Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Starbuck wrote:I'm not liking that you want a quicklynch.
We have a clear cut 1-1 situation. Is it too much to ask for people to PICK ONE and get it over with already? I have ALWAYS had a problem with the indecisiveness that is rampant on this site. Hell, if you want to pick me, then pick me. Just make sure Xyl dies a RAPID death tomorrow when I flip town of you do.

I repeat, Xyl and I are in a 1-1 situation. One of us MUST be scum. Hurry up and decide which one it is already. I'm getting sick of waiting. It's boring.

Xylthixlm -2 (kairyuu, Lamont_Cranston)
kairyuu -1 (xylthixlm)
Not voting: mykonian, Gorrad, LlamaFluff, Stephoscope, Kairyuu, DeathNote, Starbuck, Kmd4390, Knight of Cydonia, xylthixlm, zwetchenwasser

We'll just act like we're kissing.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm Demegawa, unlynchable townie. I'm in it for the ratings.

I guess this wasted lynch is going to happen, but at least we know who to hit next.

vote: KMD
So many holes. Notably Demegawa being "anti-Kira" which is the name of the town's faction. I see that MBL has been shot and was scum though by looking at the OP quickly. This vig is my hero after shooting Vi and MBL right after my votes and being right both times. XD
Lamont_Cranston wrote:

Lamont_Cranston
-- 99% confirmed town
Are you basing this on something or just "I know myself to be town"? Why 99%?

Lamont_Cranston wrote: Why didn't Xyl just go along with the night chat idea? Why did he make up a claim where he has no night chat?
Because then he'd have to claim who he's talking to. If not now, he still has to eventually.
Kairyuu wrote:If he had admitted to talking with someone last Night, then he would have had to tell us who it was. If he lied, then the person he claimed to have talked to would have called him on it and he would have been speedlynched. If he would have told the truth, it would mean revealing the name of one of his scumbuddies, and if either of them died, the other would be the automatic next target.
^Exactly this. This is why I'm likely to vote Xyl at the end of my post.
Xylthixlm wrote: Please explain why I wouldn't go for the patented Knight of Cydonia "I have a night-talk with someone and I think they're scum but they won't tell me who they are" claim?
What are the chances that both you and KoC are telling the truth in this case?
DeathNote wrote:Just something to throw out there... why does everyone assume that the Day Vig is pro town. Destroying a deathnote is completely up to him and if he already has one, then he has to pass it on or destroy it. It is possible that he has a deathnote already and just destroyed this last one so to limit the chance of him dying, although this is slightly unlikely since we didn't have two kills last night. Just thinking aloud.
They have no reason to kill Vi and MBL if they are scum. They are either town or Shinigami and are completely awesome either way[/buddying]
Xylthixlm wrote:If I was going to fake a claim I wouldn't need to out anyone to do it.
What happens if we eventually massclaim and nobody has claimed the ability to night talk with you? If you say you don't know who they are, you are probably just copying KoC's claim. There is nothing that you could have claimed and survived the whole game on that involves night talk. Well, unless you include a dead player, but how believable is that?
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Umm, wow. That doesn't sound so good. Well they both said they would be willing to be lynched but Kai's statement is much more convincing:
xyl wrote:I wouldn't mind investigating one of us tonight. I am not going to suggest who because it's pure WIFOM; let the investigator pick. If don't have any real objection to agreeing to be lynched if Kairyuu somehow comes up town, as long as Kairyuu agrees to the same.
Kai wrote:@Lamont:

1) I would be fine with it, but keep in mind that it wastes an investigation when lynching one of us would be far faster.

2) I don't care who get's investigated. If it's me it will be town, and if it's Xyl it will not.

3) If the investigation clears me, then yes, you have my full permission to assist me in lynching Xyl. Then again, you can help me lynch him today instead and save time. Hell, you can lynch me and have the dayvig take Xyl down right off the bat tomorrow if you REALLY want to.

