Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I'm still looking for replacements. PMing some people.

Day 2 Vote Count

The Replacement -
(veerus)
veerus -
(Rally Vincent)
charter -
(Battle Mage)
Kelly Chen -
(populartajo)
Shotty to the Body -
(Kelly Chen)

Not voting: Kid Know Nothing, Shotty to the Body, The Replacement, Kise, charter

With 10 alive it will take 6 to lynch.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

charter wrote:Reread Shotty and he doesn't look that good. I can see him as either original scum or infected.
40 is incredibly scummy.

He has agreed with me on almost everything, which I don't really think makes a whole lot of sense due to my stance on FA yesterday. I also find the fact that he has not voted at all today scummy.

Shotty, why have you not voted today? Who are you most suspicious of and why?

unvote
Argh, I am really torn here. Shotty doesn't look very good. He definately hasn't been looking for or trying to lynch scum today. I also kind of get the feeling that he's waiting for someone to get to L-1 and speedhammer then suicide tonight.

I am like 95% sure at least one of Replacement and Shotty is scum after rereading him, but unfortunately we only get one shot at this.
What changed your mind about me being original scum? That makes no sense. If I was original scum I would not have hammered FA, taken the NL for D1 and killed myself, leaving Malthisus + Recruited while the town wasted another day trying to kill FA.

I haven't voted because both my targets are essentially no goes. I don't want to vote The Replacement until he is replaced or we're backed against a deadline and I think BM is the other scum to be honest. Who forgets their guard power? I think BM was the guard or the guard got infected so he's safe using that claim to blow through today. He claimed at 3 votes which kept any sort of real wagon from forming before two people jumped off. Now he's just laying low while we lynch someone else so he can suicide. Voting him now is pointless because I won't get a lynch on a guard claim despite the fact all he's done today is lurk after he made his claim. The scum won't forget that he's guard if he really is so he should be doing everything he can to post a lot and be pro-town right now. Assuming we have a scientist and he targets BM that won't make a difference, but I don't want to participate in a mislynch while we wait.

Why in the name of God would I be sitting around to speed-lynch suicide? I haven't been near the top of anyone's list until just recently, I simply have no reason to do that even as scum. That's all WIFOM however so I'm not going into it further. What gave you that feeling? Is that just some hunch or what?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by charter »

Your post 366 is horribly scummy now that FA has flipped scum and Kise was on board FA for a long time.
You only took the FA lynch as an absolute last resort. It looks like you promised to vote for whoever to ensure a lynch in 366, and then when that turned out to be FA, you really had no choice but to bus. Had you not hammered, it's possible someone else could have, and you would look scummy. If FA wasn't lynched that day, it's possible he would have suicided, which would incriminate you. If he didn't suicide, he'd probably get lynched today. It seems like you were stuck in between a rock and hard place.
You were voting veerus for a very long time.

This all assumes you are scum, but that's what I'm trying to figure out.

You haven't voted at all today, which is scummy, and you've just parroted all my suspicions. As for why I think you're waiting to speedlynch, it's because you're being vague about a lot of things and aren't committing to anyone, so it looks to me like you're keeping all your options open.

No, no no. The more I read over your posts from today, the more I get scumvibes off of you. A lot of your posts ARE trying to feel out where others stand, and you really look like you're just trying to fit in.

376 - This said nothing. You didn't even give your opinion on how many scum you thought we had left, but left it up for others to supply the answer. You don't even ever follow up on this, but let others duke it out.
400 - Feeling out RV to see where he stands on Veerus.
462 - Feeling out BM, gave no opinion of your own.
480 - Softly accuses me of rolefishing, backs down after called out on it. Also backs down on calling me out, even though I should have been.
494 - I will have to come back to this, but he's agreeing with RV that veerus had to bus. Once again, veerus is probably the least likely original scum after tajo.
496 - No, at this point I am pretty sure Shotty is scum. He is trying to get me to believe that veerus is a viable infected.
519 - More fitting in and agreeing.
583 - He ignores a pretty huge discussion and latches on to my speedlynch Replacement plan. Up until this point, I had been thinking both were good candidates for scum, but this pushes Shotty to the top slot.

