Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So on what grounds would you ever lynch somebody day 1? Any scum with half a brain is going to claim some sort of PR. So, do you think we should just go around outting everyone's role before the end of day 1 until we find an actual vanilla and then lynch that person "just in case"?

Even if there is a roleblocker, I don't know if I would consider that balanced (though it would be moreso). Have you looked at the types of roles in the mods other games? From looking at those, does he seem like the type of mod who would put a doc +cop combo in a closed mini?

Also, who would you prefer to lynch today then?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Again... answer my question please,

Any reason why you keep avoiding it after hounding me to answer yours?

IF Reckoner flips cop, does that make me lying as claimed Doc?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Isn't it closer to 48 hours to deadline?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It is highly likely that you would be a liar in that situation, yes. Glad you see how annoying it is when people don't answer your questions though.
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Locke Lamora wrote:So tell us, Jason, what do you think we should do? We're less than 24 hours from the deadline, we shouldn't lynch you because you've claimed doctor, and we shouldn't lynch Reckoner because he's claimed cop. Any bright ideas?
How about lynching those who want to lynch an uncountered power role?

or

Lynching those who want to know information that could affect the scums NK actions and harm the town?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

VP Baltar wrote:It is highly likely that you would be a liar in that situation, yes. Glad you see how annoying it is when people don't answer your questions though.
God you really are feeding the scum aint you?

If he flips cop.. it is highly likely I am lying, scum then keeps me alive and I am lynched tomorrow as you feel I am lying because Reckoner telling truth

God could you please stop handing scum this game! unless of course this is what you want
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ya know, I am willing to bet that scum is sitting back laughing and loving this right now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

jason wrote:God you really are feeding the scum aint you?

If he flips cop.. it is highly likely I am lying, scum then keeps me alive and I am lynched tomorrow as you feel I am lying because Reckoner telling truth

God could you please stop handing scum this game! unless of course this is what you want
^That is exactly why I didn't respond to the question. I knew you were going to go, "OMG HE WANTS TO LYNCH ALL POWER ROLES!!!!"
VP Baltar wrote:So on what grounds would you ever lynch somebody day 1? Any scum with half a brain is going to claim some sort of PR. So, do you think we should just go around outting everyone's role before the end of day 1 until we find an actual vanilla and then lynch that person "just in case"?

Even if there is a roleblocker, I don't know if I would consider that balanced (though it would be moreso). Have you looked at the types of roles in the mods other games? From looking at those, does he seem like the type of mod who would put a doc +cop combo in a closed mini?
I would actually like answers to these.
YOUR AD HERE

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

OK right now I am going to give my opinion on who I think should be lynched

I have already made mention of what I feel
jasonT1981 wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:So tell us, Jason, what do you think we should do? We're less than 24 hours from the deadline, we shouldn't lynch you because you've claimed doctor, and we shouldn't lynch Reckoner because he's claimed cop. Any bright ideas?

or

Lynching those who want to know information that could affect the scums NK actions and harm the town?
which would be Locke or VP but looking on down at someone else so I am not just attacking my attackers so to speaK

Santos 12th Aug
Santos wrote:
confirmed

Please give me time to catch up.
Santos 13th ugust
Santos wrote:
Unvote

FoS: Locke Lamora
, because the evidence against you and your arguments refuting the accusations still make me think you've just been following along in this thread as pointed out by curiouskarmadog. However, as that is most of what is suspicious about you, I would rather keep my eye on you and what you do in the future as opposed to lynching you.

Also, its 7 votes to lynch right, with 12 being alive...6 votes +1 required for majority, etc.

Vote: RECKONER
for his initial reason to move a vote on Jason. Its too opportunistic.

Furthermore, ZONEACE, *facepalm* but I'm glad to see you're more cool headed.

Vp Baltar, hey hey, good to see you ;)

Everyone else and the questions posed to Drench, if you want them answered then please oblige me with presenting the cases again and I will do my best to answer for my predecessor's play, votes, etc.

*after hitting the preview button*

Unvote

I need a vote count and a confirmation of what L-??? we're at so far on RECKONER, please.