@all: the scumteam has been considerably weakened over the last 2 game Days. Motivation for me to put myself into a 1-1 situation is completely nonexistant, as I have drawn only slight suspicion over the course of the game, and it would lead directly to my death even if i got Xyl lynched first. On the other hand, motivation for Xyl to put himself into a 1-1 with a claimed cop, when the alternative is telling the town the name of at least one of his scumbuddies is CONSIDERABLY higher. Correct play for scum in Xyl's situation is to call me a liar. He will die and flip scum regardless, but at the same time he has the potential to take down a cop in the process AND doesn't have to throw a scumbuddy in the line of fire. If you look at the motivations which led to this situation being a 1-1, the choice is quite clear as to who stands to gain the most from lying.
Which one sounds more townie to all of you?
TBH, scum are more likely to overexplain.. You're right, Xyl isn't making this easy. He's a good player though.

Lamont, why did you ignore my accusation about being Misa?

Meh, I'm more likely to end up voting Xyl than Kairyuu, but I'd like to let this play out a little more first.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Gorrad »

Back from V/LA! Thoughts:

1) Starbuck's name was obviously a ploy.

2) Kairyuu's claim makes no sense thanks to QTs. If people give fake names in the topics (Recall, KoC's claim relies on being anonymous) then the mod can't know who talked and who didn't.
Vote: Kairyuu

3) Lamont, I have claimed. Remember? 1-Shot Daycop Mogi? I cleared you?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Vote: Llamafluff

I can't believe you're all buying into this Kairyuu/Xyl diversion. It is clear that Xyl is lying about his nighttalk ability, so I'm assuming that he is one of Yagami's inner mafia (according to part of my theory), and I'm almost 85% sure that Rem DOES NOT HAVE the ability to pass her death note to someone else, even if Misa can.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

zwetschenwasser wrote:

and I'm almost 85% sure that Rem DOES NOT HAVE the ability to pass her death note to someone else
I'm exactly 100% sure that Rem can pass the death note along to someone else. It says so in Llama's role.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Gorrad wrote:
2) Kairyuu's claim makes no sense thanks to QTs. If people give fake names in the topics (Recall, KoC's claim relies on being anonymous) then the mod can't know who talked and who didn't.
Wait . . . what? That makes no sense. How would the mod not know if the roles he made himself are able to talk at Night? I clarified it with the mod, and my investigation tells me whether or not the person I investigate is ABLE to talk at Night during the Night I investigate them. I mentioned this a few days ago. For example, if I investigated someone and got that they couldnt talk to anyone, but then they were recruited by Stepho and I investigated them again, I would get that they could talk at Night, even if they decided not to.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Gorrad wrote:2) Kairyuu's claim makes no sense thanks to QTs. If people give fake names in the topics (Recall, KoC's claim relies on being anonymous) then the mod can't know who talked and who didn't.
While I don't yet know whether or not I believe Kairyuu, there is explicitly no requirement to use player names in my group. Weyoun and I started with our role names, but I don't know what would have happened if we didn't.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I believe Kairyuu more than I believe Xylthxlm. Can someone quickly summarize why at least one of them is scum?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Stephoscope wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:

and I'm almost 85% sure that Rem DOES NOT HAVE the ability to pass her death note to someone else
I'm exactly 100% sure that Rem can pass the death note along to someone else. It says so in Llama's role.
Sigh. Then I'm 70% sure Llama hasn't passed her death note. I do believe you are L, though.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Kairyuu wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Wait . . . what? That makes no sense. How would the mod not know if the roles he made himself are able to talk at Night? I clarified it with the mod, and my investigation tells me whether or not the person I investigate is ABLE to talk at Night during the Night I investigate them. I mentioned this a few days ago. For example, if I investigated someone and got that they couldnt talk to anyone, but then they were recruited by Stepho and I investigated them again, I would get that they could talk at Night, even if they decided not to.
Ah! Able to. My mistake.

Unvote
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Stephoscope wrote:I believe Kairyuu more than I believe Xylthxlm. Can someone quickly summarize why at least one of them is scum?
I investigated Xyl. Result was that he was able to Night talk. He flat out denies this. Therefore, either he is lying about not being able to Night talk (and therefore is almost definitely scum) or I am lying about my role (and therefore am almost definitely scum). So yeah. One of us MUST be scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kairyuu wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I believe Kairyuu more than I believe Xylthxlm. Can someone quickly summarize why at least one of them is scum?
I investigated Xyl. Result was that he was able to Night talk. He flat out denies this. Therefore, either he is lying about not being able to Night talk (and therefore is almost definitely scum) or I am lying about my role (and therefore am almost definitely scum). So yeah. One of us MUST be scum.
Right, right.