Kelly raises some excellent points. Consider my vote on you Shotty, but I no longer want to lynch without replacements coming in. I can see him as either original or infected, since his play today is extremely scummy, and it was questionable at the end of yesterday (I can see it coming from either town or scum) but your play today I don't see as town at all.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:41 pm

That theory all hinges on someone else showing up, as you correctly noted before that lynch it took everyone there to do it, I could've easily held off on lynching FA without much risk there.

How is being informed scummy? The only way to figure out other people is to keep track of their opinions, so when someone switches a vote without much explanation it makes sense to ask them why. I didn't try to convince RV to change his vote, he simply didn't supply any reasons so I wanted to know where he was coming from. He'd only mentioned FA once in recent memory up to that point.

What major discussion was I ignoring? The posts about KKN? I was still waiting for Chen's post explanation post about why she voted me so I could respond, why do I get crucified for not deflecting?

By the way I asked you why not voting today was scummy, and all you did was reiterate that it was. Both the people I think are scum are hardly lynchable so my vote doesn't mean shit, afaik you gave up on your BM suspicions for today which I disagree, I agree with your Replacement suspicions. If I had voted I'd be getting crucified for going for an easy lynch on two people not here for the most part (BM) or not at all (The Replaced). cwutididthar?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by charter »

Shotty to the Body wrote:That theory all hinges on someone else showing up, as you correctly noted before that lynch it took everyone there to do it, I could've easily held off on lynching FA without much risk there.
I don't think it does. You made your promise to ensure a lynch a ways before deadline, then I feel like you had no chance but to honor it. This whole argument is WIFOM, so it's largely pointless. However, if there was a no lynch by one vote and you weren't on, you'd come under fire the next day. If FA suicided that night, you'd be lynched for sure. If FA lived through the night, he would come under heavy fire the next day, as would you. Hammering I think is a null tell, what was suspicious was you trying to get someone besides FA lynched.
Shotty wrote:How is being informed scummy?
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here.
Shotty wrote:What major discussion was I ignoring? The posts about KKN? I was still waiting for Chen's post explanation post about why she voted me so I could respond, why do I get crucified for not deflecting?
Myself, Kelly, and RV were posting significant thoughts on most players. I believe Kise chimed in as well. You didn't really say what you thought on anyone, just popped in to question why you were being voted.
Shotty wrote:By the way I asked you why not voting today was scummy, and all you did was reiterate that it was. Both the people I think are scum are hardly lynchable so my vote doesn't mean shit, afaik you gave up on your BM suspicions for today which I disagree, I agree with your Replacement suspicions. If I had voted I'd be getting crucified for going for an easy lynch on two people not here for the most part (BM) or not at all (The Replaced). cwutididthar?
Not voting is scummy because then no one knows where you actually stand on people. Also scummy because scum like to stall/lurk until they get a good feel of where everyone is at, and then start talking in order to benefit themselves. Voting for The Replacement would have been totally acceptable, as would voting BM. That right there is practically a scumfession, refusing to vote because you're afraid of the consequences. No one has been crucified for placing a vote and I can't see a townie being afraid of voting.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by veerus »

Anti-prod. Sorry, I have not had much time for analysis of my own, but looking over the case on shotty versus the case on mokina/replacement, it seems to me that shotty's posting really deteriorated in D2 implying infection while mokina/replacement's posts (as originally pointed out by charter) seem to imply original scum. Both cases are strong and when the replacement gets replaced, we should hopefully have sufficient information to determine which is more likely.
unvote
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

tubby216 replaces Kid Know Nothing.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by charter »

THANK YOU!

Welcome tubby!

veerus, at this current point, who do you think is more likely to be infected, Replacement, Shotty, or someone else? Why?