FoS: RECKONER
for the same reasons. Right now I'm not comfortable placing a vote in my first post of the game without a more recent vote count on my behalf, if you please :)

Cheers, I await questions, responses.
Very weird vote and unvote... As I have already said, he could have just taken out his vote if he seen the claim in preview.. but is trying here to make it look like he is doing the right thing

we here nothing until
Santos wrote:prod received. i don't have time to catch up at the moment; I will read the last few pages later.
that was monday (17th) where he says he is catching up....he is pressured to post and comes up with this yesterday (wednesday)
Santos wrote:Well, you can replace me or let me catch up.
Or we could lynch you? your vote / unvote is very weird...

however I am still very very open to a VP lynch, or a LL lynch.
VP Baltar wrote:So on what grounds would you ever lynch somebody day 1? Any scum with half a brain is going to claim some sort of PR. So, do you think we should just go around outting everyone's role before the end of day 1 until we find an actual vanilla and then lynch that person "just in case"?

I would actually like answers to these.[/quote][/quote]

I am not going to second guess the mod in how he sets the game up.

If I had claimed vanilla (which I was considering BTW) would I have been lynched?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Porochaz wrote:Jason - 5 - Juls, ChannelDelibird, Locke Lamora, canadianbovine, Zoneace
Emptyger - 2 - VP Baltar, xReckonerx,
Jebus - 1 - Emptyger
LockeLamora - 1 - curiouskarmadog

Not Voting:
Santos, Jebus, Jason

Please note, insults wont be tolerated.

Deadline will be in 24 hours and 18 minutes.
I think you're right, VP, it is more like 48 hours. Every post up to this said August 22nd at 3PM.
Mod: can we get a clarification on how long it is until the deadline?

Jason: you what? You were considering claiming vanilla? Are you still expecting us to believe you're the doctor after that? Also, if you want a Santos lynch, place a Santos vote.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

you know I did not want to claim doctor and was very hesitant to do so. I was considering claiming Vanilla so as to guarentee being able to protect someone in the night.

as I said, you want to lynch me... lynch me... as for my vote. Happy where it is thank you

Believe me or not if you wish. I don't care
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

jason wrote:If I had claimed vanilla (which I was considering BTW) would I have been lynched?
Depends on if it would have seemed believable, but probably because it wouldn't be the current cop/doc thing and I would be more inclined to believe reckoner then.

re: outguessing the mod--there are not generally "facts" in mafia games to go on and most of what you lynch people over ends up being speculation and what you feel the optimal play is. I'm saying the mod has a history of making setups that are reasonably balanced. There is little reason to believe that this game would be any different.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jason, what do you think of Reckoner's push for a lynch on you after you claimed?
YOUR AD HERE

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm pretty sure you would have been lynched if you'd claimed vanilla, and if by some miracle you hadn't, you'd have been lynched if you ever claimed doctor later on in the game (in a massclaim situation, for example). Lying about roles is not pro-town.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

VP Baltar wrote:Jason, what do you think of Reckoner's push for a lynch on you after you claimed?
to be honest, I touched on this a bit.. I did feel it was very weird for him to call in to question the possibility of Richard being Doc and how it didn't fit considering he claimed cop as Kate who does not fit either.

The reason I am leaning towards believing his claim (besides being uncountered) is the fact that when I saw my own role and character I chuckled thinking Richard didn't really fit either in the Doc role aside from taking Ben to the temple in S5 to save his life.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'm pretty sure you would have been lynched if you'd claimed vanilla, and if by some miracle you hadn't, you'd have been lynched if you ever claimed doctor later on in the game (in a massclaim situation, for example). Lying about roles is not pro-town.
I was hesitant about claiming Doc because I did'nt want to have hypo) cop/doc outed on day 1.. I thought about this actually, and how it would affect the outcome in a LyoL situation and thought well if I am to claim I would be caught out and cost the town the game.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Jason: if Reckoner hadn't claimed cop, would he still be your top lynch target? If your own role matched your character more closely, would you still want to lynch him even with the cop claim?

People need to make their minds up now. There's less than 48 hours to the deadline (regardless of which deadline post you look at) so we really need to see a definitive decision from everyone after this claim from Jason too. We do get a lynch even without a majority but I don't want to see people sliding by and not voting at this stage and given that Jason has claimed now I want to hear what everyone has to say on the matter.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Honestly LL yes, if he had not claimed I would have supported his lynch.. I had been making points for his lynch in the lead up to his claim.

As for wanting him lynched if my role matched the character more? i am not sure, I have played in games where someone claimed Ben Linus - Town cop and was actually telling the Truth. I guess it was at the mods discretion who he wanted to use at what or he randomly assigned the characters the roles through a role generator rather than go by the shows characters/ characters said roles....

