xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Unvote, Vote: Jebus

Re-read. On my way to Inglorious Basterds. On phones browswer. Will post full case when i return
green shirt thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

jasonT1981 wrote:I see it like this

If I say I can protect the cop... the scum know not to target him and can almost guarantee a night kill elsewhere..

If I say I can not protect the cop then they know they are free to go at him, and the guilty result the cop could hypothetically get in the night on someone (assumning he investigates correctly) will have gone to waste and we will never know.

Does that make sense?
"if i say i can protect the cop, the scum will not target the cop" So there going to hit a VT, or maybe at worst a vig. Or scum will just kill you tonight. no matter who gets killed, in this scenario we get a cop investigation -assuming no roleblocker-

and the second paragraph is poor assumed play on towns part because that assumes the town will be playing follow the 'cop'
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

canadianbovine wrote:

If I say I can protect the cop... the scum know not to target him and can almost guarantee a night kill elsewhere..

If I say I can not protect the cop then they know they are free to go at him, and the guilty result the cop could hypothetically get in the night on someone (assumning he investigates correctly) will have gone to waste and we will never know.

Does that make sense?
"if i say i can protect the cop, the scum will not target the cop" So there going to hit a VT, or maybe at worst a vig. Or scum will just kill you tonight. no matter who gets killed, in this scenario we get a cop investigation -assuming no roleblocker-
Why wouldn't they just kill the doc?
Late twenties, early Thursdays
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

jasonT1981 wrote:you know I did not want to claim doctor and was very hesitant to do so. I was considering claiming Vanilla so as to guarentee being able to protect someone in the night.

as I said, you want to lynch me... lynch me... as for my vote. Happy where it is thank you

Believe me or not if you wish. I don't care
asks to someone not jason:

Would richard being a VT of been believable? asking cause not done with s5. because he was obvious Richard, and that comment above bounced and pinged the scumdar.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

ZONEACE wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:

Does that make sense?
"if i say i can protect the cop, the scum will not target the cop" So there going to hit a VT, or maybe at worst a vig. Or scum will just kill
you
tonight. no matter who gets killed, in this scenario we get a cop investigation -assuming no roleblocker-
that is what i said, "you" was referring to Jason, who last time i checked claimed doctor.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

unvote: vote: jebus

Do not support an uncclaimed power role lynch on day 1.

FOS: LL

for coming to the poor logical deduction that we should lynch the cop.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

MOD: whats your timezone? that will help some of us know when the actual deadline is.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

canadianbovine wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
canadianbovine wrote:

Does that make sense?
"if i say i can protect the cop, the scum will not target the cop" So there going to hit a VT, or maybe at worst a vig. Or scum will just kill
you
tonight. no matter who gets killed, in this scenario we get a cop investigation -assuming no roleblocker-
that is what i said, "you" was referring to Jason, who last time i checked claimed doctor.
my bad, i didn't read the whole post.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Santos »

Whoa, we're going to lynch RECKONER (aka Kate) to prove if Richard Alpert (Jason) is scum as well?

This is a scum led mafia if I've ever seen one.

FoS: those who are advocating lynching Kate at all

Vote: VP Baltar
for apparently having no problem with lynching one of the most pro town roles ever.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:Whoa, we're going to lynch RECKONER (aka Kate) to prove if Richard Alpert (Jason) is scum as well?

This is a scum led mafia if I've ever seen one.

FoS: those who are advocating lynching Kate at all

Vote: VP Baltar
for apparently having no problem with lynching one of the most pro town roles ever.

fos
for suddenly giving a damn after practically NO participation

i think we just found some scum linking guys.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Santos »

How is saying Kate is pro town indicative of myself being scum?

Have you watched the show or researched it?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:How is saying Kate is pro town indicative of myself being scum?

Have you watched the show or researched it?

ALIGNMENT ON THE SHOW IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT IN THE GAME.

and even if it were, the mafia would have been given safe claims, so someone being a "good guy" on Lost, doesn't mean they will be a "good guy" here.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Santos »

I would rather lynch myself before lynching Kate. Also, why not let the claimed doc and cop live and see what type of results they provide the next day so we can have something more substantial to work with in cases to lynch/not lynch them?