Basically, you're going to need to post something original instead of following me.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:53 pm

charter wrote:
Shotty wrote:That theory all hinges on someone else showing up, as you correctly noted before that lynch it took everyone there to do it, I could've easily held off on lynching FA without much risk there.
I don't think it does. You made your promise to ensure a lynch a ways before deadline, then I feel like you had no chance but to honor it. This whole argument is WIFOM, so it's largely pointless. However, if there was a no lynch by one vote and you weren't on, you'd come under fire the next day. If FA suicided that night, you'd be lynched for sure. If FA lived through the night, he would come under heavy fire the next day, as would you. Hammering I think is a null tell, what was suspicious was you trying to get someone besides FA lynched.
I didn't try to lynch anyone else or convince people otherwise, the wagons were equal and RV didn't post much about PP/Kise or FA up to that point so I asked him why he voted one over the other.

charter wrote:
Shotty wrote:How is being informed scummy?
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here.
By asking people where they stand you become informed, I've been repeatedly criticized for asking people for their thoughts. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.
charter wrote:
Shotty wrote:What major discussion was I ignoring? The posts about KKN? I was still waiting for Chen's post explanation post about why she voted me so I could respond, why do I get crucified for not deflecting?
Myself, Kelly, and RV were posting significant thoughts on most players. I believe Kise chimed in as well. You didn't really say what you thought on anyone, just popped in to question why you were being voted.
No one asked me to give a run-down of every player in the game, you were all answering each others questions, RV was the only one who gave a complete rundown of LoS and doing that gives scum a target list of who's "infectable" and who isn't.
charter wrote:
Shotty wrote:By the way I asked you why not voting today was scummy, and all you did was reiterate that it was. Both the people I think are scum are hardly lynchable so my vote doesn't mean shit, afaik you gave up on your BM suspicions for today which I disagree, I agree with your Replacement suspicions. If I had voted I'd be getting crucified for going for an easy lynch on two people not here for the most part (BM) or not at all (The Replaced). cwutididthar?
Not voting is scummy because then no one knows where you actually stand on people. Also scummy because scum like to stall/lurk until they get a good feel of where everyone is at, and then start talking in order to benefit themselves. Voting for The Replacement would have been totally acceptable, as would voting BM. That right there is practically a scumfession, refusing to vote because you're afraid of the consequences. No one has been crucified for placing a vote and I can't see a townie being afraid of voting.
Right, townies never worry about the consequences of their actions, by trying to avoid something scummy I do something scummy? Pushing for an easy lynch is easily twisted into something scummy. There's your rock and a hard place.

Vote: The Replacement

If I had to choose BM should be countered by either PR in the game so Replace is my choice. Have at it, watch me get criticized for voting now.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by veerus »

charter wrote:Basically, you're going to need to post something original instead of following me.
But you make so much sense..... :( I'll try to read through in the next couple days.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by charter »

Well, I don't really agree with most of what Shotty said, but I don't think going back and forth with him is going to accomplish anything.

Shotty, what are your reasons for voting Replacement?

veerus, you didn't say who you find most suspicious, you didn't say anything at all. Still waiting on this...

Battle Mage, who of Replacement or Shotty would you rather lynch and why?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by populartajo »

If this were a normal game, we could have already won this . Infections are going to make this harder than I thought.

Town

veerus
Rally Vincent
Battle Mage (he confirms or dies by real guard)
charter
Shotty to the Body
Kise

Possible infections

Kelly Chen
The Replacement

Possible original scum

KNK /tubby216

I really think Kelly is more probable infected than Mokina. The Replace is also a possiblity but Im willing to take the risk. Also if we are looking for original scum, we should be looking at KNK, now tubby. Yesterday his defense of fallen angel was illogical. His posts today have been crap and less energetic than yesterday. Im smelling pessimistic scum.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by charter »

Shotty wrote:By asking people where they stand you become informed, I've been repeatedly criticized for asking people for their thoughts. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.
I agree, nothing scummy with that, what's scummy with you is that you aren't making your position known when you question other people on where they stand. It looks to the rest of us like you are trying to get a feel for where everyone stands so that you can appease the greatest number of people. You don't seem to be forming opinions until other people state what their opinions are which IS scummy.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by charter »

Tajo, why do you think Shotty is town? I urge you to go back and look at his posts, especially those today, and tell us what you think after that.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by populartajo »

Something in day 1 made me think he was prob town. I need to go back and check what was it. I dont think he is also a good target for infection but anyways, Ill check.