I would have thought Jack as Doc and Sawyer as cop in this game... but alas no by the looks of it. So I am not going to start actively speculating on someone being scum or not based on the role compared to the show character.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

jasonT1981 wrote:
WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO COUNTER A POWER ROLE CLAIM ON DAY ONE? NO PR WITH ANY BRAINS WOULD COUNTER A SCUM CLAIM DAY 1 AND OUT THEMSELF. THAT'S JUST STUPID.. SO IF WE JUST MOVED ON FROM EVERY UNCOUNTERER POWERCLAIM WE'D LIKELY NEVER LYNCH ANYONE, WHICH IS DISTINCTLY BAD FOR THE TOWN.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Zone, who do you want to lynch and why?
YOUR AD HERE

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Jason and Reckoner. The play from both of them today I would classify as anti-town and i don't really believe either claim.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

But with 48 hrs from lynch, that isn't really telling us who you want lynched more and why you would prefer that person. Which of them do you think is a better choice.
YOUR AD HERE

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

VP:
VP Baltar [342] wrote:Outguess the mod isn't all that useful of a game to play.
<snip>
VP Baltar [511] wrote:<snip>
re: outguessing the mod--there are not generally "facts" in mafia games to go on and most of what you lynch people over ends up being speculation and what you feel the optimal play is. I'm saying the mod has a history of making setups that are reasonably balanced. There is little reason to believe that this game would be any different.
(Your cue to start attacking me for making baseless accusations, or somesuch.)

I mean, according to you, one of {Reckoner, Jason} is lying because:
(a) a detail in Jason's role that Jason hasn't actually said and
(b) you apparently don't think the mod has ever heard of mafia roleblockers?

And for all you say about "site meta" and "balanced games", the newbie cop+doctor+mafia+roleblocker setup seems to be a clear indication otherwise.

That's... a bit too much on the far-fetched side for me. And this is the second time that you reasoning has, in my opinion, taken a huge tumble to get to the conclusion.

Jason:
Why did you *breadcrumb* if you really did not want to claim?
jasonT1981 [517] wrote:Honestly LL yes, if he had not claimed I would have supported his lynch.. I had been making points for his lynch in the lead up to his claim.
<snip>
If that's how you felt when Reckoner claimed- then why would you say "you want my role, you lynch me" when a significant number of people wanted to do just that?

Yes, I know the reasons you gave:
jasonT1981 [440] wrote:<snip>
that is why I
DID NOT
want to claim... I did not want to have the doc and cop outed on day 1... Also it now gives the scum a great advantage.
<snip>
But you were willing to be lynched instead of claiming. Which per your logic should outs the doc and cop day 1 even worse, and gives the scum an even greater advantage. So how do those reasons explain your actions?

Reckoner:
xRECKONERx [456] wrote:1. Richard Applet =/= Richard Alpert
2. Why the bolded red font to describe his claim?
3. In S5, Alpert wasn't really the doctor. He took Ben into a temple and supposedly healed him even though we never saw Ben again the rest of that season, and when he patched up Locke's leg, he was just doing what Futurelocke was telling him to do. Richard doesn't fit the doctor claim IMO.
Remind us again what your reasoning was for voting me? I *really* want to hear the reasons you have for asking these questions, given how voteworthily useless you declared my "a vs. the" question.

LL:
Locke Lamora [516] wrote:<snip>
People need to make their minds up now. There's less than 48 hours to the deadline (regardless of which deadline post you look at) so we really need to see a definitive decision from everyone after this claim from Jason too. We do get a lynch even without a majority but I don't want to see people sliding by and not voting at this stage and given that Jason has claimed now I want to hear what everyone has to say on the matter.
Coincidentally, I'm already voting Jebus.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Emp, you really think the mod would just copy the F11 setup for his themed game? When was the last time you saw a small theme with a doc and a cop in it?

Say lurker Jebus isn't the lynch today, who would you like to see strung up?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Also,

A) whose fault is it that detail wasn't revealed? I asked repeatedly. I even said please.
B) I actually mentioned a roleblocker earlier, but convenient of you to ignore that. Still doesn't mean cop/doc combination isn't fucking stupid and unlikely.

re: the quotes you cite--yep, more out of context BS considering what was being talked about in those "outguess the mod" subjects was entirely different (one about role pms and one about setups given the mod's meta, iirc)...but that is no doubt irrelevant for your hunt of all things
scummy
hypocritical!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”