1) Lynch RECKONER / Jason today proves only one's alignment
2) Not lynching RECKONER / Jason today obligates them to give us results.
This would just be a blatant bastardization of the game to fans who joined this game :p, but you are right. I cannot 'outthink' the mod. Touche', sir.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:
This would just be a blatant bastardization of the game to fans who joined this game :p, but you are right.
that's how theme games work.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Santos »

Also, if we're to follow the currently proposed route of lynching RECKONER today, then the scum have it easy taking out the 'claimed doctor'.

IMO, if Jason lives tonight, then it only casts more suspicion on himself. Right now he is in a lose/lose situation with only the possibility of protecting someone like the cop. I vote we leave him alone for today as well as the claimed cop and go after someone else.

ZONEACE, would you play this entire game believing scum have safe claims?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Santos wrote:Also, if we're to follow the currently proposed route of lynching RECKONER today, then the scum have it easy taking out the 'claimed doctor'.

IMO, if Jason lives tonight, then it only casts more suspicion on himself. Right now he is in a lose/lose situation with only the possibility of protecting someone like the cop. I vote we leave him alone for today as well as the claimed cop and go after someone else.

I will play this game believing show alignment has no bearing on game alignment.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Santos »

So if I 'safe claimed' as someone like Jin or Sun, would you think more of me as scum or town based off your belief?

canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

Santos wrote:So if I 'safe claimed' as someone like Jin or Sun, would you think more of me as scum or town based off your belief?
Sun is obv a mafia usurper, trying to kill godfather Ben.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Santos »

canadian, right away you're biased opinion of Ben does not work because I could easily keep whining that Kate is a good guy if we're to base this game off the show.

However, ^this is a good example as to why I believe we have to believe in at least SOME of the flavor of the game because Ben's alignment would be much more ambiguous as opposed to say...Kate's.

That's what I was meaning, btw, ZONEACE.

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Who you claim would have little to effect on me. How the claim sounds and fits in wih my understanding of the game is what is important. If you claimed Ben Linus I wouldn't auro vote you for claiming a "bad guy" I'd consider how it fit with everything else. How you play and interact has more Affect on my vote than what character you claim so I'm not going to start arguing semantics and saying how I'd respond you hypothetically claimed sun.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

canadianbovine wrote:
unvote: vote: jebus

Do not support an uncclaimed power role lynch on day 1.

FOS: LL

for coming to the poor logical deduction that we should lynch the cop.
I deduced that we should lynch Reckoner because he's incredibly scummy. He was scummy before his claim and he continues to be scummy after his claim. I didn't logically deduce that we should lynch the cop. However, if you look at the possible outcomes of the situation if Reckoner lives, it becomes apparent that his usefulness is highly limited:

At best we're going to get one result out of him, and that's if both he and Jason is telling the truth. If Jason's lying and Reckoner's telling the truth, Reckoner's dead. If the mafia have a roleblocker, Reckoner's dead/useless. If Reckoner's lying, we're giving scum an extra night (possibly two if he comes up with a guilty and we lynch his target to verify his result). Not only that, but we rush a late lynch on a third target (I think Jebus is now the vote leader), leaving very little time for a claim or debate over that claim.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Oh, and I'm with Zoneace, people should stop making assumptions about what the logical flavour for each character might be. Jason mentioned a game earlier he was in with Ben as the town cop. Read Family Guy Mafia for another good example of this - you'd never have picked out the characters who were in the mafia. Stewie was town, Bonnie was mafia, etc. Stop assuming that characters you think are pro-town are going to be town.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by Santos »

whoa, settle down.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Settle down? I'm just trying to dispel the notion that we shouldn't lynch someone because their character in Lost is what we would think is pro-town. What do you think of Reckoner, not his character, but Reckoner's play itself?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Santos wrote:Also, if we're to follow the currently proposed route of lynching RECKONER today, then the scum have it easy taking out the 'claimed doctor'.

This is a good point.

Anyway, just got back from the movie. It's fucking 4am so I'm not going to even try and make sense of 3-5 pages worth of stuff right now. Tomorrow sometime.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”