In the meanwhile, why do you think he is scum?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by charter »

populartajo wrote:In the meanwhile, why do you think he is scum?
Kelly raised some good points. I highlighted what I thought was scummy in 602, and I think his play day two has been very scummy.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Your post 540 pretty much sold me on the Replacement charter, the PRs should be able to wrap this up if we make the correct lynch. Out of the pair I think are scum he's the logical choice. The BM situation should take care of itself via guard or sci and you posted several compelling reasons that the Replacement could've been scum. Poptajo's pairing also makes sense though, Chen and KKN have had each other's backs. KKN 472 defends Chen against BM, which was his last post before disappearing if that means anything to you all, and Chen has been calling KKN town for reasons only she understands since 566. I can see either one of those pairings being logical, but my money is with the BM/Replacement for the lynch. Even if we mislynch the Replacement, BM shoots Chen or KKN in the face and we get another scum down. I'm really reserved about BM's claim though, his post 534 was ecstatic when someone else suggested he be left alone and he's done nothing but lurk since. His one post, 595, pretty much assures me that KC scum and BM scum are mutually exclusive.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

608 vote duly criticized as ass-saving.

poptajo, can you at least see my opinion on Kid, that his illogical defense of fallen (as you agree it was) was too blatant and too pointless to be a scum's move. If he was scum with fallen he should've dropped that issue as soon as he saw that it was going nowhere.

Shotty do you have any reason to think Kid is scum other than his 472 and my calling him town? I can't find that you ever commented on Kid before this.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:15 am

Post by tubby216 »

hiya folks alot of familar faces in this one,

please give me some time to read up toda will post thoughts soonest,

in the mean time anthing i should look for or answer for??
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:51 am

Post by charter »

tubby, you are on thin ice, your replacing in post better have some good thought.

I am disappointed that Shotty parroted off me his reasons for voting Replacement. Also, he tries to agree with tajo that Kelly and KKN could be scum as well, which I don't remember him ever saying before. Not a good post at all. Also, I'm wary that he's trying to tell BM who to shoot. I've wanted to scream at BM who he should shoot, but with BM being BM, there's not much we can do.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:22 am

charter has target fixation now, no matter what I post he's seeing it as scummy.

What else am I supposed to say about it charter? You worked all the angles on Mokina and that evidence is pretty thick, I don't see how you can think the original scum case on me is stronger than that one considering you were confident enough to say Mokina was definitely 100% scum yesterday. I pointed out two posts that could tie KKN and Chen together, it was relevant to the case pairing pop mentioned so I thought I would post it so the town could make their own opinions. I fucking said I think Replacement/BM is the scum pair and I've been saying that, I'm not omniscient so I had to consider the possibility tajo has the correct pairing and I don't, so I posted something about it. I don't give a shit who BM shoots because I don't think he's actually a guard, that's just a possible scenario if I'm wrong and pop is right.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 am

Post by charter »

I was hoping you would say what specifically you agreed with rather than saying "I agree with charter".
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 am

Mostly Mokina's D1 play, in retrospect. She was not on the FA wagon, she buddied harcore and encouraged confidence in FA early in the day, and did nothing but policy votes on lurkers. Like I said, your post 540 was pretty damning and I didn't find anything different when I re-read D1.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

tubby216 wrote:in the mean time anthing i should look for or answer for??
charter 602 is quite good 8-)
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 am

Charter's 540 actually pertains to you and has some points you should probably answer tubby.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”