California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Gaspar »

Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:Gaspar, why are you so interested in MafiaJin?

Is it not a possiblity that he could simply just be a player with just bad logic?
If so, why is bad logic scummy?

Thok, why is zwet below No Lynch? Is it simply because you dislike GoofballsAndBalloons' push on him? If so, why is no lynch preferable to losing a player who is, based on meta, usually a distraction to the town?

-Cow
I already mentioned this. SSK's justification for putting himself makes zero sense whatsoever unless he thought he could put 9 scumbag in a scene together, and one of them mentioned "ignoring a win condition." Putting himself on-camera has nothing to do with the Innocent win condition, so my conclusion is that MafiaJin has some alignment other than the standard Innocent alignment.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Gaspar »

EBWOP: To clarify the first point, the "at least one protown player" isn't just bad logic. To me, it sounds forced and made up. I believe SSK was just trying to say
something
to cover them up.

At the very least, I'd like to see the Stuntman put himself into the Scene and bring MafiaJin back to the land of the lynchable. He can also relay what the Songs mean, and remind CKD (who probably hasn't read Off-Stage since he confirmed) that there is to be no decision-making until the Director of Audiography posts "Closing Time."
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Gaspar »

Oooh, that's actually a great way to communicate with those in-thread. We can make a list of messages we want to relay, make sure the Stuntsman copies them down, then switch the Stuntsman in every single day so that we can at least get a little feedback from the On-Camera players.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Mighty Orbots wrote:Hmm, a couple quick questions for now.

ShadowLurker, apparently you didn't want to talk about (your vote? your problem with 99%) but were the vote for KY Krew and the 99% comment supposed to have any connection at all?

Thok, why put some of the names in brackets like that on your list?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Completely unrelated.

---

People please read the game before posting -_-

---

I have a town feeling from ckd at this moment because I don't feel like scum with info would put themselves out there with the first post like that.

---
Gaspar wrote:Oooh, that's actually a great way to communicate with those in-thread. We can make a list of messages we want to relay, make sure the Stuntsman copies them down, then switch the Stuntsman in every single day so that we can at least get a little feedback from the On-Camera players.
Reading is tech. The Stuntman can be switched in ONCE per game. I don't think it's really worth wasting it at this point especially when there's a clear decision of the Advocate. I am also hesitant to lynch our Director this early because of possible Mechanics/Info fallouts.

---

---

I don't like the Off Stage people who've only posted once since confirming. In a mechanic heavy game where scum is possibly even more informed/coordinated it's a really easy tactic to skate by with.

Question removed. Read the rules. - Mod
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Gaspar »

Two things, SL:

First, it talks about choosing a new Stuntman once the original uses his ability, which would be useless if the ability as a whole could be used once ever.
Second, it later says in the Job description that the ability can only be used "Once per scene" which indicates that
each Stuntsman can use the ability once

Reading is indeed tech.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:25 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Touche :oops:

I read that at least 3 times too :cry: I think the once per game leading sentence caused me to read every instance as once per game.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:
Mighty Orbots wrote:What I didn't mention at the time was that although it's a bit ambiguous I think that the rules indicate that we'll learn after the scene is over whether or not the choice was a good one or a bad one. If we do end up with two scum advocates here and they both agree and it was bad advice we'll know that we can lynch both of them.
Actually I don't think the rules mentioned whether the choice will be revealed as good/bad at the end of the scene or at endgame. I just assumed at endgame.

-dahill
Yeah, looking back I see that the rules don't make it as clear as I'd thought on their own. I was thinking that it was implied that we'd learn at the end of the scene but it looks like I just decided that was much more likely as otherwise the scum with their ability to pick advocates and the results of the choices have too much power to deceive. In any case, I'll ask Mith.
ShadowLurker wrote:
Gaspar wrote:Oooh, that's actually a great way to communicate with those in-thread. We can make a list of messages we want to relay, make sure the Stuntsman copies them down, then switch the Stuntsman in every single day so that we can at least get a little feedback from the On-Camera players.
Reading is tech. The Stuntman can be switched in ONCE per game. I don't think it's really worth wasting it at this point especially when there's a clear decision of the Advocate. I am also hesitant to lynch our Director this early because of possible Mechanics/Info fallouts.
Actually, I'm almost positive that the stuntman job can be used more than once. Why else would someone new get promoted to it when it gets used. My guess is that once per game limit is for players rather than the job itself. It does specify that the job can't be used more than once per scene though so there is a limit for it as well. I'll ask Mith about that as well.

As for Gaspar's idea of using it to communicate, I've been saying we could do that. My inclination is to save it for times when we want to get something across that we don't have planned ahead of time with songs or pictures as it's much more powerful than what either zwetcshenwasser or I can do and unless we've got something worth saying we should hold onto it until we do need to say something. I think that enough of those in the On Camera thread know that they're supposed to be waiting for "Closing Time" that they'll pass it on to CKD (but I'll toss on "Slow the Flow" if they run things up to 3 votes quickly for some reason.)

The other use, getting MafiaJin back in this thread and to lynchability is another matter altogether. My experience with both MafiaSSK and Sajin lead me to believe that they shouldn't be counted on to make good choices if they're town so I'm not sold on their scumminess for the reasons you're pushing it but I've got nothing against bringing them in to question further.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

DGB, I believe you are mistaken in assuming anything based on just a confirmation post, but whatever floats your boat. I, now, think that based on the serious tone of your early posts (not the case in your scum games) that you're 55% town in my eyes. I'd like to know how communication with on-stage players would in any way help them make a decision (since they certainly can't help us).
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Bagel Eating Cowfrog »

zwetschenwasser wrote:DGB, I believe you are mistaken in assuming anything based on just a confirmation post, but whatever floats your boat. I, now, think that based on the serious tone of your early posts (not the case in your scum games) that you're 55% town in my eyes. I'd like to know how communication with on-stage players would in any way help them make a decision (since they certainly can't help us).
Why didn't you say this first time?

