Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Raskol »

It seems unlikely that the mafia wouldn't have tried to kill anyone. We probably do have a doc.

I would definitely be interested in hearing from Exalt what made him so sure of it last night, though.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Exalt »

Oh look, theres a doctor, and exalt gets called scum for saying that yesterday? Do I really have to explain this?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Of course, it could still be the case that the mafia couldn't decide on a target in time, and therefore no one was nk'ed. This is the less likely situation, but is still possible. I don't think Exalt saying he thinks there is a doc is scummy at all. If he thinks there's a doc, he thinks there's a doc. He didn't throw out any names, he didn't say who the doc should protect, he just said he thinks there's a doc, and look, he was right. Could be like I said, and he noticed a breadcrumb, or it could be that he has insider knowledge on the setup, like everyone else seems to think. My read on him is still town, and I don't like this fairly roundabout logic people are using to twist Exalt into being scummy. Because something he speculated about was true when it had a 50% chance of being so, he's scum?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Raskol »

Exalt wrote:Oh look, theres a doctor, and exalt gets called scum for saying that yesterday? Do I really have to explain this?
Of course you have to explain it. As far as any of us were concerned yesterday, it was a 50/50 shot that we had a doctor. All we knew was that we had a cop.

Yet you seemed to know more than everyone else. How is that?
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Katy »

Exalt wrote:Oh look, theres a doctor, and exalt gets called scum for saying that yesterday? Do I really have to explain this?
Yeah, I think you do. I mean, we could speculate but whichever way we speculate we may come to the wrong conclusion and it will probably harm the town if we do.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Exalt »

Raskol wrote:
Of course you have to explain it. As far as any of us were concerned yesterday, it was a 50/50 shot that we had a doctor. All we knew was that we had a cop.

Yet you seemed to know more than everyone else. How is that?
Ever heard of breadcrumbs? I'm not going to out who I think is the doctor simply to explain it. I'll just say I had a good feeling based on what I've read in the posts.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Exalt »

Oh, and when I wasn't here on that friday... I stated I was going to a cubs game on the tuesday before it... I'm still wondering why people attacked me for not being here when I clearly stated I was V/LA for the day in earlier posts.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Raskol »

I don't remember seeing any doc breadcrumbs. Hell, I just re-read the thread and I still don't see any. I find it odd that you think you did. Were you were looking for them?

In any case, if you saw breadcrumbs and thought they were so clear that they were enough to make you confident there was a doc, why on earth would you announce that? All you're going to do (if you're town) is tip off scum that someone has been leaving breadcrumbs, since that's the only way you could know (if you're town) that there's a doc. That puts the doc in danger.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Raskol »

Also---Kirbyoshi, why don't you let Exalt defend himself from now on? I don't like that you're feeding him excuses.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, I guess I'll stop, but I'll say again I read Exalt as town, for the reasons I've already stated just toDay.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Raskol »

That will be better for now, thanks.

Now, do you think you could let us know your top two or three suspects, as of right now?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I honestly have no idea.

The best I can come up with right now is that YDK and Pom held their votes on each other for a long time, and they've been sort of critical of each other. Maybe a forced distancing? But I'm probably just grasping at straws.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Raskol »

Really? So what happened to your case on Pom from yesterday?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I'm actually not sure, but that, combined with what I just said, and the fact she's been lurking D2, she may be a decent choice for first vote. Anyone disagree before I put the vote down?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Hi Kirby. As far as lurking, I'm posting more than other people D2. Could you make a short summary of your case against me?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

My bad, it seems you have posted a fair amount D2, so I'll probably hold off on my vote, but still...
Pomegranate wrote:This is just weird. Do we have a doc?...I wonder who adam investigated last night.
There's too much going on in this post, too many different directions. It seems kind of forced. Does anyone else see that?
Pomegranate wrote:The mafia roleblocked themselves in order to make it appear as though there is a doc, so that if one of them is close to lynch, he/she can claim doc.
If the mafia RB'ed themselves (if that's possible), and since adam claimed cop, there has to be a doc, there's no "appearing" otherwise. Now, maybe the mafia could have refrained from NK-ing last Night for this same reason, but it seems unlikely.

