California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Rawr Hydra »

/confirm

Kore will have to make us a new avatar later.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

Checking in briefly, can someone IM Kore and tell her to log onto MS? I'm away from my own computer this week, don't have AIM and this P.O.S. machine won't run the web based version of it.

-OGML
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Hello. I'm on narcotic painkillers to handle postsurgical complications, and OGML is on a road trip or something, and that's why we haven't posted.

I've read the thread, but I can't think clearly enough to contribute anything meaningful. If there are specific questions I can answer, or a particular issue I think I can manage, I will try to focus enough to address them.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Hi again, everyone. Sorry to be so absent, but I'm getting worse faster than I'm getting better. I'm going back in to have the wound checked up on, but they can't get me in immediately.

Cursory glance at the votecount at the top of this page:
don't know either way for KY Krew, not enough interaction to observe;
elmosaur seems town, looking helpful so far;
don't think Goofloons is scum, nothing seemed out of place;
iffy about zwet being so careful and reactive.

On the MafiaJin issue, my first instinct says he just put himself onstage to be the first to try out the new game mechanic. Is he (either of him) normally a person who carefully considers night power possibilities, or does he usually hold the daylight play in higher regard?

I really need to go back to bed now.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

I don't think we have to worry too much about clarifying things on camera; Valentine driving looked like a foregone conclusion from about page 2. Everyone's arguments seem like piling cardboard on to delay until we're ready for them to go, honestly.

What I'd like to know, though, is what everyone's voting would be if we included the on-camera players in them. If we have more of a consensus for an on-camera player, we should switch them out and go after them, shouldn't we do that? I've seen people express suspiscion for people on-camera, and people suggest switching, but unless we lay down something a little more concrete, it's just weeds in the river.

More relevantly, I'm not especially comfortable with zwet's posting patterns. No doubt it's been said, but he's not very prolific in this game, and his posts are longer, more careful, and more reactive. He's only got 7% of the posts, and while that's not significant underposting, since he makes up 8% of the posters, doesn't he normally overrepresent by large degrees? He also seems a lot more concerned than he normally does; I remember him largly ignoring the focus he received in other games.

I still don't see that there's much to say about KY Krew. What's there to be said has already been said. The only point of interest is the varying degrees of enthusiasm to which the wagoners follow this wagon. I feel like the more protown players (Gaspar, elmosaur, Orbots) are not as focused on it as the others, whom I don't see as quite as innocent.

On the subject of voting, I'm sorry to not be, but as I keep repeating, I'm not doing so well, and I haven't been able to contact my other head. Here's this in the meantime: zwetschenwasser, ShadowLurker, KY Krew, Seraphim, GoofballsAndBaloons, Bagel Eating Cowfrog, Thok, Gaspar, Might Orbots, elmosaurian.

Also, at the risk of encouraging a problem by giving attention to it, I want to make sure everyone's cautious about voting a player past -2, with Mister Married To Hammers in the thread. If you need to put someone at an operative -1, just state clearly that you would vote them.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Oh, good, a quote war. Just what I always wanted.

I repeat what I thought previously: the majority of the onstage interaction seemed to me like posting for the sake of posting; the choice was already fairly obvious and the players needed something to talk about while they waited an indeterminate amount of time for us to finish on this end of things. Talilan's posts did not stand out as an exception to this. Talilan's offstage posts are not exactly inspiring, though.

That said, I don't really see the Gasparsaurian connection. They're just agreeing, nothing more. While
I
disagree with them, I can see where they're coming from, and it doesn't strike me as informed manipulation in any sense.

I would like to post more, but my internet just went down for something like 20 minutes, and I think if I don't get this post in while it's up, I won't get one in at all. Hopefully tomorrow the connection will be more stable.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Bagel's pretty much covered what I wanted to say about Valentine (which is that Panzer stated fairly clearly what he was told) and what I wanted to say about Locke (that the decision outcomes are likely independent of player alignment).

On the alleged WIFOM:
I thought there were more people on MafiaJin's tail than on Talilan's? I actually came to a similar conclusion to GAB, because it seemed to me no one was
really
beefing with Talilan before the sudden switch. It's only after, when the sparks started flying, that anyone expressed suspicion of Talilan such certainty as was associated with MafiaJin.

Like you said, Gaspar, it's moot if they have the same alignment, and KY Krew saw them both as equal choices, but I think the general focus was more on MafiaJin at the time, wasn't it? If they're both scum, it doesn't make sense for him to toss us the partner under less scrutiny. If they're both town, it doesn't make sense for him to give us the "wrong" one.
Gaspar wrote:When I said that I thought Talilan would give an "flavor/acting" explanation for her behavior, I thought to myself "it would actually be good if she said she needed to put pressure the decision to force the On-Camera players to provide her alignment insight." [...] Apparently this wasn't Talilan's agenda, though.
What makes you think it wasn't?

And why are we still talking about elmosaur not finishing a sentence? That's as minor as a particularly strangely placed typo, IMHO, and should be treated as such.

By the way, I'm very sick again today (for reasons unrelated to my surgery). And yesterday, incidentally, but I didn't have time to mention it. Sigh. The power that be don't want me to play in this game.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Perhaps I'm heavily biased towards it, because it was my own theory, but Talitha seems to have supported that she was essentially making conversation. Even if she didn't put it in so many words, the classic motivation for that is to get people talking and providing a chance to analyse them for their alignment, isn't it?
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

PJ, I think the reason why it was brought up that the odds of both advocates being scum is miniscule is because you seem to be implying (as you said again recently) that following Locke could be the "good" choice. Both advocates are pointing us towards Valentine. Why would both of them lie to us, unless both of them are scum?

@Gaspar: I must have missed that. I don't remember any intra-hydra sharing. Could you point me to it?
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Information lynch? Saying someone is a good "information" lynch, as far as I know, usually means "they're town, but their death will serve us". It is essentially excusing oneself if they flip town, because a better lynch wasn't available. If you're very certain he's scum, Talilan, it shouldn't be an "information" lynch.

Glork, it says in the rules that any Something Else players in a scene will have full knowledge of the choices available.

By the way, guys, I'm going back in for surgery follow-up tomorrow, so I likely won't have time for the game again. I'm sorry my participation has been so erratic, but I kind of expected OGML to, you know, actually play. I joined this game with no intention of soloing it.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Those are the five players that are scheduled to go on as dictated by the script, not the ones that the director picked. The director picks four in addition to those already going on.
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

I am pretty satisfied with MafiaJin's latest post. That pretty much clears up everything I was unsure about. I'd like to see Gaspar's response to it, though, considering he was the one calling the director's original decision into such question. It's too bad he's gone for the weekend. (Speaking of latest posts and Gaspar's responses, I think Gaspar spent his most recent post focusing a liiiittle too hard on a strange detail like that, if he's not going to manage much to get much in this weekend.)

@MafiaJin - (Correct if inaccurate:) You think the scum are trying to unseat you with all due haste. Do you think this implies anything about the current assistant director (curiouskarmadog)?

As for the onstage problem, I'm a little uncertain as to whether it should be handled precisely like the Monty Hall problem. After all, the Advocate presumably has some information as to which door they're going to be picking, making it a non-random choice. Or maybe not? Now that I look at the script, it doesn't actually
say
the Advocate gets any information.

scene 1 (advocate)
director pick

(curiouskarmadog), (Panzerjager), hewitt, StarKiss, Thesp;
Talilan, ThebladethatkiledMufasa, MafiaJin, Sottyrulez
Rawr Hydra
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Rawr Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Rawr Hydra »

(Kore)

Oops, that last bit there snuck into the post from my notes somehow.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”