Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Quagmire »

Has it become a general consensus among people who have played with hasdgfas that he builds awful cases as town and scum? Because I seem to have noticed this.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Quagmire wrote:Has it become a general consensus among people who have played with hasdgfas that he builds awful cases as town and scum? Because I seem to have noticed this.
early game? yep
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Budja »

Ok, maybe it is more of a bad-reason vote than a random vote, It looks like the kind of reasoning that is used for semi-random votes.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Korts »

ChannelDelibird and Porochaz have been prodded. molestargazer is dangerously close.
scumchat never die
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Whoops.

I don't really have a problem with hasdgfas's vote. I like mine where it is.

Quag - are you suspicious of hasdgfas?
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Porochaz »

I didnt know I needed prodded. Apologies.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:24 am

Hi Prozac. Do you have an opinion?
#greenshirtthursdays
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

hasdgfas wrote:I have started going after so-called "jokes" recently, because of a bit of mafia theory I've started believing. That mafia subconsciously want to tell us they're mafia. So "jokes" and other things that are meant to be light-hearted are actually our subconscious getting out and telling the other players what our alignment is. Does that make sense at all? It's rather difficult to explain.
Eh, I can't say that I see that as a viable theory. I've seen many pro-town players make bad joke-votes in the RVS. As much as I hate arguments of meta, it would take a meta argument for me to go along with the thinking. (i.e. "curiouskarmadog never joke-votes as town, but does as scum")

As much as I agree that players should never be intentionally scummy for laughs, I can never follow through on stuff that happened in the RVS. I guess I tend to react to those I see as over-reacting.
Budja wrote:Just making sure my original vote went through. Any reason why I shouldn't be?
In such a small game, I'd like to think that those putting on the third vote might want to have a little more substance to their reasoning. Since you're correcting the mod, it seems like your vote for me was a little more serious then I originally gave it credit for. I realize you've unvoted now so it's kinda moot, but I don't care for your play there.
MacacityLock wrote:Why do you need any reason for him to want the vote count listed correctly?
Why are you re-asking a question than Budja just asked?
Quagmire wrote:Has it become a general consensus among people who have played with hasdgfas that he builds awful cases as town and scum? Because I seem to have noticed this.
Are you seriously expecting air-tight cases on the first few pages? hasdgfas' case may be weak, but it's kick-starting discussion. He's looking more town than you.

unvote
Vote: Quagmire
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Porochaz »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Hi Prozac. Do you have an opinion?
not at the moment. Will post usefully when I do.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Quag - are you suspicious of hasdgfas?
I don't know. Does hasdgfas always make bad cases? I'm inclined to believe yes considering the few games I've played with him, so I'm not suspicious. I don't get suspicious of anyone until a few pages in usually.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 am

Post by molestargazer »

KK wrote:RVS? Hasdgfas gave a serious reason for voting and so did I. Are you attempting to dismiss in-game content? If so, why?
"Dismiss in-game content"? Oh, please.
It was page 1, I doubt everyone had even checked in at that time. Whilst you may have counted the discussion as 'serious', to me it was your first post and it was still RVS.
hasdgfas wrote:because of a bit of mafia theory I've started believing. That mafia subconsciously want to tell us they're mafia.
Sounds almost freudian.
I know where you're coming from, but I don't believe it.
Budja wrote:Feels like a scummy attempt to return to RVS.
Don't like this post - it clearly wasn't an attempt to return to RVS.

Unvote
Vote: Kublai Khan

I may as well put a better vote on than a random one.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Budja wrote:Ok, maybe it is more of a bad-reason vote than a random vote, It looks like the kind of reasoning that is used for semi-random votes.
explain HOW my previous vote has ANYTHING to do with being semi-random...

my first vote was obviously jokey and random...but nothing about my second vote was random.

but lets say, for shits and giggles...it was. you are voting me because I want to return to the RVS? How is that scummy? How do you think as scum returning to RVS is helpful for scum?

your vote crap, and your reasoning to bandwagon is bogus.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Korts »

I will be on V/LA between 22 and 29; Vi has been very kind and offered to take over modding duties during my absence. So play nice, have fun, and I'll be back soon.
scumchat never die
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:but lets say, for shits and giggles...it was. you are voting me because I want to return to the RVS? How is that scummy? How do you think as scum returning to RVS is helpful for scum?
If you're trying to return to the RVS after some semi-serious to serious discussion started, then it really looks like you're trying to squash that discussion because you don't like the direction it's headed.