-Shanba
dahill+hascow+Shanba
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 pm

I don't think it really makes a difference, as DGB's "case" isn't one I can particularly defend against.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Talillan 119
advocate(s) chosen by scum for subsequent scenes. They will still get the useful information whether they be scum or town. They are kind of like a weird version of night-kill choices for the scum.
Your word choice here seems to imply you know that scum don't have night kills. I just reread the rules (again. . .) and I couldn't find anything to suggest this. I don't like using slips anymore ( I used to really like them, but have recently found them to not work well) to find scum, but this one looks better than most.

I'd want to vote for you, but I haven't talked to my other head.

DGB: PLEASE check your inbox. I sent you a url that we can talk to eachother with.

-Bridges

Tags removed. Please use bold only for votes. - Mod
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

OK, I probably found the answer to my question about lists. Back in CT I the brackets were used to indicate ties (as explained here) so Thok probably does have that right.

GoffballsAndBaloons, talking directly to Talilan or voting for them just now isn't likely to accomplish too much as they're over in the on camera thread and can't read this yet or be voted by my understanding of how votes work.

zwetschenwasser, other than letting the on camera crew know when we're done with our discussion/lynching (which we've got a system for) we would potentially want to let them know that they're making what we think is the wrong decision with their votes or give a recommendation for a particular option if there are more than two choices. I don't know why the jobs we've got would exist if it weren't for the purposes of communication and I'm not sure what other than the decision they're working on we'd need to communicate to them about. Is there something else that you'd propose using them for?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

GoofballsAndBaloons wrote:Talillan 119
advocate(s) chosen by scum for subsequent scenes. They will still get the useful information whether they be scum or town. They are kind of like a weird version of night-kill choices for the scum.
Your word choice here seems to imply you know that scum don't have night kills. I just reread the rules (again. . .) and I couldn't find anything to suggest this. I don't like using slips anymore ( I used to really like them, but have recently found them to not work well) to find scum, but this one looks better than most.
I would actually hazard a guess that there probably are scum kills, or some kind of kills anyway. The rules seem to imply that it's possible we might get down to 5 pro-town people before round 7, and I'm not sure how that would be possible if there was just one lynch a day and no kills (unless there's, like, 9 scum or something out of 20 people in this game, which seems improbable.)

Yos
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
You can indicate ties in preference lists with brackets.

Thought this was made clear in the rules somewhere, but apparently not: The outcome of each Scene will be revealed at the end of that Scene.

The Stuntman Job can be use "once per game" in the sense that it can be used once each time an Actor holds that Job. Each time a player holds a Job is a new incarnation of that Job.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Mod: Votecount plz
Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:Vote: Goofballsandbaloons, Zwet, [People], No Lynch, Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Does this mean you think the DGB/Zwet interaction is some sort of scum gambit?

-PZ

Tags removed. Please use bold only for voting. - Mod
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:45 am

Mighty Orbots wrote:Mod: Votecount plz
Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:Vote: Goofballsandbaloons, Zwet, [People], No Lynch, Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Does this mean you think the DGB/Zwet interaction is some sort of scum gambit?

-PZ
No the DGB vote was mainly a policy one and my other two heads thought Zwet to be scummy so when I asked if I could vote for DGB they agreed but requested that I put zwet as second

Also, interesting developments On Camera..it looks like Ckd claimed to be some kind of neutral with a choice to turn innocent or evil. I see no reason not to trust him right now since mith said the choice will be revealed as good/bad at the end of the scene so if he's misleading us we'll just lynch him Scene 2.

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:11 am

Talk about peer pressure... DGB, please elaborate on your other suspicions besides me.
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:21 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:Talk about peer pressure... DGB, please elaborate on your other suspicions besides me.
What is this post referencing? I don't see any new DGB posts about you since the last time you posted. And what do you mean by peer pressure?

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:28 am

the peer pressure is a joke about your triple hydra.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
ShadowLurker has posted in the On Camera thread while Off Stage, and has received his first strike.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Ya'll are gonna have to help me out with Zwet=scum. All I've heard so far is meta. Can someone give an example of how his play here compares to his play as scum?

Gaspar, you seem so dead-set on this that I'm kinda wanting to test your theory about our beloved Director. That said, I'm also a bit wary that you seem to have so much game knowledge that I don't.

BTW, the Mr. Grey vote wasn't random. If you guys read the previous few games, you'll see that he doesn't have our best interests at heart
and
he's been a character before. If his name appears on the votecount (sup mod?) then I'd recommend we attempt a Mr. Grey lynch.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

^^ Another PZ post. Cripes. I have to get used to signing stuff.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:33 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Oops, was reading both threads and posted my vote in the wrong tab -_-

Vote: KY Krew
, [elmosaurian, Rawr Hydra, Seraphim], [Gaspar, zwetschenwasser], Bagel Eating Cowfrog, Thok, No Lynch, GoofballsAndBaloons, Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

That's three votes on camera coming too quickly for me. Putting the slow down soundtrack out there. Since the advocates have now agreed about who should drive the rest of the signals (other than "Closing Time") shouldn't be needed today but we do want to make sure they don't finish too early.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Bagel Eating Cowfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 pm

KY Krew and Rawr Hydra need to post.

I don't really see any benefits of lynching (or attempting to lynch) Mr. Grey at this time and I think we should focus on known players at the moment.

Good call on the soundtrack.

-dahill
dahill+hascow+Shanba

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”