flavor. :D
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:09 am

Post by tracker »

i agree thanks Khelvaster and thanks mitey for the compliment, I was wondering one other thing. would it be possible to replay this game? i mean with the roles randomly re-assigned but the same players and same format? what's everyone's thoughts on that?
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:21 am

Post by AGar »

MiteyMouse wrote:Now indulge me for a minute still please though. Why was Papa a better Night kill than me though? The way that the investigations worked out, it was a good plan but, a confirmed Town is a huge liability for Scum.
Honestly, it was part of the scheme. Killing you would've been to predictable - people expected it. I needed to put myself in a position where this could be passed off as an elaborate scheme, while maintaining an in-game demeanor that painted me as someone that couldn't necessarily come up with such a scheme.

Here's my question to IH - who would you have investigated in Night 3?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 am

Post by AGar »

Also thanks for the compliments on the gameplan. It took a lot more thought to win this than I expected. I honestly probably typed close to 50 paragraphs that I eventually deleted because I felt they might give me away.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

tracker wrote:i agree thanks Khelvaster and thanks mitey for the compliment, I was wondering one other thing. would it be possible to replay this game? i mean with the roles randomly re-assigned but the same players and same format? what's everyone's thoughts on that?
I would love to but, it might be hard in this format. If someone could think of a way to do it here, I'd be game!

Oh and thank you Khelv!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:25 am

Post by AGar »

Trip post, my bad :p

Yeah, big thanks to Khelvaster. His prods kept me at it too :p

Dark, your trust in me wasn't necessarily misplaced from the town standpoint. My early jumping on that bus had a lot of people looking past me. Maybe you might have placed too much trust in me, but I honestly didn't get any heat from anyone really, so you trusting me didn't make a huge difference from my standpoint.

tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by tracker »

i do believe a mod could just do whatever it is they do to randomly pick the roles and game type. It would be interesting to see how everyone played in a second go round.

i also have a question on game tatics, if i were to say that i would be on from Xo'clock to Yo'clock in game what would one think of that? i.g. scummy, townish, noobish, or some cryptographic message to scum partner or fellow town masons, or what?
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

The time you are on the site is part of your meta. People do sometimes tell when they are more likely to be on the site. Is this for an on going game Tracker?

Maybe discuss the idea with Khelv a bit to see what he says. I'm not too familiar with all the modding rules...I'm still in line to mod my first game here....hehehe!
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by tracker »

no, but i'm currently not in any game at the moment :(; i was thinking about how fast a game could go along if everyone was on together for an hour or so a day.
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Oh...if you were looking at posting that type of thing at the start of the game, I wouldn't see it as Scummy or anything.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by tracker »

ok, i was also thinkin along the lines of school and sports that are coming up soon and my time is going to be limited.

i think i might ask khelv if he would be so kind as to mod another game like this if everyone else is willing
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by AGar »

With such a small setup, I think it would be difficult to do us all in a game again. This was definitely the most fun I've had in a game, and like I said - I'll probably never forget this game, but I think if we were to have the same cast of people in the same setup, it'd be too hard to pull off.

tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by tracker »

maybe, but it would be interesting to try
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”