Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

I like your line of thinking. I'm inclined to vote Xyl here.

Could you explain what you mean by "potentially revealing one of his scum buddies?"

Xylthixlm -1 (kairyuu)
kairyuu -1 (xylthixlm)
Not voting: mykonian, Gorrad, LlamaFluff, Lamont_Cranston, Stephoscope, Kairyuu, DeathNote, Starbuck, Kmd4390, Knight of Cydonia, xylthixlm, zwetchenwasser

Director, I have a boyfriend so can we cut out the love scenes?

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Kairyuu »

If he had admitted to talking with someone last Night, then he would have had to tell us who it was. If he lied, then the person he claimed to have talked to would have called him on it and he would have been speedlynched. If he would have told the truth, it would mean revealing the name of one of his scumbuddies, and if either of them died, the other would be the automatic next target.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

Vote Xyl
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu wrote:If he had admitted to talking with someone last Night, then he would have had to tell us who it was. If he lied, then the person he claimed to have talked to would have called him on it and he would have been speedlynched. If he would have told the truth, it would mean revealing the name of one of his scumbuddies, and if either of them died, the other would be the automatic next target.
Please explain why I wouldn't go for the patented Knight of Cydonia "I have a night-talk with someone and I think they're scum but they won't tell me who they are" claim?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 am

Ewww.... Good point.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Pfft, that's bollocks, zwet, we all know Mastin has the patent on every stupid play ever.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:57 am

Post by DeathNote »

Just something to throw out there... why does everyone assume that the Day Vig is pro town. Destroying a deathnote is completely up to him and if he already has one, then he has to pass it on or destroy it. It is possible that he has a deathnote already and just destroyed this last one so to limit the chance of him dying, although this is slightly unlikely since we didn't have two kills last night. Just thinking aloud.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Deathnote
Rules of Death on page 80 wrote:
At night,
you may anonymously give away your Death Note to any player. You may also choose to destroy it.
Please note the bolded. The death note can only be destroyed by a scum player during the Night phase. That it was destroyed upon the death of MBL means it must have been a pro-town player doing the killing, because that's the only way they would be destroyed on contact.

@Xyl: You would still have to reveal a name your way, and it would put you in a quasi 1-1 with KoC. If you were lynched, then the name you mentioned would, again, be the next target for the town.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu wrote:@Xyl: You would still have to reveal a name your way, and it would put you in a quasi 1-1 with KoC. If you were lynched, then the name you mentioned would, again, be the next target for the town.
Huh?
Xylthixlm wrote:Please explain why I wouldn't go for the patented Knight of Cydonia "I have a night-talk with someone and I think they're scum but
they won't tell me who they are
" claim?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Seriously, try again. We already know that it's possible to have night-talk with someone without knowing who they are (assuming KoC is telling the truth, anyways). If I was going to fake a claim I wouldn't need to out anyone to do it.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Xyl: Ah, right. Missed that bit. Still. This way you're in a 1-1 with a cop, and that way you're in a 1-1 with someone else. The potential to get a cop lynched is better for scum than getting some other random role lynched, so you picked the 1-1 with me. It's simple. You're scum. My investigation says you are lying about not having Night talk, so you must be scum.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

And why exactly would I invent a miller-like role, PM the mod to clarify the interaction, and then claim "well, I'm a miller, but it wouldn't affect your result"? You're stretching.

What result did you
actually
get on me?

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

That you were talking to someone last Night, or at least that you had the ability to talk to someone last Night. Just like I claimed.

Why would
I
claim a false result on you? What do I have to gain from getting you lynched if I'm scum?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

At the start of the day there were at least two scum alive (MBL and Misa) and three shinigami. One mislynch followed by nightkills would result in town being a minority tomorrow, and a probable scum win. Plenty of reason for scum to set up a 1-1.

Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Dang Xyl aint making this easy. :(
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
@Kai & Xyl:

1) What do you think about investigating one of you tonight?
2) Who should we investigate?
3) If the person we investigate comes up clear, do we have your permission to 100% lynch the other person and do we have 100% certainty of being correct?
Xyl, please answer the above..
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I wouldn't mind investigating one of us tonight. I am not going to suggest who because it's pure WIFOM; let the investigator pick. If don't have any real objection to agreeing to be lynched if Kairyuu somehow comes up town, as long as Kairyuu agrees to the same.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I invited one player to my team last night and, if that player is still alive, he or she is the only player I can investigate tonight.

VAE, Z? then AAOBAM?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Umm, wow. That doesn't sound so good. Well they both said they would be willing to be lynched but Kai's statement is much more convincing:
xyl wrote:I wouldn't mind investigating one of us tonight. I am not going to suggest who because it's pure WIFOM; let the investigator pick. If don't have any real objection to agreeing to be lynched if Kairyuu somehow comes up town, as long as Kairyuu agrees to the same.
Kai wrote:@Lamont:

1) I would be fine with it, but keep in mind that it wastes an investigation when lynching one of us would be far faster.

2) I don't care who get's investigated. If it's me it will be town, and if it's Xyl it will not.

3) If the investigation clears me, then yes, you have my full permission to assist me in lynching Xyl. Then again, you can help me lynch him today instead and save time. Hell, you can lynch me and have the dayvig take Xyl down right off the bat tomorrow if you REALLY want to.

@all: the scumteam has been considerably weakened over the last 2 game Days. Motivation for me to put myself into a 1-1 situation is completely nonexistant, as I have drawn only slight suspicion over the course of the game, and it would lead directly to my death even if i got Xyl lynched first. On the other hand, motivation for Xyl to put himself into a 1-1 with a claimed cop, when the alternative is telling the town the name of at least one of his scumbuddies is CONSIDERABLY higher. Correct play for scum in Xyl's situation is to call me a liar. He will die and flip scum regardless, but at the same time he has the potential to take down a cop in the process AND doesn't have to throw a scumbuddy in the line of fire. If you look at the motivations which led to this situation being a 1-1, the choice is quite clear as to who stands to gain the most from lying.
Which one sounds more townie to all of you?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

"If the investigation clears me"?

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Xylthixlm wrote:"If the investigation clears me"?
It'll either clear me or condemn you, so I don't really see what you're getting at here.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:"If the investigation clears me"?
It'll either clear me or condemn you, so I don't really see what you're getting at here.
In either of those cases I'd get lynched, obviously. If that's what you meant, you wouldn't have needed the "if". But nice cover.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Kairyuu »

We have 10 days til deadline. Can we lynch someone already (preferably Xyl)? I'd rather not run up against deadline again.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not liking that you want a quicklynch.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

10 days before deadline =/= quicklynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”