Unvote
Vote: Xylthxlm
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu claims Stephen Gevanni, a night-talk-investigator who only starts using his ability on N2 and has a 10% chance of alerting his target to the investigation.

I am Lind L. Tailor, L-miller (I show up to investigations as if I was L).

Kairyuu claims that I can night talk. I can't. I checked with the mod and the ability Kairyuu is claiming would not be affected by my role ability.

One of us must be lying.

(It's obviously Kairyuu - he's claiming not just an info role, not just a nerfed info role, not just a double-nerfed info role, but a
triple-nerfed info role
. Our mods may be crazy but they're not that crazy.)
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Xyl: So because my role is complicated and yours isn't I'm the scum? Keep in mind also that MafiaSSK claimed miller too, and his claim was nothing like yours. He flipped town, so I assume he was not lying.

You're flailing, and it's funny. I've never seen you this worried about your own skin, even as a SK in Tar's Unreal Tournament game.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

In a game in which nighttalk is obviously so prevalent, I think Kairyuu's role makes perfect sense. I also think the N2 start makes sense, so that a successful investigation need not uncover a power role, but could also show a recruit to my group or any others. And it's clear that there are complicated roles in this game, given that SSK was town, it should be pretty obvious that I'm L, and yet we were both convinced one or the other was scum.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Stephoscope wrote:In a game in which nighttalk is obviously so prevalent, I think Kairyuu's role makes perfect sense. I also think the N2 start makes sense, so that a successful investigation need not uncover a power role, but could also show a recruit to my group or any others. And it's clear that there are complicated roles in this game, given that SSK was town, it should be pretty obvious that I'm L, and yet we were both convinced one or the other was scum.
And the 10% chance of alerting the target is because...?

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

And the fact that every player in this game is apparently a named role, and Xylthxlm's claim is a very minor Death Note character, is also relevant. Although I do concede the L-miller bit makes sense based on what I read about Lind L. Taylor.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu wrote:You're flailing, and it's funny. I've never seen you this worried about your own skin, even as a SK in Tar's Unreal Tournament game.
Have you ever seen me get wagoned as town before?

Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Gorrad wrote:Back from V/LA! Thoughts:

Do you have nigh chat ability.

I fixed you and me. ;)
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Stephoscope wrote:And the fact that every player in this game is apparently a named role, and Xylthxlm's claim is a very minor Death Note character, is also relevant. Although I do concede the L-miller bit makes sense based on what I read about Lind L. Taylor.
Read my mini theme. I said it once, I'll say it again. There were barely enough roles to go around for the mini! I'm shocked that he had enough for a large. I'd be /SHOCKED/ if there weren't some minor characters.

Hell, mine had Hideki Ryuga, who shows up for one scene.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Back from V/LA! Thoughts:

Do you have nigh chat ability.

I fixed you and me. ;)
Nope! No night chat.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Gelus wrote:
No Longer in the Human World:

Kise,
Commander Rester
, Sniped From Afar, D2
I don't even know who Commander Rester is. I remember Lind L. Tailor clearly - he only shows up briefly but he's very important to the story - but not Commander Rester.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Gorrad »

He's Near's second in command. The big, German-looking guy.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Eh. Don't remember him. I liked the Kira Task Force characters much better than the later characters... most of the later ones were kind of bland.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:You're flailing, and it's funny. I've never seen you this worried about your own skin, even as a SK in Tar's Unreal Tournament game.
Have you ever seen me get wagoned as town before?
Given that I've never seen you as town before (SK in UT, and Mafia in MS3), then no, I haven't seen you wagoned as town before.

And I still haven't, because you're quite clearly lying scum here, and you're throwing up weak counter after weak counter to try to take down a cop on your way out. Not gonna work though. My position is sustainable. Yours isn't. It's checkmate. You were a worthy opponent, but you've been caught and exposed. It's over.
Eh. Don't remember him. I liked the Kira Task Force characters much better than the later characters... most of the later ones were kind of bland.
I agree with this. I didn't much like the Near arc for plot either. After L died there was a distinctive drop in the quality of the manga (I only watched like 2-3 episodes of the anime). Not subtle enough. Near was too flashy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”