I think Pom is still #1 on my list, but there's not much to go on D2 so far. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Kirbyoshi wrote:My bad, it seems you have posted a fair amount D2, so I'll probably hold off on my vote, but still...
Pomegranate wrote:This is just weird. Do we have a doc?...I wonder who adam investigated last night.
There's too much going on in this post, too many different directions. It seems kind of forced. Does anyone else see that?
This was just a mishmash of my thoughts at that moment. It wnt in different directions because I was confused.
Kirbyoshi wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:The mafia roleblocked themselves in order to make it appear as though there is a doc, so that if one of them is close to lynch, he/she can claim doc.
If the mafia RB'ed themselves (if that's possible), and since adam claimed cop, there has to be a doc, there's no "appearing" otherwise. Now, maybe the mafia could have refrained from NK-ing last Night for this same reason, but it seems unlikely.
I realized after I posted it that it didn't make sense. The mafia could choose not to submit a nightkill target( even if they didn't have a RB), but as you said, it makes more sense that there is a doctor.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

If you realized it didn't make sense, why didn't you just ebwop with an "oops, that doesn't make any sense"?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Kirbyoshi wrote:If you realized it didn't make sense, why didn't you just ebwop with an "oops, that doesn't make any sense"?
Because I had made a post afterwards that mentioned the scenarios again, but didn't mention the mistake. I assumed that it showed that I didn't believe that the mafia would roleblock themselves anymore.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Er, when in doubt, it's always best to state things, even when you don't think it needs to be stated.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Kirbyoshi wrote:Er, when in doubt, it's always best to state things, even when you don't think it needs to be stated.
If that's the case, could you please state your case against me in short? I asked you to in post 489 and you never did.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Basically, you've been posting short, sometimes almost meaningless one-liner posts, and you and YDK seem to be distancing from one another.

Like I said, not much to go on, that's why I haven't placed my vote yet.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Katy »

Hmm. I'm wondering about the way Pom has been acting re: Exalt. She said yesterday that she had noticed his statement about thinking there was a doc in the game, but she said nothing until after Pablo brought it up.

Now today when the night result makes it fairly clear that there's a doc, she tried to bring up other scenarios that were fairly far-fetched. I'm thinking that if Pom is scum she's either trying to subtly keep the heat off of Exalt without actually going to bat for him, or perhaps she knows he is town and is trying to look townie by these actions.

I haven't solidified my thoughts enough to vote yet, but my top two right now are Exalt and Pom. With Exalt I think the main case against him lies in his seemingly knowing about the doc, and unfortunately if he is town he cannot reveal what made him think/say that for fear of outing the doc so either he's scum taking advantage of that fact, or he's town who's just in a frustrating position right now.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:46 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo Molinero wrote:Huh. You suppose they tried a double RB/kill on our cop? Either way, I wanna see if he got a result or not.
This seems a bit out of character for you Pablo. Wasn't it pretty obvious that they tried a double RB/kill on me…you don’t seem like the confused kind, is this intentional?

I am actually less suspicious of Exalt because the doc is not dead.

Pom, you do not sit well with me – I think you got away with not getting lynched yesterday, and that’s why you’re coming out strong, posting.

@everyone: Who are your top two suspects?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Raskol »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I'm actually not sure, but that, combined with what I just said, and the fact she's been lurking D2, she may be a decent choice for first vote. Anyone disagree before I put the vote down?
You're not sure what happened to the case? That's awfully forgetful of you. Yesterday you were ready to lynch her (at least until you saw the chance to jump on MM's wagon. She was voting for you, wasn't she?).

I would
hope
you were ready to lynch her because you thought she was scum.

But today, you say you have no idea. At least until I remind you that you were suspicious of Pom. Now you're ready to vote her again. But only once you make sure no one has any objections, right? Nobody wants to vote for someone until they're sure they've got backing, right? (Well, townies might. :roll:)

It's strange that you didn't remember, wouldn't you say? When people genuinely believe something and aren't pretending, they tend to remember that they believe it and don't need reminding.

Vote: Kirbyoshi

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”