MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Sorry all, don't have much time to post, unfortunately. Just a quick reply this time.
Ren Hoek wrote:Did you hammer SensFan because I was starting to turn up the heat on Budja?
No.
Ren Hoek wrote:Or do you have another reason? I was waiting for contributions from these two lurkers to compare them and help decide who to lynch.

I can't totally blame you, but why the rush?
We had waited two weeks for SensFan to come out and post something game relevant, even though people were putting pressure on him even before I replaced in. I didn't want to wait another week for the lurkers in this game (I personally didn't consider Budja to be part of that group though) to post something useful. Waiting for lurkers is a perfect way to kill a game.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Alright, new team is a go. Carry on.

Scot is right about the actions. There are 72 hours of Morning Subphase where we have plenty of time to submit actions without fear of scum reprisal. They all happen at the end simultaneously.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

So I can cast my vote before you announce the scumbag?
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Yeah. We can vote in all 3 roles without worry at this point, now that the teams are set up.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

But we don't know who the scum is...

vote: vigilante
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Ren Hoek wrote:But we don't know who the scum is...
Not yet. It will all be revealed in due time.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Ok (re)reading and updating as I go.
Yosarian2 wrote:
In any case, I'm really wondering why no one else pointed out your statement was basically untrue. Especally CKD, who's been quite active both in this thread and that one since then. Especally considering my earlier concerns that if you are town he may have been trying to buddy up to you, I find that problematic. CKD?
I am missing this, what was the untrue statement(963)?

==
vollkan wrote:
Yos wrote: I kind of see what you mean about Adel laying back on day 1, but it seemed more like an information gathering stratagy then anything with anti-town motives to me.
I'm beginning to form the impression that it may well just be a consequence of people not liking Adel's playstyle combined with (as reflected in some of the comments I rebutted) a gut-based suspicion arising from the FL lynch result. Adel is hard to read at the best of times, let alone when he is giving extra attention to game-theory.
I disagree with you here vollkan. I have played with Adel numerous times and never have I seen him play this way. At first, I was suspicious but chalked it up to Adel trying to bust the game mechanic (or at least work it). They his later played got super wishy washy, used a huge net, then was OMGUSy. then there was the flake. Perhaps his play was strange because events in RL was leading up to the flake. But I was getting decent scum vibes from Adel right about the time he was heavily defending Sens....the FL result only added to that.

==
MichelSableheart wrote:Concluding: Based on my current reads, I would say that CKD, Budja and SensFan are the most likely scumteam. This conclusion is not at all well researched though.
Curious now that Sens has flipped town, how has this conclusion changed?

==
Yosarian2 wrote:I, for one, am basically waiting to hear some real content from CKD before we end the day, and especally to hear what CKD thinks about Sens at the moment.
strange comment...you didnt know my opinion of Sens yesterday? How so? I basically thought he was town...however, toward the end of the day, his lurking started to put him back on my radar because I had a feeling that Adel's comment about him not being invested in the game gave him a free pass to lurk (yeah, I know he didnt say lurk, but can you trace when Sens started lurking heavier?) At any rate, he flipped town.
==
Goat kicks ass. I am fine with Goat’s plan. VERY interested in who Yos/MS chose to investigate and how they chose who gets the role.

==
Once Korts confirms Vig, will vote cop.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: I disagree with you here vollkan. I have played with Adel numerous times and never have I seen him play this way. At first, I was suspicious but chalked it up to Adel trying to bust the game mechanic (or at least work it). They his later played got super wishy washy, used a huge net, then was OMGUSy. then there was the flake. Perhaps his play was strange because events in RL was leading up to the flake. But I was getting decent scum vibes from Adel right about the time he was heavily defending Sens....the FL result only added to that.
What was the OMGUSy stuff exactly?

To address everything else:

This game is peculiar both in the setup and, at various points, in the level of activity. Those are two factors on their own which I think are relevant, but there's also an issue of the whole being bigger than the sum of the parts because, combined, I think they have the potential to seriously affect playstyle.

I'm going to quote something I said earlier here:
CKD wrote: Adel casts a wide net as scum? This is a game where Adel didn't seem to really have any extremely strong suspicions (understandably, imo) and so I don't think it is unreasonable to think that Adel may have been dealing with that by trying to go as broad as possible.
It's a reasonable argument to say that, all else being equal, Adel casting an unusually wide net would be scummy. But my quibble is that all else is definitely NOT equal here. I'm saying this as somebody who has himself been unable to nail down any (speaking relatively to other games) firm suspicions here.

As a preliminary matter, put yourself in what, if town, would be Adel's position: you're in a complicated game and you don't have clear suspicions. In those circumstances, is doing what Adel did really that problematic? I think that a broad approach was at least a reasonably probable town reaction.

The FL result is, again as I have said before, unreadable based on the result because it did seem to be the optimum strategy at the time.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

curiouskarmadog wrote: I am missing this, what was the untrue statement(963)?
Ren claimed there was a major case made against me in the advertising thread, and used that as a reason to attack me without ever actually explaining what it was. Once the advertising thread was posted, it was clear that that wasn't actually true at all, and he admitted he basically streached the truth there to try to get a reaction out of me, or something like that. I'm wondering, why didn't question him about that statement, either here in thread or in the advertising thread?