Budja's reasoning is sound, but I think his read is off.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Budja »

Kublai wrote:...then it really looks like you're trying to squash that discussion because you don't like the direction it's headed.
Basically what I meant.
CKD wrote: it was. you are voting me because I want to return to the RVS? How is that scummy? How do you think as scum returning to RVS is helpful for scum?
RVS = less discussion.
Not the best of reasons, true, but better than anything else so far.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Budja wrote:Just making sure my original vote went through. Any reason why I shouldn't be?
In such a small game, I'd like to think that those putting on the third vote might want to have a little more substance to their reasoning. Since you're correcting the mod, it seems like your vote for me was a little more serious then I originally gave it credit for. I realize you've unvoted now so it's kinda moot, but I don't care for your play there.
MacacityLock wrote:Why do you need any reason for him to want the vote count listed correctly?
Why are you re-asking a question than Budja just asked?
It's not the same question. He wanted to know why he shouldn't be correcting the mod. I want to know why you think he needs a reason at all. And you still haven't answered me.

Not only that, Budja wasn't the 3rd vote on you. I was. Why didn't you check that before calling Budja out? Does me being the 3rd change things for you? If so, how?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Quagmire »

Kublai Khan wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:but lets say, for shits and giggles...it was. you are voting me because I want to return to the RVS? How is that scummy? How do you think as scum returning to RVS is helpful for scum?
If you're trying to return to the RVS after some semi-serious to serious discussion started, then it really looks like you're trying to squash that discussion because you don't like the direction it's headed.

There's really not enough information out there to amke a legit case on anyone yet, but I really would appreciate it if people in general would stop using this kind of logic to implicate someone as mafia.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Quagmire »

Quagmire wrote:There's really not enough information out there to amke a legit case on anyone yet, so I know people are going to reach for cases, but I really would appreciate it if people in general would stop using this kind of logic to implicate someone as mafia.
This post should read like this.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:26 am

Prozac, how do you intend to form an opinion if not by engaging in discussion?
#greenshirtthursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:33 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Kublai Khan wrote:

not once in any game as scum or town, have I seen anyone try to return to the RVS stage? What about Bud reasoning do you think is sound..what is off?

==
more answers please.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Budja wrote:Ok, maybe it is more of a bad-reason vote than a random vote, It looks like the kind of reasoning that is used for semi-random votes.
explain HOW my previous vote has ANYTHING to do with being semi-random...
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:

not once in any game as scum or town, have I seen anyone try to return to the RVS stage? What about Bud reasoning do you think is sound..what is off?
Budja's reasoning that it would be scummy to push to return to RVS is valid. (Note: I've not seen anyone try to do such a thing either, however if it were done, I'd consider it to be more of a scum move than town)

Budja's read that you were trying to do such a thing is wrong.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Porochaz »

Quagmire wrote:
Quagmire wrote:There's really not enough information out there to amke a legit case on anyone yet, so I know people are going to reach for cases, but I really would appreciate it if people in general would stop using this kind of logic to implicate someone as mafia.
This post should read like this.
Love the fact you still spelt make wrong.

Plan to participate properly soon.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I decided to do a re-read and came up with a few questions and answers.

@hasdgfas (re: post 10): You FOSes molestargazer for voting someone for not voting. Could you expand on why you view this as scummy?

@Quagmire (29): Why do you feel that hasdgfas' reasoning behind his vote isn't legit?
@Quagmire (34): Why are you playing both sides of the discussion between curiouskarmadog and hasdgfas?
molestargazer 61 wrote:It was page 1, I doubt everyone had even checked in at that time. Whilst you may have counted the discussion as 'serious', to me it was your first post and it was still RVS.
So you've misinterpreted the tone of my posts so far this game and you're finding me scummy for calling you out on it?
MacavityLock (66) wrote:It's not the same question. He wanted to know why he shouldn't be correcting the mod. I want to know why you think he needs a reason at all. And you still haven't answered me.

Not only that, Budja wasn't the 3rd vote on you. I was. Why didn't you check that before calling Budja out? Does me being the 3rd change things for you? If so, how?
If I had made a random joke-vote and the mod missed it, I wouldn't really care and I'd just keep playing and eventually place a serious vote. I had thought that Budja's vote on me was random cause he didn't give a reason, but if he's correcting the mod, then maybe it was more serious then I had previously thought. My questioning him was a roundabout way to determine his intentions.

And he was making sure that I had 3 votes on me, so whether or not he's the chronologically third voter was kinda moot.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:11 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Kublai Khan, my bolding wrote:If I had made a random joke-vote and the mod missed it,
I wouldn't really care and I'd just keep playing and eventually place a serious vote.
I had thought that Budja's vote on me was random cause he didn't give a reason, but if he's correcting the mod, then maybe it was more serious then I had previously thought. My questioning him was a roundabout way to determine his intentions.
Really? You wouldn't want both the person you're voting for and the rest of the players to be fully aware of the fact that that person was at L-2?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”