[quoet]
Yosarian2 wrote:I, for one, am basically waiting to hear some real content from CKD before we end the day, and especally to hear what CKD thinks about Sens at the moment.
strange comment...you didnt know my opinion of Sens yesterday? How so? I basically thought he was town...however, toward the end of the day, his lurking started to put him back on my radar because I had a feeling that Adel's comment about him not being invested in the game gave him a free pass to lurk (yeah, I know he didnt say lurk, but can you trace when Sens started lurking heavier?) At any rate, he flipped town. [/quote]

(shrug) You'd been lurking for about a week, during which time the wagon on sensfan gathered steam and grew a great deal. I wanted to wait to hear your last words on Sensfan before we lynched him; it could have been quite informative, depending on what you said and how Sensfan flipped, and you had promised to post content on Sunday (it was Saturday when I made that post). So, yeah; I wanted to see if you'd come in and defend him when he was at lynch -1, or if you'd change your mind and attack him, or if you'd ignore the whole thing. Any one of those could have told me a lot about you. Sadly, the day ended before that happened.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

I'm reading everyone's posts wondering who is acting like a soon to be revealed CAUGHT SCUM.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Korts »

(3) Vigilante- vollkan, vollkan, Ren Hoek
(0) Cop-
(0) Hider-
(0) None-

not voting:
Ojanen, OhGodMylife, curiouskarmadog

3 to approve

Vigilante has been approved

Approved
Bus Driver, Vigilante
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Korts »

(0) Cop-
(0) Hider-
(0) None-

not voting:
Ojanen, OhGodMylife, curiouskarmadog, vollkan, Ren Hoek

3 to approve

Approved
Bus Driver, Vigilante
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Korts »

No-one has been prodded.
scumchat never die
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vote cop
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:38 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:Concluding: Based on my current reads, I would say that CKD, Budja and SensFan are the most likely scumteam. This conclusion is not at all well researched though.
Curious now that Sens has flipped town, how has this conclusion changed?
First I want to remark that that conclusion was only on the assumption that Ren Hoek was pro-town, which I'm still not 100% sure about. The possibility of a Goat-Ren pairing has dropped dramatically with Goat's claim of having found scum though. Only if there are 4 scum members (meaning the extra kill would mean the win for mafia) would semi-confirmed Goat risk himself for an extra kill, IMO.

So what has changed? SensFan has become obvtown. Goat-scot pairing is still unlikely. Which means the mafia is likely 3 out of Vollkan, Ojanen, OGML, CKD, Budja and Yosarian. Yosarian is almost certainly not scum, for his defense of Adel and the fact that he would have seen the consequences of the scotmany kill. OGML and CKD are not scum together, and one of them is almost certainly scum for the bandwagon in the accounts QT. CKD looks a bit better with the Sens town flip. I'm no longer sure which of the two would be my highest suspect.

So basically, I would say that, assuming RH is town, the mafia would be one out of OGML/CKD and two out of Vollkan/Ojanen/Budja. I'm not going to pin it down further, as I'm hoping that Goat's kill and the scum kill will have given us a lot more information come voting time.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

vote: cop
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Ojanen »

I'm back.
vote: cop
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Ojanen »

Michel wrote:Sensfan hasn't been very active, posting nothing relevant at all in the last 2 weeks. IMO, there wasn't really anything wrong with his attack on FaerieLord, but he has been evasive when answering questions about it. I reluctantly could see him lynched today for being a lurker, but I don't want to give up a powerrole each day or force scotmany to use his repairing ability relatively early. I really prefer other lynchtargets.
This was on Sunday 9th; you hammered Sensfan next week Saturday. Was one more week of lurking the thing that changed your mind?
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

I'm looking forward to finding out who the scum is, that's when the real analysis starts.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Family obligations have me limited to only a short time on a real computer each day for the next week. I'll be periodically checking the site from my phone, but the blackberry's web browser is the worst platform for viewing MS in the entire world. An i-ching set would work better.

Michel, Yos, Vollkan - thats my call for the scumteam.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Budja »

Michel is my scum-pick at the moment. I was reasonably sure one of Adel/Sens was scum.

Waiting on Goat now.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

I'm impatient.

mod prod: Goat
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Ah, Blackberry. I've been trying to program web applications for BlackBerry's for my job and it's been a pain in the ass.

I've got a reason (might be nothing, but I don't see the downside) to waiting on claiming. Unless there is a pressing reason for me to lay it all out now, I'd prefer to see how things go first.

Patience is a virtue :).
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

Might you not be killed any moment now? You have to reveal...
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 am

Ojanen wrote:This was on Sunday 9th; you hammered Sensfan next week Saturday. Was one more week of lurking the thing that changed your mind?
One more week of lurking (after him stating he's back on monday) plus a lack of consensus for any other lynch that would be acceptable to me.

Ren, Korts hasn't confirmed the start of morning hours yet. Scum can't kill yet.

Furthermore, once morninghours start, Goat is going to submit the kill immediately. I really don't see how killing Goatrevolt is going to stop him from vigging the scum he's found.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”